Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reunion of Hope

Weeks- no. Months had passed since Vega last saw her. The last time was on Denon. Vega left her there to pursue a whole new path in life. A path not many walked these days. Vega blamed the upbringing, claiming it was due to denying knowledge to those who could have made something better of themselves. But she could talk; she refused to give Amara any knowledge when the opportunity presented itself; however, that was for the best. Lest her teach that which an inexperienced mind could handle. Stability was a concern when she was but only beginning her journey into the ways of the force. But what of now? Now time had passed. An amount Vega was content with. She promised she'd revisit the girl, whether or not her loyalty resided with the enemy or not. They were both two sides of the same elegant coin. It was all a matter of preference and point of view. One Vega wasn't too blind to acknowledge. It was decided.

Vega plucked at the terminal before her, loading up the link which opened the pathway to Amara's communication's system. Vega was wise to exchange the information with her before their divide. Other than that she'd have to kidnap another Jedi and force Amara's information out of them via necessary means of torture. Thankfully she didn't have to go to such lengths. The scorched female danced digits with the terminal one last time for the moment in order for the machine to start ringing. The tone repeated while Vega sat back in her chair, dismissing blood which built up within the corners of her lips with a wipe of her wrist. She wasn't concerned whether or not Amara would answer. The machine was already transmitting the coordinates of the facility to Amara's device so she could make her way there when she saw fit. Sure it was within the Unknown Region based upon a rogue moon, but a few good hyperspace jumps'd easily carry the supposedly young Jedi towards her. Until such an answer to the call or arrival to the base was received, Vega saw to taking herself within the biological facility of the base in order to proceed forward with creating medicines in advance. Such a thing was necessary when one didn't know how long they'd be away from. . . well, home? She could call it that. She had a headpiece on which was synced up to the terminal, anyway. That way she didn't have to linger around it waiting for someone to pick up on the other end. Hopefully it was still Amara's link and not another Jedi. Vega could only hope she hadn't changed it.

Amara No'orabi

Amara had been deep in her studies when her comlink started ringing. It was one of the few things from her past life that she had left, and for some reason she always kept it charged. Many Jedi had the devices; they were useful, necessary even, and as long as they felt no attachment towards the object it was safe to keep. The beeping disrupted her train of thought and she set aside her datapad. Matsu wouldn't be pleased if she turned in her assignment late, but she had time. Her research into saber crystals wasn't anything revolutionary, but she had to show that she possessed a good deal of knowledge now that she had gone to Ilum to find her own crystal. Her saber had just been finished; it was simple, yet elegant in its simplicity, and its blue blade glowed brightly, taking on an almost white edge. She felt it was a statement of herself; bright, with an edge, but never one to lean towards the darkness or the shadows to do what needed to be done.

Hm. Darkness. She stood and picked up the comlink, pressing the button that would answer the call.

"No'orabi," she said, holding the device near her mouth. Something in her chest thrummed. Was it excitement or foreboding? Not many people had her contact information. The only person she could think of that would call her comlink instead of knocking on her door was someone she hadn't heard from in months, a shadow of her past life that whispered in her ear while she slept, a shadow that murmured sweet promises of adventure and wealth. Amara had sent every last credit she had earned on the thieving run with Vega to her mother, but she hadn't contacted her family since. She wasn't allowed to. Attachment was a path to the Dark Side. Her understanding of the Dark Side was complicated though; she didn't think it was all bad, per se, but she couldn't say that she had romped about Denon with a Sith in the Jedi Temple. That would have gone over poorly.

[member="Vega the Chaos Mage"]

'Amara-', Vega thought to herself. That voice; it was enough for her to lower the funnel in her hold and reach her fingers for the equipment strapped around her ear. To be honest Vega didn't expect a reply so quickly. Not when the girl was still undergoing her guidance in the Jedi arts. A finger adjusted the frequency so a more clearer tone emitted in her ear, causing her to wince. Ear-piercing, but ensured the quality of the conversation.

"Amara?" This time audible, and reasonably easy to hear through the mouthpiece. "I'm surprised you got back so soon. It's Vega; I needn't go into further detail on who I am, I believe." The female stood from her chair, fingers gliding across the ruined fabric which emitted an elegant spark to her touch. "Do you think you can get to me sometime soon? I've already sent forward my location. You should have the coordinates of a facility located upon a rogue moon within the Unknown Region. Shouldn't take that long for you to get here. I promised we'd meet again, and this time I'd like to do so where I know we can go undisturbed. However, I do require you to turn off your trackers upon jumping out of hyperspace to avoid tracing this facility and myself."

[member="Amara No'orabi"]

Vega. Amara's stomach flipped, joyful in the knowledge that her former companion was alive and well, but also a bit conflicted now that she knew of Vega's true nature. Vega seemed different from the Siths and other Dark Siders that Amara had been warned about though; as far as Amara knew, Vega was relatively peaceful and lived her life as a smuggler and thief instead of slaughtering people and wreaking havoc across the galaxy.

"I was working on my studies when you called. My comlink is always in my room, so it was a simple matter of walking from the sitting room to my bedroom," Amara explained, fiddling with her datapad. She ran her thumbnail along one of the creases in the metal, wondering idly what it would be like to take it apart. If she couldn't put it back together, though, she had a feeling that Matsu would not be pleased.

The request took her by surprise though, and something icy trickled down Amara's spine. Vega had been a friend, yes, but only for a few brief days. Her past was foggy, and all Amara knew was that the woman had once been a Jedi and had left the Order to pursue a...darker path. She wanted to trust Vega. She really did. But her training was telling her to be careful. Her former attachment to the woman was dangerous, the woman in question even more so. Amara was an emotional young woman, something her Master and the other Master Jedi were often concerned with. She had heard Matsu speaking in hushed tones with one of the others a few days ago; the other Master, whose voice she could not place, had said that "it was only a matter of time before she goes Dark...unless she gets a handle on her emotions."

Amara ran a hand over her face and began to fiddle with the hilt of her lightsaber, a bad habit she had developed. She hadn't accidentally activated the weapon though. Yet.

"Why do we need to go somewhere that we cannot be found?" she asked, keeping her voice even. "I know that we were friends...are friends," she corrected, shaking her head. "It's very complicated trying to balance out my training with my thoughts if I'm being honest, but Vega...you have to admit that you cropping up out of the blue and asking me to come to a hidden moon, alone, and to then deactivate my tracking beacon is a little suspicious. Are you in trouble?"

[member="Vega the Chaos Mage"]

Vega let a long pause of silence come between them. She was weary; far more cautious, to be precise. It was understandable if she'd been doing her Jedi training, however. Once one had been taught about the Sith, all caution was advised. At least in Vega's time, it was. "You've nothing to fear," Vega eventually killed the tense silence between them. "For I carry a mere title. Of course you have a right to be cautious, but I have as much of a right, as well. I need not the trouble of more Jedi storming my doorstep, tearing apart my facility in their moment of merciless action. Do you trust me?"

[member="Amara No'orabi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom