Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rekindling the Past

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Michael was waiting for the elevator to come down while fidgeting with his lightsaber. He had not expected to get an invitation to join the Supreme Chancellor in her office for a conversation. What he also did not expect was to find out that the current Supreme Chancellor of the Republic was little Aleidis Ijet. Last time he saw her, she was a tiny girl clinging to the skirts of her mother. She would have to be fifteen, no sixteen years old now. Amazing feet for such a young girl to already hold such a high position.

After a while the elevator had finally arrived at its destination. Michael nodded to the people stepping into the cabin, while stepping out of it himself. It took him some effort to put a gracious appearance on, but having a meeting with Aleidis would be awkward enough without him acting like a fool. It was a bit of a mystery why she would invite him over to her office, he could not imagine that she still remembered him. They had only met a few times, when his father paid some friendly visits to Aleidis's father.

Stepping inside of the office Michael realized that the little girl clinging herself to her mother's skirt was long gone and a beautiful young woman had replaced her. He bowed deeply and said with what he hoped was a charming smile. “Good evening, Your Excellency, I thank you for your invitation and I am honored by your presence.”

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Michael Sardun"]

Aleidis managed a quiet smile as Michael payed unwanted respects. Or, perhaps he was just making fun of her. She'd never been especially good at telling the difference between the two. "Enough of that, or I'll have to start calling you 'Jedi Sardun'. And it's hard enough to take you seriously, after all these years." She confessed, standing from her desk with a small smile. As a child, Aleidis had been (like most Ghostlings and indeed, many little girls of various species) inherently untrusting and afraid of strangers. Especially boys. She'd spent most of the few times she'd met Michael hiding from him - using her knowledge of the forests of Datar to evade him, drop berries on his head if he lagged too far behind, or otherwise keeping herself out of reach.

Aleidis had grown from a shy, scrawny tomboy into a confident, glowing young woman. Literally glowing, as all Ghostlings naturally had a faint aura of luminescence.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
"My Lady Aleidis Ijet, the correct term would be Padawan Sardun." Michael said with a wink to make sure she understood he was just kidding. "But you could always just call me Michael, if it would please you. But I am leaving the moment you start calling me Micha again. I have always hated that nick name."

Michael then sat down in a chair, hoping Aleidis would appreciate the break in etiquette. With a grin on his face, he decided to ask the question which was on his mind. "Now, Aleidis, I was quite surprised you still remembered me. Did you call me for this meeting for something special, or is it just a general social call?"

Then he returned to his silence. Regarding the woman in front of him, while waiting for the inevitable outburst of rage because of his boldness.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Michael Sardun"]

"To offer my condolences." Aleidis said plainly, folding her hands on her desk with an apologetic look. "I... heard about your father. He was a good man, and I remember him fondly, even if I never had chance to spend much time with him once I was brought to Coruscant." She explained. "That's something I regret. I'm very sorry for your loss, Michael." The Ghostling promised. "General Atticus was like an uncle to me. And the Republic is lessened by his death." The teenager added for good measure.

"I just... felt that you should know that I'm here, if you needed to talk about it." Aleidis explained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom