Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Return to the Fifth Form

Equipment: Black dance leotard, Concealed Sling Bag inside her robes to the side, Concealed in left ear, Double Bladed Lightsaber, Blip
Tags: Juno Sabat Juno Sabat

Blip was keeping the rhythm smooth and flowing, minding the system playing a classical tune as she moved in her pointe shoes.

Centre practice had never been her strong suit when she had been in class. Even into her later years she still struggled without the barre for warm ups.

A small chirp from Blip had her correcting the angle of her leg, attempting an arabesque. Her breathing steady still as she let her leg come down with a soft blurb from her droid.

"It's fine. I just suck." She sighed, ambling over to her stuff to the side of the hall.

She leaned down, grabbing out a water bottle and taking a few sips. She'd invited Jonu out to figure out the things she had mentioned at the crystal cave. In her own mind, it had seemed like Juno was annoyed with her.

Rather than let it linger, she wanted to address it.

When Juno got the message from Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl asking her to join ballet practice Juno agreed thinking it was training method she hadn't heard of. When she figured out it was a dance she had a minor panic attack. Upon some research she found it wasn't the sort of dance she was used to, which gave her mixed feelings. It was better than she thought but was she supposed to wear tule? All the dancers she looked up had tule and tied their hair in this bun thing to keep it out of the way. Would her lekku get in the way?

Juno couldn't find tule in time, though she admittedly didn't look very hard. She sported an appropriate leotard and leggings, but kept them hidden under baggy sweatpants and a hoodie. She arrived in the training hall to find Lossa had beaten her there. She didn't think she was late, maybe she'd just come to set up.

"I should tell you I've never done something like this before." Juno said to Lossa as she got in the room. She quick closed the door behind her so no one could see them, then went to a corner to get rid of the sweatpants and hoodie.

"You're going to have to show me what we're doing." Juno said. She was relieved it was only the two of them. Lossa would notice Juno was anxious, but less so than when she walked in. Maybe through the force, or Zeltron emotion powers, but she probably didn't need them.

Equipment: Black dance leotard, Concealed Sling Bag inside her robes to the side, Concealed in left ear, Double Bladed Lightsaber, Blip

The door opening and closing drew her attention as Blip turned to give a cheerful whir of greeting. A smile appeared before she glanced at the hoodie and sweatpants. Forgetting that not everyone was comfortable in form fitting things, she let out a small snort of a laugh.

"Ballet isn't something most people do. So I understand. Nothing big today so don't worry. Just fun." Informing the other as she set the bottle down and stood up.

"Not a problem. I like learning and teaching." Came the warm smile, reassurance floating in the air between them at the anxiety the other felt. "The first thing is dynamic warm ups. A lot of people do static warm up and it can actually hurt your muscles to do them. End up with muscle cramps or even flexibility issues."

She beckoned Juno over toward her, closer to the wall as she set her hands on her hips and waited to show her what she meant.

"The first one we are doing is hip circles, and you can put your hand against the wall to keep yourself balanced. This isn't a competition so don't feel like you need to match me." She explained before standing on her left leg and raising the other. Bending her knee, she began the circle close to her body before extending her knee outward clockwise, almost parallel to her body in a sweeping arc.

Juno heard Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl mention it wasn't a competition, and she understood that, but she also had a guilty conscience. Something that said 'I can't be too bad and mess up Lossa's dance practice'. The Twi'lek stood on her left leg, raised the other and mimicked Lossa's motion. She was quite a bit slower, and lost her balance once, but quickly recovered with a quick application of telekinesis. Juno was decently athletic, but was getting good at 'cheating' with an application of the Force here and there.

"So how long have you been doing Ballet Lossa? Is it something you learned at the Praxeum or brought to it?" Juno asked. It honestly didn't match her perception of Zeltron dancing, but getting over stereotypes was a topic she preferred to put off as long as possible.

She looked towards Juno when the other spoke, offering a smile as she visibly pondered.

"Brought it with me. Started when I was able to, but other than the pretty motions and discipline, I'm not very good truth be told. At least not compared to my former classmates." She switched legs, watching the other go through the motions with her and noting the use of the force.

Albeit she said nothing of its use.

"I love it though. Even if I'm bad at it." She shrugged, looking to Juno with a smile.

"What do you like doing? Like dancing or drawing I mean."

Juno kept attentive as Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl described her bringing ballet to the Jedi Praxeum. Even though, according to her, she wasn't the best at it. As Lossa switched legs Juno would copy, albeit at a slower pace than she had gone before. Juno was better able to keep her balance this time.

"Like, for fun?" Juno asked. The word was new to her vocabulary, only a couple years old. It took her a while to find something she enjoyed enough to forget everything else going on.

"I like to watch detective holos and some smashball when it's in season." Juno replied. "I guess my favorite team is the Denon Rogues, but I mostly like the game. But mostly I like to knit."

There. She said it out loud. Juno hadn't told anyone before, except her master when she tried to make him socks and they were two sizes too large.

"It's lame, I know."

She listened as she stretched, nodding and glancing to Juno. She wasn't terribly interested in sports, but that was a different matter altogether for her. A bit like a fish out of water, she went ahead and asked rather than wonder

"Smashball? Dont think I've seen that played." She spoke honestly, stretching a little longer on her leg before moving to sit down.

The admission of a personal hobby had Lossa smiling before Juno seemed to think otherwise on the matter.

"I don't think it's lame that you like knitting. Everyone has their favorite pastimes. Nothing to feel silly about." She assured the other.

"Some people meditate, some cook. Others think working out or even watching old battles is fun. If it makes you happy, it isn't that lame." She offered examples of other things before gesturing towards herself.

"My favorite is dancing. Seems kind of silly with all the training we do here."

Once the stretching was done Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl took a seat, reassuring Juno about her hobby and later downplaying her own. It seemed both the women were hard on themselves.

"Is it?" Juno asked as she took a seat next to her. "I mean, there are lots of pilots who like to race swoops as a hobby. Hyperdrive engineers who build droid's in their spare time. Nothing wrong with that." Juno tried to reassure the Zeltron.

Juno went over and extended a hand to Lossa, to help her up at her convenience.

"So what do we do next?"

There was a considering look on her face as Juno spoke, as though she didn't realize that the other had turned the words around on her. Until the proverbial lightbulb finally flickered to life. Pink eyes narrowed to the twi'lek.

"That's true." Hesitant words as she took the offered hand. Feeling as if she had called herself out by giving the other the confident words against the downplaying of their hobbies.

The question of what was next brought a smirk to cover up the suspicious squint she'd had over Juno.

"How flexible are you?" She asked bluntly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom