Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Religion or racism

Kren Vorak. A soldier, and also, already retired. Or at least, temporarily. The man had found himself unable to prove the worth of his Vo on Vran'Ti. However much he tried. He was not truly as strong as a Vo Ni. And certainly could not take on a Shgurak to attempt to prove his power. And yet, he was sure that if he tried hard enough. If he found enough reason, that perhaps one day his Vo could be joined with that of Vran'Ti. Immortalize him as worthy of such a wonderful honor. For all eternity. Just like the other Vo Ni.

And here he was, attempting to get aboard a ship to take him off world. See if he could find somewhere out in the galaxy to prove himself. Find some great task to show that Kren had a powerful enough Vo, a great enough skill, and a strong enough devotion, to be worthy. It was not going to be an easy task. In fact he didn't even know what all it would entail. And yet he wanted to try anyway. Because for all his lack of actual force sensitivity Kren was one of the most determined of all Vran to make his way.

Here he was, in the Capital city called Vran'Ti Ni. Although on the outside it appeared rather like a military base. A large ship yard, several pyramids which were in fact shield generators. There were a number of the lower end salesmen out here, mostly just selling things to the soldiers and low ranked servents that populated most of the upper level. The real city was underneath, where all the riches and powerful people and items were. People could get there, if they knew what they were doing. If they had things worth trading, but they often had to actually speak with the military to go that far. So naturally the best place to be, was on this level. Speak with the people coming in, since he was former military himself, he knew the ins and outs of everything. He could offer his own skills to ride aboard.

The Shi, as was called his sub-race of the Vran, ventured about. Looking for new ships or new people. He could not sense through the force. And yet he could be sensed through it, his Vo was strong. And while he was not force sensitive, that organ was. And for someone who was not a Vo Ni it was in fact quite strong. Short only of some of the Zhorngi. He was among the elite in that regard, hence his hope to become joined. Hence why he truly believed one day he might be worthy.

Seela Khaan

S
This place....Was interesting.

She'd seen the name in a Jedi text, some explorer had passed by and taken note of their unique connection to the Force, or lack there of in some cases. She marveled at the massive pyramids as she walked down the boarding ramp of the ship she'd flew in on. She'd only paid for passage to this planet, but she had all confidence that when it was time for her to leave the Force would provide, as it always had. Clanking noisily behind her was a protocol droid, shiny and black. The previous owner said it belonged to the First Order at some point. She didn't much care though, as long as it could do its job.

"Oh my, Vran'Ti Ni is such a wonderful place mistress. They don't take much to outsiders though. Bit of a language barrier for you, but that's why you purchased me from that miserable Wookie isn't it? So I may be of service?" Seela rolled her eyes. She'd forgotten just how much of a chore protocol droids were to be around. P-4S0, or PeeSo as she'd taken to calling him on their short journey, was apparently no exception.

"It is," she said, pulling her hood closer to her. "The Force moves mysteriously here. Unlike anything I've seen. I'm hoping insights here can aid me on my own journey of rediscovery and healing." It was strange. All around her...She felt the strange beating pulse of the Force in many of the men and women. Like a heart it pumped and circulated the Force which was strange. The people themselves could not touch it, but it very much touched them. She noticed a man that looked like he was struggling to find a ship off world and waved him over. The trader, likely a smuggler, would probably need new crew to pay for the fuel on the next leg of his journey and she had a feeling he was competent enough.

Kren Kren

There were many notabilities of this planet. Among them, the fact that when looking at those of the military. There were almost no blasters. There were some slugthrowers, but most weapons were melee based. Remarkably, for a planet of warriors, they developed very little into weaponry and starships. Biology was their proficiency in all measures of science. As an upside, disease was almost impossible unless it was a very fast or very hidden disease, or killed a person fast enough for it to not matter. With exception of one, if the Vo was dying. It was rare, because those who had it were cast into the mountains among others like them. Called the Grai Vo, worth more then those without a Vo, but who's Vo had itself become dying. And in an attempt to survive, drew energy from everything around them. Stealing from other Vo's, and eventually, killing the very Vran who had the Vo as they aged at an accelerated rate and lost energy ever so fast. Most were not aware of them, but they existed. They became judges often, when a person was truly terrible but people were unsure how to judge them. The Grai Vo were known to be consistent at least. Even if they were diseased.

Some Vran did speak Galactic Basic for the purpose of trading, but most of them cared little for the languages of other worlds. Since there was rather little tourism, they just spoke their own language. After all, why bother learning the language of the soulless if you're not going to talk with them anyway. It's like learning how to speak to an animal.

He noticed an outsider now, and also noticed they were waving him over. He quickly walked their way, a simple smile. More one of recognition then friendliness. And a nod of his head. As he got within three meters he spoke as he took jus tone more step, speaking in basic. At the very least, he had learned it...mostly. But his voice sounded like it annunciated every single consonant and syllable with extreme inflection, this was because the local language used every part of the mouth and throat. It made speaking languages easy, whether learning the actual content of the language was or not the physical action definitely was, "Hello to you. My name is Kren Vorak. Welcome to Vran'Ti. Perhaps you have a vessel I could board? I have a journey to make. In return I can help you. I know much about Vran'Ti. I can help you to trade if that is your means. And I am a great warrior, as well as a capable medic should the need arise." very straight and to the point, he paused, but then looked at the protocall droid. Ah, now he remembered what those did. He spoke in Shrak this time, the words coming out much quicker and more fluently,[Shrak: "I just want to make sure my meaning is getting across. My name is Kren Vorak. I hope that you will have a pleasant day while you are at this world and at this place, the capital city, in particular. I'm looking to go on a journey, for cultural reasons. But I've been a member of this worlds military so I know the ins and outs, in return for allowing me help in getting out. Like I said I was a soldier, and I'm actually very good at it. Hence these weapons,"] he gestured to the multiple daggers, and especially the sword. The sword in fact was a product of alchemy. However, not sith alchemy. It was neither light nor dark in nature. It simply was made to be far more durable then most weapons.[Shrak: "I've also become well versed in medicine and biology. And I possess a machine which can heal almost any injury if there's room. It's known as a BIOMED.]

Whatever the reason he was brought over here he wanted to ensure he got his own reasons out sooner rather then when it was too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom