Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reflections

20210129_225626.png

671.png

Kaigann Fossk's Senatorial Office
Coruscant

It was a difficult adjustment, being on Coruscant, not so long ago he was aboard the Brotherhood of the Maw's Holy City, in a cage. The horrors of the galaxy had long dwelled on his mind, dating as far back as when he first apprenticed under Graxin Rade, given name Cyril Grayson, father of Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson . What was one to do against such bloodshed and violence but to rise as he always had. Spark the change needed and make a difference.

He never imagined in his wildest dreams he'd be here as a Senator for the Galactic Alliance, a politician, nonetheless it was a podium for the old man to stand on and make a difference. One of his first acts after his rescue had been returning home to a world he hadn't seen in a long long time. The Epochian people welcomed him back with open arms, with their support he decided to make a stand. While his old bones held him back from the frontlines he once knew intimately, he could seize the opportunity on the galactic stage and become a voice of reason.

Kaigann slouched back into his chair, his hand raising to his face as the last of his belongings were brought into the lavish office. Statuettes of founding figures within the old Galactic Republics' and Galactic Alliance's history adorned the walls of his office, supplemented by various Epochian pieces of art. He exhaled deeply as the aides and newly acquired staff left him, he rose from his seat and looked out at the vast view gifted to him over the Coruscanti skyline. He stood tall, interlocking his fingers behind his back as he shifted his gaze in survey of the gorgeous view with awe in his eyes.

It never got old.

Ilian Kastle Ilian Kastle

For how busy Coruscant was, Ilian had never felt more alone since his arrival.

The Jedi Temple was a stunning sight to behold. It was evident even at a glance that its restoration had been the passion project of many skilled architects, historians and artisans. Despite them not being the very same halls the legendary heroes of old had walked, it matched many of the detailed descriptions he'd read in his Order's old tomes. The same could be said for many of Galactic City's key locations, in fact. It was fascinating, yet hollow in some ways.

Everything was eerily familiar, and yet distinctly different. Nostalgic. The opportunity to leave Savareen to come here had excited him, yet he'd imagined things being different somehow. He yearned for a bygone era. A lot of time had passed since the ink of the old texts dried, and each day he spent among his New Jedi peers reminded him of that fact. Ilian had spent his whole life learning how to be a Jedi by the book, and yet he felt like an imposter here.

Of course, not all of the New Jedi Order's members shared the new-wave philosophies that were increasingly common among initiates. There were plenty who saw things differently -- dramatically, in some cases. With this considered, knowing there was room for such differences, Ilian felt a bit less pressure to conform to the ideals of the "modern" Jedi. There was much he could learn by embracing some new ideas, no doubt. He would try to in time. But for now, it was a conversation with someone more relatable that he needed most.

Senator Fossk's Office
Senate Building, Galactic City
Coruscant

Ilian had only met Knight Fossk recently. The Jedi-turned-Senator had been a prisoner of the westward Brotherhood of the Maw, and Ilian had been partly responsible for his rescue. He and Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze had infiltrated the cult's prison city to extract the elderly Jedi Knight. Kaigann had been an unknown to him then, but he'd since learned much more of the Epochian's history.

Hoping to absorb some of the old Jedi's worldly insight, Ilian reached out to arrange a meeting.

The door to the Senatorial office slides open with a faint hiss. Having just arrived, Ilian takes a step to the side, allowing several aides to exit the room with a slight bow of his head. Waiting a moment to ensure there are no others, the young Knight steps through the doorway and into the newly decorated room. Though he quickly notices Kaigann standing behind his desk to look out at the vista, Ilian's eyes can't help but wander between the sculptures and other art pieces as he approaches.

"Knight Fossk," he greets warmly from the opposite side of the desk, standing with his arms crossed in the sleeves of his robe, "thank you for meeting with me. Things must be hectic with your recent election."

IlianUgh.png

Last edited:

20210129_225626.png

"Knight Fossk."

The voice drew away his attention from the breathtaking view, with a warm smile he turned to face his guest with open arms. "Ah! Welcome!" He stepped forward toward the desk smiling brightly, "You honor me, but I am no longer the Jedi I once was. There is little need for formalities here my friend, please call me Kaigann."

He extended his hand toward one of the two empty seats on the opposite side of his desk as he slipped into his chair. "Ah yes, it has taken some adjusting to be sure. You could say I have a second lease on life, one I do not intend to squander away without making an impact in the galaxy. I never had the chance to properly thank you and Padawan Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze , your bravery is to be commended."

The seasoned Jedi's smile faded slightly, his eyes washed over his guest in study. He questioned the Jedi Knight with a look of puzzling certainty and a slight tilt of his head, "..but that's not why you're here. Is it? What can I do for you my young friend?"

Last edited:

It wasn't why he was there.

Ilian squares his shoulders as Kaigann begins to study his expression, evening himself as best as he can. I would be a leap of faith to hope that the old man had similar reservations, doubly that he'd be willing to talk about them. Nonetheless, Ilian's options were limited.

"No, Kaigann, you're right. It's not," he finally says flatly.

The Knight's eyes break from the Senator and once more scan the decorations of the room. He recognized some of the busts and scenery depicted, but many were unknown to him.

"I read into your file in the archives after my mission," he admits, unsure of how the Epochian might take the admission, "you have history with the Essonians. I've learned a lot about this Alliance's history since I got here. It's roots-" he casts a glance back to Kaigann "-the, uh, Grayson Imperium. Army of Light."

Ilian disagreed with the notion of Jedi Lords almost as much as he did with Jedi rascals. They were two extremes that were not befitting of the Jedi Way -- as he interpreted it, at least. However, it wasn't the disagreements that brought him to Senator Fossk's new office. It was perhaps the one thing he had in common with the Ashlan Crusaders: a respect for tradition.

"You're a man of the Old Ways, right?" he asks outright, remaining rigid in place, "From what I saw, you've served in several of the resurgent Orders. Are they all so... different?"

Having opened the gate, so to speak, his confessions come easier now, "I've spent my life studying the sacred texts and practicing the Way of the Jedi. I've studied the words of our ancient Masters and completed my Trials. I had always been told the Old Order collapsed centuries ago; that only we remained to protect and pass on its most sacred traditions."

He lowers his head, "It was both a relief and a punch in the gut to learn my Enclave had hid the truth; that there were still galactic orders. But, looking around?" Ilian sighs, "I sometimes can't help but think we were what remained to protect and pass its most sacred traditions."

IlianUgh.png

20210129_225626.png

"No, Kaigann, you're right. It's not."

The elder Jedi closed his eyes and nodded his head, he had assumed as much from his body language. He welcomed any inquiry or guidance he could part, but it had been some time since he had last been apart of the galactic stage. There were many things he still needed brought up to speed on. Nonetheless, he would do what he could to help.

"Oh have you?" He chuckled in a flattering tone before closing his lips, listening to everything the Jedi Knight had to say. He had always been good at listening, absorbing information and processing it internally. It had helped him with diplomatic missions as a padawan for the Republic, the Reformation, dealing with the Mandalorians, and miraculously the defunct Graug Pirate Clan of Gratos.

"I can understand your sentiments, the Old Ways were all I knew as a lad taken from Epoch. I served the Galactic Republic during a time of reconstruction and constant warfare. Many of us had to learn how to adapt with the times, change our ways without losing what it meant to be Jedi." His eyes drifted away momentarily, caught up in memory. "The Silver Schism, the Sacking of Coruscant, the One Sith. How much could a fledgling order take before it too became one with with wind? Many of us did what we could, my greatest mentor and personal friend, Cyril Grayson, could not stand idly by and watch it all go to waste."

His right hand rose, moving in gesture as he spoke on, "I cannot speak on behalf of the Grayson Imperium and their Army of Light but.. our cause was just. When we assembled what armies we could and struck out, we toppled a ruthless autocratic regime from Ession and built a New Jedi Order and a Grand Temple that we could use to rally the scattered children of the Light."

"We called ourselves the Reformation, the Army of Light. My perceptions on what it meant began to change. Time does that, war changes us. While your Enclave may have lied to you, did they not have your best intentions at heart?"
Kaigann rested his hand on the desk and leaned back into his chair.

"Trust your feelings."

A slight pause, "In the end, we are beholden only to the Force. It doesn't matter who's flag you carry or what Jedi Order you belong to. What matters is sticking by what YOU believe in. Doing what you need to in order to build a brighter future. Trust only in the Force, it will not lead you astray."

The product of circumstance was the same explanation he'd heard from the New Jedi. Both broke core traditions in their own ways, adapting their priorities to topple ruthless regimes. The Sith. Two sides of the same coin fighting two faces of the same enemy. Time and circumstance had changed them both -- was that not the problem?

Many thoughts and opinions rush to the forefront of Ilian's mind, but he keeps them at bay.

"Trust your feelings."

With a soft exhale, the young man takes a few steps toward one of the guest chairs in Kaigann's pause, adjusting his robes to sit across the desk from him. He watches his fellow Knight intently as he finishes his words. They carried wisdom, Ilian would not deny that. Still, he found it hard to agree with them.

"Jedi are not meant to be soldiers," he answers, interlocking his fingers on his lap. It made him uncomfortable to say such a thing to a veteran like Fossk, but he was only following the Epochian's suggestion of trusting his instincts.

"War makes us lose track of ourselves -- history has shown us this. It distances us from the Force; it leads us away from the Light," his focus shifts to the side of Kaigann, staring out the window behind him, "our strength is our discipline, not our skills with the blade. The Force is a mentor, not a weapon."

Despite the confidence in his tone, Ilian felt doubt. The Jedi Way was difficult and, in more than a few ways, contradictory. One could likely read the same tomes and extract different meanings from them to some extent. But, at their core, Ilian believed their intentions were clear.

"Right now, padawan are passing their Trials on the battlefield and their Masters are dying beside them. This can't be what the Force wills," his tone softens with a hint of sadness, "...can it?"

IlianUgh.png

Last edited:

20210129_225626.png

"You are very wise Ilian," The Epochian closed his eyes briefly and followed through with a simple nod, "I wholeheartedly agree, but who am I to determine what is and is not the will of the Force?" He sighed, looking upon the Jedi Knight who displayed hints of sadness. Kaigann knew that feeling all too well and had been in those same shoes long ago.

"I fear for the righteous who take upon them the burden of combating the Sith in the heart of darkness. It takes a heavy toll upon the spirit to witness such horrors, I've seen many once upon a time fall prey to the same darkness they swore to destroy."

He rose his right hand up to stroke his beard in contemplation, exhaling softly after a moment of thought, "You are correct, the Jedi were never meant to be soldiers. We are guardians, spiritual guides, and seekers of truth... justice. Long have our perceptions been distorted between peacekeepers and justice seekers. Caught between scholarly monk and righteous warrior."

His hand fell to the desk, his eyes shifting back to the Knight before him. "..but in the same token, who else will stand before the tides of darkness in defiance? To allow evil to grow, to fester.. well, if one has the means to do great good and act in order to save countless lives.. and does nothing.. isn't just as terrible as the act itself?"

The elder Jedi frowned sadly, it was a difficult dilemma that had plagued all Jedi since the First Schism. In his mind, there was no cut and dry answer, it was almost as elusive as the greater meanings of the Force. The truth could only be found looking inward instead of out.

Kaigann was right.

Neither of them were the voice of the Force's will. Ilian would likely never hear the true answer to his question. Still, he hoped that it was "No."

The Knight takes to nodding along in agreement as the much older man speaks on. War, even with righteous intentions, was inherently evil. He'd been fortunate enough to avoid its horrors growing up; perhaps one of the few perks of his seclusion. From what he'd read of the Galaxy's more recent history, he could only imagine the things Fossk had seen in his lifetime.

The Dark Side lurks on the battlefield, waiting for an opportunity to strike. Each time a saber is drawn with the intent to cause harm; Each time a moral boundary is pushed for the sake of a greater good. It watches us compromise; justifying our actions by the results they bring.

But the Force knows the truth.

Kaigann's final point was the paradox that neither Ilian, nor any before him, were able to solve.

What did it actually mean to be a keeper a peace? To what extent could the weak be guarded before their path strayed? Where is the line between defender and soldier?

He hadn't actually expected the Epochian to have the answer to those questions, but disappointment finds him regardless and Ilian lowers his head.

"I've meditated on that question a lot, searching for the answers the Old Masters must have found to make the decisions they did," he rolls his thumbs, his hands hidden by the sleeves of his robe, "I hope to one day find them."

His head rises once more, meeting Kaigann's gaze directly, "Too many look inward, but search only for the answers they want. They interpret the Force's visions only in ways that benefit them. They seek its strength, not its guidance. A path to the Dark Side."

As Kaigann's face sags into a frown, Ilian's own expression hardens, "When you took up arms against the One Sith with the Essonians, did the Force tell you to do so? Or, did you see it as the only way you could enact its perceived will?"

IlianUgh.png

Last edited:

20210129_225626.png

Kaigann's saddened face lifted upon meeting the hardened expression of the Jedi Knight, his head nodded once more as his eyes briefly closed. He could sympathize with Ilian wholeheartedly. "As do we all. Such is the great mystery."

His eyes opened, his body leaned forward as both arms rested on the desk, fingers interlocking as he matched his gaze with Ilian's. "To see the past, present, and future. To witness visions, see approaching shatterpoints converge on one singular event, to navigate the signs and narrow down the endless possibilities."

He chuckled softly,

"It isn't as easy as one might believe, more often than not we end up in a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes even the wisest of Jedi end up doing more harm than good by trying to interpret such possibilities, and act with intention of doing greater good.. but in the end, causing only more pain. We must not forget that within all our hearts there are dark urges. It is up to us to control such emotion and impulses to strive for balance for there cannot be darkness without light or light without dark."

Kaigann rose slowly from his seat, stepping aside from his desk to face the cityscape view. "When great tragedies occur, the cries and pain of countless sentinents reverberates through the Force. You can feel their agony, their suffering." His gaze slowly shifted back to Ilian, his eyes filled with memorized pain and sorrow, "That was the legacy of the One Sith, the Vong, and the Primeval. Pain. The very same pain we could not sit by and watch go on any longer. We acted because we felt it was the right thing to do. There was nothing, no vision l, no clarity. Only pain, and we could not let it go unanswered."

He breathed deeply, letting the emotions of the past wash away. The Epochian smiled warmly and gestured in invitation to the Jedi Knight, "Let's take a walk."

So many inescapable flaws.

Of course, Ilian couldn't judge Kaigann for them. The old man had said it himself: Even the wisest of the Jedi were not infallible. Ilian did not presume himself to be on par with any Master of the Force. The scope of these profound questions and the terrible consequences of galaxy-spanning tragedies were well beyond what he could imagine.

The sorrow in Senator Fossk's eyes gave him some insight, at least.

Ilian found himself without words worth saying as Kaigann finished his thoughts and gathered himself. Even if he didn't agree with the motivation, he had no desire to offend his fellow Knight. Kaigann had done what he thought was right and suffered for it. Ilian wouldn't reopen the wound.

"Let's take a walk."

The young man perks up at the offer, his attention having retreated inward during their brief moment of silence. He nods, rising from the chair to follow wherever the Senator intended to lead them.

"Forgive me, Kaigann," he says softly as they come side-to-side, "I don't mean to offend or accuse."

He glances to the Epochian from the corner of his eye as they walk, "I'm just trying to understand. There's so much about so much that I don't. Even things I thought I knew -- fundamentals -- feel uncertain. I am a Jedi, but I feel like a stranger here."

Ilian sighs, "I sometimes find myself looking at the crowds of the Temple in confusion, but don't even know what questions to ask."

IlianUgh.png

20210129_225626.png

The Epochian was happy to see the Jedi Knight rise to meet his offer, their engaging conversation was becoming very interesting and he welcomed such deep discussion. It was the mark of a wise individual to seek counsel and challenge the established status quo, to seek answers in places few treaded, to ask questions long avoided. Kaigann walked in stride with his guest as he came side by side with the senator, they casually made way for exit, for the halls of the Senate Building proper. As they passed the various art pieces, Epochian artifacts, and memorabilia from past excursions his ears perked up as the Jedi Knight apologized.

Kaigann's sight shifted over as they passed the threshold of the office, the doors sounding off in a whoosh, opening before them. "There is no offense taken my friend. If one cannot get over the past he is destined to doom his future, my actions and choices are mine alone to bear." His gaze moved away with a soft grin, he would never forget the past but it would not haunt his future.

The Senator chuckled playfully, he knew too well that feeling from his initial time within the Reformation, when the ideas brought forth of returning the Jedi Lords to the fold. Back then, he couldn't imagine a Jedi taking up such power, even if it was for the greater good. The ideas set forth by his fellow Jedi and even his master were against what he knew or at least conflicted with it in many ways. The Army of Light and the Jedi Lords were deemed necessary, even critical in the fight against darkness. He just wondered at what cost?

Of course, his views began to change overtime. War does that.

"I can relate to that. The important detail to remember is to take in as much knowledge as you can, process the information for yourself and breakdown the teachings for what they truly mean to convey."

Kaigann sighed, pausing for a brief moment he set his hand on the shoulder of Ilian, "I may no longer be an active member of the Jedi Order, but if you ever need counsel or guidance. My door is always open friend." He tapped his shoulder with a grin and continued on, making way for the entryway expanse lined with massive columns and red carpet.

"It isn't easy being a Jedi, we do what we must and strive to determine the will of the Force. It is easy to lose oneself in falsehoods, misguided perspectives, and splintered ideologies. It is imperative in the end to do what you believe in, and follow your teachings. Search your feelings, and look toward the horizon for the bright future never the darkness behind you."

Ilian scans the halls as they walk, looking between the people they pass and the decorations surrounding them. He wasn't familiar with Epochian history, but the artwork was still beautiful to behold.

He nods at the Senator's response to his apology. The sentiment was true, at least. Kaigann was wise -- this was, after all, the reason Ilian had sought him out. Despite the Knight's opinions of the old man's history, it was those actions that gave him the wisdom that Ilian desired.

Kaigann had found his way back into the Light.

Ilian's eyes glance to Kassk's hand on his shoulder as they pause. At his offer, a smile breaks through his typically flat expression.

"Thank you, Kaigann," he replies warmly, bowing his head a bit by reflex. He was used to men of the Senator's age holding positions as Masters in the Order.

Following Kaigann into the larger chamber, the Knight's thoughts follow the words being spoken. Months ago he'd known only of the Jedi Enclave on Savareen -- now, in just a short period of time, he was aware of not only the New Jedi Order, but the Silver Jedi, a resurgence of the Je'daii teachings, and many other auxiliary Force Orders. Most of them, presumably, followed their own interpretations of the same words.

Nevertheless, Ilian can't help but dwell on what the intended meanings were when quills were put to parchment. Modern Jedi were forced to interpret, but there had to have been specific intentions once upon a time... lost to the ages and in translations.

Even the Jedi Code had been a victim of such things.

"I'll do my best. I've been reading and meditating a lot since coming here. I'm trying to have an open mind," he lowers his voice as a scribe walks by them, following them with his eyes until they are out of earshot, "I'm trying and will continue to. But -- this Alliance; this New Order -- it's a lot to get used to."

IlianUgh.png

20210129_225626.png

The Epochian paused momentarily amongst the pillars and the sprawling decorative walkways between them, his eyes glancing down toward his own hands. He looked up with a humored smile, casting a gaze over the youthful Jedi before him with a nod of agreement.

"I can sympathize with you. I'm getting old, these halls have changed hands more times than I care to count in my lifetime. What was once here is now there, what was once pristine is now falling into disrepair or is being restored, replaced and that lot. It takes a great deal of adjusting in this chaotic age, never before have we been so challenged as a galactic community." The elder Jedi returned his hands to his side and continued their walk, taking a few steps once more and falling into stride with the Jedi Knight.

"You have great wisdom my friend. The New Jedi Order are lucky to have you, I look to following your career and seeing the changes one such as you bring whether you realize it or not. Your actions will inspire others in the most subtle of ways, always be a voice of guidance to others even in areas you believe you falter. Be the unmovable object, the hard rock that defies the wind."

They began to approach the landing areas, a clear view of the cityscape laid before them along with the bright light of the Coruscanti sun shining against the glass spires in the distance. Even from their dark, dim lit, ceremonial walkway the skyline of Coruscant was as it always had been, simply beautiful. Kaigann turned to his guest and rose his finger with a look of query, "I'm thinking of organizing an expedition soon, a hunt for artifacts and lost treasures from the past history of the Jedi Order. While I no longer may be the Jedi Knight I once was, I certainly still find the search for knowledge to be a thrilling experience. If you are not caught up on the front lines I'd like for you to be my liason for the hunt, I'm far too old for such endeavors. I'll personally be funding the expedition, I just want to ensure if anything is found it is returned to the Jedi Order where it belongs."

The fact the older man at least understood his struggle gave Ilian some comfort. He'd worried that his reactions as a whole were irrational; that he was being difficult or stubborn. It wasn't exactly peace of mind, but knowing that the two Knights recognized the chaos of everything around them from their positions at opposite ends of a spectrum was enough affirmation for now.

Ilian bows his head at Kaigann's compliments. He didn't exactly share the Epochians opinions, but having felt alienated by the culture of the New Jedi, it they were encouraging to hear. Deep down, he hoped the old man's wisdom would prove right. That he might have the chance to guide the Order in some way, some day. After he figured out his own path, of course.

"Be the unmovable object; the rock that defies the wind."

A rise of confidence hardens the young Knight's features.

"I'll do my best," he answers with a nod of his head.

As they step out to the landing area, Ilian looks passed Kaigann to take in Galactic City's skyline. He'd been hypothesized by it a few times before -- catching it in passing from a window in the Temple. From here it looked endless; a concrete jungle that reached up from depths to the clouds.

Outside the Temple walls the Force was loud here. It was distracting. Billions of life forms going about their routines. Filled with joy and dread. New life emerging as the old fade away. If he focused, he could catch the faintest hints of these snapshots of life.

He looks back to Kaigann as the Senator raises his finger.

A liaison for an expedition?

Ilian takes a moment to consider the request carefully, leaving the two in a short silence. He had no intentions to taking up arms alongside the rest of the Order. Even against the Sith. The paradox of their previous conversation would have to be meditated on more.

"I'm honoured that you'd offer this to me," his voice trails off, still showing some uncertainty, "where's the expedition going? Are you looking for something specific?"

IlianUgh.png

20210129_225626.png

Kaigann smiled warmly and shifted his face to a tilt, recognizing the uncertainty still lingering in Ilian's voice as it trailed off he offered a look of excitement and wonder to lift his spirits. "The honor would be mine my friend, I'm excited to announce that my scouts have located an ancient stronghold of the Jedi Order from the days of the High Republic on Caragon-Viner." The Epochian slid his hands into the long sleeves of his robes, brimming with passion for the project he began to convey the details of the mission, "It has been long buried, abandoned since before the rise of the Galactic Empire, we followed a lead from a credible source and when my scouts came back they held credible proof of the structure's continued existence."

He rose a brow and looked off in the direction of the landing area and vast spires sprawling across the horizon, "The teachings and artifacts within that outpost would be priceless. They deserve to fall into the hands of those who can make use of them for the greater good, they deserve to be among the Jedi where they belong." His eyes fell back onto Ilian, he paused for just a moment to let his works sink in, "Perhaps it may even hold the answers to the questions you ask, the answers to the meaning of their words.."

"..if anything it's a start in the right direction."

It was true, he believed the knowledge and treasures that possibly dwelled within could further the New Jedi Order and the next generation to come in their understanding of the Force.

"Take some time, think on it. I believe it is an opportunity we cannot let pass us by."

"From the days of the High Republic..."

Just those words along prompt Ilian's eyes to widen immediately.

A potentially untapped trove of artifacts and sacred knowledge from the glory days of the Jedi Order? The young Knight was hard pressed to imagine something that could peak his interest more. He hadn't heard of the planet before, but an evening spent in the archives could solve that.

"I don't need the time," he answers, looking away from the skyline and back to Kaigann as the two come to a stop, "I can't pass up an opportunity like this; to see the history I've been so vested in so intimately."

A subtle smile forms on the young man's face.

"The Force brought me to you when I sought its guidance," he looks back out over the horizon, seeing the manufactured environment surrounding them with a new appreciation as he draws a deep breath "Maybe, like you said, this is it leading me to the answers."

He nods to himself.

"I'll be ready when you need me," Ilian turns, placing a hand on his fellow Knight's arm, "and thank you, Kaigann. Truly."

His mind wanders to what might await him on Caragon-Viner; what insightful treasures or perils might be buried in the outpost's ancient stronghold. He would be sure to meditate on these thoughts in the coming days -- reaching out into the currents of the Force with the hope of catching glimpses of what was to come.

IlianUgh.png

20210129_225626.png

Kaigann's own eyes began to light up following the words of Ilian.

A hand extends outward toward the Jedi Knight with a sly grin on the face of the elder Epochian, "I'm ecstatic to hear this, let us shake on a fruitful partnership in this endeavor my friend, may the Force reward us with knowledge to change the face of future generations for the greater good."

He chuckled slightly, both amused and flattered, "Then let the Force show us the way."

The elder Jedi felt the hand of his newfound ally rest on his arm for but a moment, he replied to this gesture with a subtle nod and a warm smile. "No, thank you Ilian. I will reach out to you with the full details when they are finalized and keep you updated for when we wish to begin."

Whatever laid in wait for them on that long abandoned outpost belonged to the Jedi and would be reclaimed by them, he had wondered what beautiful works could be inside, what craftsmanship lined the halls, what magnificence awaited all who stepped foot on this great journey.

The Epochian Senator bowed before the Jedi Knight and gave him farewell, "Remember fortune favors the bold, goodbye Ilian. You shall hear from me very soon I assure you, it has been my honor speaking to you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom