Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retirement and Changes

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Since I've come back nearly two months ago, I have been back and forth over what I want to do and unable to decide for certain. I have made a handful of very successful and fulfilling characters of various walks of life, and each has a different reputation in its own right. However, I don't want it anymore. I don't want to RP a character who was once queen of a major galactic faction, or a former AHV star who blackmarketed and mercenary-contracted her way into fortune, or the CEO of a massive galactic military-industrial corporation. I love those characters and I like their roles, but there is no more end-game; there's no more fulfillment left in them.

So with that said, I've made a final decision on the matter. I feel largely that the feeling of owing several people plots from several characters had kept me from making this decision before and hindered actually getting anything done. Even though I've pledged a couple characters into a couple factions lately, I am retiring everything so that I can move on with bigger and better things from a fresh, new start.

Retirement List:
  • [member="Aynea Zyn'meshurok"] (only for threads with [member="Aeizori-Mei Kaeirosae"])
  • [member="Alachei Mnemenos"] (will be NPC)
  • [member="Muramana"] & Manamune
  • [member="Liminal"]

So in sum, I'm keeping Saera as my Dark Side main and likely creating a new species and character to keep as my Light Side main, making two total.

Then there's [member="Kass Zyn'meshurok"], but only because I have so much invested in her, I'd be throwing too much away. I don't plan to use her nearly as frequently though.

I apologize to [member="Arctica"] and anyone else I've signed on with. I just don't have the muse or time to RP these side characters right now and I'd consider myself lucky to have enough time for these two, if my late activity has been any indication. I'm not deleting Liminal... I just don't feel I can give it the attention it deserves right now. I sincerely apologize if I've held up your thread. :c As for the GA, I'll be putting the new character there in place of Alachei, seeing as they'll be my first Jedi and all. :3

I hate myself for doing this but I'll hate myself more for doing nothing.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Yep! :D

Enjoy your new characters!

Also one tip is to completely have your character fall into nothing ;) that brings its own endgame in the repair:

Some obvious ones are.

Force Severing
Memory Loss
Financial Ruin
Crippling Physical/Mental or Force Injury
Complete switch of faction and alignment to have to start from scratch, even below the entry point as perhaps no NPC or PC trusts you to start with, or you start as a prisoner.
Switch their motivation and drive, so their current strengths don't help them much.
Essentially taking the endgame, whatever strength it is, and turning it on its head.

Then there are the further out ones, like moving your consciousness into a new body, new frame, or rp'ing some threads out as a ghost etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom