Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic Fleet Compasition and Deployment

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Fleet summary

1st fleet - Home Fleet.
Commander: NPC.
Station: This fleet is the defense fleet for the Republic.
Attached Units: N/A

2nd Fleet - Operations Fleet.
Commander: NPC
Station: Currently working on Dominions, Invasions

3rd Fleet - Rapid Response Fleet.
Station: Currently working on Skirmish's, Dominion's
Attacked Units: 3rd Republic Rapid Response Marine Corps

4th Fleet - Patrol Fleet
Station: Patrolling Republic space. Use this as you like for Skirmish's and such

5th Fleet - Assault Fleet
Station: Currently working on Dominions

Red Fleet - Rebel Alliance Joint Operations Fleet
Station: Classified, currently unknown
Attached Units: Rouge Squadron

ADM. Reshmar

I will be updating this as needed. Please post ant units you have and where you would like them deployed. This included marine units, individual ships, Battlegroups, Task forces, anything really as long as you want it attached to the Republic Fleet

[member="Beckett Wrath"]
[member="Dallen Thayne"]
[member="Caius Flavian"]

So with the invasion well in hand fleet wise we need to look past it to what we will do next with fleet. I believe a skirmish is in order Just to sling our fleet muscle around.

Commerce raiding! we hit the Sith in their supply line. That tendril out from their main territory is a commerce raiding dream. So think small groups and hit and run tactics. We can do joint or separate force raids up to you guys, Hitting them in multiple locations at one time is the best course of action.

One task force will hunt commerce near Telti
One near Hapes
One near Amar

Each Task Force will utilize an Interdictor and light support to hit convoys and shut down the supply lines into these worlds. We will be utilizing smugglers to get supplies to loyalists in the Hapes system as well.

If the Sith show up enforce, The SOP for phase one of this operation is to jump out immediately. We will not engage them in battle in the initial strikes. Our goal is to be everywhere at once and nowhere at the same time. We're going back to the old glory days of the Rebellion Boys and girls. Hit hard and disappear!

A battle fleet will he in the area if needed but only call in case of your force being unable to jump out.

Talk with any OS people you may think interested and work things out if you like. Its a skirmish so OS participation is welcome but not a determining factor on the operation. I will be talking with them OOC and seeing what interest they might have, but interested or not this is a green light.

Dependant on the outcome of Togaria zones of operation may change. Also dependant on rebellions underway in the area, new target zones may present themselves. Pick a operations zone and give them hell. Good hunting!

I know I have little say in where these raiders may go, but if I may make a suggestion? Why not hit more than just their Commerical worlds? Hapes is sequestered in the heart of the Hapan Cluster and as a world by itself - not very strategically important. Charubah, on the other hand is the Cluster's primary foundry world, and a rapid strike force there would cripple the Cluster's ability to produce warships for the OS Navy.

Another suggestion would be to strike Rendili, Bilbringi, and Kuat. Hard. Take out their major orbital drydocks and their repair yards, and vanish before the enemy can respond.

However, that's my two out of character cents, so feel free to spend them as you wish.

[member="Willam Forlon"]

Sounds good sir, was trying to work on something to show our meet against the OS myself. The Republic has other Interdictor options I believe right or was that your suggestion based on its size and quick use? If so that' makes sense to put alongside frigates and other fast craft for shipping raids. Maybe something heavier if we hit hard targets like Chegor suggests.

[member="Vor'en Chegor"]

that certainly sounds like an idea, although I have good authority certain folk of Rendili would look forward to liberation who own those drydocks and might feel less so if they were damaged by the people they await for rescue.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

I wasn't sure how Chaos' Rendili turned out, so I went with my underhanded Rebel-like tactics to cripple an enemy's warmachine from the top down. lol

[member="Dallen Thayne"]
[member="Vor'en Chegor"]

Large scale worlds will be defended. World with importance and industrial worlds will have defense fleets. The goal is to keep from directly engaging in large scale battle. We are intending to lose alot of ships at togaria and we will not want to throw a bunch more into the fire so soon. There will be a time for larger scale opertions but this is to just start small and work our way up. There are a few people wanting to try fleeting who have never done it and this also helps them. It is not easy to start out with a big fleet. Smaller actions are easier. Also it caters to our strengths. we have better small ships. While were working on getting large ships developed the sub 1km ships we currentlly have are very good. only a couple big ships are good and well they are big which means fewer ships to give out. There will be a Hapes ship in the mix eventually. I developmed it when I first came to the site then hapes for cut off so I never subbed it. Part of this will be to bring in that ship.

Yes we will have other interdictors. That one is small and cheep. if it blows up we got more.

[member="Willam Forlon"]

Gotcha. Sad to hear about the rest of the fleet. You're right though, the Sith do tend to shell out for the big flashy stuff.

We have really solid frigates and cruisers. Although I think we have nice light destroyers as well at the 1100-1300 size too.

Mon Cal has made some nice heavy cruisers of late. (you're handiwork I believe correct?)

ADM. Reshmar

if you are gonna be a bear.... this is our heaviest Interdiction vessel Constraint-class
MCS also has a firgate which is in the factory now. Once the GR gets a contract for them you guys can use them.
the agave are there and we will be making an updated version of it soon.

[member="Reshmar"]

Actually, and I'm sad its not listed in the armory despite the work done for it, the Centurion Battlecruiser is our largest Interdictor and not a poorly armed carrier at that. A little too big for Raiding though unless its the only ship and the raids are conducted through fighters and boarding shuttles.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Dallen Thayne"] I was referring to dedicated Interdictors. We only had a few of those As I understood it. And they are options if you want to use them but they are Big ships and well Not suited for hit and run operations unless you use attack craft alot. But, its not unheard of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom