Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrace the stars

[member="Seo Linn"]

James shook his head vigorously as Seo requested his forgiveness. "No need, ye dun't made no mistakes and ye dun't need to ask for me forgiveness." His eyes looked into her's with an honest and square expression, "It might nae been a wee bit for the better. I weren't a good man for a long while there. I lost meself," he shrugged and sighed, "Power and money can change ye if ye let it. And I did. It be better this way, if ye'd o' met me betwix now and then, ye'd o' hated me."

When Aodhan gave his answer James gave Seo a look that said he'll come around, don't worry. The man couldn't blame his son, it was a lot to get over in a few hours. And, considering he was a Justice now, James was just glad Aodhan hadn't tried something more sinister and dangerous as a reaction than a petty grudge.

James looked at his son's hand for a second. A pang of agony tore through the spacer's body. He realized Aodhan would never reach out to him as an infant and take hold of his finger. He would never have Aodhan reach out as a young boy after falling and scraping his knee. He would never reach out to learn to ride a hoverbike or swoop. James had missed those things. Every time James met one of his children he was reminded of all he had missed in their lives. And it hurt, it always hurt. Each time it hurt even worse--because he was reminded even more of how horrible he was.

The spacer gripped his son's hand. He offered the teen a winsome but slightly sad smile. His voice was thick with emotion he tried to snuff back as James said, "Ye can call me whatever ye want, son."

He offered both of them the bottle in his other hand, "Here, I know I ain't the only one who be needin' this after all this deep emotionin'."

It might have been for the better, but she still felt partially at fault. Things would have been far different for all of them if they had remained in contact and together. However, everything had made Seo that much stronger as a person.

"Hate it such a strong word, James."

She said this with a bit of humor and then looked at their son. Watching the interaction between them, she could tell Aodhan had accepted him and actually wanted to get to know him. Letting out a small sigh of relief, she lifted her hand to rest it on top of theirs.

"We'll figure it out along the way. Let's get some food."

Taking the drink from James, she took a long drink of it and passed it to Aodhan before heading in the direction of the kitchen.

[member="James Justice"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom