Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Return to New Cov

Valery nodded, "The third stage of the Dark Side. A long time ago, several hundred years before I was born, Jedi Master Tolaris Shim wrote a thesis that outlined what she believed to be the steps one goes through when falling to the Dark Side. This thesis was accepted by the Jedi Order, and used to identify the signs of Jedi potentially falling." she explained.

"Stage III of this thesis is called submission, which is the point at which one has accepted the Dark Side's embrace."

"The prior stages, Temptation and Imperilment are points where one hasn't been corrupted yet. Especially Temptation is a stage we all experience. With submission being the case, some still find their way back to the Light themselves, as they realize that they have chosen the wrong path. This is a part of the 4th stage that we call Atonement. But to some, the Dark Side isn't something easily left behind and only redemption is possible, which is the other side to the 4th stage."

Valery then let out a soft sigh.

"However, in many cases, even redemption isn't possible. At this point, the individual can not be saved from the Dark Side's grasp. They are believed to only be a twisted perversion of their former selves, and only returning them to the Force can offer them salvation."

"There is an incredible amount of philosophy that goes into all this - I only summarised a few points. But it may give you some perspective."

Valery then stopped moving again, as they now reached the top of a hill they had been gradually climbing up as they walked. Through the trees, they could see a larger hill not too far out, and remnants of an old structure of stone could be seen still, surrounded by vines, trees, and other plants. Looking at it, she went quiet for a moment, and even without the Force, a shift in her emotions was noticeable.

"We're close."

hZFxlpS.png

Kahlil listened in complete silence. Truthfully, he didn't know what to say. The idea of making people return to the force was.. Well. It was killing them. Killing people should never be an option, at least, not based on a scale like that. To think of someone as too far gone without giving them a chance.. It just wasn't in his nature.

But it was a topic he needed to hear and understand. While he held onto the belief that no one was ever too far gone, did that mean letting people continue to hurt others until they could be redeemed? The chance in Valery Noble Valery Noble caught his attention and immediately pulled him out of his thoughts. They were close. To what she had lost.

Unsure of what exactly to do he just reached up and gently squeezed her shoulder. Silent reassurance that she wasn't going to have to face this alone. "When you're ready."

Arrival
As Valery stared at the structure in the distance, she could feel his hand resting on her shoulder. The gentle squeeze pulled her out of her thoughts and made her smile softly. She turned her head to look at him and nodded - she was ready to approach the large Temple she had grown up in.

For minutes, they walked closer and as they did, more of the structure became visible to them. From the large main temple to the bridge with a waterfall beside it, to the grounds behind it. The whole Temple looked like a peaceful place, long abandoned and left to the planet's vegetation.

d92zyqy-9408b942-e7ae-40a4-b287-aaa0ecf44da7.jpg

(Image source: Swtor)​

Kahlil and Valery would soon reach the entrance of the large Temple, which was largely covered up with vines and other plants. However, they could both sense that this place was strongly attuned to the Light. Not a Nexus, but certainly a location that once was home to many Jedi.

For a moment, Valery stared at the entrance but she now snapped out of it quickly and looked at Kahlil.
"If we go through the Temple and move across the bridge, we'll find the archives in a separate building on the right. I hope we can find something useful there, but we may find something inside the main Temple as well." Valery said.

She then began to move towards the entrance but both Kahlil and Valery could sense living beings inside. Not people, but animals and on New Cov, that meant trouble. She narrowed her eyes and sighed as she looked at him.

"I hope you're good with animals." she said with a slight smirk. "And uh, thank you for coming with me."

New_Yavin_HQ.jpg

(Temple entrance)

| Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble |​

hZFxlpS.png

Kahlil was silent for his own reasons. He'd never actually seen a temple abandoned by the Jedi before. At least, one forgotten. And it was still standing. Still strong in the light. It made him smile that the Light hadn't abandoned this place, even if it was forgotten by the Jedi. He was pulled out of his thoughts as Valery Noble Valery Noble spoke up. His attention shifted to her, watching in silence.

She seemed okay. But they were still outside. Inside is where the memories of what was lost would be.

"I'm decent with animals. And, of course. No one should be alone for this."

Valery smiled at his words and walked towards the entrance of the Temple, which was partially covered up but it wasn't too difficult to get inside. The two stepped directly into the main temple hall, which had a massive statue in the center and several staircases that led into rooms at its sides, as well as one that went up to the second floor. Not much remained of the large potted plants, furniture, and other objects that once decorated the hall.

All that remained was a faint, Light presence in the Force.

"Could you give me a moment? I'd like to go into one room alone here." she said, her eyes turning to Kahlil. "I used to meditate there, and it's where I met my former Master. Afterward, I'll take you to the archives and we might be able to learn something."

Valery then went into the first room to their left, from which they could hear the sound of rushing water. Even from outside, they could have noticed that the waterfall partly made it into the structure itself - something the Jedi did to have a constant supply of water.

But while Valery went into the room the Jedi of her Enclave called the Springs, Kahlil would be able to sense other presences within the Temple. On the second floor of the Temple, he could hear the animals slowly approaching. They reached the balcony from where they could stare down at him. The three
Mantessan Panthacs looked at him, and even without knowing anything about these beasts.. it was obvious that they were dangerous.

They had their eyes set on Kahlil and were coming for him.

hZFxlpS.png

"Of course. I'll be right over here." Sometimes they needed their time alone. Kahlil understood that pretty well. "Shout if you run into any trouble, yeah? I'll be right there with you." He wasn't sure just what creatures could be here, but this hadn't been walked by sentient life for a long enough time for her to assume it was all wild. Hell, once she stepped away he practically took up a more guard like stance.

He wasn't going to let her be interrupted.

And sure enough, he'd have to be. He paused as the sound of three landing on the floor behind him caught his ears. He glanced over his shoulder, offering the trio a nervous smile. "Ah. The predators I've heard so much about. Don't suppose you follow orders? Like uh.. Sit? Stay?" They certainly didn't. Slowly they started to circle around him, preparing to strike in one way shape or form.

Kahlil slowly pulled out his saber, igniting the blue blade. "Figured not. Well.. Crap."

Valery flashed him a warm smile and nodded, "I'll let you know if I need you." she said before she disappeared into the room. After she left, he could feel her presence shifting in the Force. She had entered a place of meditation and was clearly connecting with the Force. But this likely also meant she was unaware of what was happening outside.

As expected, the three beasts did not respond to simple commands, and they looked aggressive. They began to circle him and wouldn't back away, even after the blue plasma ignited.

But after a moment, the Mantessan Panthacs behind him decided to make the first move, charging in to strike with its claws. At the exact same time, the one that had been in front of Kahlil also moved in, looking to plant its teeth into the man's leg to bring him down to the ground.

However, the third didn't seem to engage him at all. Instead, Kahlil briefly spotted the beast walking up the staircase, directly into the room Valery had entered. It had spotted another target.

hZFxlpS.png

Well. Damn. This wasn't going to do at all. Them not being intimidated wasn't too surprising, but catching one going for the stairs just wasn't the sort of thing he could very well allow. Kahlil took a breath and closed his eyes as the other two jumped at him. His saber receded into it's hilt as he lifted his hands. He had little desire to inflict pain on those around him. Or even kill. That desire had manifested itself in his power.

All at once the three Panthacs dropped. An invisible, heavy weight was on their shoulders, forcing them to the ground. Pinning them there. He kept his focus for a little while, trying to get the message across to them. They weren't going to get a dinner here. His silver eyes opened towards the closest, narrowed in that similar message.

Then he let them go.

"Get out of here, or I will have to strike you down."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

In an instant, the three creatures stopped moving and were pinned down. Some angry grunts followed but no matter how hard they tried, the Force kept them where they were. They continued to struggle until the very moment Kahlil spoke and released them again. Many other creatures would have been scared and made their escape, but there was a reason the Mantessan panthac was known as one of the most dangerous predators.

They were not backing away but they were extremely angry now.

However, the one that originally moved into the Springs had now turned around as well to join the other two. All 3 Panthacs now circled around Kahlil once more before jumping at him in an attempt to bring him down together.

--------------
Meanwhile, Valery had felt a spike of Danger echo through the Force while she meditated. She opened her eyes and quickly turned to the staircase. "Kahlil?" she asked but with the beasts charging at him, he'd likely not hear her.

With or without a response, he began to move back towards him.

hZFxlpS.png

Beast or not, he at least tried. A sad smile spread across the Knight's lips as the beasts came back for him once again. His saber once more ignited as he readied himself. Apex predators, indeed. He stepped towards the first, bringing his blade up to dispatch the beast immediately. Well, so he thought. The thing charged into him, pinning him to the ground as it's hungry jaws tried to sink into his neck.

He grimaced, turning his saber to remove the creatures head. Another caught his arm, though, biting down. Cutting through flesh and tendon alike and forcing him to drop the weapon with a sharp hiss of pain. He got his arm free, but not before the last landed atop him. He winced as he felt claws sink into his flesh.

That figured, huh.

Through the Force he threw them both back and away from him before they could do any more damage. He stood with clothing worse for wear and blood dripping from the fresh wounds. The Force recalled his saber to his hand as he stared between the remaining beasts.

"Well.. Damn."

As the two remaining beasts stood ready to charge at him, he could feel a presence in the Force reaching out to him. With him being an
Epicanthix, Valery couldn't easily connect to his mind but she hoped he understood her signal - she was going to help. Behind the approaching creatures, he'd spot a purple flash and a split-second later, Valery came leaping out the hallway with the hilt of her lightsaber raised above her head, the blade pointing down.

She jumped right above one of the creatures and drove the purple plasma down through its skull, killing it instantly before it could attack Kahlil again.

However, the 2nd beast was still standing. Valery hoped her initial signal alerted Kahlil enough to take the opportunity because with her killing its friend, the beast shifted its attention to Valery and prepared to attack her.

hZFxlpS.png

Well that was a weight off his shoulders. He didn't have to hear a whisper in his mind to know what it meant when Valery Noble Valery Noble reached out to him. She'd heard the commotion. Part of him felt guilty for pulling her away from what she was trying to do. But at the same time, it was nice to know she'd come around to help.

His blade flicked around as he focused on the second beast. In that same moment as she struck, he did. Closing in on the beast before it could leap at him, bringing his blade down and through it. Ending it's life in an instant.

The second of calm and silence was welcome. Eventually he straightened out, extinguishing his blade. "Sorry about that."

After Kahlil and Valery took down the last two remaining beasts, there was a moment of silence. Valery was breathing just a tad heavier and she felt her heart beating in her chest - she was extremely focused and it brought out a different side of her. But with the threat gone, her shoulders would relax quickly and she'd disengage her lightsaber.

Her eyes turned to Kahlil and she smiled at him.

"You don't have to apolo-" she stopped as she noticed the blood dripping down from his arm. Without saying a word, she walked over quickly and gently took his hand to lift up the injured arm. She looked down at the wound and sighed softly - it looked pretty nasty but it wasn't going to kill him.

"We'll have to clean this up and get it wrapped.." with a frown, she looked up and into his eyes. The thought that he got hurt on a journey to help her find this place clearly bothered her.

"Do you have any other injuries?" she then asked but before he could even respond to that question, she began to drag him along to the staircase in the back of the hall. "Come on, let's go outside where there is more light. I need to take a better look at this." she said, with a worried, but caring tone.

hZFxlpS.png

He blinked in surprise at her concern before looking down at his arm. It wasn't that bad, was it? Well, maybe he was just used to worse off wounds from his time as a Sith. Regardless, he felt no need to try and fight Valery Noble Valery Noble off. Instead he just smiled and nodded, following her as she clearly wasn't going to give him the choice of staying behind.

"Well. Thank you. I promise that I'm fine, but still. Thanks."

There was no way she was going to allow him to stay behind or continue on without doing something about the injuries. Even if the injuries themselves weren't too bad, it was easy to get them infected in a place like this. "Oh you'll be fine after we make sure these wounds can't get any worse." she said with a hint of stubbornness in her voice.

The two would then walk past some of the other rooms, and went up the staircase. They reached the bridge that connected the main Temple to the Temple Grounds and headed straight for the Gardens. At this point, after so many years of not being taken care of, the Gardens had transformed into a jungle of their own. But it still looked beautiful and made Valery smile a bit.

"Alright, I'm not a healer but I can clean the wounds and wrap them up. It'll sting, but try to sit still." she said, after which she reached for the medical kit in her backpack and began to patch him up. After a few minutes, the wounds would be cleaned and wrapped up, and she'd offer a smile. "That's much better."

"Now, unless you wish to rest some, we could head to the archives. Then we'll likely have to spend the night here in the Temple somewhere, and head out in the morning."

hZFxlpS.png

The smile he had stayed as he followed along after Valery Noble Valery Noble , watching her with a mixture of mild interest and amusement. Being stubborn about another's injury didn't exactly seem like the Jedi stereotype he'd grown up listening to. Jedi were different, of course, but seeing it first hand always made him smile.

That, and maybe he just liked being taken care of. Huh. Interesting thought there.

He didn't so much as flinch as she started tending to his wounds. Pain was something he was used to, and the faint stinging of the wounds being cleaned wasn't a pain that could get a reaction out of him anymore. He nodded once they were finished, flashing a grin. "Well, it's a good thing I like camping then. There a place that'd be good to rest up in?"

Valery looked around her after his question - she knew the perfect place for it. "There is another waterfall nearby. It's bigger than the one we saw inside the Springs, and it has a lot of open terrain around it. We can set up camp there." she said with a grin. The waterfalls used to be a place where many classes were taught, and it was a perfect spot for some meditation as well. It was one of her favorite places to be.

"But first, I'm going to retrieve something from the Archives - my old Holocron." she said, confident it was still there. Like other precious Holocrons and artifacts, her specific one was kept somewhere safe - inside the vault. Only a Force user would be able to access the vault itself, and opening a Holocron required the same.

Luckily, the archives were on their path towards the waterfall, so Valery would briefly leave him alone again to retrieve the blue icosahedron from the vault. With that safely stored away in her backpack, she'd return to him and guide him to the waterfall. As Valery explained, there was a large open grass field around the lake that separated the land from the waterfall. Beautiful flowers decorated the area, as well as other plant life.

"Let's set up bedrolls and a campfire here. The temperature shouldn't drop too much, but we can boil some water and prepare some food as well." she said as she set down her backpack. With a grin on her face, she turned to him.

hZFxlpS.png

"We can use the beasts downstairs for dinner." He paused after speaking, glancing to Valery Noble Valery Noble for a second. "..If of course, you're alright with that. I know some don't like to eat meat n' such." Different beliefs, naturally. Among the Jedi it almost seemed like a common theme not to eat meat. Maybe? Hard to tell, honestly. Kahlil followed after her as they went to get her holocron, more looking around at the scenery.

The temple really was quite beautiful. What it must of looked like back in the day was a thought he'd love to explore, if he ever found a way to. "Right. Campfires n' bedrolls. I'll get those set up then we get the beasts?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom