Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rest in Peace - Republic Dominion of New Holstice

New Holstice.

Kana set foot upon the monument’s base. A glowing beam, a pillar of memory moths which had been erected in the memory of the jedi who had died since the forming of the old republic. Each moth carrying the names whispered to them in a harmonic choir of whispers of jedi past. One day perhaps her name would be here too and whispered for coming generations, but not in a good long while.

This was a hospital world. People of all races, species and genders came here seeking refuge from the on-going crisis. Problem was that the disappearing act had affected this planet as well. Doctors and nurses which had previously been invaluable had turned into thin air.

That’s why the Republic was here. To help.

At least most of them. Some were here to rest themselves. A crisis such as this was as good of a time as any to get some well-deserved moments to oneself. Still, there were indeed the looming threats of local gangs looking to raid hospitals for easy drug fixes.

That’s also why the Republic was here, in a sense. To prevent that.

Objectives here will be open, but here are some suggestions:

1. Rest up and spend some time going over your character, have them reflect on the event.

2. Discuss the disappearances of people and try to figure out what is going on.

3. Take care of thieves trying to invade hospitals

4. Root out said thieves

5. Have the army personnel run check ups on equipment to see what needs repairs.

6. Do whatever you want, make your own objective if you want.

What's most important here is that you as a writer have some fun! If you want to take care of some bandits trying to take meds from a hospital then do so! If you want to have pirates appear in space and battle them, then do so!

Dominions get really boring if you follow a strict objective list. Just this once I want to see what happens if the objectives are free for the players to come up with.

Just make sure it relates to the recent (and on-going) event somehow.

There were a lot of people in the hospital. Despite all the disappearances... there were probably still hundreds. Doctors, Nurses, patients, all sorts of people. Even some visitors. The halls were simply buzzing a little quieter than usual. But the place was still as alive as ever. People rushed back and forth, left and right, running all over the place. Galaxy-wide panic wasn't enough to stop these people from doing their jobs. They still had lives to save. And if those who had vanished weren't going to come back... then it was more important than ever to keep the survivors alive. It wasn't the time to ignore the plea of the sick, the dying, the critically injured. Everyone worked very much like nothing had changed since a week ago. Watching them go about their business was a mix of unsettling and refreshing. To see them ignore such tragedy... but prevent a thousand more... Maybe it was more beautiful then painful. At least for most of those who gathered in the building. There were a lot of people in the hospital, but to Svarin Wolfbane, it felt emptier than anywhere else ever had.

Just a month ago one of these beds had been filled with a joyous mother and her son. A small complication had forced them to get check ups every once in awhile. Even when the boy was nearing a year old. The duo hadn't really minded. It was a nice looking planet, plus there were plenty of other youngsters staying there. They got to play with the others while waiting for test results. In the evenings they would watch the sunset with the biggest grins you'd ever see. A soft laugh would escape the child's lips every time. He never seemed to get bored of those gorgeous colors... neither did his mother, really. But her bed was vacant. His crib sat abandoned. Silvia Noimare had died in combat approximately twelve hours ago. Her son, Eridan Noimare, had disappeared in the original disaster. Everywhere they were supposed to be was a blank space. A void without meaning. Seeing the gaps hurt. Realizing that you couldn't hear their sounds or see their sights felt like a sucker punch to the gut. And every moment it got worse. There wasn't a single second where it felt better.

The air felt thick and Rin couldn't take it. She left without realizing she still held Eridan's stuffed bantha...
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwQ1GXxKqQE[/media]

I remembered this planet from a very long time ago. My parents brought me here when I was caught in a engine explosion and I spent the next month in a bacta tank. I remember the other patients that would tell stories about different adventures and how they had gotten hurt. I enjoyed them though I new that most of them were made up but it was fun just listening to them.

Anyways it chaos down here from riots to pirates and from shooting and looting. I couldn't get a accurate number of Jedi and other republic personnel but we had to protect as many as we could. The commander brought up a display of ten major hospitals and thirty minor research stations and medical triage centers. He then said "I am short on men at the moment with about 200 trooper that reported in the last week..its not looking good".

I placed my hand on my chin and said "Have your men set up perimeters around all major hospitals. All the men you have left have them arrest looters and pirates. Only shoot when it is necessary and remember we are here to help people". With that the man saluted and walked off to relay the orders and request reinforcements. Within the next twenty minutes dropships lifted off the ground moving to there next location.

After being freed from the other world, Elizie witnessed what’s been happening to the galaxy while she was gone. The galaxy wasn’t the best place to live before, but with half of its citizens vanishing overnight, it became much worse. The entire system started falling apart. Many planets suddenly lacked much of their law-enforcement, which led to riots. Whether people wanted to find their loved ones or to use the opportunity and rob an empty story, every city was in dire need of some real law. Jedi and whatever remained from the Republic had to act quickly; if these riots spread too much, the law-abiding citizens might as well take up their arms and subject others to their law. That would do no good, the Republic had to make its presence known, despite the fact its forces have already been spread thin. It truly was a terrible time to live in this galaxy; Republic or One Sith, both struggled desperately to keep their government together. Far worse than any superweapon; those affected only a few planets, not an entire galaxy. Pilots disappeared from transport shuttles, leaving the ships helplessly floating in space, or worse, crashing into a planet, along with all of the passengers (un)lucky to not disappear.

One might thing this would be a perfect time for all factions to put their differences aside and work together, for the good of their citizens, right?

Send rescue teams through one of the portals, bring the lost people back?

Perhaps finally open peace talks?

Put their heads together and try to find out what happened, how to prevent it from happening again?

Of course not!

Much to Elizie’s disappointment, everyone used the fact most planets lacked in defences due to the unfortunate event to invade said planets, one by one, bringing even more chaos to the galaxy than before, even more death and suffering. More local governments have been overthrown in the last few hours than in the last year. It became harder to recognize the Republic, find a significant difference from the One Sith. After what happened to her on Alderaan after exiting the portal, Elizie became even more depressed upon seeing the state of the galaxy. The Force did not work properly, the Light Side refused to hear her pleas, the Dark Side grew incredibly strong with the massive amounts of deaths happening everywhere. Maybe she should have stayed in the hellish place with pools of boiling blood. But alas, she was a Jedi; even though she found herself doubting that fact.

Her faith in the Code wavered. The Arkanian happened to be on the planet of New Holstice, just like her fellow Jedi, supposed to be stopping thieves of medical supplies or something. Instead of that, she found herself in front of the Jedi Monument, staring at the pillar of light. Sitting in a cross-legged position, she wanted to connect to the Light Side again, find peace. She couldn’t. Do her duty or feel the Light Side. The pressure was too much. Her inexperience, combined with the recent whirlwind of events, from the invasion of Kashyyk to all other invasions, the lack of the Force, the Force acting weird, the Light Side rejecting her, the murder of Republic soldiers,… Her thoughts chaotically swirled and she could not find a way to stop it from happening. She was tired. Worried. Weak. No longer she found solace in the Code. The strong and dutiful Jedi devoted to the Code fell apart, her shell broken, leaving a broken woman. She knew she had to pull herself together, do her duty, help the innocents… But on the other hand, she wished to travel to Arkania, see her family, her people, see if they were alright and well. One lone tear escaped her eye and rolled over her cheek before parting with her face and shattering on the stone under her.

Uri moved next to Elizie kneeling on one knee beside her. His hand gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. That was the best he could do with the current situation. He knew what she was trying to do. It was what he was trying to do before he entered that horrible placed and retrieved her. He spent so long meditation trying to find the problem with the force but never could figure out what was wrong with it. He hadn't meditated since arriving back in the galaxy. He didn't much feel like it anyhow. He didn't expect it to change in the short time he was in there. He glanced up an looked at the pillar of light.

"The light side of the force is still here," he whispered to her believing this with his heart. "It's just having trouble shining."

[member="Elizie Adasca"]

Kian made his way toward the monument. From the distance he could see the glowing memory moths and his breath caught in his throat as they came into view. Kian hadn't ever seen the memorial before and it was a thing of beauty. He slowed his steps as he approached, watching as the glowing moths fluttered about, leaving trails of light in their wake.

Crossing his arms over his chest, Kian gazed up at the monument for several long silent minutes. There were a number of thoughts flashing through his mind as he beheld the beauty of the monument and then he turned and walked towards a small room to the side of the monument. There was a women there and Kian approached her bowing his head.

"I'm Jedi Master Kian Karr. I need two." Kian said, his voice not betraying the tightness he felt in his gut.

"Of course." The women said sadly and walked out of sight. In a few moments she came back with two small glass cylinders, each holding a single memory moth. "You'll need to tell them the name before releasing them. And I'm sorry for the loss of more Jedi." She added, and Kian could feel she meant it. It made him feel a little guilty....they weren't Jedi he was commemorating here

Walking up to the releasing ports, Kian brought the first container up to his mask, placing the vent near his masks vocalizer. "Aria Karr." Kian said quietly and placed the tube into the port. Bringing the other up to his mouth, Kian whispered, "Plo Karr." And likewise placed it into a release port. Pushing the release, Kian watched as the two moths fluttered out of the containers and into the larger tank that served as the monument. They both crossed each others' flight path several times and then seemed to fall in step together. It made Kian smile and he stepped back to watch them.

He knew they weren't Jedi and that he had just broken a rule....but he didn't care. He knew that those memory moths would live forever, and that someday when he had passed his would be added to the tank and join them in that place of eternity.

[member="Kana Truden"]​

Corvus sat and reflected on the past few weeks. It seemed every day they were being asked to help out a different planet and the hustle and bustle hadn't given anyone the chance to reflect on what was going on. Being a Jedi she was honour bound to serve the Republic - that's what Jedi do after all. But to forget the casualties along the way just felt wrong.

And she wondered about her sisters too. With the Force the way it was - it was difficult to be sure if they were still alive. The Bond to her elder sister [member="Darth Arcanix"] had fragmented about the time this all happened. Initially alarmed, she'd put it down to the current situation - but that didn't allow her to sleep any easier. In fact she'd hardly slept since it all began. So she cat-napped when she could and wondered what would happen if the current blip with the Force was in fact permanent? She was a Jedi - first, foremost and only. She couldn't imagine a life other than this one.

And yet a small part of her wished it were permanent. So she could try to be Corvus once more. The young woman with the dresses still in their wrappers - yet to be worn other than to be tried on.

As she sat on a bench outside the hospital, sleep took her. It would only be a temporary respite - but a welcome one.

Kian watched the memory moths as long as he could, until they finally faded into the mass of light that was the other memory moths. So many Jedi.....so much death. Kian considered those he had seen die, their faces forever burned into his memory. Finally turning to walk away Kian caught a glimpse of [member="Kana Truden"] and walked toward her. He wasn't sure what she was doing here and didn't want to interrupt anything, but he thought he would touch base with her before wandering off.

"Hello Kana." Kian said walking toward her. They hadn't had much time to speak with all the things that had been happening lately. They were all so busy trying to secure the Republic's borders and smooth over the civil unrest that had settled over many planets in the wake of the vanishings.

"Its beautiful here isn't it." Kian said glancing back over his shoulder at the memorial behind him. He wondered how many of the names carried on for eternity by those moths were names he knew.

'Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs

Corvus awoke from her short sleep and felt the discomfort in her neck from lying at an odd angle. As she did, she pulled the Force to her - part of her hoping it would be as it used to be and it would be sit used to be. The other part of her was praying it had gone.

No Force meant no distinction between the Jedi and the Sith. Sure there would be governments to fight fore - but the basis of the enmity that forced their to be a division between her and her sisters would be eliminated instantly.

Nothing to kill or die for.

She imagined a world where the sisters would be united. Where they could come and go as they pleased. To be like any normal family. She’d spent ten minutes with her younger sister and an afternoon with her elder sister. In her entire life. Was she a dreamer? Yes - but then she had the motivation to be one.

About twenty minutes later I got the all clear signal from most if not all the troops in the assigned area. They were secure and fighting pirate forces as we speak. I turned my head over to the commanding officer and said "Get a speeder prepped and ready in five..im moving out". He was about to walk away but he turned back and said "May I ask where you are going...sir". I looked at him with expression then it turned into a one of solace then I replied with "I'm going to pay respects to old friend and a great master".

He nodded then returned to his duties. As he walked away I followed the command center door down to the hanger then got on the speeder to the monument.

She took a deep breath. “Yeah, it’s beautiful.”

“You almost forget that out there;” Kana pointed for the skies. “There is a whole galaxy that has just disappeared without a trace.”

It was the bitter truth wasn’t it? Nobody seemed to have any real idea what the hell was going on. Only that people were gone and it had made life difficult. That somewhere, somehow, there is a whole galaxy of people wondering where they are. Hell, it was pretty easy to forget that just behind them was a whole world of hospitals and medicine which was severely understaffed.

She had helped them, but without the force she hesitated. Someone died and if truth was to be told she had fled the scene. [member="Adele Adonai"] might have told her that she couldn’t save all, but perhaps not every lesson had stuck.

“I tried to help them out to the best of my abilities, but I failed.” A defeated look set for the moths as they lit up the area around her and [member="Kian Karr"]. “I tried to heal the wound of a man through the force today, but something went wrong. I mean, I did everything as I always do yet the wound just got worse before he passed out from the pain.”

She sighed, again. “Kian, do you think things will go back to normal soon?”

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Alarice Mollari"]

The latest campaigns had not been bloodless, and so using Kolto from Manaan the Republic was transferring its wounded and sick from hospital ships to the facilities on New Holstice.

The Admiral however had little thoughts of health and relaxation, though perhaps he should have. Rather he was working at a frenetic pace to bring about some new changes.

The most important change he was looking at was a new breed of Destroyer to take advantage of lessons learned in the war with the One Sith. The most important development of these wars were three-fold, and thus he had three new ships planned to fill the void.

The one he was looking at right now was perhaps the most esoteric and unusual of them all. It was codenamed by him and his researchers Maelstrom, and it would embody the lessons he had learned from this war.

The Maelstrom would be a Destroyer, and like the Avenger class it would be heavily armed. However, the armaments would be differently geared, for although the Avenger was partly focused on long range, it also had a good deal of firepower devoted for close-in work. The Maelstrom would be different, focussing almost exclusively on long range firepower to bombard an enemy from a distance.

Using advanced targeting algorithms it could accurately pound capital ships from a range few could return fire from, and would be able to move rapidly if needed. Downsides of course were readily apparent; reduced hull plating, lack of close weapons, fewer weapons in general. And yet the Admiral believed it was viable.

Only time would tell.

Corvus Raaf said:
Corvus awoke from her short sleep and felt the discomfort in her neck from lying at an odd angle. As she did, she pulled the Force to her - part of her hoping it would be as it used to be and it would be sit used to be. The other part of her was praying it had gone.

Corvus would find that she wasn't alone in her bed.

No, she would find that there was another body laying there next to her. Bright purple hair and ruby eyes would shine down with notable amusement.

"Sleep well, pumpkin?" her body was ethereal in nature, " Your sisters are waiting. "

The use of the Force by Corvus would be paid in a most interesting of manners. Her sisters? Her family?

Well guess what? Corvus would now see every person she interacted with as if they were her family come to life.

Every female she would interact with would have the image of one of her younger and elder sister.

Feeling the pat on her shoulder, Elizie turned her gaze towards her fellow Padawan before shifting her attention back to the monument. She saw Master Karr and Master Truden, but paid them no attention. She had to overcome this alone. Her mere presence should bring hope into hearts that needed it the most, but what if her own heart lacked any hope? She was a broken Jedi. While nowhere near to falling to the Dark Side or even coming close to it, Elizie could not understand why has the Light Side abandoned her, the Jedi Order, everyone. Weren’t they worthy of its guidance? Too selfish, too arrogant, too strayed from the Code? The Arkanian’s lips soundlessly repeated the Jedi Code, reciting it over and over, hoping for the Light Side to listen again. Nothing.

“Perhaps we are undeserving of its light?” Elizie questioned, her milky white gaze observing the column of energy, watching the moths flying around. It was a beautiful, yet sad sight. When one realized each moth symbolized a dead Jedi, when one understood the majority of them were not even here, forgotten for all eternity as if they never existed...

[member="Uri Aureleos"]

As I reached the monument on my speeder it was the blindingly bright moths that lit the night sky. It was beautiful even if the symbolism was less than desirable. I hopped off my speeder and as I walked the steps I saw padawans and masters alike saddened by the disruption of the force and other matters. As I reached the top step I motioned over to the caretaker of the moths for one capsule. She nodded and went into a small building.

A few seconds she returned with a moth that was a medium size compared to some in there. I whispered the name "Maria Natalja" to the moth then released the capsule into the tank where the rest were stored. I lit up and I watched it for a few minutes before it flew into the big group. I walked over to the steps and looked out over the city then I said "The force can't be gone since....if it binds the universe together then we would all be in complete and utter chaos. That means that the force isn't gone but just..faded".

OBJECTIVE: Come to terms with your insanity
MUSIC: My Demons by Starset
----------
They had knocked her out. How else would they have managed to get her Chaos-induced-rage to stop? Someone with her medical state couldn't afford to go through with something like that. After a bit of time they had been able to transport her to here- New Holstice. A hospital planet was just where she needed to be at the moment. Here she could get treatment, have her most recent wounds be sealed up, and get a few moments of relaxation. After going through hell... Nyx had come out worse for the wear. Her arms were torn all over, burned around the edges. One of her ribs had barely avoided being broken when she fell out of the rift. When she had gone to wipe the blood from her eyes... It was safe to say her forehead had ended up pretty bad looking. Cut up, scratched, bloody as could be. Somehow the docs had managed to patch her up fairly well. But she was still covered in bandages. They had scheduled a bacta treatment for her in... about five minutes. What they hadn't expected was for her to wake up so soon. Really, they should have put her into a drug-coma. At least that way they could keep her monitored. With their reduced staff...

It was easy for her to sneak out.

Then again it had always been easy for her to go unseen. A talented girl like her hiding in the background... hmm. Some might find it odd. But it felt perfectly natural to her. Keeping to the shadows helped her relax. Maybe that was why she decided to leave the hospital in the first place. It was to bright in there. Even for her half-blind right eye. Being out in the shade, strolling through the grounds, was a far better alternative. There she could think freely about what had happened. About how she had attacked innocent people for no good reason. She thought of the feeling of her borrowed blade cutting into their flesh, tearing someone in half like it hadn't meant a thing. Then she bore her hands into fists, nails digging into her palms, all while holding back a sob. Gods damn it all! She though, knowing fully well that the poison wasn't the only thing to at blame. If she had just taken a second to collect herself... if her dreams hadn't been plaguing her so much lately... Or maybe if she had taken the right meaning from them. Maybe then she wouldn't have let the poison get to her. Maybe there wouldn't be another dozen counts of blood on her hands.

Drapeam Nyx looked at them, expecting every digit to be stained with the crimson liquid, and frowned. But they were clean. Only a smidgen of dirt could be found under her claw-like nails. Everything else was clean. Even if they were bandaged (and in the case of one, stitched) they were clean. It was stupid... but she didn't like that fact. No, she wanted her deeds to be clear. She wanted everyone to see that she had let the dark side win. When the world needed heroes the most... she had turned into a villain. Sure, she had the sense knocked back into her now. That still didn't erase the memories of her tearing someone apart. Nor did it clear her consciousness. The Zorren had done wrong again. She didn't unclench her fists until she was certain that she had drawn blood. Feeling it drip down her fingers was oddly refreshing. This was her way of punishing herself. Worse things were to come, of course. Perhaps the Republic would stop treating her illness. Maybe they'd ban her from their territory. She'd earned it. Letting such a stupid thing get to her like it had...

But the worst of the consequences were going to come from herself. There was no way that she was going to simply let this slide. Not even close. The woman was not going to forgive herself until she had saved ten times as many people as she had harmed. Not until she had made peace with the victim's families, let them beat her to near death, and given their kin a hope for the future. Nyx was going to atone for her sins the only way she knew how: By letting the galaxy beat it out of her. Just like her own step-mother had done when she embarrassed the Nyxai. Just like when she had failed to impress an Imperial guest. And just like the way her father had nearly killed her when she was found drunken in a ditch. For the next month she wouldn't fight back against slaps or sucker punches. No. She'd just let them hit her. Because she had earned it. At least she could hold her head high after each hit, saying to every person: "I've had worse, darling. I've had worse."

She wandered around the complex for awhile, pausing here and there to admire a flower or hide from a passing doctor. It wasn't until she saw a familiar face that she even considered coming out of the shadows. Off in the distance was the one person she might just call a friend of sorts. And someone who had the most reason out of everyone to be disappointed in her: [member="Corvus Raaf"]. The woman seemed... sad. Or maybe worried. It's not like Nyx was an expert at reading facial cues. Even with the Empire's training she had only ever been great at telling if people were lying. Now she was being faced with an interesting situation: Speak to her acquaintance, maybe earn a few points towards forgiveness, but risk messing up horribly, or leave the woman to her own devices. There was also the issue of her scheduled treatment. It was supposed to start nearly ten minutes ago. Hmm. They'd probably start looking for her soon... if they hadn't already. Talking to someone else, especially one as important as a Headmaster, could give her an excuse for missing the session...

It was settled. She'd kill two birds with one stone.
Quietly she started to walk over to Corvus, doing her best to keep quiet, a blank expression pasted on her face.
The concern in her eyes was obvious.
----------
EQUIPMENT: Stolen red lightsaber x1
INJURIES: Burned + cut arms, scratches on forehead, sprained ankle, sore shoulder, bruised rib, poisoned.
NOTES: Nyx will be focusing on Character Development for this thread.

"No." Kian said after a long pause, his eyes narrowed and his voice soft as his mind searched for a more comforting answer. He couldn't though and knew him well enough that he doubted she would believe him if he gave her an insincere platitude. "Not soon." Kian added and finally turned his attention fully to his friend.

"But eventually we will either learn to live with things the way they are or they will get better." Kian didn't like the prospect of it staying this way, but didn't think it would. "I for one believe that this will be sorted out eventually, but the effect of it will be felt for a long time to come."

"And just because we try to help doesn't always mean we can." Kian said smiling sadly beneath his mask. "Jedi have some impressive skill sets.....but we are far from perfect." Kian said chuckling a bit to himself. He went silent for a few moments, considering the failures he'd met throughout his time with the order. Once more his mind wandered to the netherworld.....to that place of darkness.

"Kana," Kian asked hesitantly, "what did you see in the.....place....whatever you call it. When you woke up there, what did you see? What did you hear?"
[member="Kana Truden"]​

Kayleigh sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes as she adjusted to the blackness surrounding her. Fingertips raised and massaged her temple as she tried to understand what was waking her up at such a senseless time in the middle of the night. Despite everything she had endured thus far, she was still no closer to answering the question of just what the feth happened with the galaxy? The blonde leaned over the bed and outstretched an arm into the tendrils of darkness, reaching for the bottle of water she had left there just hours before. The liquid felt incredible to the harsh and dry wasteland that had become her mouth over the course of her slumber.

I need a vacation. From everything.

The water bottle was replaced back on to the nightstand as her body twisted back around to lay on her right side. Despite being unbearably tired, her body had become so adjusted to having next to zero sleep, actually forcing herself to employ a full night rest became a gauntlet of sorts, wrestling with her own inner conscious to fight the urge to remain awake. This is absurd. I can't sleep. I'm dying to sleep. Why must you fight me?! Just SLEEP.

45 minutes passed, and still she was no closer to her goal. Surrendering defeat she rose from her bed and put on her casual clothes. Perhaps a walk will help tire me back to sleep. The girl reached for her blaster as she opened the doorway to leave, but recalled her hand and left it where it was. She was too tired to care about self-defense. A point to which was confirmation that she desperately needed sleep, lest she risk her body ceasing to function.

As she walked along the quiet hallways of the temporary Navy HQ, she looked down at her datapad in a half-hearted attempt to read through some notes that [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] had sent over regarding a new design for a ship. At the moment however, her brain was fried beyond comprehension, and even the overwhelming curiosity that loomed over her consciousness had to be put in its place, as she was simply in no condition to dive into schematics tonight. Perhaps tomorrow. She tapped a few times on the datapad to set a reminder to meet with him the following day, if time permitted.

Undeserving of its light? Uri stopped to ponder it for a second the snorted and snickered. He didn't mean to laugh or do it to be mean to Elizie. He couldn't help it however. He found the statement so unbearably true. The snort was almost his defense for it. "Of course we are undeserving. Who isn't? Master Karr? Master Corvus?" He used his hand to balance then tucked his leg under his knee as he sat down. In a moment of whimsy, he nudged her shoulder with his own. "That's what makes the light side of the force so great. We aren't perfect beings. We will make mistakes and yet the light still finds us and give us solace. Maybe not exactly how we expect however."

Uri switched in between looking at the pillar and looking at her. For a second he wished he could read her mind and know exactly how to comfort her. He didn't like to see his friend in so much pain. She tired to hide it but he still knew. He was there after all. He saw everything she had, and went through the same murderous rage. "A wise teacher once told me not to doubt the force. She said, 'Have no doubt. Doubt leads to failure.' If I doubt the light side of the force then I have given up on it. I will allow it to fail and in turn I will fail," He sighed shaking his head and wishing in his mind that things were simpler.

"I do not wish you to fail so I won't doubt you either. I've got you," Uri said the last statement in a broad term. He planned simple to be there if she needed a friend or to guard her back if she needed an extra defense in a tough situation. "You don't have to face this alone, El-... Padawan Adasca."

[member="Elizie Adasca"]

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Alarice Mollari"]

Exhaustion too was a factor for Admiral Stahlmann. For however long it’d been since this nightmare had begun he’d gotten almost no rest.

Still, there were things to do. His ship design was quite innovative, he thought. He planned to have very heavy weapons installed in turrets on the top and bottom of the superstructure. This would give them a 270 degree arc of fire, as well as being able to fire from 0-90 degrees up and down.
His plan also included the use of broadside batteries, but they were batteries which could cover 180 degrees, plus substantial up and down elevations.
The aim was to create an artillery ship with long range, powerful weapons, and the speed to stay out of range. If it did get into range of course…well, it would be wise to have supporting vessels.

Taking the latest design on his datapad, the Admiral sat and made changes. However, as he did, tiredness finally overcame him and he slept, not waking until the bell for the watch change dinged a full 6 hours later.
Rubbing his eyes, the Admiral sighed. At least he felt a bit better now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom