Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic's Shadow (Galactic Republic Thread)

Ossus

Sitting in a small chair, the room that he had been in for more than four hours was starting to lose it's appeal. He coughed for a few seconds before hands reached down, touching his throat again. Feeling the pain disappear, he sighed, looking at the Jedi Healer with a soft smile.

"I've got to tell you, that feels great..."

Looking up, the young woman didn't smile, merely focusing on his throat, a deep frown appearing on her face. "Master Manto, you wouldn't have had to come if you didn't smoke in the first place. The fact that I can use the Force to cure diseases doesn't mean that you should knowingly do something that has a great chance of getting a disease."

"I've been smoking on this pipe for a long time now. It's not just tobacco in here. There are special herbs and vitamins in there, things that help the body, that help in battle. The Ewoks taught me about that, when I spent time on Endor during the Galactic Civil War."

"Well, you getting lung cancer can't certainly be what the Ewoks wanted."

Laughing softly at her comment, she finally pulled away, nodding to him. Getting up, he cleared his throat, no longer feeling the burning sensation nor the pain in his chest.

"I've got to say, I might know a lot about the Force, but the healing arts was something I never really focused on, yet they may remain as the greatest set of powers a Jedi can learn."

"Well, just try to promise me you won't smoke the moment you leave."

"No, I've got work to do. I'll be in my room for the rest of the day focusing on other things."

Cleaning up everything and putting things back, she nodded with her back turned. "Oh, such as?"

"I've been doing more research on the One Sith, with how the Jedi may be able to stop them in the future. I learned a lot from the newer Sith Orders when I returned to the Galaxy. The Dark Sith Order and Regnum In Potestas were two Sith orders that showed me what the Sith were capable of."

Turning around, she gave him an odd look. "I never heard of them..."

"Well, it was hundreds of years ago. They were powerful-"

Raising a hand to stop him from continuing on, she moved forward, the look becoming more intense. "No, Master, I mean I've never heard of those organizations, and I'm well versed in galactic history."

Looking at her, he let out an awkward laugh.

"Well, you must've not read everything. For example, the Galactic Crusade that occurred was another event in which I learned of how nefarious the forces of evil can work, when an Imperial faction destroyed parts of Taris by diverting it's moon."

Staring at him, she slowly shook her head. "Master, nothing like that has ever happened to Taris. There was never anything called a Galactic Crusade or those Sith factions you spoke of. Are you alright? What are you remembering?"

Getting up, his eyes were now blazing. "I'm remembering events in my life! I was there for them, to see the Galaxy change! How can you not know about this?"

"Master, none of that ever happened..."

Feeling his pulse quicken, he moved quickly, leaving her stunned. Coming out into the corridor, he began to rush to the archives, not understanding what was going on. As he came in, he rushed straight to a computer, typing in things as fast as he could, anything that he could think of that was from his previous times.

The Jedi Council
No records found

Feeling his body shake, he kept tying.

Dark Sith Order
No records found

Mason England
Bethany Kismet
Hawk Hinata
Santeria Decuir
Witches of Dathomir
Galactic Crusade

No records found

Everything seemed to freeze as he stared at the computer before he did something he had never done before.

He slithered away fast...

Pushing past Jedi, his heart was beating so fast he thought he was going to die, but as he rushed into his room, he looked around, trying to figure out what was going on. Why didn't the archives have anything relating to the events of the galaxy in his time? Why did he remember but the young Knight had no idea of what he was talking about.

Feeling a throbbing in his head, he began to groan before he felt something snap, and as he crashed on the ground, he blacked out.

Some Time Later

Feeling sunshine, he didn't open his eyes right away, enjoying that simple thing, until he realized he didn't have windows in his room. Opening his eyes slowly, he found he was in a soft field, surrounded by mountains and small rivers, a setting he knew instinctively.

Naboo...

It was just as exactly as he remembered it, when he had served with the Jedi Council. In fact, it looked almost too familiar, as if it had never changed. Slithering slowly, he couldn't understand what was going on until he saw a black shape on the edge of the field, a shape so familiar he froze, shaking.

"Malic...?"

Turning around, he saw Mak staring at him, as if it was all an illusion. Grinning to himself, something the worm could never see, he floated forward, his hands stretching out as if he was getting ready to embrace an old friend.

"Mak Manto. It's been such a long time, and here you are now, inside your mind. Yes, Mak, this is your mind, you're not really on Naboo. Why you chose Naboo as your "safe place" to go to in your mind is a bit pathetic, but it's your mind."

Looking around, he remembered how much he hated the planet. In fact, that would be one thing he would have to do: burn the planet to the ground once he got back to doing what he had to.

"You must be so confused, as to why no one or nothing remembers of your old events after you returned to the Galaxy."

Breathing hard, he closed his eyes for a few seconds, hoping this was just a bad dream, but as he opened them, Malic was still there.

"How... How are you in my mind again? I thought I expelled you from my mind hundreds of years ago. How are you in it again, AND WHY DOESN'T ANYONE REMEMBER ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE GALAXY?"

Breathing harder, there wasn't nothing more that he wanted then to slice him down, but he was the only one who could give him answers.

Floating silently, he waited for the tirade to finish.

"The reason why no one remembers any of the events you experienced after you returned to the Galaxy and the reconstituted Jedi after Palpatine's death is that it never happened..."

Seeing the scared and confused look on Mak's face, he laughed hard, the ground shaking a tiny bit.

"This isn't the same galaxy, Mak. You're in an alternate reality..."

"You don't remember, do you...?"

Laughing again, he was relishing what he was able to do to Mak.

"After you were placed in cryostasis by the Alliance due to the fact they felt you were a threat, some bad things happened in the Galaxy. Nothing catastrophic or anything on that scale, but there were was an event that made the Rebels look to you for an answer. This was several years later after you were placed in, and they were running out of answers on how to stop the threat, so they pulled you out."

"The idea was that they would use you to stop their problems and then place you back in cryostasis. However, they knew full well if you were out again, you probably wouldn't be so keen on going back in cryostasis. So, they pumped so much drugs in you that you would do what they needed and then they could put you back nice and safe..."

"I'm getting there, you impatient worm. DON'T interrupt me again..."

Oh, Mak needed to be slapped down so hard, to be reminded where he truly was in the scale of things.

"The threat involved the Empire and the Sith. They had worked together on a project that allowed them to distort space by using the Dark Side. Something similar to a Force Storm, but with the Empire's technology, something new. This power allowed them to direct this anomaly and destroy what they needed. They decided to send you in and destroy their technology so that they couldn't use it again."

"You and several others went to stop it, but the mission went astray. You successfully stopped it, but you and your team were sucked in by this distortion. When you and the team woke up, you were on the same planet, but in this dimension, this reality, this new universe, whatever you want to call it."

Mak shook his head, refusing to believe it.

"That doesn't make sense... There are others in this Galaxy who know me. Rodo! Rodo Mass is here, and he knows of everything I've done."

"Rodo was part of your team. The Rebels thought someone who knew you, who could keep an eye on you was best. Rodo's job was to make sure you didn't get out of line. That's why he stopped you. However, the Rebels decided to erase part of his memory involving it, so he wouldn't try to free you later on. That's why he's here but also why he never spoke of the mission. I know the droid has decided to spend time alone on another world with that Shard in him, to focus on himself, so maybe he knows the truth that it's a different universe or maybe he doesn't. As to why I'm here is actually quite simple."

"I was the one who helped with the project..."

"The Sith wanted someone who could manipulate space, so I and other Sith decided to go ahead. Despite the fact I was a rogue, I found it extremely informative, and when you came, you and I had our battle. You almost killed me, you know. We battled for about an hour before you managed to slice me almost completely away. At that point, I decided that my survival was necessary, and so I fled into your mind again."

"I didn't think that we would be transported to another universe, but that's what you get when dealing with experimental technology..."

"You're lying..."

Getting up, he pointed at him, knowing it couldn't be true with what he had said.

"When I awoke to this current timeline, I was on Sernpidal, the same planet I was on when the Alliance placed me in cryostasis. If this is a different universe, how was it they placed me in the same exact building? How do all of the Jedi know of my name and what I did during the Clone Wars and the Old Order?"

"There are many things similar to this Galaxy and the one we were previously in. The Mak Manto of this universe did the same things you did pretty much straight up through the Clone Wars. The only difference between you and him is that he died during the Jedi Purge that the Empire created. He was on a small unknown world, killed by a disease he picked up, and vanished away without the Empire or anyone else knowing. The only reason I know this is that I spent the time looking for you once I understood this universe was different."

"If you remember, I can project myself into the Galaxy, but I can't harm or interact with anyone. I spent hundreds of years in cryostasis, and let me tell you, while you were completely frozen, your mind didn't freeze and I was awake. I spent 700 years doing a lot with my time."

"As for why you were in the same building, as I said, many things are the same in both universes. There was a facility on Sernpidal just as there was on in the old universe, and they placed you in there when they realized it was a different universe. They didn't want you free in this one either."

"Oh, why are you whimpering? It doesn't matter if we're in a different universe. You already thought everyone you knew was were dead due to the fact we were in cryostasis for around 700 years."

He laughed hard, nodding.

"Do you really think anyone loved you, that anyone cared for you? You're hated and despised no matter where you go. You know, I've said it before, but while you and I may be the complete opposites, we're also closer to one another than you can believe."

"And speaking of being closer, we now get back to the real problem. I'm not staying in your mind again, Mak. I've been here for 700 years, and I don't really think spending the next few years driving you insane until you snap like the last time is worth the wait."

"You're not leaving..."

Getting up, the only thing he had left inside of him was to stop Malic at any cost, to bring down the Sith no matter what it took.

"Maybe we'll always be together, with me feeding you my hatred and you feeding me your disgust, but I'll never allow you to come back into this Galaxy again. You're staying right here, where I know you won't be able to harm anyone."

Floating slowly, he came over to where Mak stood and without hesitation, picked up the worm by his robes lifting him a foot off the ground.

"You make it sound as if it's a debate. I already told you, I've had seven hundred years to plan this out. During your time in cryostasis, I planted thoughts in your subconscious. Subtle ones, ones that would take a long time to reach you when you came out of cryo. You thought they were yours, but when they were really mine."

Seeing the confused look on Mak's face, he nodded again.

"Don't remember? After you brought back Thisspias to the Republic, you stayed on the planet for a while, doing small things and living there to figure out everything with your new life. During that time, you went to Arkania, to speak with the Arkanian Domain about having them construct a new body. Naturally, since I am a Dark Spirit, such a body couldn't be created, since I am a manifestation of the Dark Side of the Force."

"I must admit, with all of the various factions and powers in this galaxy, I was unsure of where Arkania would fall in this new map, but for it to be in the hands of the Republic, it was too easy, easier then it would've been if the planet was independent. A senior Jedi Master's request was more than enough to have them genetically create a new body, a NEW species."

"I won't divulge the secrets of what they did to get this body, it'll spoil the surprise. There are problems with it, just as there are problems with being a Dark Spirit, but this body of mine will allow me to do more than I ever could've thought."

"I'll use transfer essence to this body, thus leaving you in yours and then me being in the new one. From there, my grand plan will start up again, and I will make sure you stay alive right up until the very end to see it complete."

Gripping his robes tighter, is anger was now escalating.

"I've encountered more Jedi in my life than I really wanted to, but you are the one who's stood in my way for far too long! I want you to see this galaxy break, and I WILL be the one to kill you..."

Throwing him down, he laughed loudly.

Looking up, he shook his head again, refusing to believe it.

"You're lying! Why would the Arkanians create a body if I asked them? Why would they be fine with that, with a Jedi asking them to create a new body, A NEW SPECIES, just because they're with the Republic? None of this makes sense!"

"You would be surprised what the Arkanians do if you throw enough credits in their face. You know as well as I do that genetic proliferation runs rampant on the world, even as they sit under the banner of the Republic. However, by using your body and your power in the Force and my expertise in Sith alchemy, I created a Sithspawn after it was finished. It's sitting now in a safe place, ready for me to use, and my alterations on it will allow me to get back to what I do best..."

"Terrorizing the galaxy..."

"However, before I do, I need control of you one more time, and then you'll be free of me once and for all."

Looking down, he smiled to himself.

"Ready, Mak? It's going to be the experience of a lifetime..."

Looking up in horror, he felt a deep fear fall into his body and despite how hard he tried, he blacked out, but not before he heard that laugh fill his head.

Mak's Room

Opening the eyes, Malic looked around at the floor for a second before getting up. Laughing softly, he stretched Mak's body, feeling the familiar sensation of being the Thisspiasian.

"Oh, how I always hated being in this body..."

There was no time, however, to relish that he had control. He couldn't know of how long it would last before Mak would fight with him inside of his mind to regain control. And the fact he was in the enemy's home, surrounded by Jedi who would cut him down if they knew who he was, it meant he was in a dangerous situation.

He had to go to Arkania, to speak one more time to the scientists who worked on the body and then to the spot where he had put it for safekeeping. And then, well then the real fun would start...

Leaving the room, he smiled, knowing full well this Galaxy had no idea of what was about to happen.

It had been some time since she'd lase seen master [member="Mak Manto"] . The last time she did was just before she had been knighted, and before her grand change in life. So much had happened to her she felt the need to console her feelings with master Manto. Morgana had learned the truth of her family and heritage, that she was the daughter of an Empress of the planet Effekt, which made her a princess by birthright. It was a lot to take in and she felt the council from a master would be of great assistance in these troubling days.​
As she approached his quarters Morgana began to feel something. It seemed bad. The force had alerted her to something that was not right. She was not sure what it was but now, as a knight, her senses with the force and connected far stronger than when she was just a padawan learner. She seemed hesitant but finally knocked on his door.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom