Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reunions.

No one in this Galaxy can love a girl more than her father.
-Michael Ratnadeepak-
Once, before the Sith, a man loved a woman. He was a governor, she the daughter of another, and the two fell in love. They cared for one another, and convinced her father to unite the two houses as one. They were wed, and together they had a daughter. A beautiful baby girl. In disbelief the man held his child, wondering how he could have made something so pure.

While his wife was pregnant, a Zabrak had found him and made a deal. Power to protect his wife and his unborn child from any threat. The power of a Sith. He was still in training when his daughter was born, but he knew what he had to do. He couldn't stay. With a kiss on the child's forehead and the same on his wife, he left them both. The darkness within him could not grow so close to something so innocent.

It had been fifteen years since Lucifer left his home behind. A place no one knew about, as he never once visited. But now, when his life seemed so stable, he had returned. He sat within the garden his wife had loved, looking to everything he had left behind. Everything he had loved. And in his dark heart, he felt a stir of longing.

A longing that was quickly crushed. There was no time for regret anymore.

[member="Arzela Rivanon"]

The Gardens were particularly bright this morning. Autumn had settled over Cedarvale casting a golden glow over the estate, sending crisp leaves spiraling ever downward to the stone flags below. Sat amidst the swirling tornado little Keri coo'd, her slow hands doing their best to grasp and snatch and pluck the tree's bounty straight from the air itself. The sight of it had Arzela smiling.

"Clever little thing, aren't you?" she remarked, watching how her cousin's face would scrunch up in concentration as her fingers flexed and danced upward. Wanting, needing... Compassion drove the older of the two into tenderly catching one within her hands and offering it down to the babe. The crinkle of dying leaves resounded in the courtyard a moment later. Nature did not stand a chance against the whims of so curious a mind as little Keri who crushed it within her grasp.

Her gaze lifted just a touch to take note of the sun's position in the sky. Soon it would be right above, raining down its brilliance upon the Garden... And while that was Arzela's favourite time of day she knew that it would only harm poor Keri to be out amidst its rays. Even her pretty little sunhat would not provide enough protection. The child whined just a touch as she opened her hand and watched as what remained of the leaf fluttered away on the delicate breeze. Winter was coming, she knew, and with it the loss of all the Garden's colour. Until only the evergreens the estate was named for remained.

"Alas, does our morning end, little Keri... Let us go see what Privela has cooked up for lunch, shall we?" The babbling babe said nothing as she was lifted up from the ground and into her cousin's arms. A tender kiss was placed atop her head, a much loved gesture held between the pair. She smelled of orchid and green daisy, with just a hint of strawberry from her morning bath... To Arzela that was perfection. The newly acquired daisies were her favourite, they responded so perfectly to the presence of the two girls, as though they knew that they were there... Though the groundskeeper had warned against allowing Keri to get too close. Apparently they were a rarity to be treasured, and extremely sensitive.

So the pair observed them from afar.

Walking back through the Gardens, away from its heart where a fountain had recently been erected in her Mother's memory, she could not help but point out all the different plants and creatures that were held within. Whether or not her darling cousin was interested remained to be seen, yet there was no protest. In fact, the small child had her head nestled against Arzela's shoulder. No doubt ready for a nap... A sentiment that she shared. Alas, after lunch came studies. Mornings were the only bit of freedom she truly had anymore. Maodanna ran a tight ship.

When her wanderings brought her toward the forefront of the Garden however Arzela stopped. A slight frown worked its way to her expression before she deftly brushed it aside. That was not very ladylike at all... But there was a stranger, sat perched upon her Mother's favourite spot. Not only were strangers simply unheard of at Cedarvale the audacity that they would sit there of all places had indignation rising within the young girl.

Shifting Keri on her hip, she peered out from under the brim of her sunhat to regard the stranger almost passively. Her gaze slipped from him as though looking for a servant or some other member of staff who might have granted him entry. But nobody was lingering around. He was not being watched... Why? It hit her then, the realization that in her Mother's absence she was now the Lady of the House. In that case, perhaps it was more prudent for her to provide him with all manner of courtesies so that he did not think ill of her House.

"Good afternoon, Ser..." she began, rocking slightly in place to keep Keri from acting up. The child whined a lot when she was tired, not that Arzela minded but this gentleman might. "I apologize if you have not yet been seen to. Are you here on business? Perhaps I can assist you, if you'd like to come inside..." And away from my Mother's bench... "I believe that lunch has been prepared in the solar, a more appropriate place to talk no doubt." She had no idea who he was. No idea why he was here. But if a stranger had come to Cedarvale that meant he was of importance. And important people did not enjoy being mistreated or left without.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

Bright hazel eyes turned from the rose bush he had once planted and to the voice that had called out to him. A feeling of annoyance washed over him as someone dared to interrupt this moment. A tint of red showed in his eyes as he turned, but the color, as well as the emotion, quickly drained. Lucifers eyes widened as if he saw a ghost, a beautiful ghost of his wife. He knew better however, and he knew who [member="Arzela Rivanon"] was. Tears seemed to form, but were quickly wiped away.

"You look so much like your mother you know." It was then that he stood up, nodding once to the girl. Part of him was reluctant to reveal to her who he was, and as such he had no intention of doing so just yet. "Ah, where are my manners. My name is Lucifer, Lady Rivanon. I was a close friend of your mothers before you were born. I just recently learned of her passing. Please, lead on. We don't want that poor child to be outside any longer than she wants to be." The child being the whining babe in her arms. He seemed unphased by the child's cries, and simply kept a polite smile on his lips.

The annoyance which this stranger radiated washed over her immediately, and she took a step back with her free hand settling over her heart. "Oh my..." she breathed, quietly so as not to seem rude, before lowering her hand down to brush against her skirts in an attempt to correct her appearance.

How very stupid she must have appeared then and there, a child of barely fifteen speaking to a guest as though she had any right to. I have a distinct feeling that these duties will only become harder as time progresses... She had been spared the worst of it since Emmanuela's passing, but no doubt this was the first sign of the storm which lingered on the horizon.

Safe no more, are we of Cedarvale? All of our structures have been lost to us, the supporting pillars that were my Mother and Aunt... How will so fine an establishment survive under the likes of myself? It did not bear thinking of.

This stranger was no longer frustrated with the disruption, however. Quite the contrary, tears had formed and were falling down his cheeks before he could hastily brush them aside. Arzela quite coyly diverted her gaze downward so as not to embarrass the gentleman, and felt a constriction around her heart as he spoke of her Mother. Of their similarities.

Do not think on such. You have present company, and you must hold yourself properly, Little Lottie...

Settling her hand back up to fully support Keri, Arzela managed a slight lift of the chin in order to regard him with a more steady gaze. "Of course, good Ser, forgive my ignorance." And the fact that Mother never once mentioned your name to mine ears... "If you would follow me, Ser, it shan't be too long before you can be seated once more." Away from Mother's seat.

She led the way through the remainder of the Garden and up the steps into the most lavish house. While there were several solars throughout the estate, the one she usually held lunch within was on the ground floor, just beyond the study. It would not do to use her private rooms at such a time of day, no that was reserved solely for breakfast and supper. And only if Arzela had time to relax. Otherwise she ate with the others.

The study was beautiful, large hardwood bookcases with a dark stain lined the walls, plump leather armchairs, desks of the same grain, and tables lay throughout, and a heavy rug softened the floorboards. By contrast to the dark room within which she spent most of her time, the adjoining solar was a wonder to behold. Windows framed the majority of the walls, an unfinished hexagonal shape which framed the somewhat ornate table. The seats held cushions, and at this time of day sunlight pooled into the room and cast an almost ethereal glow about the place.

"Please, Ser, help yourself to whichever seat you prefer." She prayed he did not sit in the one just right of the window, again her Mothers. Even Arzela herself did not take Lady Emmanuela's place. The table was laid perfectly, and upon it rested an assortment of afternoon delicacies. Dainty sandwiches and cakes, a steaming teapot... Chances were this poor individual did not appreciate such traditions as afternoon tea. Perhaps she would have to have something a little more hearty sent for.

By this point Keridwen was sound asleep, so Arzela lowered her into a woven basket set to one side specifically meant for such occasions. Quite forgetting present company, she took a moment to tuck the sweet babe in alongside her favourite stuffed animal before laying a kiss atop her head. "Sleep well, Little One" she whispered, before turning to face her guest. Just which seat had he chosen...

[member="Darth Ferus"]

Hopefully to [member="Arzela Rivanon"] 's surprise he didn't sit in the exact same seat as her Mothers, but instead one close to it. There he sat, staring at the empty chair with another sad look on his face. A face of realization, that Lucifer would never again see his darlings face. That he had been gone too long. He wouldn't even notice his daughter, not until the sound of a tea cup shattering caught his ear.

Blue eyes turned to see another familiar face, that of Maodanna. Her face was pale and her eyes wide, unable to speak as if she had seen a ghost. In a way, she had. Fifteen years ago was the last time this woman would have seen Lucy, but he had not aged one bit. There was not a single hair of grey, not a single line or wrinkle on his face. It was as if his leaving was just the day before.

Lucy got up and made his way over to the cup and bent over to pick it up. The handle had snapped off, and there was a chip along the edge. Mostly fine, but unsuitable for midday tea. "My dear, you must be more careful. This could have shattered more and caused you harm." He spoke calmly, just like a Governor of an estate would speak to any maid of the house. She stuttered then, finally able to form words as her thoughts collected and the fact this wasn't a dream was realized.

"L.. Lord Morningstar..?" It was a question more than a statement. Lucy simply smiled and nodded, and tears welled up in the woman's eyes as she went to hug the tall man. "There were rumors you had died! It is so good to see you. You have missed so much!" She would go on, but by now Arzela might have picked up on the reveal, and may have her own words to speak.

Maodanna is the character you created, but I figured she would have been around while Ferus was still there. Feel free to take it where ever you'd like, and I'm more than willing to change the bit about her recognizing Ferus if you don't like it.

He knew more than he let on, this stranger to her home. The seat he chose was not her mother's, but instead the one beside it... And as if he knew as much his gaze had settled upon the spot that her late mother preferred. Arzela was more than a little confused at how it was he knew this, and while it could have been a coincidence the look in his eye spoke otherwise.

The sound of perfectly fine china smashing caught her attention, drawing her focus away from the stranger to Maodanna. Truthfully she did not know whether to seem embarrassed, furious, or indifferent... Though thankfully the decision seemed not hers to make as the stranger piqued up as though he owned the place. The fondness in his tone suggested a familiarity with the old housekeeper.

And then it happened.

Her whole world came crashing down with just two spoken words. Lord Morningstar. Her Father. Oh, while she had never once seen image or head word from him Arzela certainly knew his name. Her name. Though most knew her simply as Arzela Rivanon in truth she held the title of Lady Morningstar of Cedarvale. If he was being referred to as the Lord of the Estate, however, that could only make him one person.

"Please, let me help you" she said almost on instinct as the broken cup remained upon the floor, what with attention being drawn to the stranger. Rising from her seat, she moved across the room to where her housekeeper was stood - just before she sidestepped Arzela in favour of a warm embrace - and knelt amidst the broken remains. Thankfully it was not one of Emmanuela's favourites.

Should she have addressed the revelation which had just presented itself? Of course. But she felt nerves shaking through the entirety of her body and fought to keep herself calm and collected. As a Lady ought to. When she snagged her finger on the sharp corner of china, however, she could not refrain from sucking in a breath.

Truth be told she had no idea what was going on in that moment. Had Maodanna not admitted him? If not she, then how had he entered at all? How had he come into the estate unseen?

If he truly is your Lord Father then there should be no surprise... This is his Estate.

So why had he led her to believe he was something else?

[member="Darth Ferus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom