Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return to the Stars

Caid Centurion

C
Former Estate of Lord Vorenus
Jungles, Dromund Kaas

Silver-green eyes did not so much as acknowledge the presence of the elderly man that managed the estate of the late Lord Vorenus. The two had previously met only once, during Caid's arrival to eradicate Vorenus' existence from the galaxy. In the months that had passed since the victory over Dromund Kaas, the estate had been repaired from the damage Caid had ensued. Similarly, a great deal of personal effects had been removed. Caid knew not whether they had simply been stored elsewhere or outright destroyed, and he did not care. For the time being, this entire residence only remained in existence as a matter of fleeting convenience.

Just prior to his departure from Thule to Dromund Kaas, Caid had sent word to someone. A someone that continued to draw closer to being someone that he considered with increasing frequency. However, he told himself this particular request was based more around the return of a favor than anything else. The request asked for [member="Athena Heron"] to meet him at the coordinates of Vorenus' estate on this particular day.

While he awaited the arrival of his frequent lover, Caid made his way to the balcony of one of the large fourth floor sitting rooms. Grasping the railing, he allowed his bright gaze to briefly sweep the thick jungle. The sounds of wildlife played constantly, and they were far enough from Kaas City that the sounds of the recent surge in Sith industry could not be heard. Having left his cloak aboard his Daisya-class Infiltrator idling in the courtyard, Caid was dressed simply in an athletic-fit gray shirt and black tactical pants.

[member="Caid Centurion"]

"Circle the perimeter. Use your infiltration skills if need be but wait for my order. For now, just get into position."

Her handmaidens were warriors and assassins. They could easily infiltrate any fortress. She'd gotten word from Caid. But she had no way of knowing if it was a trap. Perhaps Vorneus had murdered her lover and was slowly drawing in his allies to murder and trap them one by one. Athena Heron refused to be a fly in the web. Perhaps she was being a bit paranoid but better that than dead.

The door to her ship slid open, sending in a whoosh of air as the cabin pressurized. "I will be fine. Flying in from the East. If it is a trap, he'll expect a star fighter . Not a bird woman. You take care of ground resistance if need be."

Soft-booted feet crept to the edge, wings tightly around her body. She was clad in navy pants, a black halter top with a low back that hugged her curves. A thin layer of armorweave rested beneath her clothing, protecting her essential organs. The black and gray hilt of a curved lightsaber handle was clipped at her hip. For once, her long, dark hair was pinned back to stay out of her face.

Without further hesitations, she stepped from the ship and into the air above the jungle canopy on dromund kaas. Black-gray wings instantly spread, catching the first updraft and angled toward the Vorneus estate.

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

Caid's gaze remained fixed on the horizon. For several moments he was silent and motionless, contemplating the impending actions he was set on taking. It wasn't a return to Endelaan that genuinely concerned the Sith Lord. The implications his return with a guest would have however was another matter.

Exhaling softly, his mind shifted from the traditions of the planet to the reality of what he would have to do to accept his birthright. He posed no ill will to his second cousin, the current monarch of Endelaan. However, she was no longer the ideal choice for rule. Further more - she had lost her other half, the pivotal part of her power base.

Athena's approach while subtle did not escape the Sith Lord's awareness. Arching a curious brow, Caid turned his gaze to the sky. What are you doing? Caid's presence gently brushed against Athena's as he communicated silently to the Omwati hybrid.

Her form sailed just above the green canopy below. She could feel the multitude of creatures, many with carnivorous intent. Her favorite. She'd come in low. Then she'd...

Form faltered slightly as she felt the familiar brush of Caid within her mind fortress and heard him. Reaching out along the invisible bond, she followed the tether to his exactly location.

With one final near-silent push of her wings, her form would suddenly appear swooping upwards from below the balcony he currently stood on. Wings stretched and using a slight trick of the force, she hovered in the air just out of his grasp. Dark-orbs flecked golden searched behind him and above, before returning to her lover.

He looked okay.

"I was prepared for a trap but I see you have everything under control."

With one final flap, her feet touched down lightly on the top of the balcony railing.

"A pity though, I was looking forward to an exhilarating fight." She grinned wickedly.

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

Caid's own gaze settled on the blue form as it appeared before him. Whereas her gaze searched the area, Caid kept his focused on that which held one hundred percent of his interest, Athena's body. Athena's comment about looking forward to a fight elicited a brief snort of laughter. "No. The fight ended some time ago." Motioning to the grand estate around him, Caid continued, "Drink in the spoils. I'm going to burn it down shortly."

A subtle, almost unseen motion of his hand wrapped the Force around Athena's body and pulled her down towards him. Strong arms immediately encircled the Omwati's narrow waist, keeping her eyes level with his own as his lips hovered mere inches from her own. "If a physical contest is what you desire though..." The Sith Lord's voice trailed just long enough for him to lightly drag his lips across her cheek towards her ear. "It will have to wait."

Smirking, Caid lowered Athena's feet to the ground.

A shiver went through her as he held her close. He would feel the brush of feathers and wings along the backs of his arms as they encircled her tall form. Tongue-clucked against the roof of her mouth and her head shook as he set her down.

"Caid Centurion. Such a tease." Pink lips curled into a smirk. Dark ribbons of hair that had broken free from the bun during her flight tickled down her long, slender neck. "And burn it?"

The part-avian finally managed to tear her gaze away from Caid's mouth. "Whatever for? Unless you're going for something modern."

Blue palms came to rest along the pants that hugged her hips. Like Caid would care much for design. "Wouldn't that be a waste?" Dark orbs narrowed. "What exactly are you up to?"

He may be a Sith Lord but she'd never call him Lord Centurion. It was too much like his father. And her old teacher. Both almost just as sexy, though Caid was certainly vaulting into the lead due to recent....exposure.

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

Caid merely smirked at Athena's rather subtle protest. "Only when necessary." In this particular circumstance, it was necessary. The pair of Sith had routinely proven that even the hint of priority given to sexual interaction resulted in the complete derailing of all other objectives. As it stood, there was something that Caid fully intend to set in motion before that could happen. Besides, they would have nearly an entire week aboard a spacecraft to fully explore the aspects of their...mutual attraction.

"Yes. Burn it." Silver-green eyes gazed at Athena with an intensity that could only be considered gravely serious. "The eradication of his weakness is not complete until his very memory is seared from the surface of this planet."

As to Athena's last question, Caid maintained a neutral expression, steeling himself for her reaction to his next comment. The Sith Lord was quite certain that Athena would do her level best to control her reaction for his benefit. "Cameron is dead. I have felt it." Caid did not allow a long silence to linger after his statement. "I know not of the circumstances just yet, but there is something of greater concern on my ancestor's homeworld of Endelaan."

"The people will remember," she chided back in a sing-song voice. She still thought it was a waste. Why burn the spoils instead of take them? She could see he wanted to send a message to those who would remember Vorneus. Stand against me and you'll be burned to the ground.

"At least let me look through the jewelry and clothes first," she grinned and it was hard to tell whether or not she was serious. Probably not. If she was being serious, she'd probably ask if there was a worthy library, instead. Reaching out silently to her handmaidens, she spoke in her Captain's mind: Stand down and return to the ship.

Gaze snapped up in surprise at Caid's next admission. Dark-feathered brows lofted and pink-lips parted. "How....," voice trailed off. She wasn't sure how she felt about the news or how she felt for Caid's sake. The main emotions was...shock and surprise. Cameron she expected to live a long, long time. He'd been very powerful. But she'd lost touch with him long ago. The last time she'd seen him was when she'd been with Caid and lobbied for his welfare while he'd been unconscious.

"That is surprising," she finally managed, features smoothing out into a nice mask. "Endelaan?" Intrigue now flickered across her smooth, blue skin. "So what, darling, did you just want me to sack and burn this place while you're gone?"

Had he called her to give her the news for Cameron and house sit?

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

Bright gaze remained settled on Athena's comparatively dark gaze. The newly minted Sith Lord's expression was flat, serious, and largely unreadable. However, there was a better than average chance that Athena could probably read his emotions without much effort. Whether or not she would permit herself to make use of such a budding bond, however, was anybody's guess. "Yes, Endelaan."

Tilting his head to the side slightly, Caid asked a counter-question. "Do you want to stay and tend to this soon-to-be pile of rubble while I go?"

Slow, steady steps began closing the short distance between them. Was he mocking her? Did he think she'd been tied to Cameron? That would be a silly thought. Especially since he'd be questioning her trust. Again.

"I think."

Another step.

"You know."

Another step. Fingers curled around the fabric of his athletic shirt and she tugged herself closer so her body pressed against his own. Pink lips hovered just shy of his.

"Exactly what I want. Will you give me an invitation or will I have to invite myself? Hm?"

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

Caid's response was swift and equally as flat as his previous question. "Oh. Do you require an invitation into my bed?" Turning to the side slightly, Caid motioned through the open french doors. "I suppose I can make use of the place before I burn it?"

It took...maybe five seconds before a smile slowly crept on to the Sith Lord's features. "Athena. Why do you think I even asked you to meet me here? To tell you Cameron died in person? To have a bonfire over the smoldering ashes of my conquest?" Caid's right arm still encircled Athena's waist, and it took little effort to rotate her lithe body around such that it molded against his own once more. "I asked you here to accompany me. To be a part of what is to come."

The Sith Lord's smile broadened ever so slightly. "Just don't let it get to your head." Rather than offer any further words of explanation, Caid pressed his lips firmly to Athena's.

Caid had that way of warming her through her very bones and down to the tips of her wings. When he kissed her like that, she found herself very much lost in him - something stronger than a drug. It was invigorating and alarming at the same time. The omwati hybrid was becoming attuned and more aligned with this particular sith lord, who'd given her starfighter lessons so long ago.

Lips finally broke and she leaned into him, her breath cascading down his neck and against his cheek.

"Sometimes," whew, there was her voice between heavy breaths, "I must prepare myself and voice answers I don't want to hear to better adapt to disappointment when my desire aren't met."

It was a trust thing. At the citadel, she's forgiven Caid for leaving. But trust took time. She'd expected their interests were nothing more than quick, fulfillment of carnal desires. Even if she may have wanted more. He was slowly proving her wrong about her first assumptions. Lips pressed gently down on his cheek as she followed just above his stubble line.

"And no promises," she smiled against him. "But I do need to pack if you are expecting to leave at a reasonable time."

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

The heat of their steadily-increasing-in-frequency embraces did not affect only Athena in a manner that could only be described as invigorating. In the past, Caid had struggled against any hints of the present reality for one simple reason. Cameron Centurion. Perhaps a year ago, he would still be wondering if Athena wasn't just another part of Cameron's plan. Fortunately for both Sith, Caid had moved past that fear and concept well before returning to known space. His father's death was merely an added side benefit - though still a matter that he fully intended to investigate further.

Here in this present moment, on the balcony of a sweeping estate destined for demolition, Caid was prepared to initiate the path that would lead to the creation of his legacy. Caid did not, however, have to take that first step at precisely this moment.

As Athena spoke, Caid's smile had dissipated slightly to something more akin to a thin smile. "Fortunately..." Caid turned his head just enough such that his lips brushed lightly against her own as he continued to speak. "...I'm not asking for your promises. Just you."

He smile remained on her lips. Her fingers gripped the fabric of his shirt tightly, ready to shred it off. With a large measure of self-control, her grip began to relax and uncurl even as her lips pressed against his own one last time. "Is that all?"

She withdrew, slowly even as her blue fingers lingered on his chest.

"I need to pack. Meet you back here. Give me an hour?" Just as quickly, she retreated from his grip knowing that if he moved to kiss her again, she'd lose self-control and they'd end up a few steps back in the very bedroom he intended to burn. With a nimble step up, she was back on the balcony ledge.

"Oh. And what's the climate like there?"

Girl had to pack the right things.

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

Caid reluctantly released his hold of Athena's body. Watching as she retreated, a soft smirk settled on his lips. "One hour," he stated in agreement. Once she stepped back up onto the ledge, Caid prepared to return to retreat inside. However, she asked a question. "It's warm, typically dry. Especially the area we'll be predominantly visiting."

Once Athena departed, Caid would return to the courtyard to dispatch simple instructions to the Massassi he had left behind. "Destroy this place. Kill all the servants and return to the local garrison when you are done. I will send instructions when it is time."

"Yes, Master."

Caid would wait in the courtyard for Athena to return. It would be easy enough to find him.

Didn't take her long to return to her ship and loop her handmaidens in. For once, she declined their offer to come-with for a few reasons. The main one? She was selfish and wanted Caid alone - even if it meant he had his own people joining them. Shorts and lightweight clothes and boots went in along with one or two of her favorite mentalism scrolls. A few weapons were also tossed in.

She began feeling pinpricks of death through the darkside, feeling the servant's screams as they were murdered.

A slow, wicked smile curled briefly on her lips. The perfect way to start a little trip. In no time, her ship touched down just outside of the courtyard. Shouldering her bag, long-legged strides carried her through the archway entrance and to where she sensed Caid waiting. Dark-orbs looked over the ship as it came into view.

Looked like it would get them their in one piece.

With an easy tug, her voice whispered into her lover's mind.

Are you ready darling?

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

The hood of Caid's cloak pooled around his shoulders, having been pulled back from his head prior to Athena's initial arrival. When she returned, the Sith Lord slowly turned his gaze from the inferno that was rapidly engulfing the estate to regard the Omwati hybrid with a thin smile. "Yes." Behind him, Caid could hear the continued protests and pleas for mercy from the few remaining servants. They were wasting their breaths. The hulking Massassi knew not of compassion or clemency. They knew only obedience and death.

Motioning towards the extended loading ramp of the Daisya-class Infiltrator, Caid guided Athena towards the vessel. Once they were aboard, the loading ramp immediately began closing - the flight crew having monitored their entrance via the onboard camera system. Quietly, Caid guided Athena through the corridors of the vessel up to his comfortable personal cabin near the flight deck. "Feel free to get situated and then you can meet me on the flight deck." Forcing himself to turn away from her - lest they end up sequestered for nearly an hour, Caid departed the room and walked the short distance to the flight deck. Taking a seat in the command chair behind the two pilots, Caid spoke a simple command. "Go."

As the vessel took to the sky, Caid manually entered in the several coordinates required to complete the hyperspace transit to Endelaan. Due to the planet's remote location, there was not much in the way of a very direct route. This specific path was one that had, actually, been charted by his father some time ago. It was scouted every so often just to unsure a massive shift had not occurred beyond the point where they officially departed 'known space'.

Unlike most of his operations, Athena would note that the flight crew, the relief flight crew, mechanics, and stewards were not members of the Resurgent Empire. Similarly, they did not wear any identifying uniforms. However, they all had relatively dark skin and a certain air about them that hinted at a tradition long in the making. Leaning back in his seat, Caid activated the vessel stealth systems as it ascended to orbit.

Didn't take her long to put her things away: clothes and robe in the closet, other items in the refresher, scrolls set carefully on the small desk fused to one of the ship's walls, and rune-embedded knife beneath a pillow. She knew Caid but she didn't know his crew. Or if they happened to be pirated mid-flight. The female sith took being prepared very seriously.

While the half-omwati loved being in the air, she didn't love being aboard a ship in the air. Not enough room to properly stretch the wings.

Door swooshed open as she left the personal quarters that she would share with Caid for the duration of their trip. Soft-booted footsteps quickly found their way to the flight deck. Keen-gaze tracked to the jump coordinates flowing across the nav-computer. "How long does the journey take?" She spoke quietly, feeling suddenly like an outsider. Which, she was.

"And any customs I need to be aware of before our arrival?"

Of course, she'd try her hardest not to murder anyone. For Caid.

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Athena Heron"]

Caid had propped up his right foot on the edge of a console by his leg, allowing his arm to drape lazily over his knee. When Athena entered the flight deck, he turned his head to regard her with a soft smile. "Several days, I'm afraid." The Daisya was actually quite a large vessel for its purpose and the size of crew onboard. On the mid-level there were crew quarters, an extra stateroom, armory, communications center, and a lounge. The lower level was mostly for storage, but Caid had converted a large chunk of the space into a training room. Athena wouldn't really be able to fly around, but it was much better than the tiny VCX-100 they had previously spent time on together.

"As for customs..." Caid allowed a mischievous expression to slip across his features. "Not particularly, no. The people of Endelaan are very dedicated to their ways. It is a society where power is respected above all else and most people are not truly acknowledged as people until they've begun to prove themselves. Their history is...rich. You'll be treated with equal amounts of fascination because of your appearance and cautious respect because you're with me. If you weren't..." Caid allowed his voice to trail purposefully as he redirected his attention to the system readouts in front of him. They'd reached orbit. "Captain, she's all yours."

"Very well, Your Highness."

Standing from his seat, Caid inclined his head, indicating for Athena to follow. As he recalled, this was her first time aboard the Nightstalker - a definitively new vessel for him. "I'll show you around and explain a bit more about Endelaan."

"If I weren't with you I'd quickly make anyone with doubts about giving me respect quickly change their minds," a wicked little grin curled around her lips. Displays of fear and death tended to do that to people. Hawklike gaze observed the ship's tour. There was a small mess hall. And she was pleased to see a few nooks that she could turn into stations for studying.

"So clans ruled by a traditional monarchy which includes the union between a sorceress and a warrior. Also, a fairly isolated people." Sounded like something from a child's fantasy holo film. Dark-orbs looked around the training room and her wings stretched and spread behind her tall and narrow frame. She seemed to relax a bit, since stepping aboard the vessel.

"Caid. Did you actually grow up there?" She couldn't remember if they'd discussed this yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom