Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Remember The Time

Nadir-Zahi

N

SERENNO - MARKETPLACE
2 YEARS AGO...

It was an overcast day to be out and about. It looked and smelled like rain would pour down at any minute. The white and brown Najax pup that walked beside him looked around at the different people of all species and ages. Together, they took in the sights of the vendors on the street and the smells that overwhelmed them with every step. The noise was a bit much, but nothing that made them uncomfortable. This was a place he could get used to. Maybe even a place to settle down for a while, maybe he’d like it enough to get more than a hotel room.

He looked around at the vendors. Clothes, fabrics, food, mechanical parts, stims. The food was what interested him the most. Well, him and Variya. “You there!” Nadir paused and swiveled with V following suit, tilting her head to the side. The vendor of a food stall waved him over. “You look like you could use a good meal. Been travelin’ much? Well, I’ve got just the thing for you. How about some soup for you? I’ll toss in a piece of kibi strip for your furry friend here. Just 10 credits is all. Whaddya say?

He smiled and nodded, putting the hound pup in a sit while he paid. “That will do just fine, thank you, Um, could you make that strip raw, if you don’t mind? She could really use the iron.” The vendor immediately took a raw kibi strip and gave it to V, who enthusiastically took the meat and held it in her mouth. The wait wasn’t very long, it only took a few moments for the man to fill the bowl and give it to Nadir. He took it after putting the credits in the man's hand, adjusting his own hands to the heat, and politely nodded once more before leaving.

The near-human gave a steady whistle-like sound that lasted a second and V trotted beside him to a nearby alley where they could eat in peace, hopefully. He slowly lowered himself to sit on a crate while Variya sat and chewed at her own food. They ate and people watched as the rain began to come down in a gentle, light shower.

Last edited by a moderator:

26INAxX.png

Untitled-design.png

It had been... far too long. For years now, the open markets of Serenno felt like a distant dream. A childhood fever that sneaked upon him and slipped away, never staying long enough to elicit a break from his duties. But today, christened with the petrichor and the smell of good food, was different.

Galen left his crimson Praetorian armor behind today, choosing a dressed-down Imperial garb to denote his allegiance without flaunting his station. It would help to keep unwanted eyes off his person, and frankly, it was much easier to clean if he dripped street food on it. He wandered the marketplace, letting his nose and stomach guide his feet as he went. Fresh fruits, cured meats, stews and soups - it was difficult to settle on just one stall, so the Knight decided instead to make a cursory pass and note what morsels he'd like before coming back through and gathering a spread. 'Variety is the spice' and whatnot.

He'd eyed a few exotic fruits before spotting a man and his peculiar companion ahead, nursing a steaming bowl and a raw bit of meat.

"Pardon," Galen said, raising his hand to single himself out from the crowd.

"I'm sorry to bother, it's just- well, I don't get out much. Into the city, I mean," he fumbled a bit, gesturing to the polished First Order pin on his lapel. He cleared his throat, then nodded to the man's food.

"Do you know where I could get a bite to eat? Something local. It's been a long time since I've been to the markets, and a home-cooked meal would be wonderful."

Tags: Nadir-Zahi

Nadir-Zahi

N

SERENNO - MARKETPLACE
2 YEARS AGO...

He ate in relative silence, savoring the hot meal while keenly aware of every small raindrop that pattered against his cloak. He listened to the hustle and bustle of the street’s midday life, singling out noises and sounds with little effort. It was one of his pastimes and it kept his mind sharp in the absence of reading material.

There was the rain on the stone that surrounded them, the smell of rain mixing with the sweet and savory food of the vendors that ran up and down the streets, and heavy footfall amongst the drabble of the market’s patrons. Conversations between vendors and their customers, talks between friends and family. The city hummed with activity and he could’ve spent hours studying its every move and sound. Variya stirred and stepped in front of him, settling into a defensive stance as a voice called and a man moved closer to them. She thought herself a Zekris, one of the premier predators in the forests of Geminidae, though she was about as intimidating as a Loth Cat. His head turned in the direction of the voice. A young man from the sound of his voice.

He scolded the 10-month-old pup briefly while still lending an ear to the young man’s food dilemma. “V, settle. You aren’t exactly as intimidating as you might think. You’ve got some growing to do yet.” Once the hound returned to her rather large lunch, he smiled in the man’s direction.

Please forgive Variya, we’ve only just arrived planetside a few days ago so she’s a bit skittish.” He reached over to pet her head. “I’m not sure where the local food is. But if you’re interested in soups and protatoes and a variety of meat, the vendor I got our food from is only a block away. The owner claimed to have spine-wolf as part of his wares, though I seriously doubt that. Do you know your way around? Trying to navigate is a nightmare except by landmarks. This planet has a severe lack of braille writing and signs.” He stood as he finished the contents of his bowl.

Oh,” he held out his hand. “I’m Nadir and this hairball is Variya. What’s your name?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom