Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic Negotiations

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Viskis landed down on the planets surface within the spacesport with one of the Curich-class shuttle his leader had provided him. The pilot nodded to him with a phrase, 'good luck,' as he got off. He had a bit of stress on his mind, as the other meetings he had, he could have failed. A few... he did. But this one, he couldn't fail, by order of his leader. The old man could be exceedingly stressful at times, but he was right... at least, about this one. He left the shuttle to get it registered, and awaited the signal given to him, or be found. He wasn't given much information about this meeting, but just in case, he held up a holo message saying 'Republic'

Ana brought word of the vessel landing. Faith stood looking out, was this more bad news? Was this. Oh feth who knew.

"Send a detail greet the ship bring them to me" The make shift government she was part of operated as best it could. So. Even with all that happened security was tight. So this was why she was careful and ordered the detail she knew not to trust strangers.

[member="Galven Solomon"]

Viskis was found and brought to Faith, the woman he was supposed to meet. Dressed in old and aging smuggler gear, he gave a little half-assed salute to the woman. "Hey there, it seemed you and my leader or he spoke to someone to have this little meeting. I was given less details about the whole operation, as I was out, doing other things, and he sends me the HoloMessage to do this asap, short on time. Since we haven't been caught yet, and you seem to be the outfit we're looking for, we'll get the code out of the way and get on with it. Call me Viskis, that's what you get. I'm no enemy, and my leader needs help. Do you want the long version, or the short version?"

Faith nodded, "ok Viskis, give me the version I need to understand all the sides involved and how you think the Republic is suppose to play a part in it" Her dark eyes surveyed the man before her, something told her he wasn't everything he presented himself to be.

She put her hands before her, and clasped them together, she really wanted to hear what he had to say.

"5,000 souls. One man with a passion. One mighty blow." he said, standing away from the wall, taking a serious stance. "5,000 innocent people trying to be saved from an enemy organization. An organization who, for years, forced a man to kill his friends and family. All at a chance to deal damage and save lives in a single go. That's what this is all about. Thousands of innocent lives aboard my bosses ship, men and woman who were forced to serve an evil organization, one who claims to be the Empire of Old, who are not the type to raise arms against the One Sith, who are friends and military puppets that give strength to the First Order. This is a triple threat if we let it continue, and it'll become worse than it is today if we let it feed." Viskis took a cig from his pocket, bent and broken, he put it in his mouth, grabbed a lighter and lit it, taking a puff before pulling it out. "Said the man who was great at speeches. That's what my leader has said countless times to the soldier's that he has swayed over to his side. You see, a lot of those people are families to the soldiers, entire families, and others are people who just want to leave. You realize what happens when you go rogue from an imperialist organization? It isn't sunshine and daisies, I'll say that. And, surprise! We need help, helping others. What we need for you, is to have a planet prepared. Pull back all your ships, be open to a ground invasion. And make the soldiers on the ground hunker down like it's the Clone Wars all over again. You should lose minimal lives, and the boss promises to reimburse you for what you lose, if you lose anything. He'll come in, claim to be assisting his supreme leader, send reinforcements down to the planet, and then everything hits the fan. His soldiers will reinforce yours, taking hits and blows, protecting yours. In which while... You could push, or hold your ground. Either way, there will be fireworks in the sky. Once the infighting begins, you can send your ships in, if you so choose. But if you stick back, and hold your position, it's almost guaranteed you'll lose nothing, save thousands of lives, and... Afterward, Galven would be willing to dispense to you all the information he has on these enemies. He has information they would slaughter for. That's all we ask, and it's a big ask, expecting you to trust someone you don't know. But we've gone through too many great lengths to have this meeting, the things my boss alone had to go through just to get here. This has been a plan almost his entire life in the service of his enemy. Now, what do you say? Can we expect word later on? Maybe right here and now we can get an answer? The fight will happen soon, and it isn't looking well for us."

Faith took in the words, stepping back slightly wrinkilng her nose, smoking she heard was bad for the lungs. She thought about this plan this strategy that he was explaining to her. It sounded dangerous.

Her homeworld of Alderaan had been subject to invading forces and now he was asking her to take part in a ruse that would be almost the same thing. She had to think on this, "So you want Repubic forces to create a gap for your boss' forces to get through, so that they can assist the Republic in taking over the planet. Do I understand correctly?"

It was important to understand all the details, for one missed detail one misunderstanding and innocent people could be hurt. So..

Did she understand?

Viskis shook his head. "It's your planet, you're gonna keep it. Just leave it undefended in space, let the enemy invade with ground forces. Fight off the ground forces. Then we swoop in, mop up the trash. You lose little or nothing, and save some people."

"This what you ask requires a great deal of trust, what assurances do I have that this is truly the plan?" With all the things happening within the Republic lately she knew she had to tread carefully and not invite any more trouble.

And to leave one of their planets open for invasion, and then rely upon someone who she knew very little about, the Republic would think she had lost her mind. If it all went wrong, they'd put her in a small cage for a long time.

"Keep your space fleet close. My boss is just a governor in the big mans army. My boss doesn't have a fleet, just one ship. If anything happens just... Pop in and pop some ships. If this was a lie, well, it's a weak lie. If this is truth, why do we trust you with that serious information? My boss has been planning this for nearly thirty years, the thibgs he had to do to set things in motion, no. If he didn't trust you, he wouldn't throw all his hard work away. The information he's gathered, the followers he's gained, he's more scary than loved by our group because he was trained as a Moff by a Sith, and you've exactly no idea what that means."

Viskis sighed, taking another puff of his cigarette before taking a second to look at it... Then tossing it out of guilt. "We have nothing to offer you to ensure any of this is proof," Viskis stretched his empty hands out, "nothing, okay? We've been too busy trying to gather up the ex-officials and family to worry about giving someone insurance. But think about it, if we had the power of the enemy faction we say they do, why would we go through the trouble of asking you to be defenseless when we know you have reinforcements, probably a lot. But, it's whatever. We have no insurance, and we already don't have a lot to give you. And trust me, I get your point of view, my boss is like that everyday. But every now and then, we have to stick our necks out for something better, right? Something we believe in?"

Viskis shook his head, "This isn't about you, the senate, the Republic, this is about an enemy, the same enemy, the same enemy putting a big red blanket over the galaxy. My boss is only trying to save who he can before the galaxy is put to bed."

Faith considered his words, he sounded convincing. "If I agree to this, and your forces turn on us, I will make personally sure that every ship you have it blown from the skies" She smiled, kinda.

She didn't like making these kind of threats but she wanted him to know that she meant business, that this was not to be taken lightly.

(Sorry, I've been ill)

Viskis nodded, trampling the still smoking cigarette on the ground. "Alright, we expect nothing less. Send relay of when the Republic has made their choice, the planet, and when they'll be ready in response to the same Holonet message (pm) we contacted you with. Thanks for this time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom