Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rescue the Outsider!

drock-nicotine-8jpg.jpg

Awake. Questioning if it was morning or night in the sunless space of the Feriae Junction, Elliot was finally awake after a brief slumber. He had hardly been able to fall asleep since his time arriving in the tradeworld. He hadn't the credits to afford a proper place of rest and was mostly residing in the damper depths where the outlaws roamed. The fortunate part was that he hadn't any valuables besides the shoto that Norman gifted him. Norman...If only I'd listen sooner. Elliot stood up, using the meditative techniques his master had taught him to allow a peaceful rest. Hiding his lightsaber, Elliot decided to see if he could stumble upon any kind of work. Keeping quiet and a low-profile, there wasn't much for him to worry about. Roaming the halls of the tradeworld, he had overheard a few bounty hunters listening to a transmission that sounded much like it was coming from TSE forces that had visited...and likely destroyed Elliot's old home.

Listening in and focusing on the transmission, whispers in Elliot's head grew more distinct and clear. "Find the Jedi's boy. We will pay a handsome sum, and we know that the refugees came here thinking it was outside of our reach...Find him, and bring him in dead or alive. Double the credits if alive." Elliot, concerned that he would be hunted, kept his hood up and moved along. The transmission was for those on the Feriae Junction, so there wouldn't be much of the outside coming him. Unfortunately, it was only a matter of time before the bounty hunters caught a whiff of him. I need to leave immediately, but how? Moving along the station and into another section, he would see the grand market and all of its people. What he did have to be careful of was any bounty hunters from his former home recognizing him, which made it even more imperative that he find a way out of the no man's land.

Elliot eventually stumbled upon a vendor of less professional appearance. A seer of sorts that called Elliot over with a rather slender appearance, almost human-like except for the two tentacles dangling from its face. White eyes indicated its blindness and it spoke with a whispering voice. "You, boy...You are very peculiar. Troubled, even. Sit down for a while, yes?" Elliot pointed at himself, looking around before the being nodded. "I did not mistake you, you may sit." Elliot complied, feeling almost compelled to. A strange ringing occurred in his head as he sat down in front of the seer. It felt as if many had gazed upon the two, but Elliot ignored it. "Well, for what do I owe the pleasure?" Elliot put his hands together and took a meditative pose, looking carefully at the human-like creature. "Well, I must say you are a troubled one indeed. Your future, I tell?"

Nervously, Elliot nodded in agreement merely from his curiosity. He wanted to know what the seer would say about his future, watching the creature reveal a bowl with a brilliant liquid filling it. "I see many things in this bowl. Tell me, your name?" Elliot hesitated, knowing that he had to be careful who he revealed his name to. "Ozy." The being smiled slowly, staring into Elliot's soul despite being presumably blind. "I know that is lie. I can sense it, I can smell it. Tell me, your naaaame..." Elliot heard a subtle buzzing and felt something resound throughout his body. It was almost as if...he was being coerced. Closing his eyes and taking deep breathes, he refocused.

Elliot remembered Norman would invade his mind as a way of training his mental fortitude, but never taught him exactly how he did so. But in the moment, the boy knew that the being was doing something similar. The being grew visibly agitated, and the buzzing became more distinct as Elliot focused. Opening his eyes, the buzzing faded and all sense came back to the boy. "I think we are done here." Standing up, the being snarled and brandished a dagger, which prompted Elliot to be quick to the draw with his blaster, pointing it in the being's face. "Don't move. I'm walking away now." Elliot spoke plainly, holstering his blaster as he walked away and left the seer be and the seer did the same. However, the presence of hostility was near beyond the being that threatened to control his mind. People were watching, and they were closing in.

Looking over his shoulder, he could tell he was being followed by several separate figures. Moving to disappear in the crowd, he eventually slipped into an open corridor, blaster in hand and still hiding his lightsaber. A few of the figures followed, brandishing their own blasters. Prepared, Elliot shot two of them down and as the third attempted firing, Elliot pushed his free hand forward, stopping the laser shot mid-air while struggling, a noticeable ripple in the air as the laser inched forward extremely slowly. Trying to maintain his focus, Elliot shakily aimed his blaster and shot the now-apparent bounty hunter dead before tumbling to the side to avoid the laser. Panting and barely breaking a sweat, he noticed their emblems were of a company from his home. Of course...which that means there's more of them hunting me. Leaving the corridor and disappearing once again into the crowd, he kept a sharp eye on those that would follow him.

That is when he would come upon a "totally legitimate" kyber crystal vendor. Seeing all the shining crystals, knowing real ones were very much illegal, he approached. "What...what are you doing?" An argument ensued between the vendor and Elliot on the legitimacy of the crystals, knowing how shameful it was to imitate the crystals used by Jedi to make their lightsabers. Elliot was angry and curious, likely to draw much attention from watchful eyes but letting his passion get the better of his position.

Makil walked down the streets feeling, simple feeling, not with his hands or his feet but with the force, the force guided him here, but why? It was a question he often asked only getting an answer when he saw why, then he felt something, a surge of force power, a force power familiar, something he'd done himself, he continued towards where the force user was then saw a boy arguing with a vendor about 'legitimate' kyber Crystal's, *now why would a boy care so much about this?* He thought and felt him with the force, and felt something that made him smile, the feeling of another force user, he walked up and set a hand on the boys shoulder "you might not want to draw so much attention to yourself" he said calmly

[member="Elliot Drake"]

Vytal Noctura moved through the crowds of Faerie Junction with an ease unlike most Dathomiri women. There'd even been a pickpocket that ended up with their back slammed into the deck after the pale witch gave them a pleasant flip. A disdainful snort followed before the pale creature continued on its way. Thieves were common among the stars -- they were a blight that sullied this wide-eyed wonder of an entire galaxy at her fingertips. Or it had been so enchanting many years ago. Now it was a mine field full of perils unlike those of home. Perils she knew all too well; yet all those that sought to work against her here were none the wiser just how knowledgeable this White Witch was.

Would any of the Empire notice the Nightmother of the Confederacy roaming within their territory? They had yet to claim this system, but they held all around it. Vytal held no illusion whose authority to expect here, nor did she particularly care. A mystic alteration to her tattoos was enough to throw off almost any off-worldered; it was the markings, after all, that caught their eye every time. 'They all look alike except those damn tattoos.' Fools.

Every now and then Vytal checked in on home and made sure supplies were ferried to her Clan and others nearby. Best she could without the Great Empire catching wind to it. Wouldn't want them to find out the clans weren't starving begging for handouts by the Sith; eager to share secrets in exchange for being allowed the privilege to hunt and forage for food. Perhaps it wasn't so dire yet, but Vytal expected little when it came to the Empire. They would do and say anything to learn the Witches' secrets. It had been true long before she was born, and it was true to this day. Some things never changed.

"Some questions are worth the price," her pale fingers plucked a crystal up and lifted it for inspection. "This is not one of them." With crystal was lowered back down to where she'd retrieved it. "The answer will only disappoint you, and you'll leave none the wiser." Vytal didn't look over at the Jedi, [member="Makil Bandon"], that had sought to calm the lad, [member="Elliot Drake"], from drawing attention to himself. She could already tell from his features and body language which philosophy he hailed from. Not that she felt either male present were incapable of dealing with the matter themselves. A strange current in the spirits, however, had drawn her over to the stall.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Wearing: xxx
Tag: [member="Makil Bandon"] | [member="Elliot Drake"] | [member="Vytal Noctura"]

It was a rare instance Gerwald found himself outside the confines of Confederate space. The lupine was one who had never ventured from the planet of his birth until the Confederacy had added Stewjon into its fold. The wolf himself was one who opted to remain wherever the Confederacy took him, but today was one of those days were he found himself on his own. This was a dangerous thing. His mind was still haunted by the passing of his friend, Naedira Darcrath, and no matter what he did to focus on something else, he could not shake the grief and the guilt he carried over it. It did not help he realized his feelings for her until it was too late. Though he had never confessed them they were still there, and they were still very real. Letting go was hard, and what made it harder was this nagging feeling she was not entirely dead. There were occasions where he still felt her, close, and that sensation haunted Gerwald deeply.

The market he found himself in was alive with noise and full of people. Gerwald was in a crowd and yet stood above most of it. He felt alone despite all the people which surrounded him, a typical feeling for the lupine. His entire life had been spent feeling that was considering his family had been the only family of Lupines to exist on Stewjon. Gerwald was not truly alone, but he simply felt as such. This was something he had grown accustomed to, and it was the rare few who made feel this way.

Gerwald was searching for something, or someone.

The assignment had not been entirely clear. A ripple in the force had been felt, and Gerwald was told to follow it until he had found the source. The journey had led him to the market, to one booth in particular. A boy and the vendor arguing over kyber crystals. There was a passion in the young boy, but even more was the one thing Gerwald was searching for. The source. As the argument continued Gerwald could feel it unmistakably. The boy was the source of the ripple which had been felt.

He approached with caution. His massive frame usually one to intimidate others when he did not expect it. A small crowd was already gathering as it was. A jedi, and a... Mandragora. Gerwald knew them all too well. He had once been the lover of the former nightmother. He sighed not wanting to deal with their kind, but his duty was his duty.

"In other words, learn to pick your battles." Gerwald interrupted. "This not one of them. Trust me. I learned this lesson the hard way."

His eyes looked over the witch, and just as she had, he ignored the presence of the Jedi. A brief glance was spared his way perhaps, but it was nothing significant. The boy did not need to be calmed, he needed to be shaped. Gerwald knew the Knights Obsidian was the best fit for him. This was why he was here, to bring another into their fold.

Werble-kSB8CB.gif
[member="Elliot Drake"] | [member="Vytal Noctura"] | [member="Makil Bandon"] | [member="Gerwald Lechner"] | [member="Wrenarias"]
Beric Layne, Lord of Frosthall and Protector of Vandor, was not the sort of person who was used to mingling with outsiders in a dirty, roughed-up market place in the bowels of some trade world. It wasn’t that he considered himself too noble for such a setting, it was just that he hardly had ever left his wintery homeworld, and the last time he had he’d fallen out of a starship. Not exactly a great introduction to galactic travel.

Nevertheless, contrary to his character, he now found himself in the midst of a heavy, smell-filled market on a trade world known as Feriae Junction, and he was not quite sure exactly why he was here. The world was foreign to him; he had never heard of the world, met people from the Junction, and he was fairly certain that no ships traveling from the trade world had ever stopped over at Vandor. Yet here he was still, brushing aside people as the chills of the market were kept out by a massive fur cloak draped over his shoulders. He still limped, slightly, from Ottabesk, but he'd mostly recovered from that injury since. Now, all he had to do was focus on not breaking his spine again and he'd be fine.

In truth, it had been the force that had called him to this musty trade word, not a premonition but a true vision. Through the ethereal he'd seen the sights that his eyes saw now, manifested to him as clearly as if they were in the physical realm. But more importantly than sight or sound was the emotions he'd felt; anxiety, anger, pain. The force had called out as if it were a cry for help, and it had been taught in House Layne that no matter the person, it was the duty of the Lord of Frosthall to help those who were in need. And so Beric was here now, in the market, searching for the reason the force had brought him here to this stinkpit. It wasn't long before he found it.

In truth, it made sense that there would be two other members of the Knights of Obsidian, although he merely knew the two by name rather than association. The third, someone clad in the robes that seemed to be those worn typically by a Silver Jedi, was standing off to the side and by appearance seemed to be left out, or shunned, by Beric's fellow knights. Ever polite, Beric gave a nod to the Silver Jedi but nothing more, and instead brought himself next to the boy, coming to face his fellow Confederates. "Noctura. Lechner. It is. . . intriguing, that the Force would draw us three to this place, so far from Confederacy territory," he said, giving a respectful inclination of his head to the two Knights. Turning to the young lad they faced, Beric's ice-blue eyes peered intently into his youthful face. He was shorter, shorter by several inches compared to Beric, but the lads dark brown eyes shown with intelligence and calculation. What was more important was the emotion that was almost radiating off of the young man; mainly anger, but Beric could sense something underlying that -- fear. Perhaps this was the being that had unknowingly called out through the Force for assistance. Offering a gloved hand to the boy, he introduced himself. "I am Beric Layne, Lord of Frosthall, Protector of Vandor and Knight Obsidian. These are my fellow Knights -- [member="Vytal Noctura"] and [member="Gerwald Lechner"]. And what do they call you?"

Elliot felt as if his luck was not the greatest, and this was soon reinforced when he had been greeted by several people who all felt...different from the rest of those who roamed the market. His first reaction was to have readied hands if there was to be a confrontation. His argument with the vendor had ceased as the Jedi approached with a warm tone. Each of them spoke on how this was not the thing to give himself away too. Especially with the wandering eyes and the looming bounty hunters, he was sure to attract some attention. Huffing, Elliot kept silent for a moment. Frozen in fear, the boy had no idea what predicament he was in. "Well, this is certainly not what I expected. Hopefully none of you are working for a certain Jeremiah. Nothing against him, dear old friend...just not trying to run into him." Elliot chuckled, stepping away from the vendor and making sure all four were well within his view.

They all seemed to ignore the initial sage, indicating that he wasn't one of them. Only Beric had given the man some sort of acknowledgement as well as introduced the three that had followed Makil. They all seemed friendly, which was a nice change of pace...however that did not make Elliot any less defensive. Vytal had been the most intimidating but was thankfully an ally to the two gentlemen that approached. Gerwald had his own imposing figure, but nothing as dark and ominous as Vytal. Beric seemed closer to Makil, the latter of which had not introduced himself to the boy. "They know me as Elliot Drake, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire!" Elliot gave a slight boy with a charming smirk, hoping to hide the fact that he was really an on-the-run Force User.

He hadn't exclaimed the name too loudly or proud, for he was still suspecting his enemies to be closing in. As everyone exchanged pleasantries, Elliot turned to Makil with a nervous gaze. "I appreciate the concern, but seeing as we don't know each other and you aren't exactly their friend it seems...I'd walk away. Good or bad visit from the Confederacy -- I REALLY hope the former -- I don't want to involve you in any kind of mess." Elliot smiled warmly, turning to a more serious look as he peered back at the Confederate companions. He gulped, looking around to see if they were being watched. Oh, I really hope they are friendly. "So, uh, what brings you folk to my lovely neck of the woods?" Elliot made sure to take in every detail of the people that he was approached by. Analyzing the difference in their postures, he could tell they all had very different origins. Now, the question that stood was what they were going to be doing inside HIS origin.

Elliot certainly was concerned him using the Force so carelessly had drawn them to him. Especially with his bout with the Inquisitor not too distant from the trade world. It was certainly going to be a hard lesson in restraint and not relying on the Force.

[member="Beric Layne"]
[member="Vytal Noctura"]
[member="Makil Bandon"]
[member="Gerwald Lechner"]

"I am Makil, though you not worry about me lad, I do as the force commands, although I did not realize members of the Confederacy disliked people they've never met before" he said with a hint of a smile and thought *a curious mix of people, I did not realize such other groups of force users existed, I will have to research this* he suddenly furrowed his brow "I sense the darkside, five it seems, not Sith, Inquisitor's? Yes, Inquisitor's" he said quietly trying to judge where they were.

Tags: [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Vytal Noctura"] [member="Beric Layne"] [member="Elliot Drake"]

Vytal turned her gaze aside to regard [member="Gerwald Lechner"] for a moment. A rugged male for whom Vytal held no animosity, yet despite his prior presence on the occasion of opening herself to the perils of the spirit world (and the loss of her Sister), he did not seem comfortable in her presence. At the very least, there'd been little in the way of interaction between then. Or that of Jen-mae, but that seemed another matter perhaps.

As for [member="Beric Layne"], the Witch once more had little judgment until he made known their names. At first merely the last, but in due course the full. A soft tick passed between her teeth and lips hearing her own name spoken aloud. Very well, perhaps in a small part at being introduced as a Knight as well; though she wouldn't hold it against the man for not calling out her being the Nightmother. At the very least it would take a two second cross-reference to figure that out. By the Fanged God...

The kyber crystal was plucked from the table and she turned her upper torso away from the table. Naturally the vendor's eye was drawn, as was their hand in reflex; which was all Vytal required. The fingers of her free hand wrapped about his wrist and soon a glow in the pits of her dark eyes met his gaze. "You will forget our names or that we were here," she hissed quietly. A spellwoven art of persuasion washed over the vendor's mind. A more potent form of the 'Jedi mind trick,' but not without the drawback of more intimate contact.

After a moment she released his hand and calmly placed the crystal back down among the rest. "I only meant to examine it in a different light," she half-heartedly explained to cover what had passed between them.

Vytal turned and examined each of the men present as the young man crowed about being a treasure hunter [member="Elliot Drake"] and the Jedi [member="Makil Bandon"] spoke of Inquisitors drawing near. "By the eyes of the ancestors." A green glow swept about the rings of her eyes before vanishing just as quickly. "Come before we must introduce ourselves to less sociable creatures."

The pale woman turned and moved to rejoin the crowd and led their path away from the peril that would otherwise swiftly close in upon them. Hopefully the rest wouldn't use the Force and send up a signal flare for those pursuing to follow. There wasn't time to hold a lesson in self control or suppression, however. They needed somewhere to pause and discuss how to proceed; somewhere out of sight so they wouldn't be observed by well-meaning or conniving sorts.

"This way," Vytal called back over her shoulder as she turned and moved to one side of the market. A corridor to one side they could slip out of view. Perhaps find an open closet or progress slowly down one of several hallways further beyond.

The market was a hive of activity today it would seem. Wrenarias had been worried that the hunters prowling through the merchant stalls were in search of her, but when they went charging past her after a young man instead she felt a surge of relief. One less thing she had to worry about. Shrugging to herself, she ventured off through the crowds and slowly made her way towards the entire reason for her visit to Feriae Junction -- the kyber crystals vendor.

She was dressed a leather jacket with a fur-lined collar and well-worn leather gloves; but even still, she was careful to not touch any of the passerby that moved around her in the crowds. Best to avoid drawing any unwanted attention to herself.

Blaster shots rang out in the distance, followed by some angry shouting, interrupting her train of thought. An amused smirk tugged at the corner of her lips. Best to avoid drawing unwanted attention to herself, unlike whatever that boy had been doing. It occurred to her that she'd felt a faint ripple in the force when she caught sight of him, but with so much sensory input from the crowded market it had been easy to over look.

Again, she gave an internal shrug and thought to herself, Not my kawakian-monkey lizard, not my circus.

One of the first lessons Kelina taught Wrenarias was to not go getting involved in every single problem that she encountered in the galaxy. At the time, Wrenarias struggled to adapt to the concept.

56hqEWx.png
As expected the vendor had been a fraud, but something had called her here. She'd been hoping to find something with a connection to Kelina, some sort of artifact or trinket that could set her on the right path. Unfortunately, she came up empty handed.

Frustrated by yet another dead end, Wrenarias started to make her way back through the crowd. There were still a few more items and parts she could pick up in the market while she was here. The trip wouldn't be a complete waste of time, not if she had anything to say about it.

Then she heard an argument break out behind her.

She recognized the voice of the merchant that she'd been talking to and she glanced over her shoulder. It was the boy from earlier -- the one that'd been running from the hunters. So he'd managed to escape, only to then go and pick a fight with a merchant about the legitimacy of his wares? Confusion etched itself square onto her features and she couldn't help but chuckle under her breath at the absurdity of it.

Instead of rushing off in search for the supplies she needed, the twi'lek decided to linger nearby and watch the spectacle or a short while. She busied herself at another vendor a few stalls down. It was a shop that sold a variety head wear and jewelry for all sorts of species. She didn't usually buy such niceties for herself, but that didn't make them any less fun to look at.

A group had gathered around the young boy and the argument died down eventually.

She watched a pale woman grab the merchant out of the corner of her eye, intrigued by the strange interaction. More ripples ebbed through the force, clustered together nearby.

It was enough to put her on edge and she politely, but quickly, bought herself a set of silken scarves that were designed to attach to a headband. Time for her to move on, before someone noticed her.

----

[member="Elliot Drake"]
[member="Vytal Noctura"]
[member="Makil Bandon"]
[member="Beric Layne"]

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Wearing: xxx
Tag: [member="Makil Bandon"] | [member="Elliot Drake"] | [member="Vytal Noctura"] | [member="Beric Layne"] | [member="Wrenarias"]

Gerwald almost growled audibly when Beric Layne appeared and gave away names like they were sweet confections for a child. Did the man not know anything about being subtle and keeping certain things held close to the chest. What if they had been their undercover, not that Gerwald's choice of dress or his unmistakable stature gave him the luxury of being one who was fit for that kind of role. No, Gerwald was a Warden of the Knights Obsidian, one who would do whatever was required of him to complete a mission.

Duty. Naedira had shown him what it meant to be a good Knight, and that was to give his life for the cause no matter what that looked like. In this case it meant finding the ripple, which he had. Now he just had to make sure the Knight Commander met this young boy, a boy who claimed to be a treasure hunter.

Gerwald laughed at the introduction.

"That might explain why the enthusiasm about the crystal, but that does not explain the other thing..."

That was subtle... Gerwald was not sure how to explain when other ears were listening, especially a Jedi that also seemed to have little discretion. At least he warned them of the Inquisitors headed their way. Gerwald grinned at the thought of upcoming battle, but had to defer to the command of the nightmother. She was the ranking member present, and as much as Gerwald loathed the thought, he complied.

"Right behind you," he said as he grabbed the kid by the arm. "I am guessing they are after you too, so that means you're coming with us."

Tags: [member="Elliot Drake"] [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Wrenarias"] [member="Vytal Noctura"] [member="Beric Layne"]

As Gerwald grabbed the boy Makil slipped a note in the boys pocket, if read he'd see it says *many will tell you that the force is simply a two way street, good and evil, light and dark, it is not, find the alleys, they are what lead to true understanding of the force*

He then walked away knowing the Knights would not appreciate any more of his presence, as he walked away he used the force to knock over a few box's hoping to draw a couple of the Inquisitor's away, sure enough one of the five ran on a nearby building towards him in which Makil used the force to speed off, the Inquisitor following close behind, *may the force be with you* he thought

From the emotions that came off of the Knight Gerwald Lechner, Beric could tell that the man was not happy with how carelessly he had perhaps introduced himself and companions to the young man. But from the underlying fear that Beric could sense from the youth that was no boasting of his treasure-seeking prowess, the Lord of Frosthall had sensed that the man needed something that he could actually rely upon, not another layer of smoke and half-truths. And thus Beric had given their true names, although withheld their intent. Their intent, though? That he was not sure of, and the situation seemed to constantly evolve even as Beric stood and observed.

His eyes suddenly refocused from his passive observation as the Jedi mentioned Inquisitors. Beric was unfamiliar with the sect, a specialized group of assassin force-users recruited from the ranks of the Sith Empire. But that did not mean he did not know what to do. "It is best that we avoid a confrontation all together. If the Sith discover us, a group of Knights Obsidian, it could have far greater consequences than merely our lives," he said in an undertone, turning partially towards Lechner and the Nightmother and keeping his composure emotionless to cover his doubt from the lad they had just met.

The young man -- he had introduced himself as Elliot Drake -- still intrigued Beric. There was obviously more to the man than being a mere treasure hunter extraordinaire. The man had been fervently arguing with a vendor just minutes before over the validity of the merchant's supposed Kyber crystals, and not only that but about the disrespect it showed towards the Jedi Order. Beric might not know much, but he did know that citizens of the Sith Empire would not try and defend the hated Jedi Order. But now was not the time to talk; that would be later, when they were in a much safer location. "Nightmother," he said, directly addressing Noctura by her title, "Can your magics conceal our presence from the Inquisitors? And you," Beric turned to Elliot. "You know this place better than we do. Is there a discreet route towards the yards, one that those who hunt us would not know?"

Last edited:
Excitement washed over Elliot despite his genuine fear, watching the frustration and fervor brew among the colleagues of the Knights Obsidian. He could tell they had much more than he had in terms of experience and complications in their lives. Their posture and dynamic spoke volumes on it, and it enticed the boy. Aside from being an on-the-run, aspiring Force-User hoping to survive, Elliot certainly loved a good adventure. His expeditions with the late Norman were proof enough of that, especially his time on Dathomir surviving. The boy was young, however, and he needed to heed whatever advice the three had. Makil had made himself scarce, likely outnumbered and a bit off-the-rocker for Elliot's tastes in saviors. Certainly a learned Jedi but nothing that instilled hope. A note was slipped into Elliot's pocket, which he had to ignore for the time being.

The Nightmother [member="Vytal Noctura"] had lead them to safety, with [member="Gerwald Lechner"] taking the boy's arm and being a bit more aggressive in doing so. The raven-haired treasure hunter appreciated it, not hesitating to pick up the pace so Gerwald didn't have to drag him. Elliot felt for his shoto, knowing that the Inquisitors were not far behind and being wary of any bounty hunters on their trail as well. Had none of them been there, the argument with the vendor would have certainly tipped of Jeremiah to his location. "Ah, so, probably a good time to mention this. SO, Jeremiah and I? Not friends. Shocker, I know!" Elliot followed along, looking over his shoulder at all times. [member="Beric Layne"] asked if Elliot knew a way to avoid their pursuers in albeit more of a stealthy fashion, in which he did. Maybe. Actually, it was Elliot's first time in the Feriae Junction.

"So, short answer? No. Long answer? My job is all about finding alternate routes when everything is crumbling around you. We should take a longer path around the main portion of the market to circle back to your ships. Did everyone land separately from each other or close together?" Elliot cycled his eyes through the three, following wherever it was the Nightmother lead them. The boy was glad the Jedi gave them a headstart, but they needed to hurry. "Let's make a deal. Save me and I'm indebted. Deal?" Elliot spoke generally, hoping someone bit at the offer. Norman. What the hell did you get me into? "Also I have a VERY good explanation as to why there are Inquisitors after me, BUT now's not the time, tale for the bonfire after yeah?"

Elliot chuckled, trying to keep things light-hearted but never letting a single motion detract from his need to survive and avoid a likely dangerous battle. Not all of them were worth it, and he hadn't a single lick of trust in his safety at the moment. Only small relief.

As the group moved off with the eccentric man that was prattling on about someone named Jeremiah in tow, Wrenarias felt something through the force--a shadow shifting in darkness. Her eyes flicked up, as if looking to the stars for some sort of answer, before she glanced around her surroundings. The miasma of malice and unmitigated anger roiled through the market, making the strange shift that Wren had sensed unmistakable. She tensed up when she saw the cluster of inquisitors rounding the corner.

They stood out among the crowds of citizens shuffling about their daily lives, impossible to miss now.

One of the men broke off from the group, drawing away one of the inquisitors as he went. For a fleeting moment, Wren hoped that she would go unnoticed, hidden among the throng of people. As casually as she could, she turned to walk in the opposite direction of the group who'd been clustered around the kyber crystal vendor. It took every ounce of her will power to not bolt immediately. That would have only drawn attention to her, which was counterproductive since the inquisitors seemed so intent on the others.

Or at least, they were.

Just as the four remaining inquisitors approached the corridor the group had used to slip away, one of the black-clad men came to a stop and slowly turned his head. His compatriots paused a few paces ahead, turning to look back at him.

"You've got to be kidding me." Wren muttered under her breath, glancing over her shoulder.

Vivid red eyes locked onto her lavender-colored gaze and a cruel grin spread over the inquisitor's features. He said something, but Wrenarias couldn't make it out from this far away, and then he waved the rest of the group onward -- likely sending them off after their original quarry. It wasn't until he moved off in Wren's direction that she broke into a run. The last thing she wanted was to get dragged into a fight with an inquisitor in the middle of a crowded, enclosed space.

As she fled, she reached into her jacket and pulled a silver, cylindrical baton from an inner pocket. With the click of a button, the handle extended to allow for two-handed strikes and improved range -- a modification that she'd added herself after being gifted the weapon years ago. Up ahead, she caught sight of several crates that were stacked in just the right manner that would allow her to scale up them and leap into the rafters overhead. It would mean breaking from the cover of the crowd, but the pursuit was already underway, she might as well get away bystanders.

The twi'lek kicked the ground and leaped up on top of the pile of crates, quickly scrambling higher as the owner of the shop turned to shout at her. "Sorry!" She called back to him and then gave the pile a subtle push with the force once she was perched up on a rafter, above the market.

Moments later, the perilously stacked crates came crashing down. Good spilled out over the street below, causing a sizable disturbance as greedy customers started to snatch up bits of imported fruits and vegetables. Wren grimaced a little, not having intended to cause quite such a scene. Nevertheless, she was happy with the result -- the inquisitor's chase was interrupted as he attempted to pursue her. Before he had the chance to look up and locate her, Wrenarias spun around and cautiously crept along the rafters, making her way back towards the space port.

-------------------

[member="Elliot Drake"]
[member="Beric Layne"]
[member="Vytal Noctura"]

It was good that [member="Gerwald Lechner"] made sure the young man they'd encountered came along. Some people might have shrugged off a bunch of Knights from the Confederacy of Independent Systems as an oddity, with their departure allowing a return to their original business. Those people were the kind that often ended up dead at the hands of the Sith pursuing them -- or wishing they were dead. Either way, not a good thing to risk leaving Elliot behind. She, however, had been occupied with locating the safe way through the crowd before they were surrounded.

As for the Jedi... Well, Vytal didn't wish him any harm. That man was likely able to take care of himself, even if he was closer to a Book of Law practitioner than any reasonable person should be. Their kind full of peace, harmony, and love had a surprising talent to survive. Otherwise the Nightsisters would have ended their overly sentimental lineages on Dathomir long ago.

If only she could say the same for Lord [member="Beric Layne"] . As she'd ruminated not long ago, however, it would be a childishly easy thing to note one 'Vytal Noctura' was the 'Nightmother' in the Southern and Western reaches of the Galaxy. That 'cat' was well out of the bag already. What Vytal would later want to know -- aside from why he used her full name -- was how he'd recognized her. A man hadn't been thrown off by a different arrangement of tattoos? Surprisingly attentive to details to see her face as it was rather than be distracted by the markings of Dathomir. In truth, that was a compliment. Just poor timing in referring to her openly and honestly.

A green eye peered back at Beric as he spoke. [member="Elliot Drake"] then posited his deal in exchange for an expedient and graceful exit. "Deal." Vytal began to quickly move her hands in the air before them. "We commit ourselves into the embrace of our Mothers," she intoned, and in so doing cast a sickly green hue across every surface that surrounded them. The corridor grew dim as though light struggled to reach the place they now occupied.

"Do not risk to hope the Inquisitors lack the means to pursue us, or that they will not know where we go next. Let us make haste." Through it all, the Nightmother had not faltered or slowed in her stride. Conceal them? Easy enough. But the Sith -- despite their brutish nature -- could be cunning. It would not do well for them to underestimate their prowess as hunters. "Drake, come here and direct our path. The faster the path to the the hangers, the greater your chance of escaping their clutches." Quite a personal motivation for not dawdling or any more scenic explorations, Vytal hoped.

Tag: [member="Wrenarias"] | [member="Makil Bandon"]​

"Good. Let's get moving," Beric intoned as he cast a furtive glance around the market before nodding towards Elliot to proceed, drawing up the cowl of his fur cloak to cover his face while he did so. Perhaps he had been brash to throw around the names of his companions in such a place like this, so far from the safe waters of the Confederacy, but at the time it had felt to be the right decision in order to win over the younger man's trust. Instinctively, Beric felt for his lightsaber that was hooked onto his belt, feeling its familiar grip as he grasped it with a gloved hand. It would be unwise to draw his weapon unless he needed to, but all of Beric's teaching had taught him that the first man out with the sword would likely win the duel.

However, this was not the sort of place where a duel would be ideal. That, and the ever-growing presence of darkness that seemed to tug on Beric's gut was increasing his dislike for this place. He was well aware of the dark aurora emanating from his fellow Knight, and the Nightmother seemed to have an altogether different feel to her as well -- not exactly coming from the light, but too mysterious to call it the dark side. Yet the discomfort was not coming from his companions. He felt that the inquisitors were surely to blame for his dark premonitions, yet he couldn't shake off the tremor in the force that had led him to this place, to this man that was not much more than a child. Yes, it would be wise to get off of the planet, and get off fast so they could find out exactly what they were dealing with.

Elliot, appointed by the Nightmother to guide them to the hangars, had to improvise rather quickly. He wasn't entirely familiar with the Feriae Junction and had to rely on his skills developed from the life of exploration he lead with Norman. The pain still festered in his heart, knowing that it wasn't too long ago that his mentor and adoptive father was killed by the Inquisitor hunting him now. For the moment, he had to cast that darkness aside and be the wayfarer that would lead the Knights Obsidian out of the clutches of several inquisitors.

And so, the raven-haired force sensitive lead them on a wide arc through the back alleys of the market. This would be where the black market trades would be, as well as the blind spot of the Feriae Junction. Surely the dark dwellers wouldn't appreciate the Inquisitors and might even be a hurdle for them. On the same token, those people could be a hurdle for Elliot and his allies. With the group making an early departure, it would surely give them the head-start they needed.

So, as they weaved through the cluttered alleys and drew many introverted eyes, Elliot was excited to step closer towards a breath of freedom. The fear in his heart, however, gnawed at the back of his mind. With every split-second decision, he would create a path that was not only uncertain but presumptuous that the Inquisitors had not already laid a trap. The feeling of darkness wasn't only internal, it was a feeling that made Elliot well-aware of Jeremiah being on the Feriae Junction. Sure that the others would simply be imprisoned and that Jeremiah would kill him, the orphaned Drake tried to make his fears subside.

Anxiety filled his fingertips with every time he pushed something to swerve around it or pressed onto a surface such as a crate full of questionable goods to jump over. Abruptly, an armored arm came from around a stack of boxes and clothes-lined the boy. Instantly, he was brought to his back, an Inquisitor duo making themselves known with staves that had kyber-powered pikes on both ends. Both attempted to impale Elliot while the boy coughed and clawed for air after being hit in the throat. Hopefully his companions would stop this from being his end.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura Beric Layne Beric Layne Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

It impressed the Nightmother the Sith managed to track them through the dead-space of the world; but it did not shock her. Tracking them was possible for a Force User (perhaps they even knew something of spirits); Vytal doubted they had a command of the art, however. Nevertheless, their first mistake was not recognizing the nature of their prey. Their second was in lashing out at their intended target before clearing the area. And their third mistake was leaving themselves open to attack by not having others covering them.

The Dathomiri woman's hands lifted from her sides, fingers spread open. When she thrust them forth translucent, green limbs as thick as tree trunks appeared and swept forth. Their hands flew true toward the Inquisitors' chests to knock them away from the man they sought to kill; and unlike the mortal prey the Sith had given chase, these limbs cared not for a mere lightsaber.

"On your feet, Treasure Hunter," Vytal called out. The veil of the dead faded and the vibrancy of the mortal world returned to the group. It was best, if forced into a confrontation, that their senses not be muddled by the blanket of an unfamiliar level of existence.

Beric was tempted to switch on his lightsaber, and he could feel the dark tempt him to run his blade through the heart of the inquisitor. But igniting his ice-blue lightsaber in the midst of this dark crowd would only draw more attention, and the killing of an unarmed opponent was both dishonorable and against the code that Beric had sworn to uphold. And so, summoning the lightsaber that hung deactivated from the Inquisitor's side, Beric used the force to slam the armored man into the ceiling to knock him unconscious. Falling like a ragdoll back to the floor, Beric turned satisfied to the group as he buckled the inquisitor's lightsaber on his belt. The force worked in mysterious ways, and Beric reasoned that the stolen blade may yet be of use to him; regardless, it would no longer be used to torture and murder.

"They know where we are," Beric said in a low tone as he offered a gauntlet hand to help pull Elliot to his feet. The force was becoming more convoluted with the dark side, and Beric silently cursed himself for not being able to sense the Inquisitor. The words of his father echoed in his mind . . . Open yourself to the Force . . . Let it guide you. As he reached out, he could feel the dark signatures of the other Inquisitors as they drew ever nearer. He gave a look to the Nightmother, then back to the young man they were trying to rescue you. "I sense that the docks are near, but so are the remaining Inquisitors. We must get there fast if we wish to avoid a full-on confrontation."

It was intense, watching the experts fend off the the Inquisitors that dare threaten the boy's life. Staring into the ceiling, Elliot wasn't sure what to make of it. He almost lost his life being the pathfinder for their escape. They were deep into Sith territory, so if the Inquisitors wanted to...they could just call for their friends. A quick call for back-up would bring the iron fist of the Sith down on them. If it was just Elliot there, this would be less likely but now things are complicated. A Jedi and a Nightsister together? If there was a profile for that the Empire had relating to the CIS, they would know how much of a threat was present.

Anxious and wheezing for air, Elliot came to a solid footing, the energy of his anxiety pulsating through the unsettled dust around him. His frail body was poised in a disoriented manner and an innocent fear in his expression. Holding his own head with his hand, Elliot took a moment to regain himself after such a heavy stun. Without saying much after, he dashed forward to continue leading the trio behind him. Nearing the docks, the treasure hunter made sure his senses were kept keen.

A ringing filled his ears and a pulse akin to a momentary spike in his blood pressure stopped him, deciding to take position behind some crates of the alley. Turning to the trio behind him, he put a bony finger to his lips, peering around the corner. As he gazed forward, the itching feeling in his brain that resonated with the ringing in his ears and the pulsating feeling had grown into feeling as if bugs crawled along the plasticity of his brain. Flies and worms dirtying it, a personification of the enemies before him.

This dark lens into his extrasensory perception was born from the damp poison of his bloody escape. Norman's death was going to haunt him in the form of infesting maggots for a long time. With trembling hands, Elliot wished only to kill the Inquisitors searching for them. They were hasty and did not position themselves like the last two, but they also knew there was no contact with those the Nightmother and Beric had slain. Three stood in a triangular formation, spaced generously. The one closest was to the right, brandishing a vibro-rapier with a rather dexterous physique.

The second was to the left and a little bit further back, having a massive tower shield and vibro-spear, ready to take on a stronger combatant. The last being all the way in the back, horizontally in the middle and having a massive vibro-glaive polearm. They all had the typical Inquisitor armor but seemed to be a balance of well-rounded features. After scanning them, Elliot felt a twitch in his fingers. Each of them were Jeremiah. He wanted to kill them, and this manifested in a raw emotion. That raw emotion shook the ground, and that extended towards the Inquisitors who were hunting them. With the alley being darker than the rest of the Junction, it had to be illuminated by lamps.

While the boy was not a force adept in terms of finesse, he certainly had potential. Using one of the few tricks he learned from Norman, knowing he let some of his potential bleed out, he twisted his hand in an orbital motion, fanning his fingers before using the twist to close his hand abruptly. The lamps that gave them sight imploded and crushed the light from within, cutting off their vision. Confident in the discipline of the Jedi, the magic of the Nightmother and the extrasensory...guessing of his own, he felt he gave them the upper hand.

Or he stupidly handed their lives to those Inquisitors. Either way, the boy did not make the first move and the Inquisitors were surely aware of them now.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura Beric Layne Beric Layne

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom