Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remembering Who He Was

guitar-cool-wallpaper-3-3-s-307x512.jpg

Arkania
Imura Biodome

Startling up from a dream, I sat up in bed. Sweat rolling down my face as the blanket covered my body. Looking to my left, I could see Lexa turned over. Her back facing towards me. She didn't wear a shirt at the current moment. Likely because of the "fun" we had earlier in the night. Rubbing my hand over my face, I realised that I had ejected my fighting claws. I sighed in disappointment as I retracted the weapons. Sitting up, I looked to see blood on the blanket. Mostly on my side, and it was dry already. I didn't see any scratch marks that were left from myself. Well, at least the ones not left earlier in the night or before.

Twisting myself over to the side, I reached into the bedstand and pulled out some of the bandages I used to wear. Wrapping them around my hand to cover up the open wounds over my knuckles. After getting them covered, I flexed my hand and stood up. Reaching for my clothes, I dressed myself and walked out of the room as silently as I could.

After closing the door, I moved into the main room of our house. Our fire was slowly dying. I rekindled it with some more coal, and wood. Just enough to crackle slightly, I laid back in the couch. Dressed in a pink tanktop, and grey skinnyjeans, I sat there for a few moments. Trying to remember what I had dreamed about. Closing my eyes for a moment, I yawned and leaned forward.

Looking to the left side of the room, sat a oblong case. Inside was sitting the guitar of my brother. One of his favorite things to do was to be able to play a song, using only the guitar, however you would still hear the drums, you could still hear the bass guitar. You could even hear all the other sounds that the song would be. Smiling to myself, I stood up.

Long ago it felt, Morna had gifted me with his essence. He had given part of him to me to use. He trusted me with it. And I would do the best I could to protect the family he made. Though, at times, it felt like sometimes I had been the one who had made this legacy. I couldn't tell the difference between my own memories and Morna's. In fact, I could play the guitar like he could.

Reaching out, I pulled the black case and opened it. Revealing the tool of music and harmony. Sitting back down onto the couch, I pulled the guitar over my lap and begin to play. The song was nice and slow. Easy, and kept quiet as to not wake anybody.

Ever since I could remember,
Everything inside of me,

Just wanted to fit in
I was never one for pretenders,
Everything I tried to be,
Just wouldn't settle in

I smiled as I sung the words quietly to myself. And stopping as I looked to myself.

Was I really a Monster?

[member="Lexa Imura"],

Lexa had felt Nickolas leave the bed. She didn't follow him immediately. There were many nights when he would have a dream and leave for a little bit to clear his thoughts. But then she heard the music. She sat up, picking up the small satin nightie she usually wore off the floor and slipping it on. She quietly walked to the open door and looked out into the living room.​
As Nickolas sang the song, Lexa began humming along with him.​
[member="Nick Imura"]​

I continued to play for a moment. Letting the music warm the area up as I continued to sing. The guitar playing very nicely, As the humming came to my ears, I turned around with a smile as I continued. I turned my head back to the guitar as I played the rest of the song. I didn't voice the lyrics clearly because I realized that I am who I am. I may be a monster to some. However, I am a saviour to those who mattered to me. Once the song was done, I kept the guitar on my lap. Looking down at the black face, and the strings that were old.

I strummed once more on it just because I could.

"I love you."

Whispering the three words to the guitar, I hoped that all of my anger towards my brother in the past was not true. I hated him as a child. Even as I became a knight, and when I discovered he was dead, I thought he deserved it. I still did. Until I met lexa. Discovered his memories with her. He wanted a normal life because he never got one. And I realized his dream. I wanted the same for my son. Ignis. He was my legacy when I had failed to become my fathers. Maybe his grandson would do better than both of his sons. Hell, I don't even know if I had other brothers or sisters. I wanted to have them, but I don't know. Thinking about all of this, I spoke to the only person in the room.

"Lexa... Am I a monster to you?"

[member="Lexa Imura"]

Lexa slowly walked over to him, setting down next to him. Truly, there was a time when she felt Nick to be a monster. She had harbored a hatred for him, even though it had been short-lived. But even before he returned from the Netherworld, she had seen a change in him. It was small, at first. But the more time she spent with him, the bigger it grew.​
"You were, once.... But not anymore."
Lexa gently hugged against Nick's side, resting her chin on his shoulder.​
"Back then, you were insufferable, arrogant, rude, and violent. I couldn't sit with you in a room for two minutes before I felt like I was ready to kill you..."
She laughed. That's exactly what her mindset had been the night Ignis was created.​
"... But that was before I actually got to see you. Before I saw past the hard walls that you kept up, whether you meant to or not. And what I saw was someone that I love."
[member="Nick Imura"]

I sat the guitar off to my side as Lexa came to my other. She was the better half of me. I found someone to love and care for out of her. I wasn't sure if it was from the memories shared with my brother, or if it was my true feelings. I felt bad about it, but I loved her all the same. In fact, we had a child together. If Ignis was going to be the legacy of the Imura family, then it was going to be by him becoming better than who I was.

Lexa voiced how I had been quite a bastard. And well, it was true. I had attacked her. I had hit her. I had beaten her. And yet, I found that I loved her. It was different when we found out we didn't hate eachother. Even more so when I had told her I shared memories with my passed brother. She may have seen a lot of him in me, and vise versa. We were brothers of the same name, and blood.

I bowed my head and looked at her. Cuddling up against my side, laughing about our love. I smiled and chuckled a little as I gave her a peck on the forehead.

"I know I have said this before, but I am sorry for what I did."

[member="Lexa Imura"]

"Don't be. If you hadn't been an nerf herder, I might not be here right now."
Her thoughts had been dark back then. She was been ready to end everything then and there. But Lexa met someone who made her so angry that she didn't have time to be sad. And then he became someone that made her so happy that she didn't have time to be angry. She kissed Nick's cheek.​
"You're my monster, Nickolas Imura. My wonderful, wonderful monster."
[member="Nick Imura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom