Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning From Whence We Came

Ailred was quite enthusiastic recently, it was because the original owner of Mon Calamari Shipyards had appeared to him. Ailred was just in his new office looking over some designs and ships of the company to see what he had gained. While he was very thankful for what Eddak had done, the only purpose Mon Calamari Shipyards could serve him was to help him reunite his people. He didn't have a passion for the company, but he did care about it. Which was why he had decided to give the company back to the original owner, hoping nothing but the best to come out of this. He only had to speak to Eddak first.

"Eddak, I want you to know I am very appreciative of this opportunity you have given me," he continued, sitting at his desk as Eddak sat across from him. "I do not wish for you to think I am being disrespectful, by giving this up. The gentleman, Reshmar, has assured me I can continue to operate with the company, and to help my people." Ailred never wanted to upset Eddak, but it was a mighty gift, and he was giving it up.

Eddak would be lying if he didn't feel a little somber, due to the news of Ailred giving up the company with little in exchange. But after talking to Ailred, it sounded like it was more than a little, he only hoped it worked out for his friend in the end. Eddak was sitting comfortably as they had been speaking for awhile, but it seemed Ailred was just finishing up the paperwork he was going to give Reshmar. Eddak knew Ailred was a great man, which was why he was his best friend. Obviously the creator of Mon Calamari Shipyards was long gone, but the recent original owner of this era had made MCS into such a great name. And Ailred was just going to hand it over. He learned about Reshmar, after gaining Mon Calamari Shipyards. A very intelligent and admirable... admiral. Eddak only hoped no one would corrupt Ailred, or push him back to his old ways.

"Don't worry, Ailred. I understand. You've become someone I trust like no other, I believe you are doing the right thing and you aren't tarnishing my gift. But, you really got the Admiral to agree to let you continue building ships?" Eddak was still a little curious on that - the two practically didn't even know each other, the man was a strategic genius, right? He had to have some caution. Of course Eddak didn't think Ailred would do bad or harm to the MCS name, but you don't just trust someone because someone else - who you also don't know - trusts them.

Ailred nodded, thankful of Eddaks understanding. Eddak was also his best friend, and he couldn't help but be a little loyal to him. That's why he requested Eddak attend this hand-over, because Eddak gave him the Company. He didn't have to, he could have used all the technology that Mon Calamari Shipyards offered, but he didn't. Eddak is not a man of war, ignoring the fact he'd love to fight whenever possible, but he is a defensive man, a protector. He's not a bandit or scoundrel. He offered Ailred and his people a place to stay, a place to seek refuge, and Ailred couldn't help as well to feel a little hurt in just giving it away. But it was the right thing to do, and Eddak agreed.

"Yes, I should hope if any similar incidents happen, you can count on me to choose the favorable decision. Not the most profitable." Ailred finished up his contract as he adjusted the papers, hitting them gently on the desk as it was all finished. It wasn't a book of papers, but it was enough to say Ailred would still be able to produce ships from Mon Calamari Shipyards and use their hardware to create a Home Fleet for him and his people, and not for war. "When he first walked through my door, he was very kind and generous. I do not believe he is someone you wouldn't trust, his words were kind and solid. But, I suppose we'll have to see how that goes, yes?" Ailred stood up, along with Eddak, as they both walked out of his office. Eddak trailed behind as Ailred entered into a small conference room where Reshmar was waiting. "Reshmar, I have the contract for the hand-over, so you may fully take back the company, if you'd like to look over it." There were no gimmicks, no loopholes, or tricks. Ailred just wanted to continue building a Home Fleet for his people to live on, out of the way of the Major Factions and pirates so they could live in peace.

[member="Reshmar"]

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Reshmar had been waiting for sometime before the two men walked into the conference room. He did not mind waiting, it gave him time to think about the next few months and what needed to happen. The Directorate was under attack from a mysterious enemy and things had not gone their way recently against this new foe. The reacquisition of Mon Calamari Shipyards had been his plan all along but he has not planned on it being so soon. It was not a problem just unplanned. He admitted he was glad to get her back, he missed the steady income, something he sorely needed moving forward against these criminals not at war with Him and the Directorate. The two men entered the room and Reshmar reached out to shake their hands. "Very good MIster Vruumond. I appreciate all the hard work you and your people have done and what good care you have taken with MCS." Reshmar shook Ailreds hand and took the papers to look over. He released Ailreds hand and shook Eddaks hand. ''

"It is a pleasure to meet you both," said Reshmar as he sat the papers on the table and took a seat to sign and finalize the transaction.

[member="Ailred Vruumond"]

[member="Reshmar"]

Ailred smiled and shook Reshmars hand. From the research he had done, it felt like he was shaking the hand of a legend. He didn't know the predicament Reshmar was in, and he had no idea really of the Directorate. However, Reshmar was a respectable man, and agreeing to let him make a home for his people, Reshmar was a man that deserved trust and respect. Once AIlred had his people back, he would have no problem being in support of this... Directorate. "I have tried as much as I could to keep it the way you left it, I don't think the previous owner did anything to it but there wasn't much activity in the halls either. I hope walking back to your office is no different than the last time you did. I hope you've recovered from your time away."

[member="Reshmar"]

Eddak didn't study any Mon Calamari history, he had no idea who this Reshmar was. But, Ailred seemed to show him high praise, and Ailred was his best friend. He gave Reshmar the benefit of the doubt. Besides, he did make a great company greater, Eddak would admit he has had his eye on a couple of the technologies they have made in the past. He graciously shook Reshmars fishy hand and reached with his other hand to pat on top of the handshake before pulling away. "I must agree. The pleasure is all mine, I also secured the deal to obtain Mon Calamari Shipyards, I ultimately gave it over to AIlred so he could learn some leadership skills, I hoped he could be a better leader to his people. I make no accusations but Ailred seems to be unsure of himself all the time." He grinned, reaching over to pat Ailred on his back. "If Ailred respects you, I respect you, good sir."

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
"I am sure it will be. I hope all of your preparations went smoothly for the transition. I know how difficult it can be to get the right people in the right places for such an endeavor" said Reshmar. He signed the papers and handed a copy to Ailred. "I believe this finalized the transition. My people will be moving in at the end of the week to set up operations and take over production. I have left word with my foreman and Chief financial officer that you are to be given special considerations and access to tech and production to aid you with your new project" Reshmar handed Ailred a pad with a set of documents and licenses allowing him access to MCS tech and products without restrictions. "These will see to it you always have access to MCS when you need it. " said Reshmar as the man took the pad. The two men looked over the data while Reshmar opened a channel to his ship.

"Ray, I will be leaving after I check in at the yard and my old quarters. Plot a course back to Hast and have the ship ready when I arrive." Reshmar said to Raymond Mosses who's holo image was standing on the small transmitter. The man nodded and his hologram disappeared. Reshmar turned back to the men. "Does everything there seem in order?

[member="Ailred Vruumond"]

[member="Reshmar"]

"Yes," Ailred said very honestly and respectfully, "only this is what I ask, nothing more. The company is back in capable, safe hands. You deserve it more than I do, and I am sure my best friend, here, agrees with the result." Ailred nodded with a slight smile. To some, it may seem like he wasn't very happy, but the fact of the matter is, Ailred doesn't really smile at all. "Don't let me hold you up, Reshmar, I'm sure you have duties that you need to attend to." He reached over and softly patted Eddaks shoulder. A lot has been accomplished, and Ailred has Eddak to be thankful for. He looked back at Reshmar and gave him a slight bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom