Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Return to Christophsis Pt2: The Sins of our Past.

New_GA1.png

Giran Thraker, Jedi Knight. For being over 900 Years late to this overdue visit to the planet, he was nonetheless nervous. The last time he was on this planet was during the Great Jedi Purge...the day the Empire was born....when he lost both his master and his best friend. Upon returning to the planet he was welcomed by a Mandalorian of all people, surprising considering that the Galactic Alliance just went to war with them. Now in the deep city of the planet, Giran would be standing in front of an old war memorial from the time of The Clone Wars, though aged quite a lot with little to no care at it. He would approach it, reading the words on the plaque carefully studying it and taking in the memories of his past...

"Tis a shame really, seeing a memorial to heroes in such a state. Seems age and war have done much to besmirch this hallowed ground."

Nimian had quietly entered the memorial behind the "young" Jedi. He was bedecked in his nicest officer's uniforms, going the extra mile to don a flashy red cape to go with his black clothes and polished boots. One could not have looked more imperial if they tried. That was the point from where Nim stood, to be a sterling example of a citizen even outside the borders of the Empire.

"Perhaps in better times this planet would have been set on the straight and narrow on how to remember its saviors. Those are not those times it would seem, but my apologies, I haven't even introduced myself! I am Nimian, hope I didn't disturb you with my pontifications sir!" The officer had a rye grin on his face as he reached a gloved hand out to the Jedi. "Interesting to meet a member of the order in such wild environs."

New_GA1.png

The young Jedi flinched slightly, he had never expected to see an Imperial Officer. Especially in this time. He would hesitantly reach out to shake the hand of the finely dressed officer "Giran..." He said, slightly weary but trying to remain polite. He didn't wish to start any trouble now that he was awake, and with what the Alliance is dealing with now, there would be no need for another issue.

"
I apologize I was just...remembering the battle" Giran said, memories of that day still fresh in his mind

@Niman Totan

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers

New_GA1.png

"I read it was rough."
A boy said from behind. "What's an imperial officer doing around these parts?"

The boy looked strikingly like Giran Thraker Giran Thraker 's long time girlfriend, and yet...he felt different. The fiery attitude wasn't there, in it's place a calm curiosity.

"I'm sorry, You can't possible mean you were here for the battle during the fall of the Republic? I know those sensitive in the force enjoy long lives, but that was nearly a millennium ago..."

Then again, he had heard tales of people surviving for extreme periods for various reasons. Perhaps this Jedi wasn't stretching the truth after all, the galaxy was a strange place. If he was telling the truth then that would be a fascinating topic of discussion, putting side the potential ramifications of said conversation.

"What is anyone doing in the Outer Rim? I'm currently on leave after a short campaign. I figured taking a tour of some older battle sites might lead to inspiration. Apparently it has lead to me meeting with some very special people."

Now there was another Jedi in the mix, it was starting to resemble a council meeting in his mind. Strange that he felt underdressed with his lack of a lightsaber. Quips he kept to himself aside, Nimian would have to watch what he said around the Cathar. There were some rumblings of a short tempered Cathar Jedi who had no love for Imperials.

Nir Si Nir Si Giran Thraker Giran Thraker

New_GA1.png

Giran looked at the Cathar with slight awe, they resembled Jonyna almost to an amazing amount. It couldn't be her siblings...they are dead. Giran looking to the boy for a few more moments before looking back to the Imperial officer "Well...I was under the assumption the Empire was defeated after The Battle of Endor...I'm supprised to see some still around after all this time..." He said, trying not to be too nosey.

Nir Si Nir Si Nimian Totan Nimian Totan

New_GA1.png

"Oh they've been around." There was a little bit of indignation at that. "Fighting the GA, conquering planets on the eastern side of the galaxy, like Cathar for example. Then you all fell apart because your couldn't keep a hold on anything."

The fact that Cathar was free now was a relief to the boy, and with the sage now watching over it, he could rest easy knowing it wouldn't fall again. Maybe someday he would take over for her.

Tag: Giran Thraker Giran Thraker Nimian Totan Nimian Totan

Yet another reference to long forgotten events from young Giran. Either he was exceptionally well read, or he was actually a man out of time. This was intriguing to Nimian, perhaps there would be time to question the Jedi more thoroughly later. Of course, there was the thorny issue of the second Jedi, the Cathar who was far more outspoken, and annoying.

"Is that how the story goes? If you ask me we as much a history of saving planets as we do damaging them. The Tion Cluster was a lawless place filled with scum and rabble not long ago. Now it is thoroughly on the mend and headed towards a prosperous, lawful future. At least, once the Tionese Liberation Front has been dealt with." Whether or not Nimian truly believed the propaganda he spewed was unclear. What was clear is that he delivered it with a smug confidence and an upturned nose.

The fall of the Empire was a sticky subject for Nimian, a black mark on the record books if ever there were one. What truly galled him about it was he had no real rebuttal for the stinging jabs. Their Empire had fallen, had been torn asunder, and there was little that could be said otherwise. Only that he was hopeful for a future where the Galactic Empire could have it's reign unopposed.

Giran Thraker Giran Thraker Nir Si Nir Si

New_GA1.png

Giran observed the two of them talk to each other, he had more or less only studied the historical events surrounding major battles and historical purposes when he returned. He didn't exactly know much else about the smaller stuff, so hearing about all of this was quite interesting for him. "I uh...was more here to pay respects to the Clones...they where good men who sacrificed themselves for a greater cause. Though uh...it seems mutch of what I presumed was gone is still around" he said, looking at the two of them.

Nimian Totan Nimian Totan Nir Si Nir Si

New_GA1.png

"I've met a few clones. Good people. Jasper's one, I think." The boy scratched his mane, trying to remember if he heard that part right. "Yeah, I've heard a lot about the clone wars back then. Crazy stuff, yeah? Back when droids were just used as cannon fodder..." He frowned at that. He wished people would take droids more seriously. His eyes wandered back to the imperial in the room. "Course, then these idiots ruined it for everyone. Them and their sith overlords. You tried crawling back to that yet?"

New_GA1.png

"Is that how the story goes? If you ask me we as much a history of saving planets as we do damaging them. The Tion Cluster was a lawless place filled with scum and rabble not long ago. Now it is thoroughly on the mend and headed towards a prosperous, lawful future. At least, once the Tionese Liberation Front has been dealt with."
"Right...I see...uh...the Tion Cluster...yes yes...I uh...recall hearing about that-" Giran said, lying through his teeth. As per usual the young man having no clue what the officer was referencing. He hoped to have been educated enough in modern history, but it seemed he was still very mutch behind on things

Nimian Totan Nimian Totan , Nir Si Nir Si

Giran Thraker Giran Thraker Nir Si Nir Si

Nim raised an eyebrow at the stammering young man in front of him. Something was definitely not adding up with him. Though if he was in need of an education on current events, who better to give it than someone whose job it was to make history? Nimian adjusted his collar before addressing the Jedi, a smug smile plastered across his face, and a twinkle in his eyes.

"Obviously word of our exploits have not traveled far enough yet. Well, to tell you the short version, The Empire began it's life as a remnant fleet in Lianna. However, we quickly expanded outward into the rest of the Tion Cluster. This has come with a bit of resistance from the locals however. While most are good enough to accept order, there are those that band together under the flag of rebellion." Nimian stopped for a moment, walking over to a bench which overlooked the grassy paths that lead up to the memorial. Recounting the tales of The Empire seemed to bring satisfaction to the usually cold man.

"Such as those of Rhen Var, who bitterly clung to their connection to some ancient version of the Jedi Order. When offered the peaceful solution of being incorporated into our Empire, they spat it back in our face. And so we fought them in bloody trench warfare for days. Until they, and their precious temple fell to our superior tactics and soldiers." If one were looking for a man who broke the stereotype of Imperial officers being gloryhounds who would put whole worlds to the pyre for clout, Nimian would not be the one.

New_GA1.png

"And it'll only last until you piss off the current version." Nir said with a bit of teenage smugness in his voice. "All your imp types talk like you're hot shit till a bigger dog shows up in your yard. Then you whine and moan about how you're being 'oppressed by unfair democratic systems' while your AT-ATs and star destroyers are burning to GA firepower. Because no matter what, you're just a minor league Crashball player going up against the best damn team in the major leagues."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom