Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report Card

Yavin IV, Saaraishash HQ

He was very...unhappy.

It was that time of the year again, one that consumed time and didn’t make any form of productivity. It was time to evaluate the work performance of every operative within the institution of the Saaraishash, from the very low ranking Agent to the reputable High Inquisitor. Every High Inquisitor was responsible of their own division, reviewing the performance of their Inquisitors and offer them professional criticism. Praise them in their strengths and achievements, and offer advice in what aspects they needed to focus on and what other tools can become their arsenal.

One wouldn’t take this day seriously as it translated to a rest day. A day to horse around in the office and not take their profession in a serious manner. Djorn, however, had other important business to attend to that was away from his office. He always enjoyed being out of his office, seeking to bring infidels and rebels to the iron anvil and be punished by unforgiving Imperial justice. One could say that his office was somewhat dusty from being vacated for long periods of times.

But, alas, here he was. And the first Inquisitor to review was none other than...

”...Jorryn Adali For-fething-dyce. For the love of the Emperor, can this day not get any worse?” a sigh of defeat escaped from his mouth as he was more upset than he was, trying to drown those emotions.

”Mirkali, can you get Fordyce to my office and tell her to bring me the best damn latte she’s ever made...she’s going to need it,” he contacted his secretary via commlink, the woman noticing the tone of his voice was unpleasant.

”I’ll get her in there as fast as I can.”

”Thanks, doll.”

[member="Jorryn Fordyce"]

The day had been long and dull, a feeling of nihilism managing to burrow into the Echani's skull as she blacked out line after line. Weird to think how with one simple swipe of the computer she was changing the way the public would remember the history. A human figure making it's way onto the holo-communicator beside her is what finally pulled Jorryn out of this strange chain of though, the female figure immediately blaring out orders from the chain of command.

"High Inquisitor Bline has requested your presence at once Inquisitor Fordyce,"

A simple enough request, but one that the figure held onto before continuing.

"You should also know that the High Inquisitor requested that you bring him a latte."

This made the Echani chew her lip, but still she kept the pleasant look on her face. The pair had been inquisitors at the same time not an astoundingly long time ago, yet the High Inquisitor felt like he could make requests like this. Still, while she worked under him since Lord Fa was away Jorryn would have to put up with such requests.

"Tell the High Inquisitor that I shall be there at once," She refused to give away any hint of annoyance, only allowing a calm and formal intonation to escape her lips. "Ant that I shall have his request."

It didn't take the Echani long to prepare a nice latte, truth be told much of her time spent with Lord Fa had been changing her temperament. Thusly he had forced her to spend plenty of time begrudgingly preparing and serving tea for the Lord Inquisitor and his guests, but after a certain amount of time she had become rather good at the process.

While she wasn't as well practiced at making caf as she was at tea, it was still a lovely beverage both appearance and taste wise. With her skills, it didn't take long before the silver haired Sith was outside the High Inquisitor's office with two cups of caf.

"You wished to see me, High Inquisitor?"

She didn't want to give him the pleasure of the full honourifics, but there was no sense in provoking the man unless she knew why she was her. Jorryn took a seat as she used the force to pull two coasters onto each side of the table before setting the cups down. This desk would be hers one day so she hardly wanted to mark it up.

[member="Djorn Bline"]​

The two had some...history between them. Personally, Djorn never enjoyed the company the Pale Inquisitor and was more than upset when he learned that the Echani would be in his division. That was perhaps the only day when he voluntarily took the day off in order to cool down and release some steam in the most efficient, yet safest manner. Only to return back to his office and be almost dead as a zombie. Some folks in the office checked on him every couple of hours to see if he was still breathing.

And speaking of which here she was.

He had to maintain a face that showed no emotion whatsoever. He wanted to scoff and roll his eyes when the Sith Inquisitor pulled out two coasters with the Force. Did it really pain her to get them like an ordinary person with their hands? Was she that lazy? He wouldn’t doubt it. Or was she trying to prove something to him? That thought didn't come to him and decided to move on with the review.

”If I had it my way, Fordyce, I wouldn’t want to wish that but I have to. Thanks for the caf, though.”

And there it was. The first passive aggressive remark of his unto Jorryn. Surely there was more to come, never doubt that. The only she was good for was making caf in which he took a sip of and relished the taste of it. Just right. Maybe there wouldn’t be much hostility coming from him.

”I’m sure you know why I summoned you here and it’d be nice to get this over with to make it less painful for the both of us. First question, where have you been succeeding the most in? Any new skills that’ll benefit you and the Saaraishash? I want to make sure you are a viable asset for the Lord Inquisitor and his majesty the Emperor.”

Rude, but professional still. He had to make sure everyone was on his standards in which he believed would bring progress and results for the Empire.

”By the way, good job on the caf.”

Every bone in the Echani's body told her to use the power she had above the man in front of her to throw the caf in his face, the petty insults of a lesser being driving further into her head than she should allow them. Unfortunately the Inquisitor wasn't dumb enough to act on such thoughts, instead maintaining a calming train of thought that one day they would be somewhere dark and private and she could snuff his miserable life.

That would have to wait as he took a sip of the caf she had made, not acknowledging his thanks in the slightest.

Maybe if I just tilted it a little...

Just more false thoughts drivelling in Jorryn's head. Despite his obnoxiousness, Djorn still had his reasons for his position. Even without the force, someone of his position can tell when something isn't right. For now she would just have to educate this drone instead of punishing him for the impudence of insulting her.

"Well as I'd hope you are aware," The wording careful to be proper, but still hoping to sting the high inquisitor somewhat. "I am one of the top commanders employed under the Saaraisash as well as one of the most skilled fighters.:

While truthfully her combat skills didn't place her at the top brass of the Inquisition for now, her displays of commanding armies through multiple skirmishes and invasions would show the "High Inquisitor" that she was looking for his job. Truth was the silver-haired Sith at the very least assumed at at most knew that her name was one of the more circulated names to replace High Inquisitor Hirou when their tenure was finished.

"I have also spent much of my time properly preparing report, as well as rooting out enemies of the empire." Her tone began to run a bit hot as she listed her accolades, calming down before it was too obvious how she felt about this interview. "And as for the Lord Inquisitor, I served him well as his apprentice and shall continue serving him when he has actively returned."

She wanted Inquisitor Bline to know how temporary his hold over her reigns would be.

"I would hope that some of these feats have reached you," Again ignoring his comments on her brewing skills. "But I understand the duties of your office can often keep you busy."

Steam rising from her caf as she continued to stare down the man instead of take a sip.

[member="Djorn Bline"]

He observed the Inquisitor, taking in every word she spoke from her mouth. Oh, it wasn’t any surprise she’d take it too personal. But who wouldn’t? Who wouldn’t take something like this with a serious mind. If the roles were reversed, and thankfully that was not the reality of things, Djorn would have been upset with his performance review. It wasn’t exactly welcoming to be told that someone was doing awful work with professional words and eloquent vocabulary rather than to be just direct. Probably to be rude, but Djorn has every intention in being rude here.

His face was calm, didn’t dare to twitch a smirk to how upset Jorryn was at the moment.

And then he spoke.

”You are correct, Fordyce. I am a busy man as I pursue to bring excellence to Lord Saarai and his Majesty. Sometimes I need a quick reminder of somethings; however, one thing I never fail to notice is talent and exceeding performances.”

That was a jab, a nasty one perhaps. Truth be told, Jorryn was recognized as a great Inquisitor that performed above average than most operatives. Though just for now he’d twist the facts up in his grasp. He wonder how much she could hold her temper before erupting.

”Next question, what have you been lacking in? Any weaknesses or flaws that have been holding you back? I’ll tell you now brewing up caf is one of your most redeemable qualities,” and another quip in her brewing skills outshining her other skills, wanting to make her feel like a low ranking personnel in the Saaraishash. Of course, she wasn’t as she had gotten to where she was from talent.

Personally he believed it was just luck giving her good black cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom