Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renewing the Old (Sven)

[member="Sven Talith"]

Two Weeks Prior

Cora had realized something had been missing in her life, a friend. The only she still had, there was only sparse data messages shared between the pair. Detailing a little of her life, reading a little of his. So much had changed in the last few years and it only felt right to reach out after the events on her safe haven of Atrisia. No longer could she go back to the only place she had ever called home since ... Shutting her eyes tightly she forced the thought from her mind, not wanting to think of the death of her family anymore. Though the small brief thought lit a bit of a fire in her heart. There were still Sith, still problems that needed to be taken care of.

Finally after a long silent spell she reached out, sending a new message. In it asking him to meet her at a little shady bar called the Song and Dance on Corellia. She gave the time, the date and only hoped he'd make it in time to catch her for still with all that had happened, she could not stay in one place for more than two days. Things tended to get messy and complicated if she did. And messy and complicated, she already had enough of to deal with right now.

Corellia - The Song and Dance - Present Time

Her old bar, her old haunt. It had been ages since she'd been here, to the point the barkeep barely recognized her as she approached. But after a moment the connection was made. "My dear girl, I've not seen you in at least three years! Where have you been?"

Her express turned a bit grim as her old friend reached beneath the counter to grab her a bottle of Scotch. "A good question, and too long a story for tonight I'm afraid."

"Yea, I heard on that bounty business, terrible stuff but you always were a trouble maker. You still owe me a new back door you know. There are still holes in it from the last time you graced my bar."

"Just put it all on the tab Jeire. All on the tab, with all the favors I owe you as well." Winking, she now was smiling brightly, feeling at home for a change. Everything for her had started in this bar. And still after all the bars across the galaxy, she loved this one the most. Nothing else felt like home. Reaching to her pocket she went to withdraw the cred coins to pay for the bottle, but he waved his hand, to stop her.

"Not tonight Cora, it's on me. For seeing your beautiful face bring hope to this place. Truly dear, I'm just glad to see you alive and well. So considering it a gift." Now truly smiling the blonde took the offered glass and bottle to head for her favored spot, the corner booth nearest the exit as she always preferred it. Safer in her eyes, though even Cora not fool enough to think she was ever truly safe. "You drinking alone tonight?" He asked before she headed off.

"No, not tonight, meeting an old friend."

"Hope it all works out well for you darlin', you deserve that much." With that he returned to cleaning glasses and tending to the handful of other customers in the bar, leaving Cora to her own devices. He knew all too well how many 'old friends' had turned on her rather than remaining loyal, seen it end badly for her far too often. So sad to see a beauty like that all alone in the galaxy. He could only hope the woman would find better luck in her stars soon.

"If you only knew..." She spoke with a small but soft smile upon her lips as she took a seat and settled in, opening the bottle and pouring herself a glass.

Sven Talith

S
Sven came into the cantina with all the subtlety of a raging bantha. A white cloak covering his body and a hood over his head, with a mask covering his face. He stepped into the bar with loud clunking of winter boots, snow coming off him in droves as a dust of cold wind rushed through the air. On his hip was a single WESTAR-34 blaster, and on his thigh was a single long knife, though it was more suited to be called a dagger in truth. On his back was slung a long sniper rifle, one of his own design.

All in all the King of Byss looked more like a bounty hunter rather than a close personal friend, but then again usually with Cora it payed to come prepared.

He scanned the bar for a few moments, spotting Cora and smiling. With quick steps he launched himself over to her, a confident stride and swagger to his movements. Sven had not seen his old friend in a very long time, almost years. The two kept in contact of course via the holonet, but both of them had been quite busy.

As he neared her Sven peeled off his mask and hood, revealing a shaggy face and even shaggier hair. Apparently his wives revival had done nothing to improve his grooming habits.

One thing was apparent however, Sven had grown up.

“You could have picked a warmer place.” Sven said as he reached the table. “Though I suppose even Corellia has to get cold at some point.”

The words were said in jest of course, and before Cora could even Answer Sven somehow managed to wrangle her from her place in the booth and bear hug her.
[member="Cora Passek"]

[member="Sven Talith"]

Beaming brighter than she had in perhaps the last two years at the very least, she happily let him pull her from the booth and into his warm embrace. Granted a little too tight, but she could hardly care. With her now standing back on the floor, with his hood and mask pulled away, she only cocked her head to the side with a goofy grin. "It's been too long my old friend. Far too long. And far too much has happened since we last saw one another."

She chuckled thinking back for a second to his comment about the cold. "Well, I would have picked a nice safe house on the beach on Ord Mantell, but ..... that was compromised a few months back. Bounty mess..." She shook her head, "Don't ask." Still smiling through it all, despite the pain it had caused her, and she still very much felt from that loss. Too much had she lost and it was about time to start taking back what was hers.

"This bar is where everything started for me. And it's probably the only place left that feels any bit like a home." Her words growing a bit sad in the last sentence, but soon she shook off the thought and moved on to more joyous things not wanting to sully the special occasion. "Would you like a drink? I've got a bottle of Scotch, if you'd like, or we can get you something else?" Such joy in her voice just by being there, with him again. "Jeire can make just about anything you could possibly want."

"I'm just glad you came. Wasn't sure after the past two years that you would. Lost too many people, friends, homes. Too many things." Her smile had faded only a small bit, their reunion keeping her spirits up for the time being. "I know not everything can be said in data messages, so tell me, how is your life now? Tell me everything." Hopefully his life had gone far better than her own. Her's too complicated to even begin to explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom