Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Residency

Amani chuckled dryly, "Maybe so," She reached out to take the sapphire back, reaffixing it to her necklace, "But I'm incredibly proud of you, Shan. Few padawans would be able to maintain as you have even with the sapphire. You've done a great deed. And you have great promise as a healer."

The Knight stood up, stretched, and offered a hand out to him, "But our work's not done, either. You ready to find our culprits?" She would help him up, and gesture to the door, "I think checking the other side of the lake is our best starting point." And effectively their only lead.

Shan just gave a small bow of his head as Amani said she was proud of him, a small smile spreading across his face. "Thank you Ma'am. Healing and health has always been a passion of mine. I want people to live peacefully with each other, and they can't do that if they're sick." Whilst he was looking forward to resting for a bit, he knew their job wasn't done as he grabbed Amani's hand to get up to his feet, before brushing himself down once more.

And with that, he headed out of the door and prepared to get to the lake. Keeping his eyes open to glance around however for anything that seemed out of the ordinary in the village just in case. If his theory was right about whoever caused this was keeping an eye on the village, it could mean they were being watched right now...and he really didn't like the idea of ththat.

Amani dipped her head in return, "I looked forward to seeing your growth," Then, she spun around, and waved for him to follow, "For now, let's finish this."

Most patients were still in recovery, but already the weight of this blight seemed to have been lifted from the town. Outside, the Snivvian elder was conversing with a group of relieved looking villagers. He spun around, and stretched out his arms, "You two have granted us a miracle. I think I speak for the whole town when I say, you have our undying gratitude," Those behind him seemed to agree, but the Snivvian then wringed his hands nervously, "But… I-I'm afraid we don't have much else we can offer in return. Our credits are few, and our resources-"

"Keep them," Amani raised a palm, "We didn't do this for payment. You called for aid, and we came. We're just happy to have helped."

The elder looked between them blankly, taken aback by the unshackled charity. Then, he chuckled, "Oh— Bless you! Bless you both!" He pulled them both into a hug, snorting with joy all the while. Amani returned the embrace a bit awkwardly, but replied with a more serious tone.

"We're not done just yet. We want to investigate the cause behind all of this. You said there was evidence of other people on the far end of the lake?"

"Ah… that's right," The man nodded, and pointed that way, "I have a boat at the dock. It's small, but it'll get you there quicker than walking all the way around. Please, use it. It's the least we can do."

Amani turned that direction, sparing one more look back at the elder, "If we find who did this. We'll bring them to justice." She looked at Shan next, "Ready?"

The walk to the dock was short. It was a small, ramshackle pier, and the boat in question was a simply dinghy, rocking back and forth in the gentle waters. Amani stepped in first, and spent a bit too long trying to figure out the function of the motor, "These things aren't exactly my forte," She admitted with a sheepish chuckle. Once Shan was on board however, they broke away from the dock, lurching as the engine sputtered to life and carried them away.

Shan hopped on off after Amani to make sure he wasn't left behind in the village. He knew Amani wouldn't do that, but that didn't mean he was willing to stay here for longer than they needed to. They needed to deal with the water as soon as they could, so they couldn't risk another outbreak happening, though at least the villagers knew that the water was causing it now.

Even though Amani had already rejected the reward, Shan felt like he should speak up as well, so he wasn't just following Amani's lead completely. "The health and wellbeing of your people are reward enough for me. As long as you are healthy and safe, that is what matters to me. Though whilst you're healthy, until we find out who caused this, you might not be safe." Shan lowered his head, before wrapping his arms the elder as they were pulled into an embrace. Whilst Amani might have been a bit more awkward about it, Shan was content with the hug. It was nice to get recognition for their work, but Shan knew it wasn't something he should be always looking for. Sometimes a Jedi's job would not get recognition and he was trying to take that in as soon as he could.

Though they were off towards the boat next with Shan letting out an awkward and nervous chuckle.
"Is this a bad time to tell you I'm not the greatest at swimming?" Whilst he meant it mostly as a joke, there was a large possibility that they might end up taking a dip into the water by accident. Everything from now on was going to be something potentially new to Shan and out of his comfort zone. Whilst healing was something he had always been good at, investigating was not a strong suit of his, but that didn't mean Shan wasn't going to try his best to learn.

To try and make sure he wasn't going to upset the balance of the dinghy too much, Shan sat himself down in the middle of it, and tried to keep his eyes open for anything that have been watching them...Though he shook his head at that, and tried to see if he could sense anything watching from the distance. There was always a chance that his eyes wouldn't be able to see what was there, so relying on his other senses would be a lot more applicable.

Amani grimaced, "Well, if this water is as contaminated as it seems to be, I don't think either of us want to be touching that any time soon," They were both non-human, after all. Hopefully this job wouldn't require them to take a dive in a poisoned lake. It was a rather large expanse, so to pass the time, Amani brought up their shared genetics, "Have you ever been to Mirial, Shan?" He had said he was from Nar Shaddaa, and thus like her, was not exactly a native-born of their peoples' homeworld.

As they got nearer to the shore, shapes began to form more apparently. As the sun continued to drop down below the horizon, details were difficult, but whatever it was wasn't human. Seemingly, the remnants of an old camp that had since been left behind. An old campfire. Logs that had been dragged out to the beach as seating.

Shan could agree with not wanting to touch the water. He liked his skin not to be necrotic as he kept himself sat in the middle of the dinghy. The farther away from the water he was, the more reassured he'd feel. Though he snapped out of his thoughts when Amani had asked if he had been to Mirial, causing the Padawan to shake his head. "I've never been. Neither have my parents, They spent most of their childhood on starships from what they told me." For Shan, he never saw this as something to be upset about however. Just because it was the Mirialan homeworld, didn't mean Shan saw it like that. "Have you ever been?"

As they started to get closer towards the camp, Shan was trying to see what he could notice. The campfire made think Shan feel like whoever did this must have left a while ago. It didn't seem to have any smoke coming from it, and it didn't look like it had been put out recently. That didn't mean they couldn't find any evidence to who had done it though, as he was getting himself ready to get off the dinghy, making sure his senses were alert and ready for anything that might jump out.

"I have," Amani nodded, "I wasn't born there, but I made the journey some years ago to try and reconnect with my family culture. It's a lovely little planet. It had more than it's share of hardships over the years, and it's a bit too cold for my tastes," A slight smirk, "But the people in my family's village were resolute, and good-hearted. Welcomed me as one of their own," Her smile turned more genuine at the thought.

Eventually they came up on the shoreline, the dinghy rolling up halfway onto the sand. The engine stopped, and suddenly it became much more quiet. Amani hopped off, a hand always near her saber just in case. The campsite was indeed old. Whoever left did so probably a week ago, if not longer, "They didn't seem worried about being caught," She mused. The setup was inconspicuous enough that they could probably get away with their plan undisturbed, "And they would have had plenty of time before the effects kicked in… So why leave this much evidence?"

Perhaps they wanted someone to find it. Or perhaps they just didn't care. Suddenly, Amani straightened up, sensing another presence from the treeline, "Do you feel that?"

"I don't really know if I have family left there..." Shan shrugged his shoulders at the thought of Mirial. Was he meant to feel like it was home? To him, it just felt like a planet, the same as the rest of the planets he had been on. Though it appeared that Amani had enjoyed her time there so maybe it could be worthwhile for him to try and visit the planet when he had time to do it, but for now the focus needed tot be on the mission.

He was careful whilst jumping off the dinghy, getting ready to check out the camp with a small frown on his face, taking in a look of the surroundings. It did seem true when Amani said that they didn't seem to be worried about getting caught which made sense. Very few people on the planet if any would have been able to figure out what had been going, and by the time someone who could have figured it out arrived, the perpetrators could have escaped...Yet everything was left here.
"Is it possible that something else got them? Or they're waiting for someone to come and find this place?"

Though at that question from Amani,, Shan felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up, as he jolted straight into a standing position and kept a hand on his side, glancing around. The treeline, something was there, but he couldn't quite figure it out as he kept a hand atop of his saber. "I feel it now..."

"My family left a long time ago. But the village they lived in is still there, and they were happy to oblige strangers," Amani shrugged, "If it ever spurs your interest one day, then I recommend giving it a shot. Even if just as a travel destination."

Their conversation was put on hold as they inevitably arrived at the other side of the lake. Amani was fully on guard, "Unlikely. There shouldn't be any apex wildlife this close to a settlement." Nothing quite added up. Until the Force warned them of a looming presence. Despite that, things remained quiet for a moment longer. Then, there was a loud shriek, and a flash of red. A lone blaster bolt fired from the treeline. In response, Amani ignited her saber in a flash, deflecting the shot just in time. She kept it raised, the blade illuminating the surrounding space in faint blue light, "Show yourself."

A tense beat passed, before the crunching of footsteps against grass and branches revealed a presence. A silhouetted emerged from the forest, until it became detailed by the light of Amani's saber. It was a human man, disguised by a mask that revealed only his eyes. He wore an stormtrooper chestplate, but was other dressed inconspicuously. "Well well, not just one Jedi. Two. Lucky me."

"I don't think so."
Amani replied, stepping halfway in front of Shan.

The masked man peered at them closely, "Two mirialans, no less? Huh. Long way from home."

"You presume wrong."

"Ain't that the problem." He raised his blaster pistol above his hip.

"You're an Imperial?" Amani pieced together.

"Was," He corrected, "Figured you should know better." The Empire was largely destabilized now. This man's bitter tone presumably stemmed from that.

"So what is all this, then? Awfully convoluted just to get at a few Jedi."

"It wasn't about you, not at first. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for some Alliance intervention. That invention being you two is just icing on the cake."

"A supremacist too, then."

The man just shrugged, not quite accepting or denying the title, "It's not gonna matter to you much longer. You might have put the town back together, but I'm taking my pound of flesh one way or another." He whistled, and suddenly a barrage of blaster bolts sprayed from the forest. Amani raised a Force barrier, absorbing the sudden attack before it could overwhelm them.

"You alright?" Amani muttered under the pressure, "Wait for their weapons to start overheating, then we can make a move!"

The sight of the blaster bolt caused Shan to raise his saber straight to his hand but before he could actually ignite it, Amani had already deflected the bolt away. His eyes watched as the bolt travelled away before he finally ignited his own saber, hurrying closer to Amani's side. He already felt sick to his stomach, Shan didn't even want to think about using his saber on someone living but he possibly wasn't going to have a choice on this. Whilst some padawans may have been impatient to get straight at the masked man, Shan stood his ground, digging his feet into the dirt and mud. Patience. That's what he needed.

As he listened to the man speak, Shan slowly started to pierce things together. The people who had poisoned the village were remnants of the Empire. They wanted revenge? To be seen as better? Those were things that Shan could never wrap his head around. Why was that worth causing pain to other people? Innocent people! He could perhaps understand if it was someone who had hurt the man...but it wasn't. These people were innocent and didn't deserve any of this! This man probably didn't even see them as people! He could feel himself starting to get angry at that thought...No. Calm down. Breathe. Don't let yourself get distracted. Shan shook his head, trying to snap out of it. He couldn't afford to let himself get angry right now. There wasn't enough information about what they were going against. Even if he did lash out at this man, there could be more waiting for them.

And it appeared he was right, as sudden barrage of blaster bolts came shooting from the treeline. Amani had already made a Force Barrier to protect them, but his eyes were darting through the treeline. Trying to see if he could find out where the shots were coming from and see who was firing but it was easier said than done. Instead he turned his head over towards Amani, giving a short nod.
"I-I'm alright...Just need to wait for them to overheat..."

Even as Shan said that, he was trying to come up with a plan. He could rush out to try and disarm them with his saber but that was still plenty risky...A small idea was forming in the back of his head on how to deal with the masked man. Whilst in the barrier, Shan just tried to focus on the treeline, focusing on one of the branches as he held out his hands. It probably wouldn't do a lot of damage...but if he used the Force to pull a branch off one of the trees and have it smack the man in front of them? Well. It could hurt at least!

Things had taken a dramatic turn for the worse. This sympathizer was only here to spread anguish for the sake of it, and he wasn't alone. Some of the attackers slowly pushed out from the treeline as their barrage continued, all wearing a similar outfit to their ringleader. Amani grit her teeth at the sight, but it ultimately helped make it clearer as to who they should target. Like so many before them, pride would be their downfall.

"Ready? I won't be able to maintain this much longer," Amani asked, "I'll do what I can to keep most of the attention on me." The pitch of blaster fire raised, and the barrels began to glow faintly from incessant use. Then a mechanical whine signaled their opportunity, "Now!" The bulk of their forces were forced to let their weapons cool down, which Amani immediately took advantage of. She dropped the barrier, pulling one of the shooters in front of her. Of the few still firing, one struck his friend who was now being used as a human shield. From behind her makeshift cover, Amani threw her saber out towards the next target, skewering him with the blade.

The rest of them began to spread out, hoping to find cover as their weapons charged back up. Some inadvertently putting themselves into a collision course with Shan. Amani pulled her saber back to her, the glowing plasma making for a tantalizing target in the dark environment. She deflected several more bolts, a few making their way back to their shooter. The ringleader was more well armed, and simply pulled out an additional blaster to continue his attack. But all the while he remained unaware of the padawan's current plan.

Shan would be lying if he said he wasn't afraid. More and more shots kept raining down onto the barrier Amani was holding up, as Shan held out a second hand in the direction of the tree he was focusing on. Trying to power through his fear and keep focus on his plan of attack. Luckily the barrage of shots was helping to disguise the slight cracking of the branch, as the wood was being splintered apart slowly but surely. He just needed a few more seconds to rip it off...

And then Amani let the barrier drop, causing Shan's fear to jump up again...but he had to stay focused. No way was he going to let anyone down because he was too scared. Though he could see a few of the troopers indirectly making their way over toward him, from the glowing red of their barrels. It was likely a coincidence since Amani was the only one who had her saber out but it did mean Shan would have to take his attention off the branch for a moment. His lightsaber could be a choice...but that would end up making him a target in the dark, so instead he shifted his focus from the tree branch to the troopers instead, trying to build up on the force. Conserve it into one big blast to knock them flat on the ground and then release it ahead of himself with a push.

After that push, Shan's eyes darted around in the dark, trying to spot where the Ringleader might have been. If it hadn't been for the Ringleader pulling out their second blaster, he might not have been able to spot the man but Shan's eyes narrowed on the man. With his heart racing, and his adrenaline running high, Shan held his hands out towards the branch once more, clenching his fists as he focused on pulling it. More and more cracks and splinters came from the branch before Shan yanked his hands back to pull the branch off its tree and send it hurtling toward the Ringleader.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

As soon as Amani found the space to move, she took off away from Shan, pulling the focus of the shooters along with her. She closed in, striking swiftly, and efficiently. In the darkness, against a trained Jedi, most of this rabble stood no chance. But as there weapons back to cool back down, the blaster fire picked up one more, albeit balanced out by the gradually diminshing number of shooters.

All of them were so focused on Amani, that they didn't notice Shan's surprise attack until it was far too late. A multitude of them were knocked down, relieving the pressure further. Then the ringleader himself succumbed to his lack of awareness. With a heavy thunk, he was knocked to the ground, disoriented and bordering on unconscious, "Guh… The kid… Find the kid!" He managed to sputter falteringly. Those closest heeded his words and expanded their focus, searching more closely, and taking shots at Shan, should they find him.

It was going to be harder for Shan to avoid the shooters now that they were going to be actively looking for him whilst dealing with Amani. He had to keep his eyes open to make sure he didn't trip or get near the water at the same time. He couldn't leave all of the fighting to Amani...but at the same time, Shan couldn't just start trying to kill the shooters. It might have been a matter of self defense...Though he had his own idea on how to deal with them in his own ways. Turning to the basics of Shii-Cho, he was determined not to be a burden right now for Amani.

And to add to the blue glow of Amani's saber, Shan ignited his own saber, a green glow illuminating the area. Though that wasn't the light Shan was focused on as he rushed forwards the various glowing blaster barrels he could see. Blaster deflection was still something he was focused on, occasionally slashing at bolts he saw coming in his direction. Deflection was something he was still working on, so he wasn't able to send them directly back to their source, but he was able to send his saber through a few blasters...and maybe occasionally the stray hand that was in the way but that was fine in Shan's eyes. Literal disarming was better than a loss of life...and who knows? Maybe it could be seen as a sign of karma for what they had done to the village. Partially in line with his beliefs in the force. The shooters had caused a negative effect to the village, and now they were feeling the repercussions for his actions.

Either way, Shan kept attempting to move through the dark. Disengaging his saber once he dealt with one shooter and then engaging it when he got close to another. Only focusing on blaster bolts when he had his saber ignited, using his Force Barrier in the meanwhile to keep himself covered. It would be good enough to deflect a shot or two in his way, but he wouldn't be able to handle a barrage of fire. He just had to focus on the Force and let it keep him alert and energised. Switching from an offensive strike, back to a defensive stance to keep himself safe. At least it was...practical experience at the end of the day?

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Shan's strategy of only igniting the blade when necessary was an effective one, making him difficult to track and keeping most of the focus on Amani, who remained a visible threat. And despite their numbers, their lack of prowess was gradually overpowered by the pair of Jedi. Blaster fire slowed as more of their gang was taken out of the fight, until eventually, only one remained.

The ringleader was firing on pistol at Amani, while the other was firing it practically every other direction, hoping to hit Shan. By the time Amani closed in, his weapons had overheated, creating faint red glows that stopped him from hiding himself. She stepped forward, the blue light revealing his figure more fully.

"It's over. Nice try, though." Should have tucked his tail and run after hurting the village. But he just had to stick around for the results, and bite off more than he could chew.

The man grunted, letting his hands droop to his sides. Amani pulled off his mask, revealing a human man, likely in his late thirties or early forties, with a short mohawk and thick stubble covering his face, "Damn Jedi. Where's the other greenie?"

Amani looked around, hiding a sudden feeling of concern, "Shan? Are you alright?" She still seemed to sense his presence, which was a good sign.

He dealt with as many of the shooters as he could have. None of them had a way to fight back after he basically disarmed them of their weapons or their literal arms. Down they had went until their ringleader was the last one left. Shan could feel the adrenaline running through his system as he tried to calm himself down. Amani could deal with the ringleader whilst Shan went over the shooters that were still alive.

It was something he couldn't help himself from doing. Even if they had tried to kill him and Amani, Shan was still going to check over the health of the shooters. Sure, there were a few who weren't too happy about an alien getting near them, but when it came between life or death? Not many seemed too willing to lash out at Shan, and those who did? Well, Shan just smacked them in the head to knock them out to keep them back. There were a few bodies he found that seemed to have been hit by their ringleader's stary shots, causing a small pang of anger to surge at that before shaking his head.

Though then he heard Amani calling out for him and Shan just yelled over towards glowing blue light. "I'm alright! No need to worry. I'm just checking other some of these men...They might be cruel and pathetic, but that doesn't mean I want to leave them to die if they're still alive. They can be charged for their crimes." Shan knew it was naïve to act like this, helping the enemy instead of just defeating them but...they were alive and unable to fight. It would be wrong for him to take them out.

Once Shan had checked over the bodies, he hurried his way over towards Amani, giving her a half hearted smile. He was alive and alright, though his smile faded as he looked down at the ringleader. "Y'know...You hit some of your own trying to get me. Is your hatred towards aliens worth harming your own?" That was the one thing Shan could never wrap his head around. He could understand having hatred towards people who harmed your own people...but harming your own people because of hatred? He shook his head before looking back towards Amani. "I apologise for straying from your side. I just thought...it would be safer for me to move away."

Amani eased up hearing Shan respond back. She looked at the ringleader disappointedly, especially when the padawan pointed out that some of the men hit each other in the crossfire, "Some people are too blinded by their hate to realize who's really causing the most harm." The ringleader just grimaced, and averted his gaze from both the Jedi. He had nothing to say to them. Amani cocked her head, "Is that shame I sense?" Still, he remained silent, "I hope so. For your sake, as much as anyone else's." Suddenly, he lashed out towards Shan in a flash of anger, but it was just as quickly stamped out. Amani spun around the back end of her staff, striking him in the head with a painful sounding thud. The ringleader crumpled to the ground, unconscious in a mere moment, "He can meditate on his choices in prison."

Amani looked back up at Shan, checking him once more just to make certain the man hadn't managed to reach him or startle him too badly, "No need to apologize, Shan. It's what I hoped you do, for just that reason." She was able to keep most of their focus, while he remained safe under the cover of nightfall, "You did great today. Not only with your healing, but in how you approached this conflict. You stayed level-headed, exploited key advantages, and subdued our enemies with mercy."

"That is not always easy. Certainly not in the heat of battle. And certainly not for one as young as yourself. I said it before, and I'll say it again; I'm quite proud of what you've accomplished. And I will watch your career with great interest,"
Amani grinned, and nodded back across the waterfront, "Why don't you head back to the village? Tell the locals that the threat is over with. And get yourself some hard-earned rest. I'll relay law enforcement and get this mess sorted out." She nodded again as if to insist, before pulling out a holocomm.

As soon as the ringleader lashed out at Shan, the Mirialan Padawan hopped himself backwards, lashing out with a quick thrust of his fist forward to try and defend him. It was more a reaction than anything, and even whilst the Ringleader had more than likely intended to hurt Shan in some way, the Padawan couldn't help but look ashamed at the fact that attacking was his first reaction. Though he relaxed once the Ringleader was crumpled down on the floor after Amani's prompt reaction.

He couldn't help but grin as Amani complimented his actions. It made him feel more achieved in his actions now that someone seemed to approve of them. "Thank you Master Serys. I just feel like it was the only reasonable action to take. They might have intended harm to us and the villagers...but it is from a place of anger and ignorance. Those are always potentially things that can be treated in a non-lethal aspect. Of course, I could be wrong and killing them may be better for the Galaxy in the long run..." His eyes glanced around at the chaos that had happened during the battle and sighed to himself afterwards. "...It is not up to me to make that decision. If they have a chance to learn from their mistakes, then it is a chance I'd like to give them." He bowed his head before preparing to leave back towards the village...before frowning to himself in thought.

His eyes glanced around at the weapons that men they had dealt with had, those that were still intact at least before glancing back over towards Amani with a curious question on his lips.
"...Should I take the weapons back with me? They could either be used to help the village set up some kind of guard to make something like this harder to happen again...or they could sell them to help recuperate with the losses they'll have from using the bacta." They might have dealt with the main cause of damage to the village, but preventive measures could help make sure they wouldn't need to worry about a similar problem. Either way, Shan left for the village, with or without the weapons, depending on Amani's response.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani appreciated Shan's line of thinking, but gave him an apologetic look, "The authorities will need the weapons for evidence collection. Can't just walk off with them," But even after she had, the mirialan twisted her lips in thought. Before Shan could leave, she suddenly spoke again, "Y'know what— Take some of them. Not all. But go ahead and take some." A few would get the job done for the sake of evidence. Worst case, scenario, if more was needed, they could always just borrow the weapons from the villagers and give them back. Amani was confident she could pull enough strings to let the people ultimately keep them, especially as Takodana was not under Alliance authority as is.

Preventative measures were more worthwhile. Amani approved of Shan's line of thinking, "Now go. They'll be here soon." She nodded once, and looked up to the sky, where a patrol craft was already descending. Once they landed, she would help sort out the mess, while Shan went to go give the townsfolk the good news...

Shan nodded, starting to pick up a few of the working blasters still, whilst leaving some of the working ones behind, alongside the ones he had had sliced through. "I understand Master Serys. It's why I thought it would be best to ask for permission, rather as opposed to just taking them." This way, the village would still be able to protect itself which is what Shan wanted the most, as he took the weapons and threw them over his shoulder carefully, giving Amani a quick bow before hurrying back off towards the village, making sure to be careful with the dinghy boat.

With that, Shan arrived back at the village, and just gave them the news! Making sure to explain what seemed to have happened and why, alongside handing over the blasters. He made sure to advise them to try and make some kind of village watch to make sure something like this doesn't happen again. He wasn't too knowledgeable in the actual methods of doing so, but as long as he made the suggestion, it was a good idea in his eyes! Just protecting the village as much as he could, even when he wasn't there.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom