Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Resnekar

Status
Not open for further replies.
8l4M9Zc.png

R̙̝̭͕͚̳̘̤͇e̺̮̠̪̗̯ṣ̗n̮̤e̞k̞͚͎͉̳̻a̺̯̪͇̞̦͙̫͍ṟ̺͎̯̠̫͖

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide Panatha with a large predator.
  • Image Credit: Pond Demon by Luca Nemolato
  • Canon: N/A.
  • Links: Panatha Old Sub(x) New Sub(x) Canon(x)
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Resnekar
  • Designation: Semi-sentient
  • Homeworld: Panatha
  • Language: N/A, communicates in various hisses.
  • Average Lifespan: 60 GSY
  • Estimated Population: Rare, only two groups of around a hundred remain.
  • Description: At first glance, the size of the creature would overwhelm anyone who was in its presence. Being a reptile its scales would slither across the ground, with a distinct smell to them, almost sour. Their scale colors can range from a dark black to a dark red. Usually remaining dark, to blend in with their terrain. If it were to attack it would open its mouth showing four mandibles.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average height of adults: 3.5 Meters
  • Average length of adults: 25.5 Meters
  • Skin color: Black, Green, Tan, Red, Purple.
  • Hair color: N/A.
  • Distinctions: On Panatha the only two regions you would find these creatures would either be in the Blackmoor Marsh or the Lasian Riverlands. With the Blackmoor Marsh sub-species, defined by a dorsal fin across the top of the creature. The only way to tell the gender of the creature would be to probe it and is rarely ever performed.
  • Races:
- Resnekai(Blackmoor Marsh)
- Resnekar(Lasian Riverlands)
  • Strengths:
+ Predator; The creature is cunning, being able to outsmart its opponent.

+ Venomous; It's four fang-like mandibles inflict deadly venom into its prey's body, rendering them paralyzed allowing it swallow them whole. Being able to paralyse a standard humanoid within a few seconds of the initial bite, however if the creature does not consume the prey in 5 minutes or so, it will regain the ability to move.

+ Power; The strength of the creature, can wrap itself around almost anything and crush it.
  • Weaknesses:
+ Fire; The Resnekar will run from fire, fleeing at the sight of it.

+ Hindsight; Being so large, the creature is unable to watch any part of itself behind its head.

+ Easily tracked; due to its pungent smell it gives off.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore, strictly eating meat.
  • Communication: Hisses, being able to release the sound in order to warn its own species they're entering its territory in their lair.
  • Technology level: The only remaining group has constructed a burrow/lair, but they're unable to advance further than that.
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A.
  • General behavior: The entirety of the Snakes life is built on hunting for food, and feeding themselves. Due to their limit numbers, they will literally breed with any of their species at any chance in order to expand their numbers. Usually dragging the food back to their lair, before devouring it. It is possible to tame the Resnekar, however difficult it may be.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The creature has existed almost as long as the Epicanthix species themselves, however, the creature later developed and began hunting the Epicanthix. Through technological advancements, the Epicanthix was able to retaliate and almost wipe the Resnekar from the face of Panatha. However they were merely in hiding growing in numbers, more recently appearing and frightening the creatures of Panatha with his ginormous size.

There are tales of one Epicanthix who defended the Resnekar and managed to tame one of them, through years of bonding with one. It has not been done since.

[member="Venthis Zambrano"]

big snek.

Hi there. I've got a few questions that need clarification and then I'll get on to stamping this approved. I see no glaring issues that need to be corrected and the strengths/weaknesses look good as well.

Venthis Zambrano said:
Stalking its prey for days.
I find it odd that this giant snake can be stealthy. It's 3.5m (11.4ft) tall and 25.5m (83.6ft) in length. Even without force sensitivity or the various techno-doodads in the galaxy, I don't think it would be hard for someone to notice this thing. The Resnekar's various nonsentient and semi-sentient prey may fall to this tactic but I believe a being with average perception would notice an 83ft long snake tailing him.

Some options: Either offer an argument with some backing to keep this in play, edit out the stealth factor, or drop the size dimensions to make being stealthy plausible.

Venthis Zambrano said:
It's four fang-like mandibles inflict deadly venom into its prey's body, rendering them paralyzed allowing it swallow them whole.

About how long does it take to paralyze a being? Just gimme a ballpark time for your average humanoid.

And that's about it. Double check this stuff for me and we'll be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom