Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Results of Radiation

Her heart was thumping faster than it ever had before. Why did she of all people have to deliver the dreadful news? To Circe Savan, former Lady of the Sith?... Oh, this day was simply dreadful. No doubt things would only get worse from this point on. There wasn't anything she could do about it anyway. So while Vanessa slumbered away in a hospital bed, Siara the nurse quietly walked towards her boss' office. She hummed softly as she walked in an attempt to calm herself down. It failed, utterly. Once again she wished that there had been someone else who could rely the test results. Alas, no one had been stupid enough to volunteer, and as Siara was the newest nurse, she was the one to do this. Because if she died, no one would really care that much. After working with Ven for years, the docs knew to be careful who they angered. Circe wasn't known for getting explosive... but they wanted to be careful all the same. Especially now that their employer was dating a certain tyrant.
Troublesome wasn't even close to be strong enough to describe the situation.
"L-Lady Savan? Um... I have the results for Vanessa's latest checkup..." Still scared out of her wits, Siara simply placed the datapad on Savan's desk before scurrying off. What the former plant-lady would find would be... saddening. Thanks to radiation exposure during the prison break, Nacht's cancer had returned in full force. The girl would require countless surgeries, chemotherapy, hundreds of pills, and potentially years to recover. There was a chance she would die from her sickness. All because she had decided to save someone she cared for. Ironic, considering that's what she had been attempting to prevent in the first place. The world is a strange and cruel place.
@[member="Circe Savan"]
{Explanation for Vanessa's absence or eventual death}

"What are the results?" The now human-like Circe, growing used to the name Thalia, sighed, looking at a corner. Vanessa had suffered greatly from what had happened. The radiation had only caused her cancer to resurge and be more of an issue than it had been previously. Instead of the shell of a woman, Vanessa, that had been left from Taiko's cancer, this could be the cancer that left her with nothing but a corpse.

And Circe didn't want that.

@[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]

It didn't bother her. The Morganian slept soundly in her bed, not yet aware of the rogue cells terrorizing her body. All she cared about at the moment was sleep. It had been a rough month for her and her make-shift family. Things were getting better... but worse at the same time. Who knew what was in store for Vanessa? For Circe?... For anyone?... A soft smile lay quietly on the woman's features. Inside her dreams she was having a picnic with the Savans and Sekairos. Not only that, but she was Tai'ko again. Beside her was her Umbaran sister from the Orphanage, along with her young daughter. They were the family that was supposed to be. Maybe one day it would be. That was all one could hope for.
A happy ending.
@[member="Circe Savan"]
{OOC: I'm going to cry}

Stepping into the room, Circe was nearly on the verge of tears. Vanessa - or rather, Tai'ko, was suffering from cancer again. If she died, well... Circe didn't know what she'd do with herself. Vanessa was a good friend of hers, and seeing her in this condition made her sad. Very sad. Not sad enough to turn away from the path she was going down, but still exceptionally sad. Stepping over, she took Vanessa's hand and gently put it into her own.

"Heya."

@[member="Tai'ko Vin the Dreamer"]

Each hushed breath shook her body. It was painfully evident that the cancer was taking its toll on her- at least physically. When her friend entered she continued to dream away, enjoying the momentary bliss. But Savan's words forced her to awake and face reality. Her movements were slow as she quietly sat up, looking at her friend curiously. In fact, she didn't recognize the woman at first. "Are you my nurse?..." Vanessa asked, tipping her head to the side. Then she noticed her hand clasped in the other woman's. Two and two were put together rather quickly. "Oh... You... Look different. Any idea why I feel so... off?" Her voice was so soft. Almost inaudible.
@[member="Thalia Zambrano"]

"Cancer." The one word was enough to put dread into the hearts of trillions. "But I have a plan. It may take a little time, but I promise you, you'll survive this one way or another." She was going to be practicing the use of the Essence Transfer ability soon. Perhaps, if she was able to successfully transfer her essence from one body to another, she could do the same thing for Tai'ko. It would be hard and painful, but it would keep her alive, unlike Ven.

"You'll be okay, Tai'ko. I promise."

"Oh..." A soft sigh escaped delicate lips. Pale lids descended over blue eyes, signaling a moment of much-needed rest. "Guess there was a price for saving you after all." Vanessa laughed, giving her friend a goofy little grin. Inside she was about to cry. But she'd never let Circe know that. Especially not now. They both had to be strong. Well, the sicker of the two had to be the strongest, of course. "Maybe... maybe it would be better to let go... To just... sleep again. Dream a thousand dreams... In the dream land, time is endless. I'd never die there..." Another fragile smile and forced laughter followed her words.

"Yes you would. One day, you'd stop dreaming. And you'd be dead." She paused. "How would you like to be my daughter, Tai? I know of one way you can survive. It'll be difficult, but I know for a fact that it'll work. As you can see from my current state, after all." She chuckled, giving a soft snicker as she ran a hand down Vanessa's arm. "It'll be okay."

"I promise."

The funny thing is... she wouldn't realize she had stopped dreaming. It would just be over. She'd just be 'sleeping' for longer than usual. So maybe that's not funny. Depressing, really. But Vanessa- well, Tai- had thought it was good enough to give it a shot. "Be your daughter?... Circe, you're only a decade older than me. Wouldn't that be a little... strange?" Of course she had no issue with living with a rich, attractive lady. Though usually when she'd imagined that, she was living with a girlfriend or wife, not her adoptive mother. And in those dreams she wasn't dying from cancer.

[member="Taitos Vin the Vengeful"]

"Not really." She smiled. "I would be perfectly fine with having you as a part of the family. I love you like a daughter, Vanessa. That's the most important thing." Moving over, she gave Vanessa a soft hug.

If she only knew it would be the girl's last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom