Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Return to Dawn Temple

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
"This is where I once planned to start that new Enclave,"
Valery said with a warm smile, as the two stepped out of the ship they had taken to travel to Spintir. She remembered telling Kahlil about this place when they first met — he was going to help her with supply runs so she could rebuild the temple and use it as a place to help guide struggling Jedi. But not long after, she began to struggle herself, and remained on this very planet, on top of Mount Tellec to center herself once again. This eventually led up to her return to the Galaxy and to him, but now she was back here again. This time to help her fiancé.
"Bit chilly, huh?" She asked as she looked past the village and up towards the mountain where the Dawn Temple would be waiting for them. While she planned to move towards it, she had a feeling their path was going to lead them to the Caves of Light and Dark instead. A vergence in the Force that she hoped would bring back...something.
"This Temple was once used by Jedi to reconnect with the Light Side of the Force — that's why it's called the Dawn Temple. I plan to take you up there and to the Caves because very few places feel as strong."
Her eyes then shifted to him.
"But we have to be careful. They are called the Caves of Dark and Light for a reason; it's a nexus where both sides of the Force flow strongly. The Dark side of this vergence has also affected wildlife around it. Spintir is known for its dangerous icewolves but when they are affected by the caves, they are quite a threat." She said before she gently nudged him.
"Come on, let's move. And tell me if you feel anything, okay?"
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Chilly was an understatement. Panatha, Korriban. The two worlds he'd grown up on were always hot. Even Kashyyyk wasn't this cold. Bundled up in likely an extra layer than actually needed though, he should be fine. Hopefully. He glanced down towards Valery Noble Valery Noble , raising a brow curiously. The way she spoke, this sounded more like a mission then a simple pilgrimage. Kahlil grinned, bumping her with his hip.

"We'll be alright. Is taking a step back from the shadows leaving you itching for a mission briefing?" He was teasing her alright. The grin widened further as they walked through the snow.

"There's nothing to hurry about. If the Force wants me to feel it on my own again, I'm sure I will."

n0m34qi.png
Looking at all the layers he was wearing, she couldn't help but feel like she should have gone with something different. She was wearing her typical outfit, and it wasn't exactly the best at keeping her warm. But it hardly showed, as she simply continued forward while she gave her 'briefing'.
"Very funny." She looked up at him and smirked as he bumped his hip against her.
"I just want us to be prepared. Remember the last time we were in a temple and predators attacked us?" She had a bit of a smug look on her face now, as memories of the New Cov temple returned. She had to patch him up after they were attacked, which eventually had them become much closer.
"But you're right, small steps..." she leaned into him for a moment but then began to move ahead a bit. She recognized the trail they were on from her last time visiting and tried to guide them safely uphill. It wouldn't be long until they saw the remnants of the Dawn Temple ahead on the mountain.
But in a slightly different direction, there were the Caves of Dark and Light.
"Where do you think we should go first?" she asked as she looked back over at him.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm. I remember it pretty fondly." He chanced a wink and a grin, though immediately he knew what can of worms he'd just opened up with Valery Noble Valery Noble . He hummed as he glanced over the paths before them. At the moment, he felt nothing. No pull one way or another. Just the echo between him and his fiance. Then sighed. Closed his eyes. Focused. Trying to let the Force feel for him, as it used to.

".. This is hard."

n0m34qi.png
Oh, she had noticed his wink and grin, alright.
But where she'd normally go into her typical teasing game, she was more focused on the actual reason for their visit now. She wanted to help him more than anything, and seeing him focus and try so hard was difficult. She knew it was largely his obstacle to overcome, but she was going to be there for him.
So for now, her teasing could wait a little.
"Let's go to the caves first, then. Of all places on this planet, it's the strongest in the Force." She flashed an encouraging smile and turned in the direction. Slowly but surely, they would make their way further up the mountain, each step gradually getting more and more difficult as the path grew steeper.
But after a few minutes, they reached the entrance of the caves, and Valery stopped. She could sense the two sides of the Force within, clashing as always and leaving her to struggle somewhat. But as she reached out, she felt the presence of a beast as well, one consumed by the darkness of the cave.
"Go in together?" she looked up into his eyes and smiled faintly.
Knipsel.JPG
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ain't that where the beasts are?" The grin returned as he glanced towards Valery Noble Valery Noble again. "You just want a repeat of our first night, mm?" He was teasing all over again, but mostly to push away from the dread this was going to bring. Then he felt it. An echo from Valery herself, through their bond. Danger. An icewolf corrupted by the dark, then? His lips thinned as he kept his gaze on the cavern before him.

"So long as we're careful, yeah? I can sense it."

n0m34qi.png
Alright, now he was asking for it.
Valery met his teasing question with a waggle of her eyebrows, and a wide grin on her face. "Can you blame me?" she asked playfully in return to go along with him lighting up the mood that could quickly go down in a place like this. She stepped closer and briefly, took his hand as she looked up at him.
"We'll be careful. The wolves are all around this area. Those corrupted inside the caves, those who aren't near the Wolf's Den close to the Temple."
"But like last time, I've got you to keep me safe." she winked. "Come on."
Valery then stepped into the cave and began to look around — she had been here before and even though her eyes could see well in the darkness of a cave, these beasts were tricky. They had sensed it but the creature was aware of them as well and lurking from the shadows. It was only a matter of time before it would strike.
"My idea was that we go into meditation together," Valery whispered after a moment of looking around. "We use our bond to connect with each other, and through the vergence here, I hope we can figure something out. Feel something new." she looked at him.
"It's quite personal to connect in that way, but it's the best idea I have right now." she smiled sheepishly.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Here to keep her safe, huh? Kahlil snickered softly, patting the borrowed saber on his hip. He could, hopefully. Hopefully. Side by side he was at his strongest. The echo of the Force born of their bond gave him strength, even if it wasn't just his own. He followed Valery Noble Valery Noble deeper into the cave, his gaze shifting around their surroundings much like her own. Though, he couldn't see in the dark. Not like her.

"True, we wouldn't want our relationship to get too personal. Who knows how many kids that could result in." It was a rare thing to see Valery be the sheepish one. But here, alone like this? Kahlil was certainly digging his own grave with a wide, wide grin.

"I'm willing to try it. It'd be good practice either way."

n0m34qi.png
"True, we wouldn't want our relationship to get too personal. Who knows how many kids that could result in."
Valery could feel her face burning bright red at his comment and quickly looked away, pretending to scout the area for the beast to hide her blush. But he knew her better than anybody else, so there really was no hiding it. With a smirk, she looked back over her shoulder and spoke softly, just to be careful.
"Oh shush, I meant that it's personal in a different way," she said before she added something with an even softer tone. "Although being personal in any way is fun..."
Seeing nothing around them in the immediate area, Valery turned and snatched his hand to pull him along to a large rock somewhere near the center of the cave. Whilst smiling at him, she began to lower herself into a lotus position on the floor and thereby asked him to join her in meditation.
"Let's start simple — clear our minds and focus on our bond. Get drawn into the Force." Valery said as her eyes closed and her focus shifted. But she was keeping an eye on their surroundings as well because she knew the dangerous ice wolf was lurking from the shadows.
It had been there from the start, and it was soon going to leap towards Valery to attack her. She had made sure that her back was positioned towards the beast because she wanted to test Kahlil's abilities to sense and react more than her own.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He was just all grins as he watched Valery Noble Valery Noble , but he did nod in agreement. There wasn't any point to delay. And if the wolf he sensed through her was a bit too hungry, they didn't have much for time. Though, was she expecting him to sit beside her or across from her or something? The larger figure chuckled as he watched her sit down, then moved behind her. Brazenly lifting her up to set her down in his lap before closing his eyes to start his own meditation.

If it was going to get personal, why not sit close together?

"Right. Close your eyes. Focus." He was still grinning as he spoke, but he did do as she said. Let his mind drift. Feel the echo between them. The Force through her and their bond. Deeper and deeper. For him, though, nothing changed from that. His broken connection was mending through her, but it was still an echo of what was.

"So, when do we deal with the hunter?" The wolf hadn't attacked, yet. But even with the larger prey between it and what it saw originally, it was still going to strike. Not yet, but soon. Kahlil knew full well it was there.

"I'd rather not kill it if we don't have to."

n0m34qi.png
It was almost hard to focus with his teasing and playfulness towards her, but she enjoyed it a great deal. Spending time one-on-one with him wasn't something she'd ever get tired of, and right now? He really made her feel amazing. So with a wide smile of her own, she sat down and prepared to connect through meditation.
She expected him to sit across from her but when she heard footsteps behind her, she opened her eyes to see what was up... only to be lifted off the ground. A high-pitched giggle escaped her as he set her down into his lap, followed by a smirk and a playful roll of her eyes.
"Mhm, focus." She said as she leaned into him and closed her eyes.
In deep meditation, she then opened herself to him, allowing him to not just feel the bond, but follow the pathways of the Force through her entire being. While it could help restore his connection as it opened him up to the Force, even more, it quickly became evident that it was a slow process.
"So, when do we deal with the hunter?"
Valery let out a soft breath as she felt the beast approaching from behind.
"Right about now... try to knock it out." she said "Protect me, sweetheart," she added with a smirk and a chuckle.
Then from behind, the beast began its charge, teeth on display and claws ready to strike. With a great leap, it tried to close the distance and attack Kahlil from behind.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He didn't move from where he was sitting. The beast charged forward, but before it could reach them it suddenly dropped. An immense, invisible weight brought it swiftly to the ground. Kahlil turned his head to see the beast struggling, but unable to resist the weight that had it pinned. His influence on the Force had always leaned more towards immobilizing his foes. Gravity was one thing most couldn't resist.

Enough could bring down even giants.

"Mm. I don't think we should stay here any longer." Despite it being his influence, it was still him pulling on the echo between him and Valery Noble Valery Noble . No sign of his natural connection could be felt. Not yet. But they were on the right track. He could hear it, the subtle whisper he spent so long learning how to hear. Just out of his reach. "It might not be alone."

n0m34qi.png
Valery slightly shifted in his lap as the beast appeared, but was quickly suppressed under the increased weight of Kahlil manipulating gravity locally. She heard the creature whine and fight but even with its taint to the dark side, it eventually just gave up as it realized that its attempts to break free were futile.
"Gosh you're so hot," she said before she leaned in to steal a quick kiss.
"But you're right, there are definitely more of them. The Wolf's Den is not far away, which is why so many of them get corrupted here." Valery said as she got up to her feet and offered him a hand up.
"Do you want to go see the Temple as well? It's not as strong in the Force as this place and might have a few more wolves inside, but maybe we find something worth our time."
Valery then slowly turned around and prepared to head out of the caves.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He blinked. And blushed. Seemed it was his turn to blush. He didn't let it go too far to his head though, less he lost concentration and the wolf ended up breaking free. He could feel it struggling even from the momentary lapse from the kiss. Which he doubled down on. Not really, cause he wasn't trying to kill it. But enough to remind it that it couldn't move while he and Valery Noble Valery Noble were there.

".. Wait, isn't it the temple that's supposed to be a place of healing? Why wouldn't we go there?"

n0m34qi.png
Valery grinned at his blush and stepped away so he could retain his focus. As much as she wanted to keep teasing him now that she got him, fighting the beast was not a great idea. So she allowed him to keep up his ability and safely, the two began making their way out of the cave.
"Both the Temple and the caves are," Valery said with a smile.
"I'll show you some of the places I stayed in for a while, then!" She seemed excited and began to move ahead of him a little, guiding the way towards the ancient structure. But through their bond, both would be able to sense more life inside the Temple, and not all of it was equal.
Certainly more ice wolves, albeit non-corrupted ones, but there seemed to be another presence within. Valery, however, was a little caught up in her excitement and didn't seem to fully register it. She simply guided him into the building, where they quickly reached a rather open chamber.
"This is where I spent a lot of my time during that meditative retreat. You know, before we got back together." Valery said more softly as she looked around. Within the Temple, the Force was strong, calming, and inviting. But trouble was slowly approaching them as well.
d10444e0cc42130f19a17c9e06534d23.jpg
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I can see why you came here." It was in ruins. Monstrous corrupt wolves wanted to eat you. What didn't scream vacation time? He chuckled lightly, glancing towards Valery Noble Valery Noble as they wandered in further. As much as he was teasing, it did mean a lot for her to bring him here. "Were the animals always this rambunctious though?" Even now he could feel more coming through the echo. His gaze turned, glancing around the chamber. Looking for any further sign.

"It feels off that they'd be this.. Aggressive. Even corrupted."

n0m34qi.png
"It was tough being here alone for so long." Especially alone.
Valery looked up at him and smiled weakly before she stepped to the edge of the level they were on. Down below was a hall that once held great statues and decorations made by the best Jedi artisans the Galaxy knew. Above them were more levels with mostly meditation chambers Jedi used to reconnect. Or try to, anyway.
"As for the wolves, the Caves have always had an effect on them. It's a Nexus with both sides of the Force flowing strongly. During times where the Jedi were weaker, after the purge, it was far worse too because the Dark Side was overwhelmingly strong." she said, remembering her history of this place.
But as she had turned to speak to him, Kahlil would perhaps notice a figure appearing on a level below, and on the other side of the large drop behind Valery. Then some light seemed to reflect off of something he was holding and a single bolt of energy was fired.
The accuracy was rather poor, however, and struck the ground somewhere behind Valery's feet, causing her to stumble near the edge. Her eyes widened and her arms swept wildly as she tried to keep herself from falling...
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We should rebuild here, some time." Maybe because he felt he could heal his connection here, but he did want to fix this place up. The others from the order could help. Clear out the ice wolves, relocate them somewhere safe so they wouldn't be corrupted. Rebuild the temple. Lost in his thoughts he missed the warning in the echo. A shot sounded, and he acted. Too late to stop the shot, yes, but not too late to help Valery Noble Valery Noble .

He reached out, pulling on her arm to stop her from falling. Pulling her away from the second shot and behind him. Only when she was safe did he raise his hand. A shimmering field of blue formed, catching another of the shots off of it.

"Friend of yours, love?"

n0m34qi.png
Even though her balance was slipping, Valery wasn't overly worried — deep down she knew he'd catch her and he did. As he pulled her away from the edge, another bolt struck close but he had repositioned her just in time for it to miss. Holding onto him as she was moved behind him, she watched a third bolt come for them but this time a Barrier had been put in place to shield them.
"Friend of yours, love?"
Valery looked at him and briefly chewed on her lower lip before she smirked and looked back in the direction of the attacker, who began to realize that his plan wasn't working.
"Looters is my guess. They come here for Jedi artifacts or to kill the wolves for their fur and teeth." she frowned and finally stepped away from him. "Likely more of them as well, if that's the case."
Meanwhile, the figure who had been shooting seemed to be reaching for a different kind of weapon. He aimed and fired but the projectile that left the barrel wasn't coming for them. The grenade instead struck the icy walls above them, causing large pieces to fracture and fall down
Immediately, Valery raised both her hands and channeled the Force to telekinetically hold up the rather heavy chunks of ice and snow that would otherwise fall on them. Her muscles tensed up and her cheeks turned a tad redder.
It seemed their attacker was not to be underestimated entirely.
"Could...use...some help, sweetie," she muttered. Lifting the heavy weight wasn't a problem but the looter could cause more trouble if left be.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

A grenade?

"Hey- Wait! We don't- Stop destroying the temple!" He was annoyed for sure. Who lobbed explosives in a run down temple like this? Who knew what sort of damage could be done! Still, Kahlil was relaxed. Here with Valery Noble Valery Noble , there was no reason for either of them to stress ou- Oh the ceiling collapsed. He blinked, glancing to her, then up. Well, shit. He reached out, utilizing the Echo again.

For something different. If he could increase gravity, could he..?

Sure enough, the weight lessened. Bit by bit gravity seemed to lessen on the falling structure until they were light as air. Kahlil's eyes stayed closed as he held his hand up, focused on that task alone.

It was way harder than increasing weight, that was for sure. "I got this, you get him, yeah?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom