Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return to the Galaxy

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A slow sneer rolled over Ashin's face.

"You're mistaken," she said to the new arrival, a man whose power easily matched hers. "My function on this world, and throughout this Empire, is to hold men like Sanctis here accountable to the Emperor's law. My duty doesn't answer to you.

"Fortunately for our irreverent friend, however, I'm here on a somewhat different errand: To evaluate the terms of his inclusion into the Sith Empire. Get your precious toys, Sanctis. The Empire has no concern for them." She touched a button recessed in the collar of her armor. "Evaluation complete. Unsuitable for leadership role. No regard for the political realities of Empire or the Emperor's law. Recommend individual field deployment. Before full integration, recommend personal interview with His Majesty. Report concludes."

She touched the button again and shrugged. "There are two kinds of anger, Sanctis. The kind that acts, and the kind that is acted upon. You deceive yourself if you mistake your fireworks for the former. From my creation of a throne to my refusal to oppose you, I've manipulated you at every turn, playing on your well-documented need to be utterly in control, utterly dominant. And you have danced to my tune. That is what it means to be a true Sith."

She gave Apparatus a long, even look. "My work here is done. If you feel the need to test me yourself, do so. You, I would respect enough to fight."

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
"Yes, good for you. The mighty... mild inconvenience. You act as though you have seen my anger. This is not anger, this is disgust. The weak have inherited this planet. Though this new arrival gives me hope." He nodded to Apparatus. Stepping past the irritation, he continued on his way to the Citadel. He scoffed at her. "Manipulated indeed. You did nothing to defend your stance, nor your precious citizens. If I had wanted to kill them, they would be dead."

A purge was necessary. That much was clear. He would have to find the means to set this up. He sighed, people in this era were so ignorant of the base truths, it seemed.

As the two Sith Lord's and Ashin squared off against one another and Reyven was about to leave a black tendril of shadow popped up from the streets of Dromund Kaas. The massive black appendage seemed it whip and flail around for a few seconds like a massive inflatable arm flailing tube man. It continued to do so for a few seconds until it curled in upon itself. The tendril curled tighter and tighter into what seemed to be a spring, then when it compressed enough it turned into one solid form. The Silhouette of a man appeared and then seconds later the blackness from the silhouette began to see into color.

Just a second later Moridin stood before the other three people. As soon as he was recognized the civilians and soldiers around them went to their knee's kneeling before the Emperor and whispering of his presence. Moridin looked at them all for just a few seconds, his gaze falling over his citizens. Only one of them was apparently hurt by Samoth's stunt...though a punch to the face would hardly kill him.

“Enough.” Moridin called out to the Sith Lords and Ashin as he began to walk over them. The Emperor held a certain gate to his walk, his presence far more commanding than ever before. He walked up to Samoth, standing directly before him and then raised his palm and waved over Apparatus as well. “Samoth. Apparatus. Lets have a chat.”

“Ashin, Go back to your other duties I will handle these two.” The Emperor's voice was entirely calm and still. Both Samoth and Apparatus were very powerful beings, yes he could probably kill them but why throw a tool into the incinerator when there was nothing wrong with them.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
(Damn it, Moridin, stop posting OOC crap and making me think I have things to respond to! I swear I'm getting a newspaper for next time to hit you with.)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin inclined her head in a nod -- the suggestion of a bow, but still respectful -- and sauntered away. Her work here was done, barring any spectacular bits of treason.

When Ashin replied to Darth Apparatus, he sharply turned his head toward her. The words Sanctis then said seemed to not please the Darth as well, as his gaze fixed itself on him just after he spoke. However, there was no verbal response as Darth Moridin materialized from the shadows. The Darth observed the citizens nearby bend the knee in an instant and noted the manner in which he spoke to Ashin.

No expression from Darth Apparatus beyond the aura of hate through the Force could be perceived, though. He stood where he had appeared just a second ago and glared at Darth Moridin.

"T́hen sp̡e͟ak̨, Ę̸̛͡m̵̷̀͟͜p̡e̡̡̢̛͢r͡҉o͜͜҉҉r̵̨̛͟," he growled.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
He stopped and turned, sighing. "If you wanted words, you should have come to me instead of insulting me by sending your pet Jedi to speak of my 'crimes against the soldiers'." His arms folded across his chest as he waited to see what this 'emperor' had to say. "I suppose now that she's gone, though, real discussion can occur." He was not at all impressed with this strange form of 'teleportation'. He'd seen it before, in different incarnations. It was a vile technique to him, one he refused to learn. Warping reality simply to move was a waste of energy. All the hate coming off the second member of the group to show up did was boost his own reserves, really.

Moridin looked at both of the Sith Lords for a few seconds, he tried to gain their mindsets. Apparatus had already gauged him to be Emperor, he would have been surprised if Reyven hadn't. Both of the Sith were smart, and both of them were entirely too powerful to ignore. Moridin had to lock them down and bring them to his side. Either of them might try to kill him later, but that would come when it came.

“As both of you have already guessed, I am Emperor.” He said it matter of factually and assertively. “I claimed the title for myself. My authority is absolute within this Empire, my laws have steadied it and made it grow. Somewhat small though it may be compared to the one we held in our age this Empire is flourishing.”

The Emperor spoke while shifting his gaze from one to the other, gradually working his way towards his point. “I will not have either coming here and disrupting this.”

“I offer you a bargain, a way to satiate your thirst for power.” The Emperor kept speaking, his words sounded not as though he were making a deal, but as if he was offering the two other Sith a way out. “The Empire is being split into Twelve sectors, each one held and ruled over by a Master. I offer you one of these sectors, one of your choosing.”

It was a way to keep their face. Both of them would gain some measure of power, and if they were clever they would use that power to try and take Moridin's own already consolidated seat later. If they weren't idiots they would take it. Both of them could probably kill Moridin together, but neither had the power to seize The Emperor's throne on their own. It also didn't help that Moridin had more than a few Sith Masters on his side.

Darth Moridin was met with momentary silence after his offer. There seemed to be no fluctuation in the constant aura of hate emanating from Darth Apparatus. There was no movement, not a single twitch.

Breaking the silence and being the first to answer, Darth Apparatus said, "Ou͢r̨ in̸te͞ra͜c͠ti͡òn̶s̴ h҉ave͠ ̴b̛e̢en̕ ́t̛oo ̵s̶h̵o̴r͝t.̴ ̛Do ͝y͢o̶u ̨realize̵ w̢ha͠t I ̷t̴ru͝lỳ ̨desire?̨"

There was little hint, at least from this immediate moment, of what the Darth could possibly mean from that statement. He had not confided his own goals to Moridin, not in any of the encounters they have had. Not even Darth Sanctis could know the answer except through conjecture.

Without another word, Darth Apparatus turned his head toward Sanctis to hear his answer to Moridin's proposition.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
"Indeed. It would seem as though you, like your pet Jedi, assume my intent without knowing it." He sighed and shook his head. "Still, my aim, as ever, is the death of the Jedi order before any kind of 'civil war'. These rules, though, to 'protect' soldiers? It makes them weaker. I can agree with 'no massacres'. But I think you need to understand the difference between 'massacre' and 'testing'. The death of five soldiers versus not knowing that your troops are entirely unprepared? Where is the most life lost in that equation?"

His personal goals could be suited within this setting, though. He would have to work to strengthen them from within. Turn them into something worth dealing with. "I accept your offer. But you know, and I'm sure that you do, that any sign of weakness will not be tolerated. Even in policy."

(On my phone guys so Short and sweet)
Moridin didn't answer the Sith Lord, he simply nodded to Reyven in response. At least the man was eager to Kill Jedi. Moridin felt that same urge and after the Mandalorians were dispatched the Republic was next on the list. The Emperor hoped to do away with the Jedi within this galaxy as fast as possible, if this new era did not know their touch, the Sith would dominate.

“The Jedi will fall. I promise you that.” The Emperor said to Samoth Finally, and then turned to Apparatus. “What is it you desire Apparatus? Power? Death? Hate? Banthacorns(like unicorns but Bantha's)”

"I ̢do ͝no͟t͝ ̶de̕siŕe̶ ̧w̡h͠a̛t y͟ou̧ of͜f̧ęre̢d ̵no͏r ̀w̛h̸a̶t̵ y̶où c̢ould̛," quickly answer the Darth, obviously avoiding the question.

Darth Apparatus then released his grip on the railing before him. His arm then hanged to his side and receded behind his black cloak.

"I ҉s͢hall͝ ́be͝ near̕by͟ ̸f͠o̷r̕ s̛ǫm̨e t̀im̷e,̸ ҉t͞h͜ou̸gh҉,͢" continued the Darth, "You̵ kno͝w ̸how ͘t̢o ̵f́in̸d̀ ҉me͟."

The method in reaching the Darth had never been explicitly explained to Darth Moridin. Plus, he talked as if he was about to leave, despite just appearing a second ago.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
"I have no doubt that it will fall. The question is by whose hand." He shrugged and turned, looking into the city. He didn't care what the other Sith decided to do. Speaking in vague assertions was no way to conduct business. "I have one other question. Have you gone digging under the Citadel? I'm wondering how much damage may have been done in my absence."

Moridin raised an eyebrow first at Apparatus and then at Samoth. Both of them were quite odd, though Reyvens question was far more direct. The Emperor decided to answer him first, and then get to Apparatus later. “Nothing beneath the Citadel has been touched. Get what you seek.”

“I shall see you when you are needed then Apparatus.” Moridin said to the man and then turned about, he believed everything had been taken care of here.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
He was glad to hear that. As he went, this time unhindered, into the city, until he reached the vast chasm before the Citadel. Reaching out with the Force he severed a platform of rock and stepped onto it, lowering himself down into the chasm towards the entrance he'd made long ago. Ripping away debris that had crumbled into the entrance he stepped into the massive cave that housed his old temple. A massive crystal structure of ebony rock. It had deteriorated without his presence, much as he had suspected. His priests were only so loyal as he was there to enforce the idea of loyalty. He wasn't surprised at all.

As he walked along the massive, nearly empty cavern, he could still feel the Darkside emanating from the rock that he'd imbued with it. It was refreshing, familiar. He wasn't one for nostalgia. Death was a cleansing of such things. Still, he was glad to see some of his work endure. He entered the massive pyramid that was the temple at the middle, finding the inside a mess. Pews overturned, several skeletons. A miasma of darkness clouding the floor in patches, seeming to be a fog. There had been much chaos here.

Of course, the artifact he was here for. He was used to it, immune to its effects, but the others. They were probably driven to madness. He made his way into the center of the temple, kneeling on the circle behind the altar. The spirits were ripe in the air here. He had brought a good many here, and many more were a result of the madness that ensued. Brimming with power. He sat in silent meditation, opening himself up to them. They were hungry, but he would break them.

He felt two spirits manifest near him, and he could feel their hate. They wanted his form, could sense his own recent return from the chaos that threatened to consume them. Lightning flew from both and tore into his body, wracking him with pain. Still, he kept himself sat, bearing the pain, bolstering his strength with it. The one on the right, he would take him first. Slowly his eyes opened, crimson mixed with violet glow as he tapped into an ability he had not used since Famine had dwelt within him. The Darkside lashed out at the spirit, drawing the unwilling Sith ghost into Reyven's form, the two powers merging under Darth Sanctis' control. His entire form cloaked in a violet aura, he stood, absorbing the lightning from the remaining spirit, channeling it into another strike. The second spirit was overwhelmed by the merged force, and consumed even more quickly.

Darth Sanctis fell to his knees, clutching his sides. His body burned with the power. He had forgotten how much of a shield Famine was against this raw power. The pain was intense. He could hear the new voices, roaring in hate. It was the last thing he heard as he blacked out, watching the remaining dead float about him.

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
Some time later, he wasn't quite sure how long it had been, he awoke, the pain subsiding as he stood and shook it off. However, the new images in his mind did confirm his theory that the artifact had indeed caused his followers to go insane, turn on one another. He shouldn't have been surprised, but still, he would need to take it with him. He did not need these Sith knowing of its abilities so long as he was uncertain of theirs.

He made his way into his private chambers in the back, finding the artifact still sealed inside a pillar of crystal where he left it. With a grunt of exertion, he shattered the segment of the pillar containing the Phobis device away from the main body of the temple. He turned to leave, the makeshift container floating in the air behind him as he went. He made a mental note to return here and try and restore the temple to its prior glory.

Once outside, he triggered a tracking device that brought his shuttle from its landing point to the chasm, flying low and lowering its loading ramp to give him access. He stowed the device in the cargo hold and made his way to the cockpit. "Time to see how well my last investment held up." He sighed, punching in the coordinates that his true ship should have been at, the Fury lurching skyward. Leaning back in the captain's seat, he stared out as the stars began to blur, his shuttle beginning to make the long trip to the edge of the galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom