Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Refugee Status

In the wake of the military junta back on her home planet of Belsavis, Sarilia Ellwin now stood on the bridge of her ship doing her best to think of what she could do for her people. She had managed to evacuate quite a few refugees from the planet that were fleeing the violence, but it was not enough. The world belonged to all the people of Belsavis, not just the military high command. The betrayal that sealed the fate of the planet for the time being had sent her deep into Confederacy space and far away from her home and the home of the people she swore to protect even if it meant the end of her life.

The crew was distraught too. She could tell that their fears plagued them by the concerned looks she caught now and then. Many of them still had family back on Belsavis and were now concerned that they would be targeted in retributive strikes against those who did not back the coup. It was the tap of the cane that kept her sane for the moment. Nervous habit thought it was, it grounded her in something simple as she rode the lift toward the refugees that were now held in one of the cargo bays. She meant to address them personally but as she entered the room to witness their disheveled and fearful faces looking to her for answers, she choked back tears. This was her home, these were her people, and they were suffering.

For a moment she held her fist balled up to her mouth to cover up a quivering lip. She patched into the intercom system of the cargo bay, "I am Imperator Sarilia Ellwin. It is unfortunate that we all must meet in these circumstances. My ship is your home now, and while it is not perfect, do not be afraid to approach a member of the crew for help if you need it. I will do my very best to accommodate all of you. In the mean time, please, try to relax and take stock of what it is you have with you. My commanders and I are working on a way to return home." she said, closing off the intercom channel and sighing. This was a heartbreaking thing for her, but she had to retain some measure of composure before them lest they fall victim to their own fear and sorrow.

The art of dancing in the light
Neryn was among the survivors who were indiscriminately taken aboard the huge ship commanded by the brilliant figure of
Imperator Sarilia Ellwin, at the time of organizing the transport ПЗК the majority of the population the girl was in a history museum, where she read about many famous personalities, where she was struck by the thought that many great persons remain alone for the rest of their lives, closed in by the reality for which they felt responsible. The girl's heart clenched at such thoughts and although a couple of hours had passed since then and she could now hear the speech of one such figure, she was still shying away from reality and struggling to cope with herself. She wanted to help such people, maybe explain, maybe reassure them, maybe just embrace them. But talents should not be allowed to perish as a result of self-criticism and the weight of the hard life they had chosen for themselves.

Since she possessed considerable force powerand could sense the emotions and thoughts of all those around her, she immediately recognised Sarilia Ellwin and the sense of pain and responsibility that emanated from her.

Neryn immediately rushed through all the people, quite deftly bypassing and not pushing anyone and finally finding herself in front of the guards she said a little worriedly

"М.. May I see your commander? She's scared, she's in pain, she needs support!!! "

Even those who didn't possess the power could sense the crazy aura that surrounded the girl, she was eager to help even though she was here by her own mistake...

Or maybe it wasn't a mistake...
It was fate..

Imperator Sarilia Ellwin Imperator Sarilia Ellwin

Imperator Ellwin wandered out of the cargo space and back into the hallway where she deliberated with several marines for a moment. The ship was going to have to go lean on rations to feed all of the people they had rescued, and they knew it too. It was their just duty to the people they volunteered to defend to make sacrifices, and Sarilia did not exempt herself from those sacrifices either. That was in spite of the high aristocratic life she grew up with as well. Her sense of justice was strong and that meant she too would suffer.

That was when the Sarilia was interrupted by one of the marines from the cargo hold with another woman in tow. The Imperator looked to the marine and smiled. A silent nod was approval that the woman could stay and speak her mind, "Imperator Sarilia Ellwin, at your service miss." she said with a deep and respectful bow to someone who was clearly not of the aristocracy herself. Even though she was of noble blood she was quite the egalitarian and treated everyone around her with the same respect she expected to receive. It was clear that she was a woman of strong principle and possessed of the will to lead others through even the most difficult of times.

Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn

Girl bowed back
"You could just say Naivia Neryn. I've already completely forgotten about my aristocratic past. Totally out of touch with my life experience."

The girl sighed, combining all thoughts into a beautiful portrait and began to speak softly, delicately, so that every word would reach Sarilia Ellwin, who was ten centimetres taller than her.

"P..please forgive me for being so informal, I just felt your pain and sadness for everyone here and the weight of the situation on your shoulders and I wanted to help you. You wanted to come out, but you couldn't stand the sight and condition of your people and you almost cried... "

The girl herself almost had tears coming out of her eyes

"I...I may not be a Jedi but I have the power and I can talk to you and maybe you will feel better than you do now. I am completely unarmed."

Whereupon Neryn returned her slightly teared wet fiery eyes and looked directly into Sarilla Ellwin's eyes, waiting for a response.

"I am not afraid, Naivia. Please, speak freely." she said politely as she stood before the woman with both hands on the head of her cane. Sarilia stood strong and firm, but the Naivia was correct, she felt the weight of an entire planet's people on her shoulders. That was the nature of leadership though. It fell to her as the last loyal member of the Belsavin High Command to try to restore the monarchy and parliament to the people. She was a blood relation to the royal line, but her motives were wholly pure. The people were represented by parliament to the monarchy, and beneath that the plenary assemblies of the cities and towns across Belsavis were representative of smaller local governments. It was an important aspect of life on Belsavis to feel represented, and she would do everything within her power to return that to her home world.

Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn

"To begin with, I will give a brief account of my life. That way it will be easier for you to talk about yours."

The girl exhaled and began her story

"I was born into the most powerful family on planet Brentaal IV as a result of my parents' unofficial marriage. House Naivia controlled many productive sectors and aspects of society. Almost from an early age, once it became clear that I was power-sensitive and also had the intelligence of a genius, I was mistreated. My brothers and sister beat me, called me names and generally inflicted a deep wound on the sense of home I grew up in. Because of this, I had to do my education under the guidance of servants who secretly invited teachers and they tried to give me the best of them. Eventually, over the years, my knowledge and practical abilities became so great that the head of the family - my father - officially expelled me from the family, depriving me of all privileges as a member of the aristocratic rulling class of the planet. I met the real reality. Famine, disease, plague, rape, civil strife and more. It was a terrible moment in my life. I was in so much pain... Until I finally saved up to leave the planet in the hope that somewhere in the galaxy I could be useful. And I found such a place... Only it wasn't a company, it wasn't a person... It was a Force entity, lonely and forgotten like me. And then a kind of fusion happened and he became part of me. I gained his knowledge and his desire to teach me to know the galaxy in all its colours. Such is my story till date... "

Answered the girl, smiling sweetly

"I appreciate your candor, Naivia. I too know a life of privilege, the privilege of serving others as it is my duty. It is my position as a powerful woman to bring comfort and provide for the less fortunate than I." she said with a somewhat solemn tone, "But I am truly sorry for the difficulties you faced as a child. No family should ever turn on one another. Solidarity is what keeps us together, mentally. I could never, in good conscience, turn the needy away from my door, so to speak. I am happy to have you aboard though. My ship is your home for now, so please enjoy your time here. See to the others who need emotional support before you see to my needs. I have faced these difficult times before, but I ask that you prioritize the people in that cargo hold before me. They need your special gifts and insight more than I." Sarilia finished up with a very sincere tone. She placed the needs of others ahead of hers so very often, and this time was no different.

Neryn listened carefully to Sarilia Ellwin's words and looked her closely in the eye and answered more confidently

"The world cannot grow and develop without a warm heart. Nor can the local population be without your warm words, hugs and help. And therefore, I at this moment
want to help you, because this is your mission and your world view, not theirs. And if it pains you to look at it all, then this pain should be healed and there should be hope
and love, not emptiness and doubt. I won't let you hide the pain of the operation from others, let alone from me. Trust me as I trusted you and open the curtain of your heart, you will feel better, I say immediately."

Neryn replied confidently taking the girl's hand in hers warmly and looking at her with her fiery eyes, letting her know that she would not back down from her words and intentions

"Truly your compassion and kindness are you greatest strengths. I appreciate your concern for me, I really do, but as heavy as my heart hangs these people need a pillar of strength in their time of darkness. I will grieve alone, and show them the strength they need to carry on themselves. A people's hope relies on having a strong will to help guide them and I fear that I cannot afford to appear as if I am losing my focus. If you wish, you may visit me in the evenings during my dinner and help me if you so choose." Sarilia said squeezing the hand that grabbed her own. The leather gloves were high quality, and everything about her appeared to be exemplary. Even still she too could feel the pangs of agony associated with these loses. For her though, duty called before her wellness.

"I don't like the way you think, and you're probably not used to thinking like me. I'm certainly not a great Jedi or some kind of prophet. But if I can give hope to the people and to you I will do so and let you know that we, unlike the gods and those who claim to be them, are real mortals and we have the right to show our weaknesses, they adorn us like wounds on our hearts, they make us stronger and more nimble. They become our gems, the real one unlike fake one"

Here the girl stopped to take a breath.
Her heart began to beat a little faster, she was calculating her strength.

"Listen to me carefully, now we will go out to your people together and you will tell them everything sincerely to their face. I believe in you, I will be withyou, don't be afraid. Everything will be all right."

The girl put her second warm hand over Sarilia Ellwin's leather gloves and looked into her eyes with a smile, lifting her head up slightly with determination.

The Imperator pursed her lips and frowned slightly. It was improper for those in leadership positions to show vulnerability and that was something that was very deeply ingrained in her. She sighed. There was no changing this woman's mind and she did not have the heart to have her removed by her marines.

Sarilia pulled her hands away from the woman and engaged the intercom channel again, "This is Imperator Ellwin speaking again. Forgive my interruption please but I must confess to you that my heart aches for all of you. You only wished to live your lives free of fear and violence and I have let you down. It is my duty to protect you all, and yet I could not see the threat from within that has no put you all at risk. I have never been put in such a difficult position in my life, and I am afraid for what could happen to all of you should we never be able to return to Belsavis. Just know, that I plan to keep my vow, to return us home and bring freedom back to our people." Sarilia said, closing the channel and just staring at the panel. There was nothing more painful to her than having to admit she was failing her people, but that was how she felt at the moment. She hoped they would forgive her, that they could see that she did her level best for them, even if to her it was a highly inadequate attempt. They had lost their home to despots and strong-arm warlords and she would not be happy until she could take it back.

Neryn nodded and raising one of her hands said

"I will help your words and thoughts reach them."

The girl tensed her body a little as a result every member of the people could feel a spiritual connection to Sarilia Ellwin and her emotions.
It was a warming feeling, the people understood her and accepted all her mistakes as it made her like them, lost and cornered. The girl put her other hand on the Imperator's shoulder so that she could feel unity with them, and after a few minutes everyone's condition improved and instead of applauding right inside Sarilia Ellwin's head they thanked her and said that they too would not let her down and would try to make this journey with her, for she was part of their narion, their history, their path.

Afterwards Neryn broke the connection and with a sigh said

"That's all I can do for now for everyone. When can I come to you separately today and just have a heart-to-heart talk to make you feel less alone? "

"When dinner rations are handed out, I will come down and eat with the people here. Unity will keep us moving forward." Sarilia said without looking up. The hand on her shoulder was comforting, and the acceptance of her people was the most soothing panacea for her plight. She was clearly sorrowful, but even now put on a brave face. After the showing of vulnerability she had to keep a stiff upper lip and trudge along.

She looked up and over her shoulder now,
"For now though, I must go and meet with my officers. We are going to deliberate on what we will do moving forward. Please, take some time to settle in, relax, and make the best of this home away from home. I appreciate your kindness, again." Sarilia finished and finally chose to move along and take care of her official business.

Neryn replied with complete understanding and she went to help others out while Sarila Ellwin was doing her own stuff with officers. It was a nice experience to feel the unity of entire race, something Neryn herself would love to feel one day if family will accept her but for now it was just enough imagining these memories. She returned to the cargo plays and lauly down trying to relax and let her force field go into more harmonious state than it was before. For now she thought it would be okay to let others do as they please, no more interference from her at least for now. If she will be needed later she will of course help everyone out. Other then that she also had plans to visit. imperator during evening to talk things out with her in more personal tone when she will be probably okay with that, not now when she looked vulnerable to any sort of deep talks which led Neryn to believe that true leaders need to sense the souls of others more than jedi as they are true face of their nation during great wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom