Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request for entry into academy

To whom it may concern:

My name is Optio Sargon Vynea of the 121st Legion. I do hereby request entry into the Rattatak Military Academy for the purpose of advancing my career and better serving the Lord of the Fringe. While I have only served in two campaigns I believe the results of my squad speak well for me. You have my full military file and if at this time I qualify to join you will find no candidate who will put in more effort then myself.

Optio Sargon Vynea
121st Legion

((OOC: No rush flush our your campaign and all that just wanted to throw this up figured it be a fun way to start it.))
@[member="Dranok Lussk"]

Matreya

IC Well son, I've read your admission papers...I approve of your methods and person, so lets work on getting you in gear! Also, the 120th is better suited! But that is neither here nor there!

(OOC just hit up Dranok, explain why you feel you deserve a rank, and hell take it from there.)

@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"]
I think he's requesting for IC training. :)

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]
To: Vynea, Sargon - Optio
Encryption: Minimal
Transmission:
Hello and thank you for your interest in attending the Rattatak Military Academy to further your studies in Military Science and become an Officer of the Fringe Legions!

We are currently accepting applicants with previous experience, and as you've stated, you do indeed have a fair amount of field experience in working with the Legions. Our records report that there has also been a recommendation put in for you by Lord Admiral Dranok Lussk of the 119th Legion. Given all of this, your application has been accepted!

Congratulations! You will now become a segment of the long grey line of Legionnaire Officers that have graduated from the Academy. Your 2 year long training period will encompass the following:
  • Advanced Tactical Field Command
  • Resource Allocation & Displacement
  • Logistics and Support Operations
  • Small & Large Unit Operations
  • Advanced Weapons Handling
Congratulations once again! Your Commanding Officer will be informed of your acceptance and you will ship of to Rattatak at the soonest time. Please report to your Legion's Staff Adjutant to begin the transfer process.

Signed,
Broadband Vayne Niran, Training & Doctrine Regional Commander

The Rattatak Academy was not what Sargon expected, but he imagined appearances could be deceiving. The complex surrounded a massive citadel, its face appeared almost ancient in nature. It was designed to look like one of the old historic structures, but he imagined beneath the thin outer wall he imaged state of the art sensors and hidden turbo-laser were always ready for fire. Walking in he looked over the lawn wondering how much of it held deadly surprises underneath.

He'd been pleasantly surprised at the speed in which he'd gotten his acceptance letter from the academy. He was however even more surprised to hear that a Lord Admiral had put him up for candidacy. He didn't even think anyone beyond his own legion would have had a reason to take notice of him. He hadn't realized the officer training school was going to take a full two years but he figured it worth the time if he was going to stay with the Fringe military.

His transfer had gone smoothly though he'd been a bit loathe to part with his legionnaire battle armor, and weapons but he was told he'd be receiving new equipment when he arrived. Command armor from what he understood was a bit more advanced then his last uniform. Most of that was in the sensors and heads up display. It would also was capable of locating personal within the Legion to better coordinate movement and reinforcements. Of course first he had to pass two years worth of assessments and training.

Walking into the registry area Sargon felt nearly naked in his plain gray uniform lacking all insignia and rank. His personal effects being what little they were had already been sent ahead and as such he arrived with literally nothing. Waiting out his time in the short line Sargon handed the registry his acceptance letter and waited for further directions.

@[member="Dranok Lussk"]​

The imposing grey-uniformed figure of Dranok Lussk cast a shadow across the faces of several saluting legionnaires as he strode down the corridor. He nodded in acknowledgement, breathing a relaxing sigh as he shifted his datapad into his other hand. The acceptance ceremony would be beginning shortly and the Lord Admiral couldn't wait to invite them into these hallowed halls that had witnessed the rising of many great military leaders. Even a few that he'd personally selected had arrived for this semester, the top one being an Optio who went by the name Sargon Vynea. The Lord himself had seen the man in action various times, who not only approved of his tactics and methods, but wanted to teach him even more.

He made his way to the auditorium, its massive pillars aligning the centre draped in the red banners of the Rattatak Military Academy, its walls peppered with the portraits and bios of famous alumni and their successes. Dranok's golden eyes gleamed with excitement as he walked up the ramp to the stage, placing his datapad on the podium and sighing yet again.

"Call them in." His wrist was raised to his mouth, deep words being spoken into the comlink.
"Yes, sir."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon had to he simply had nervous jitters as the class was called into the hall. It was an imposing room filled with history as it was being written. The walls were covered in pictures and their stories etched into history as well as the plaques they'd received in honor. The stately banners hung above his head the heavy fabric unmoved by the tiny breeze caused by the air control system. Ahead stood a larger then life figure, the head of Rattatak Academy Lord Admiral Dranok Lussk.

The man's presence simply encouraged the mystery Sargon felt about his own entry. What had lead the man so far removed to a simple Optio's name forward for entry into the academy. He'd never met him, nor did he serve in the 119th Legion which Lussk was the Legate of. Sargon himself wore a simple gray uniform his current rank of Optio sewn into the collar. He felt a bit old as well as he took a quick glance around. Most members of the class were young and many of them held no rank but that of a cadet.

Some no doubt came from families of fortune or new political power in the Fringe, and most likely a few families of old political power from before the Fringe's time. He caught amongst the ranks though a few others he knew were around his own age. Some of the more alien species he'd couldn't even have guessed their age.

Reaching his prestaged spot on the hall floor Sargon came stopped moving forward but continued his march in place. Waiting for the signal Sargon stared straight ahead his mind abuzz with curiosity. He wasn't really sure what he was going to be looking at here, but he was excited. As the double doors booms to a close he knew it was time.

“Cadets, halt.” With the sound of thunder inside of the closed hall each member stopped their march the second boot coming down with extra force. “Cadets, salute.” Each cadet snapped to salute the man on the podium. Their eyes and ears trained on him as the world faded away.

@[member="Dranok Lussk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom