Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Religion is the opium of the people

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Illyria"]

Eventually, there was a knock on Illyria's door. Presumably the Eldorai had gotten some alone time to rest after random, annoying shade had given up and stopped pestering her. Sister Nur Jahan was standing outside. "Sister Sakura had awoken. Praise be to the Lord of Light. She wishes to see you immediately," the Mon Cal spoke.

Illyria

The Pale Death of the Eldorai
[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]
“Then I go now,” Illyria said, you guessed it, laconically.

She said nothing to Nur Jahan until they neared the ward. Once there she glanced at the Mon Calamari.
“You did well,” she said. For Illyria this was high praise indeed. “See no one disturbs us,” she added and headed inside, closing the door behind her.

[member="Illyria"]

"Sister Illyria, it is good to see you. The Bando Gora have been vanquished? What are our casualties?" Sumiko was obviously not looking good, but she'd taken well to painkillers and bacta. When she spoke once more, she used Eldarai rather than Basic. Her first statements had just served the purpose of keeping up appearances.

"If I was so inclined, I'd say the Force might have been trying to convey a lesson to me," she said dryly. Her arm was still a stump and covered with bandages. "You hedged your bets well," she commented, giving Illyria a meaningful look.

Illyria

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]
Illyria was not the sort to play around with melodramatic statements.
“Light casualties, the Bando Gora have been cleared.”

Next they switched to ‘secret talk’ which totally was not suspicious for anyone listening. Naturally Illyria didn’t go in with hugs and flowers. That was not her way, instead she responded to Sumiko’s words.
“I learned from the best, Mistress,” Illyria said with a nod. “It was not time to strike yet. Our partnership is still useful for each other.”
The emphasis was clear though, I am not your blind minion. Treat me poorly and next time I will not hold back.

[member="Illyria"]

"Indeed. We still have use of one another." Sumiko responded. She was not the type for hugs and flowers either. "You've grown strong since our paths crossed. You are indeed ready to learn the higher mysteries I have been safeguarding." The emphasis was equally clear. You've grown in power, but I am still your master. Some day, the apprentice might slay the master. Or vice versa. But she still had need of the Dark Eldorai, at least for the time being.

Illyria

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]
Illyria took Sumiko’s words with a defeated faction’s quantity of salt. But, unexpectedly, she reached out and patted Sumiko on the shoulder, just once. It was probably the most genuinely affectionate thing the Eldorai had done for a very long time.
“We both have our ambitions, Mistress,” she continued in Eldarai. “It would give me no pleasure to see you dead. It is more effective if we work together and not against each other.”
Still no hug, and Illyria was not about to let sentiment cloud her cynicism, but this was about as nice as she was capable of being.

She turned for the door, speaking in basic. “I shall instruct the healers to give you anything you need of course. Summon me if you need anything.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom