Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Research and Development

tire.png
WEARING: xxx
TAG: Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas

Xucphra City. The metropolis which served as the headquarters for the Xucphra Corporation had been one of the first cities to be terraformed by the restoration project initiated by Daegon Corvinus and his wife, Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus . The pair had promised to see the beautiful planet restored better than they had been before the Sith Wars they had experienced under the Galactic Alliance. Ironic that the Galactic Alliance once again appeared claiming to be protectors of the Core. Perhaps it was not the same alliance which had failed Thyferra, though the Demon highly doubted where one would succeed when the other had failed. Still, he would sell his bacta to anyone, even those who would seek the downfall of the Confederacy. Daegon would simply charge them a premium to compensate for their seething hatred.​
It was a delicate balance providing medical supplies and equipment for a war torn galaxy. While agreements existed with the Southern Systems, Daegon also turned his eyes outward to expand his profit margins. External trade was key for economic prosperity, and those who of the mind the Confederacy could survive without it were either blind or, even worse and more damaging, fools. There was one thing the Demon of Thyferra could not suffer, and that was a fool. The Viceroyalty were full of them, planetary leaders who seemed to care more their own planets than the overall well being of the Confederacy. While Daegon could not say he was any better, he at least understood that a prosperous nation would being a return to Thyferra no other could provide.​
Today he had set aside politics, and the political residence which was his apartment on Naboo, to focus on his business. There were days the Xucphra Corporation provided the escape from dealing with the insufferable fools that pretended to know anything about governance. It was a respite at times, one that could only be surpassed by the time he spent with his bride.​
Dressed in one of his finest suits, Daegon sat behind his desk, datapads strewn across the surface with various reports and details which were of a tedious nature. Daegon’s work was never ending, with constant sales to finalize, finances to account for, and of course the development of new products. The debacle with BactaPlus had set their research and development department back several quarters, and cost Xucphra Corporation plenty in capital and Public Relations. It was a difficult thing to produce a basic compound which would prove safe for those who found themselves allergic to bacta.​
Daegon knew a few, the most notable being the Minister of Commerce herself, Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed . The raven haired beauty had divulged the allergy during one of the several meetings to finalize the agreement between Xucphra Corporation and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. It was a puzzle Daegon was determined to see his company solve, and not only for the minister, but for all who suffered from such a thing. It was an odd business where something humanitarian also increased profit margins, but such was the world Daegon controlled.​
It was to that end Daegon had agreed to meet with an interested party in the advances which had been made since the BactaPlus failure. Fevris Derzelas was an unknown quantity to Daegon, but she was also in the medical business, and perhaps an ally beyond the Southern Systems. The meeting would either be fortuitous for them both, or a dead end. Either way, the Demon of Thyferra could not ignore the chance that this woman may be the key to the breakthrough his company had been looking for. If they could help each other…​
…it would be a good day.​
“Your guest is here, Viceroy Corvinus,” the voice of his secretary called over the intercom.​
“Please send her in,” Daegon said as he stood, running his hands down the length of his vest and jacket to smooth out any wrinkles which may have formed while he had been sitting.​
A pleasant smile was painted on his face, a mask the Demon knew to wear when dealing with potential clients or future business partners. Hopefully she would prove herself to be a sincere sort that would allow Daegon to remove the facade.​
“Welcome, Miss Drezelas,” the silver tongue began, “I hope your journey was not too difficult. Tell me, what do you think of Thyferra thus far?”

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Wearing: XxX.
Tagging: Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus

K5JF1aO.png

Many in this galaxy were of the mind that done was better than perfect.

Doctor Fevris Derzelas did not count herself among them.

People often had fleeting goals and sought easy solutions to complex problematics. A pain killer to a suffering, something that brought relief and numbness and allowed the root of the complication to keep on growing unnoticed until it became bothersome enough to look for another temporal solution. In her line of business, however, mistakes were very much terminal and therefore even easier to ignore. What were a few more deaths a day in the grand scheme that was the galaxy's play?

But of course, there were also people who could and did see things for what they were. Greater or stronger minds who understood how to think and act ignoring difficulties or immediate solutions to address issues at their origin. And with these people Fevris did share a mind. This was the very same reason that had brought her today to Thyferra, nestled within confederate space. With an ambition both personal and altruistic, or at least it could be interpreted as such, and an opportunity to solve a long standing problem. Today, was a day for business.

She, as well as anyone who didn't live inside a box, had heard of the burning of Thyferra and where she expected to encounter a world torn apart, she was instead met with impressive efforts undertaken to restore the planet to its previous beauty. And while the Doctor did admire beauty, the true reason why it gladdened her to learn of the reconstruction efforts was a lot more specific: Thyferra was the origin of bacta, the undisputed most important creation in medicine in the last few centuries.

Donning one of her many suits, for the lady usually preferred them over dresses, she had been led to the office of Daegon Corvinus, Viceroy of the planet on which she now stood and director of Xucphra Corporation, the galaxy's best known bacta distributor. In contrast, she was the head of a growing enterprise which while not as nearly as developed or with the same reach as Xucphra, had attracted the eye of many companies in the fields of science for their research, recent discoveries and the innovative products they had introduced to the market.

Fevris was young, yet in just a few years had taken steps many others never managed to achieve. The same could be said of the Thyferra, and that spoke volumes of the ones in charge of bringing about this progress. Her expression was neutral, while she was more than capable of charisma she used to reserve it for when it was truly needed. Today however, she trusted herself to be able to present something far more charming than charisma: tangible potential. "Viceroy. Thank you for having me." She gave a slight nod in recognition.

"The trip was very enjoyable, particularly so since I got to see the results of your efforts in Thyferra. Impressive, specially after the terrible events that have occurred." It was a good thing to know the planet was in good hands. Particularly so since this person was also a potential partner to NoxaCorp.

"I assume your assistant has informed you of my reasons for requesting this meeting. I believe we may have common interests."

tire.png

Daegon smiled at the compliments given to the hard work of terraforming and reconstruction which had been underway since he took office as the elected leader of Thyferra's government. Naturally any flattery given to the work he invested in, or his bride, could not help bit force the Demon of Thyferra to lift his lips to a genuine smile. It was an involuntary action which took no thought. He was as conceited as he was ambitious, and it seemed this potential partner knew to play to that fault.​
"There is much more to be done still," Daegon said in an attempt to feign humility. "Though we have come far since the project began. Twice this world has been subjected to complete and utter ruin in my lifetime alone. My hope, and promise to the people, has been that not only can her beauty be restored, but that such calamity be avoided in the future. Like the phoenix of many a mythology, we shall rise from the ashes."
The compliment was short and to the point. Just as was the interlude between. Soon the woman moved on directly to the matter of her visit.​
Business.​
Daegon could appreciate the rapid change of subject as well. Both owned their own companies, and both had their own busy schedules to navigate. They would not need to worry about the witless and fruitless banter of breaking the ice that so many engaged in before getting to the reason of the visit. On occasion it was needed to create comfort, a degree of safety. Today it was not needed, so no time would be wasted with it.​
"She did," Daegon said as he motioned to the lounge set in his office. The seating would look inviting. Dark like the rest of his office, but comfortable. His feet carried him toward the small bar which lined one wall of his office. "Wine," he questioned as he began to pour a glass of something red for himself.​
Daegon would wait for her answer before proceeding. If they were going to business straight away, they could at least enjoy some of the frivolities his income allowed.​
"You suffer from a bacta allergy if my research is correct, or someone close to you at least."
It should have been no surprise to the woman that Deagon had looked into her. He would be shocked if she had not done the same. In fact, Daegon would likely be insulted. The Demon was shrewd and did not enter into business with complete strangers. He liked to know a little about the people he was considering an agreement with.​
"I will admit my research into a solution for that has been slow, and met with very little success. Currently there are others on the galactic stage making moves to undercut the galaxy's dependency on my company, but should I find a solution for those allergic, I can mitigate the loss, or thwart their efforts entirely."
Daegon was not shy about his goals. He did not expect his guest would be either.​

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

K5JF1aO.png

She listened carefully as the Viceroy spoke, nodding her head slightly. "Judging by what I've seen of Thyferra, I have no doubts your vision will be achieved." Her voice was simply honest, she was not one to sweeten ears unnecessarily and to her a compliment was vastly different from a truth, at this point in time and having been impressed by the Viceroy's efforts, she had no reason to believe his objective was far fetched or not feasible. And of course, this was good news for her too. The stability of a business partner was nothing if not important. After all, one could not do business, as he had said, with ashes.

The Doctor offered a small smile upon seeing that her directness had been appreciated. It wouldn't have been the first time someone found her straightforward nature somewhat sour. She had learnt to not take offense in this, for people in her line of work there was nothing more precious than time. In a hospital, a second could mean the difference between life and death and in a laboratory, make the difference between foiled attempt and a breakthrough. It was a pity that humans had it in such short supply, so it was best not to waste it and she was pleased that the Viceroy seemed to share her opinion on the matter.

When offered wine, Fevris accepted, taking the flute in her hand with a thank you. Indeed, it did not come as a surprise that the man had investigated her and she had no qualms about it, not when she had done the same. Of course, a medical professional that could pride herself in her ability she did not need any reports to notice the lack of pigmentation in the Epicanthix or his dilated pupil, but her search had rendered other discoveries about the demon of Thyferra.

"You are correct, Viceroy. Quite a predicament, given I work with the substance on a daily basis." Even having it enter in contact with her skin was bound to make her feel sick for the rest of the day. On the bright side, it had made her all the more proficient when it came to security measures and dexterity.

His own pointedness when expressing his objectives and how they had developed so far were the final confirmation that she could approach the conversation with a similar approach. Something which she welcomed entirely. "So I have heard," She said, and the fact that Xucphra had begun knowing some competition was exactly the reason why she had decided to reach out. Maybe, if she had chosen to go to some other bacta-producing enterprise, she could help them lift off the ground but this was of no interest to her.

"On the other hand, I believe NoxaCorp could be nearing a breakthrough to finally create a formula for hypoallergenic bacta." Of course, her word alone was likely to not be enough to sway the Demon, so she furthered her explanation, "I have been researching the topic for quite some time, given my own condition. With the growth of the First Order, my company has been able to collect blood samples from thousands of individuals with a similar ailment study their reaction to bacta until we could isolate the sequences in the substance that causes such a reaction." She kept the more scientifical aspects of the research simple, there was no need to overcomplicate the explanation.

"However, the research efforts of course demand large supplies of bacta to be tested, analyzed and modified until we can refine the formula." It was easy enough to see what she was hinting at. "Xucphra Corp has provided the galaxy for millennia, and I would see it remain that way. After all, we have no use for a formula of a substance we do not have the resources to produce ourselves." NoxaCorp was not a bacta-producing enterprise, and Fevris' only interest in making this discovery was the prestige it would bring to her company and the usage of the hypoallergenic bacta in their products. Which left them with one single obstacle: getting someone to produce it.

tire.png

"You have told me everything except what you would expect your take to be in this endeavor," Daegon said with a chuckle as he unbuttoned his suit jacket and sat on the couch across the way from where Fevris was located. A small sip of the crimson liquid touched his lips before the glass was set on the table in front of him.​
Daegon was in thought. Could it be true that she was closer to succeeding where the scientists in his own research and development department had been stalled. Were he a man with some type of nervous tick it would be on display, but Deagon was stoic more then expressive. There were few who could draw the truth of his thoughts to the surface, The Angel of Thyferra being the most skilled at doing so. Perhaps the only telling sign that Daegon was lost in his mind was the long inhale which he pulled through his nose before reaching for the glass of wine for another sip. There did not seem to be too much to consider...​
...and yet.​
"Forgive me if this is offensive, but I have often found when a thing seems to good to be true it usually is."
The glass was returned to the table as Daegon leaned back against the back cushion of the couch.​
"NoxaCorp has seemingly made some considerable strides, and I appreciate the sentiment. Certainly those seeking to compete with would not. The Galactic Alliance specifically seems to be doing everything within their power to rid themselves of anything which comes from the Southern Systems, though I cannot fathom why. I do know they have not solved this issue either."
Daegon studied the woman. Would she be slighted by his challenge. Even so, he would not let the wound fester for long if she had been. His goal was to get all the information he could before committing to anything. After all, it was his bacta on the line, bacta which the Confederacy needed.​
Another long inhale was pulled through his nose before the breath expelled from his lips in a sigh.​
"It is not bacta you need, but the components, the ingredients, which make it. My team has always believed it is the bacteria which is used to formulate the bacta, bacteria which is only indigenous to Thyferra. It has certainly made terraforming an interesting endeavor considering. If you desire to isolate where the allergen is coming from, why not ask for the building blocks instead? I am the only one who can provide that for you."
His statement was bold, but it was true. Daegon knew the value of the commodity he controlled, no matter what form it took on.​

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

K5JF1aO.png

Her smile stretched once more. The Demon of Thyferra was a perceptive man, and she had expected no less. Her reason for refraining from expressing her own interests in the matter had been simple: if he was not interested on what she offered him, then whatever she wanted would be of no consequence to this conversation and she would have to begin to make other plans. Even though she did not outwardly reflect this as any decent businessperson would do, it was clear that she was at a slight disadvantage in this discussion.

First, Xucphra far exceeded NoxaCorp. in both development and relevance in the galactic scenario. Second, she was offering an investment - a promised backed up with realities but a promise nonetheless - whereas his part in this potential deal, the bacta, was already ensured. And last, but not least, was the issue of their rivaling allegiances. Although so far, this did not seem to propose a problem. The only thing Fevris had truly going for herself was the fact that NoxaCorp had advanced where others had been met with unmovable obstacles. Of course, it was up to Daegon to believe her claim or not, but perhaps the idea of her company aiding a rivaling enterprise in the creation of hypoallergenic bacta would be enough to sway the Viceroy.

As he took a seat, she did the same by picking an armchair opposite his position. She took a sip of her wine before answering, "And you are wise to believe so, Viceroy. I make a living and a name out of helping people, this, however, does not make me an altruist." Fevris wouldn't consider herself an egoist either, she was simply ambitious and honest to herself about her nature. She would take the steps necessary to further her enterprise and the interests of the empire; which in her case just so happened to translate into making life easier and longer for others. "My company, although varied in its operations, does not produce its own bacta. So far this has never been a problem but I'm sure you can see how this dependency is undesirable for an enterprise that has such a great need of it."

It was a simple truth. Providers could fail, and if this failure were to happen in NoxaCorp, hospitals and clinics would be without the single most important element in modern medical practice and potentially countless people could suffer the consequences. Fevris did not like having lose links in her production change, and bacta had been one for too long. "Once again, you are right, Viceroy. I did intend to ask for the components that would allow NoxaCorp to produce enough to cover its needs." It was a very ambitious request, one that she could easily imagine not being very welcomed. No one could hope to come and ask for the bacteria, the source and basis of his whole enterprise and be trusted with it to not utilize it to become more competition.

"However, I understand how such a proposition would sound to you. Which is why, for now, I would ask for the bacta itself and not its components."

Her cerulean gaze met his, "I am certain that my scientists and I can achieve this objective, and if we can do it with already processed bacta then it would be even easier to, for example, modify some of the bacteria and create a new strain that would directly produce components ready to become hypoallergenic bacta, no need for further processing." She took a small pause, smiling softly once more.

"Think of it as a gesture of good-will. I will first prove to you that I can provide what I claim." Fevris would be taking on extra work, but work had never been a problem for her to begin with, even less when it promised such great reward.

That said, she finally presented her outlook on the matter, her true objective."If so, then Xucphra and NoxaCorp can share the patent for the product, you become its sole distributor galaxy-wide while NoxaCorp becomes self-sufficient in this aspect, so I can rest assured that I can continue my own pursuits in the fields of science and medicine knowing that my enterprise won't be threatened by a shortage of supply." Of course, the fact that they would be offering everyone in the galaxy a long-awaited advancement was not lost on her. But it would be a lie if she said it was what had motivated her to come to Thyferra.

Both were in for tremendous gain, if they reached an agreement. Xucphra would crush its competition, NoxaCorp would become independent from the ever fluctuating galactic market as far as a primary necessity commodity was concerned. Her cards on the table, it was now time to hear what the Demon thought of her proposal.

tire.png

It was nothing more than a game of Chess the two were playing, one which Daegon was quite confident would end in a stalemate. Neither of them were playing to outdo the other it seemed, but rather the dance was one where the other wanted to impress the other. Was Daegon impressed?​
Most certainly.
He watched as the woman sat across from him, listening to her answer each question, whether it had been voiced or implied. Her mind was sharp, and so far equal to the task of negotiation. After all, this was exactly what they were doing even if no real figures had been discussed. Still, Daegon thought it odd she did not come right out and ask for a sample of the bacteria. Another sip of wine was taken as he thought about whether to press further on the matter or let it go. After all, she was laying her hand in full view for the Demon to see. If she was going to be bold, why not be as bold as possible?​
"Regardless of whether I give you the bacta, or the bacteria, I am confident your team of scientists would be able to reverse engineer whatever they needed. You would have the bacteria, or at least the blueprint to attempt growing it on your own. It is a risk either way."
Whether it was a question or a statement was up to the woman to decide. Regardless her stake in the matter at hand was plain, and she was practically giving Daegon the solution he wanted, along with the sole distribution, on a silver platter. She knew well enough the offer, if successful, would all but squash whatever competition Xucphra Corporation was experiencing. It was an offer that was not only too good to be true, but foolish to ignore. The risk was entirely his, and The Demon knew he would regret it if he did not take it.​
He was resigned.​
"If you can succeed with bacta that has already been produced, then the potential volume would be quite significant early on. The market would be easily flooded in no time at all, and barriers to entry could be established at pace which would cause the competition a severe case of whiplash. It is an ambitious plan indeed."
Daegon sighed as he began to chew on the inside of his cheek.​
"I could agree to terms which would put Xucphra Corporation in such a position, and we both know I already have the distribution channels already established for such things. I could guarantee you would be without supply, but there is really only one question that will determine how profitable a venture this would be in the end."
The Demon leaned forward to look the woman in the eyes.​
"How much volume are discussing?"

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

K5JF1aO.png

It was beyond interesting witnessing the man think, even though his composed and reserved nature made it difficult to predict any one reaction he gave. Fevris was sharp-minded and had a way with numbers, statistics and probability. Her field was biological science, but she would have been one hell of a mathematician if she had chosen a different path. In addition, she was also observant and had a good measure of cunning to her. These were the building blocks of a great businessperson, the only field in which she was still somewhat lacking was experience, and she was gaining ground on it quite quickly.

"That could be true, but working with the processed bacta instead of the bacteria would make it incredibly difficult to reverse engineer beings that can produce alazhi and kavam, without mentioning the matter of their survival. It is still a risk, yes, but everything is a gamble in business." Fevris had no intentions of cheating the man. She was building a reputation for her company, and crossing Xucphra Corp at this early stage in her game could be devastating. Still, she did not downright say this. It was up to him to judge her character and intentions, and she had not come to defend her integrity.

She nodded when he spoke again, expressing his point of view and that he could we willing to accept her offer. And now it was time to talk numbers, the only solid and real figures that could keep a business moving. Fevris was well aware of this. In her opinion, the intellectual value of NoxaCorp was something that far exceeded its increasing monetary worth. However, production plants, hospitals, and laboratories did not run on thoughts. The amount of money spent on research significantly cut her earnings, but these were slowly beginning to pale in comparison to her income and no longer having to spend money on tons upon tons of bacta an year would signify a tremendous amount of credits to redirect towards more research.

"Since I require it for testing, a case would suffice." Again, this would sound too good to be true. A case of bacta, of course, was bound to be next to nothing to Xucphra. One could even think it would not have been hard for the woman to acquire such an amount through other means, but transparency was important and there were other disclaimers that the Viceroy had to be made aware of. It would be in these issues that he'd have to deliberate whether entering this business proposition would prove beneficial or not to him.

"Now, that is what I need to continue my research and potentially elaborate the product," Fevris was very confident and this was reflected both in the tone of her voice and her expression, but it was both prudent and honest to not make absolute claims for the time being.

"However, a challenge I can foresee for you who would be mass producing the hypoallergenic bacta to distribute are two: first and foremost, the same production plants could not be used to make regular bacta and the hypoallergenic version unless properly prepared, because of cross-contamination risks." That was the first challenge, there would be one more.

"Also, it is too early to tell if besides this the hypoallergenic version might need additional or different steps in its processing."

This could translate into a required inversion for either new or modified machinery. As she took another sip of her wine, she allowed the Viceroy a moment to contemplate this. After all, only he could try to ascertain if this potential expenses were something he could or wanted to undertake.

tire.png

"It most certainly will require an extra step or two," Daegon said in response to what the woman finally said.​
There would be risk and uncertainties even if Daegon believed partnering with this woman was the best route for his business. She understood the science in a way Daegon never would. His mind would always be focused on the business. Cross contamination was an example of why they were both good at what they did. While he would have never thought about it, she had. Daegon could solve the problem of distribution easily, but the biology and medical science involved was not something he paid attention to. He paid others to pay attention to those things. The Demon firmly believed in delegation.​
"A case is negligible certainly. I do not see any problem with parting with it."
The agreement could have been that simple. A case for whatever her company discovered. Daegon could let her walk out of the room with a case and a signed agreement over what they had discussed, but the Demon was curious. He wanted to know this woman better, wanted to see more of how her mind worked. For that perhaps they needed a tour.​
"I am more concerned about the investment which could be required to retrofit machinery. Before we would consider it, I would expect you would isolate the components which cause the allergic reaction. While I assume it is the bacteria, that could be an incorrect assumption. I am also concerned about your opinion on the current equipment we sell. After all bacta is not the only thing we supply, but tanks and other delivery systems specifically."
Daegon set his fluted glass down and stood. His feet carried him toward the office door as he motioned for the woman to follow.​
"Distribution channels will not be an issue for me. Economies of scale being as they are most of the ones which exist now will be available should this endeavor succeed. Perhaps a tour of the facility for your opinion on what changes you feel may be needed as we look at potential production?"

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

K5JF1aO.png

The Doctor finished off the remaining contents of her glass before gently placing it on top of a nearby table, her attention remained on the Viceroy as he explained his view regarding the potential problematic she had just presented. His concern was well placed, while Fevris did not expect anything too radical to be required, the possibility was still there and she would not be able to shed much more light into it until her research could press on. Of course, looking on the bright side even if a large investment was required, the revenue would surely prove to generously make up for it if they succeeded but the bright side was not something any good businessman could really concern themselves with.

Expect the worse, cut your loses. There was not a limit on how much one could gain, but there was one in regards to how much on could lose. Both the Viceroy and the Doctor surely knew this, and as such making sure they were entering an agreement in which neither of them would flunk and they could see to completion was of vital importance.

"You are right, Viceroy. The allergens we have isolated are molecules produced by the bacteria that remain present in the final product. Our aim is to remove them or change them, whichever preserves the desirable properties of bacta better." That was the beauty of science, what in words could be made to sound easy and logical was in fact filled to the brim with nuances and challenges to sort through. Fevris, while totally focused on her main objective, even hoped to find a gate to better bacta in itself during this process but made sure to keep that hope only as side motivation. Being too ambitious or keeping aspirations too high could also be a flaw, and the young woman was not one to allow herself many flaws.

As the man stood up and gestured her to follow, Fevris obliged, raising once more and straightening her suit out of habit. "That would be wonderful. It will allow me to make the effort to tailor the new strain as much as possible to your current production set up." If successful, the quicker they could find out the most cost-effective and efficient means of production, the better results both of them would see. Even though Fevris was addressed as and mostly known by the public as a Doctor, her true areas of specialty were xenobiology and bio-engineering, and the latter would prove to be infinitely useful for her assessment. She would follow the Viceroy as they began their tour.

tire.png

So after pressing again, he finally did get a more straight forward answer. It was the bacteria. That did not mean the process would not uncover more possibilities, but it was a promising assurance the retrofits would be minor. Had the allergens come from something in his machinery, that would have been a devastating blow, not only to his bottom line, but to the credibility of his company. While Daegon was not a kind man in any definition of the word, although he knew how to appear such, he did care about his good standing in the galaxy. Appearance and perception were everything after all.​
Fortune smiled on Daegon once more as the doctor had agreed to the tour. It was the final piece of the puzzle which seemed to make sense in regard to whether such an agreement would work between them. She had sold herself, now it was time for the Demon to show the woman why there was no other company which could compete with him. There were two companies on Thyferra, both controlled by the Bacta Cartel, and Daegon controlled the cartel. She could go to the competition if she wished, but that would not be in her best interest. Daegon knew his advantage.​
The facility itself was a marvel of modern technology. The Confederacy had made good on their promise to upgrade all of the outdated equipment which had found themselves on a lower priority as terraforming efforts proved to be more costly than Daegon had hoped. War was usually good for Thyferra, but when the war was brought to Thyferra it was a much different story.​
As the pair traversed the stark white halls of the campus toward the production facility Daegon filled his potential business partner on the history of the world. He had not always been the best at entertaining guests, but his wife Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus had seen the Demon well improved on that front.​
"Two wars in my life time, both by a Sith Empire which no longer exists today. The world was held by the Galactic Alliance in those days, and simply put, they failed to keep this world safe. Much work has gone into rebuilding, terraforming places far beyond any hope of simple reconstruction. If you are so inclined to survey the damage for yourself, and the work which remains, the region which I like to call Tartarus. Perhaps your biological mind might think of a way we could terraform the region to produce an alternate form of bacteria?"
There was always a purpose to the stories Daegon told. Even when they seemed as though they were going nowhere. As much as this one was meant to fill the silence, it was also meant to cement the fact Thyferra was the perfect world for the project the doctor had seen herself committed to. Daegon had no doubt that as she laid her eyes on the production equipment, and saw the care in which everything was handled Fevris would be committed to using Xucphra.​
The greenhouses were the first stop. Everything had been ordered just so. Each plant was treated with care, and not one detail was overlooked. There was not a single unhealthy plant in the facility. They would move next to the harvesting line so the the doctor could see how each plant was broken down to extract the bacteria. From there it would be what Daegon often called the kitchen, a room full of large vats where the bacteria was combined with the rest of the components that went into the formula.​
"From here it gets refined, and then of course there is the bottling, bacta patches to produce, bactapens, medkits, and the like. I would imagine this is where the bulk of the funds would be spent. Essentially we may need to double our means of production. As I said before, distribution will be the easy part."
The Demon grinned as they walked back around toward the office wing, making one stop on the way.​
"One case bacta is already being loaded onto your ship," Daegon said as he quickly signed a couple of documents on the pads presented to him. "I have also taken care of the customs fees. If you are satisfied with Xucphra's capability, then I am satisfied you will keep your word. The moment you have a breakthrough I expect to be the first to know."

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

K5JF1aO.png

Fevris listened as the Demon shared a brief part of his story and valuable insight into his view of the galactic scenario, a brow slightly raised at attention and her hands clasped behind her back. She nodded once at his words, although she had been too young to be of any influence, Fevris had also known war and the results of it. She had grown up a witness to the rivalry between the First Order and the very same Gallactic Alliance that the Viceroy was mentioning.

The rebuilding efforts were something that most people alive today knew well, there were very few places in the galaxy that had been untouched by conflict. And as the old saying went, only the dead have seen the end of war.

“That could be possible, yes. However, given that bacteria have such short and fast life cycles, we usually prefer to tailor them to their new environment rather than the other way around.” She found his question to be interesting and well-placed, had they been dealing with a being more complex than bacteria looking into the details of the terraforming efforts would have been very wise, she made sure to save the thought in her mind.

As they walked through the production plant, Fevris was pleasantly surprised with what she saw. End-of-the-line equipment, well-organized and perfectly kept, and these silent compliments were coming from a mind that was nothing short of a compulsive perfectionist.

“I must say, once again, I am impressed. With the setup you have now I believe you won’t meet any major obstacles to refit some production lines that allow the manufacturing of the new bacta.”

When the tour came to an end, Fevris returned the man’s smile with one of her own. This meeting had gone even better than she had expected. “More than satisfied, Viceroy. I put myself to the task of keeping high expectations both for myself and others, today they have been exceeded.” The Doctor was not one to compliment simply to sweeten an ear, her tone was simply honest and professional. She was certain that Xucphra could deliver on its end of the deal with no major difficulties.

“I will make sure NoxaCorp returns the same favor.”

Indeed, this had become a profitable afternoon, and very few things brightened her mood as much as this did. “Of course, I will personally inform you of all advances. We will begin working as soon as I am back on Dosuun.” Then, she extended her hand and offered it to the man.

“Thank you for your hospitality, Viceroy. It has been a pleasure. I will be contacting you soon, in the meantime, I wish all the best to Thyferra.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom