Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning To One's Roots [Iella E`ron]

Tython
Deep Core

The last time Heavenshield had wandered these grassy fields, stepped into the deep forests and come out the other side with a new shapshifting friend at his side, he was but an eight-year-old. Twelve years later he returns, a man in his own right, and a Knight at that. His body had been shaped into an instrument of peacekeeping, coupled with a kind heart and gentle demeanor. Stepping out of the space port and into the sunlit landscape, the young man took a deep breath, relishing the scents of his youth as they spark memories of old. At first they verged on bringing him to tears, but soon a smile formed across his face. Nina, the baby girl in his care, was still in bed inside his ship since the journey here from Coruscant was just long enough to see her fall asleep, and so he would see the world for himself for the time being.

Wandering down the very same road he once walked beside his beloved Master Asha back when they decided to leave the Order and seek their own path in life. This did not mean Thurion was against the Jedi or what they represented, far from it. He respected all walks of life, for even the Sith have their ways and beliefs which they hold sacred above all, much like anyone else does. There are no black and white, only shades of gray. His inconspicuous robes fluttered in the warm breeze, as did his golden hair, and when he was finally standing at the bottom of the Temple steps, Thurion felt as if he had been transported back in time, back to when he was a young boy and new to this place. It was a welcomed sight, to say the least.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

The blood pumped around her body as a glistening sweat rested on her skin making her T-Shirt cling to her back. Iella was coming down the mountain fast, the path only with a few hundred meters to go until she returned to the base of the Temple Steps. Her daily run ... a habit and necessity to keep her body in fit condition for duty, combat and training, especially when training with Knight Saki, you needed to be on your best form. Her feet thudding down of the hard surface of the path carrying her with the momentum of the steep incline, no one needed to use of the Force today to know Iella was about. Finally, she slowed and came to a stop at the base of the steps. Placing her hands on her waist she leaned back to take in air and fill her squeezed lungs for the exertion. Her heart pounded in her ears as she began to quieten her body and mind, opening her eyes to the sky she could see the twin moons of Bogan and Ashla, their waves of the force crashing over her, softening and energizing and filling her with renewed strength. She stood their for a moment, allowing the force to wrap around her.

More deep breaths, and then her head turned toward the upper part of the Temple Steps, it was to be her next destination, however, another reason turned her head. A Force Presence unknown to her, a strong and calm presence radiated through the force like the fresh air after the spring rains. A male presence, steeped in wonder and joy as if returning home. Iella turned and ascended the stairs to greeting him.

A gentle faced man stood there as she approached, "Good morning", she said with a small smile. "It is truly a pleasant day".

Debating whether or not to enter the ancient halls of the Jedi Temple, the young man stood before the entrance and remained hesitant of doing so, for part of him thought himself unworthy. His internal arguing came to a screeching halt, however, as upon turning his head and looking down the stairs behind him he was met with the friendly appearance of a woman he didn't recognise from before. A beautiful woman, who couldn't be many years older than himself, although chances were they'd never met eachother back when both were aspiring padawans. In any case, he did not know her, yet even so he would show her every courtesy as is befitting a Jedi Master, though her appearance did not allude to her title. He could tell the masters from the knights by now, however. Their auras burned brighter than any other, as it should be, in his opinion. Masters should serve as living examples of their Order, and so the Force should be stronger in them than most others.

Greeting the blonde woman as she ascended the stairs, walking up to him, Thurion smiled and bowed generously as a sign of respect. "It is a good morning, indeed, Master Jedi." He stepped to the side so that he would not be in the way as she reached the top of the stairs. "Some seem to greet the morning earlier than others", he said jokingly as he made subtle gestures to the recently awoken padawans about to begin their daily chores. "Forgive me, I have forgotten my manners. My name is Thurion, my lady." Again he bowed, this time only inclining his head towards the woman. He turned to look at the entrance once more. "This... used to be my home. A long time ago, in my early years of being a padawan." Thurion had no worries about being open to the people of this planet, for it was one he knew well, both the world itself and its people, and neither seemed to have changed much in the last ten years. This was a place of peace and serenity, and it seemed it always would be, much to his appreciation.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Iella returned his bow with equality, and smiled. "I am Iella E`ron .. please call me Iella. And welcome home Thurion", she replied. She looked around the landscape .. Tython is truly a magic place. The air filled with life giving force which seeps into ones very soul. The skin prickles with it and give strength to tired bodies .. a place of renewal, a place of the Force.

"I did not grow up here or attend the Academy. I hail from Corellia and then Tatooine. I visited here for the first time as a Padawan", she spoke remembering the day clearly. "Have you traveled long distance to be here. I must be keeping your from your purpose for the visit".

She shifted a bit as the cold air of Tython began to chill her skin as her body cooled from the run. "Shall we go inside?", she offered.

Thurion smiled as he watched the woman talk about herself, and recognised that special look in her eyes any man, woman and child has when talking about home. "Oh, no. I was on Coruscant prior to coming here, so not a long trip at all. Long enough to make my little girl fall asleep aboard the ship, though." He chuckled a bit, before noticing the goosebumbs on the woman's forearms. "Yes, let's." It felt odd, wandering into the former home of his, yet it all looked the same as it did ten years ago. Everywhere he looked he saw himself running through the empty halls, playing hide-and-seek with Kitty, or walk beside his master, clutching her hand like a son would his mother.

This one place invoked so many memories that it verged on overwhelming him, enough to erase the smile on his face and replace it with a slight frown. His fingertips traced the lines of the nearby pillar, one that he had mistakingly cut with his training saber once. The markings were still there, at knee-high level. Walking a bit further he noticed the staircase under which he and Kitty had hidden from the others, during the night the two first met. Turning his head to the left he got a glance at one of the training rooms he and Asha would frequently spend time in, now occupied by another pair of master and apprentice.

For a full minute, Thurion was lost inside his own memories and did not speak a word. His breath had become heavier as the minute went on, yet as he eventually snapped out of his comatose state, it steadied and his attention was once again set on Master Iella. "Forgive me, my lady. I was... It feels strange, coming home, is all." The emotional ordeal made him slightly disoriented for a second, and he found himself supporting his weight on the nearby wall.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

As they walked through the corridors of the Temple, Iella listened to the force. The walls of the Temple saturated with and the pulses of it rippling through the threads connected to her. The history of the Temple vast, old and peppered with sadness along with times of joy. She could sense the Jedi now here to train, even at times sense Jedi past as if they still walked the corridors as she and Thurion do now.

She had this same experience on Illum .. in the cave of crystals. The history there etched within the structure and the Temple was no different. Her visions from time to time, filling her mind images of the past. War and destruction .. loves won and lost, Jedi struggling with their will some exhalted while others fall. Iella had learned to block the emotions associated with them or else she would be overcome by them.

Her head turned toward Thurion, she sensed his unease and seeing him struggle with emotions she moved to him to assist him. Taking hold of his arm .. "Thurion what is it?", she asked concerned.

When the woman grabbed hold of his arm, his head snapped in her direction, and for a moment he truly believed Asha had returned to him. In that moment of realisation that it was not her, his expression went from happily surprised to brokenhearted. "There's... too much. Too much of her in this place..." he said as tears welled in the corners of his eyes. He backed away from her a few steps before hitting the wall behind him, and then slumped down onto the floor. He buried his face into the palms of his hands, and began to sob like a child - the same child he saw inhabit the halls of this place, haunting him. There was nothing he wished for more than to be able to relive his time spent here, so that he could be with her again, mother and son once more. Tears streamed down his cheeks and all he could say was the same two words over and over. "Forgive me, forgive me, forgive me..." Iella might be wondering why he was sorry, but the fact of the matter was that he was not apologising to her, nor anyone in the mortal realm.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

She was only momentarily surprised as he pulled away from her and his eyes fell on her. The answer came quickly through the force, Iella could sense his sudden overwhelming sadness and heart ache. His words only served to punctuate his grief at the loss of loved ones, now haunting his mind and brought back to life in this place. Their very essence present in the walls and the force around him. The calm strong man she had met only a few moments ago now sat shattered on the floor .. his face wet with tears probably to long held back. Iella's immediate reaction is to go to him and help. But she stayed herself for the moment, the reason for it is his plea for forgiveness. The tone of his voice told her .. he was not asked this of her.

Her mind raced thinking of ways to help, she could lift him to his feet and take him from here and away into the fields and help him regain himself. But no.

There comes a time in everyone's life when faced with the pain of grief .. whether that grief is for the loss of life taken so quickly from them or because of ones inability to have helped and saved. Even if there is no fault of that person, it matters little when you are suffering their loss. Iella decided not to take him from here unless he requested it. The force had brought him home to Tython, maybe it is time for him to face his past. To release the sadness and the guilt.

It is not easy to embrace your guilt, it is not easy to constantly fight daily against the emotions of it that seek to eat at your soul, it is not easy to push away the dark side even vigilant to your weak moments, it is not easy to remain true to your purpose.. it is not easy to be .. Jedi.

Iella moved toward him now and sat beside him. She raised her arms and pulled him toward her, and rested his head on her shoulder to give comfort. For the moment, Iella did not say a word. She would remain there until he realised he had come here to face this, to face his past. And she would help him as best she could.

In time, his sobbing died out and looking straight ahead, he saw himself being carried by his beloved Asha Seren. The little boy in her arms looked so happy and unburdened by the worries of the world, and both of them were waving at him with wide smiles on their faces. This image of his past brought hope to his broken heart and mended his spirit somewhat, and he knew he would never forget or that anything would ever taint the memories he cherish. His young self and Asha would always be together in another plane of existence, where they would forever be happy. Unearthing the past would only cause them harm in the end. Thurion raised his hand and managed to wave back to the little boy and his mother and master who carried him, after which their silhouettes slowly dissipated.

Wiping the last tears from his cheeks, Thurion rose to his feet with the support of the wall behind him and turned to @[member="Iella E'ron"], who had remained by his side throughout this whole ordeal. A slight smile stretched across his face as he gently grasped her hand in his and brought it up to his lips, followed by him giving her hand a delicate kiss. "Thank you, Lady Iella. They're in a better place now." After the kiss he placed his other hand atop hers, fully capsulating it within his own two palms.

[OOC: I'm so very sorry for the time it took me to reply to this thread. You have the patience of a saint.] :)

[ooc: ;) tis ok, kinda been busy around here anyway ... you may have noticed events]

She rose up and stood looking at the man, his hands holding her's and she could sense in him a release. His catharsis not complete, they never are, but a large step taken by him on his path to healing his soul. She did not know who he referred to, but it is clear they are ... Jedi. Even if one is one with the force, you always remain Jedi.

"They?", she softly asked. "I do not have to sense you through the force to know you grieve ... a loss strong that has clearly informed your path within the Galaxy. Although you have only now began to release them, it is testament to you that it did not lead you in another direction. This tells me you are very strong, of character and did not succumb to emotions that weaker beings allow to engulf them".

"If you wish to tell me them, the ones loved and lost, I would be happy to sit and listen", she hoped to further is release by him speaking their names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom