Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Return to Christophsis...

New_GA1.png

Giran Thraker, Jedi Knight. For being over 900 Years late to this overdue visit to the planet, he was nonetheless nervous. The last time he was on this planet was during the great Jedi Purge...the day the Empire was born....when he lost both his master and his best friend. Giran would fly over the city looking for a landing pad in his new starfighter, which was given to him by his girlfriend Jonyna. Thankfully he had quickly learned the controls of the ship, seeing as it was designed after the old Jedi Starfighters of his time. Though it's not to say that he would still need to relearn some things.

Landing on the platform of a building, he would hop out of his ship. This seemed to be a public landing zone so he felt comfortable enough parking here. Taking a mental note of where he landed he would walk to the entrance of the city, glancing around at the busy city. It hadn't changed too mutch, but he differently saw some major differences in technology and building architecture. He would fix his Jedi Robes, making sure both of his sabers where strapped onto his person, as he would begin to stroll, seeing where the force would take him...

FAR FROM HOME
~The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy(?)~

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Giran Thraker Giran Thraker

smalldivsilver.png
CHRISTOPHSIS, SAVAREEN SECTOR, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

Jobs in this area of the galaxy have always been my least favorite. Mon Gazza, Tatooine, Falleen, Christophsis, those planets are just too grimy and nefarious for my likings. Of course, the fact that criminal activities are abundant in those systems means a lot of work for people like me, yet I can't help to think that less work for us means a better galaxy for everyone. A man's gotta eat, but it's still depressing to see the conditions of those systems and knowing what you do won't ever change anything on a systemic level. Usually I always try to immediately return to Kestri once I'm done with a job, yet my cranky old ship has decided to contract some kind of engine failure, which means staying for longer, spending my hard earned credits to fix the old lady.

While waiting in a bar nearby, I noticed something, no, someone curious, so out of place. A Jedi? In Christophsis? Those folks sure have a bad habit of strolling too far from their home ground. While my unique relationship with that one particular Jedi helps me see the nuances in the individuals donning those robes, it doesn't change a bit the way I see the institution itself. It wasn't a surprise that a padawan ended up in Kestri, and it sure as hell isn't that much of a surprise to see one here. From the look of it, the Jedi don't seem to be looking for trouble, traveling alone and in a robe rather than an armor. The old starfighter is also an unusual sight. Perhaps he's from the area? Or even operating outside of the Order? Still, it's better to be safe.

"Wandering far from home, friend?" I called the Jedi from behind, standing up from the cantina seat, one hand ready over the holster. I could just leave the Jedi be, technically. Yet Christophsis isn't a particularly friendly planet, not for a Jedi, not for a Mandalorian. Hopefully, it won't be a hostile encounter. Perhaps there is something to be sought here.

smalldivsilver.png

New_GA1.png

Turning around to the voice that called to him, Giran was met with the sight of a Mandalorian. Having known what Jonyna just told him about the war, the young Jedi quickly put his hands near his saber. Just in case this encounter turned sour. First time back to this planet in 900 years and the first thing he is met with is a possible enemy.
"You could say that..." Giran said "Just... sightseeing a bit that's all"

Broja Fett Broja Fett

FAR FROM HOME

smalldivsilver.png

"Typical." A visitor, a tourist if I may. The bustling street of Chritophsis shipyard district does conceal our significance in the grander scheme of things, from the eyes of the crowd. To your common passer-by, the two men currently standing on the street could very well be just a monk and a bounty hunter with a replica Beskar'gam. That's a good thing, I'd rather not alert people who might have some interest in the galactic conflict.

Noticing that the Jedi has moved his hand to reach his lightsaber, I proactively tried to de-escalate the situation. "Easy down there. If I wanna shoot you, your head woulda be rolling on the ground right now." I said with a chuckle in my voice and a smug smirk behind my Buy’ce, slowly removing my hand from the holster. A hostile encounter would post some risk for the both of us. There is the physical and mortality risk, of course. You can't discount the possibility of permanent injuries, or even worse, death, when two seasoned warriors clashed, even over something so minuscule. Moreover, there's also a risk of getting caught by the local officials. Christophsis is an independent system that used to be the Enclave's territory back in our glory days. I'm sure the corporation-backed local officials have no love for us, nor for the Jedi.

Instead, I slowly approached the Jedi, as a sign of trust. A Mandalorian always wants to keep a distance during a fight. Closing the space by my own accord should be a good enough sign that I want no smokes. "Broja, of Clan Fett." I extended one of my hands toward the Jedi for a handshake. This might very well turn into a very bad idea in a few seconds, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Besides I got repulsors and a jetpack to catch some space if things turn sour.

smalldivsilver.png

New_GA1.png

It had been some time since Giran was face to face with a Mandalorian, however due to his extensive studies of culture he recognized the signs he was getting from the Mandolorian, him getting closer and wanting a handshake was proof of that enough. However his interest peeked upon hearing his name "Fett? As in...Jango Fett the Bounty Hunter?" Giran asked, slowly shaking his hand as he took the sign of trust. Knowing that he could at the very least use the force to escape the situation if things went sour.

Broja Fett Broja Fett

FAR FROM HOME

smalldivsilver.png

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. "Jango? What are you, a 900 years old Neti shapeshifter?" I chuckled at the Jedi's question. Yes, Jango is a legend not only amongst us Fett, but all Mandalorians and even amongst the aruetii. However, these days people are more familiar with names like Koda Fett, or Careena Fett. Makes me even more curious about this Jedi.

"But yes, Jango and Boba, the legendary Karjr of the gilded age, my great great great ancestors." Of course, it is implied that I have no possible blood relations to them. Us Mandalorians pride ourselves in the tradition of adopting foundlings. My grandpa was one. Not to mention the consensus belief that Boba never got himself a child. "Got a name yourself?" I asked, noticing that he hadn't introduced himself in the first place.

smalldivsilver.png

New_GA1.png

"Oh uh...Giran Thraker" He said, stumbling on his words "And uh...ironicly yes...I am from 900 years ago...just...not a shapeshifter, I'm human. its a long story" He said, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. The jedi being a bit paranoid about dropping that information, he had no idea if it was good or bad for people to know...well looks like its time to find out...

Broja Fett Broja Fett

FAR FROM HOME

smalldivsilver.png

Cryo-baby, hmm?” I asked the Jedi hesitantly. I’ve heard of such cases in the past, there’s even an Enclave soldier who went through the same phenomenon if I recall, but it was only for a couple of decades, not a whopping 900 years. The other option is time-travel, but that’s even less of a possibility. Of course, there’s a possibility that the Jedi is lying, but why would he? Only a psycho would lie about such things.

If he was actually frozen in time and just made it out, him wandering around Christophsis like a lost puppy does make more sense. From what I know, the Jedi used to control much more space in the galaxy. Perhaps, he was from the planet when it was still under the Jedi’s control, only to see what it had become. It makes me wonder, is he even aware of the ongoing conflict between the GA and the Enclave, or even, if he is familiar with the GA?

One thing for sure is this Jedi isn’t familiar with the current condition of the planet, the hostility that it harbors. “Whatever your Christophsis was like, this isn’t it anymore. You’ll need a guide to survive this place.

smalldivsilver.png

New_GA1.png

Whatever your Christophsis was like, this isn’t it anymore. You’ll need a guide to survive this place.

"And I assume you are offering to guide me then?" He asked, raising his eyebrow as he crossed his arms. The Jedi knew that the current climate of the galaxy was tense, especially with the Mandolorians now at war with the Republic. He didn't wish to take a chance like this, especially knowing the consequences. "I appreciate the offer, however I think I will be ok for now. I hope you have a good day Sir Fett" He said, bowing as he made his way.

Last edited:

New_GA1.png

And so The Jedi would make his way from the shipyard into the main city. He looked around noticing some familiar sighs from data archives he saw back then. As well as old war memorials from the time of The Clone Wars, though aged quite a lot with little to no care at it. He would approach it, reading the words on the placq

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom