Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reencounter

Reencounter

Notable Equipment: Jedi armour, various items
Tags: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

---​

He continued walking up the steps of the old ruins. His ship stood on a plane surface of packed ice a bit back. Mathieu looked around as more of the area came into his field of view. The main structure was still mostly intact. While its integrity was compromised at several spots, the walls, pillars and even the roof still remained in place. Numerous smaller structures around it had been completely or half-destroyed. Some carried clear signs of violence whilst others had failed to stand the test of time. It was all covered in a thin layer of snow. Rhen Var was a rugged and cold planet - in a way, Mathieu found himself lucky, for he was near the equator. There was almost more rock than snow and ice, almost. By comparison, it was warmer than many other regions of the planet.

The light snowfall had created white spots along his wide shoulders. The outer robes of his apparel were efficient in protecting against the cold. Underneath laid armoured plates, efficient in protecting against other kinds of danger. His moved with intent towards the entrance. There was a dark presence inside the temple. Something which he had been tasked to root out. Chaussidier, the one who brought him to the former core regions of the Sith Empire of old, trusted him to carry out the task. Mathieu had embarked on the journey as a Padawan. Technically, he still was one. But it was of little importance in the grand scheme of things.

Once at the gate, the young Morellian stretched out a hand to feel the massive iron door. He looked up to assess its size. Four metres, at least. "Well" he whispered before starting to push. The door grizzled and gnawed as the large Jedi applied further pressure, slowly forcing it to budge. Once there was an opening large enough for him to fit, Mathieu slipped inside. There, two, seemingly surprised robed figures looked to him. Both were wearing dark robes, the first plain, the other with hardened leather as protection. More notably, they both seemed to be armed with sabres. What stuck out the most, however, was the shape they were in. Their faces told a story of malnourishment, just as their -now- oversized clothes. Upon a careful look, their eyes revealed that they were much younger than their rather weary bodies would first suggest.

The Jedi looked to them with a similar sense of surprise. Were these really the ones who he had sensed? The dark presence that he was supposed to root out? "Hey" he said, trying to initiate a conversation. Once it was clear that their response would be silence, he continued "I am Mathieu, I'm a Jedi. You should come with me." his voice was still a welcoming one, although it carried a more determined undertone towards the end of the sentence.

One of the Sith, the armoured one, took a small step forth, prompting the other to hiss "Stop, he's a Jedi". The armoured acolyte glanced back and let out an ominous "I know". She took another step towards the Jedi before drawing her sabre and launching a rather sudden attack. Fortunately, it was nothing which Mathieu had not expected. He swatted the incoming blade away with a powerful blow and quickly followed it up with a counter attack against the assailant's arm. Meanwhile, the more careful one seemed to keep creeping closer to the fight.

Alina_divider.png.png

This was, ultimately, exhausting. The few allies she had were quite literally few in number. Maybe.. Two? Two for sure. A third if she wanted to involve her, but the whole point of this was to prove her own worth in being loved. Alina never stopped though. No matter how exhausting, beaten, betrayed she was, she wouldn't give up. There were some that could be saved. Some that needed to be saved.

Like she was.

She stuck to the shadows, using them as a shield from the various enemies she knew she'd encounter. Loyalists to the fallen empire. New Imperial patrols that'd want her dead. The crusaders of Ashla that'd want to purge her. Jedi. Truly there were no allies to be found. That's just how it was, though. Her path was always going to be a lonely one. She'd picked up on them earlier. The pair of younger Sith that'd been scavenging the ruins. Their heartbeats showed their paranoia.

No, wait. Something was off. It took a moment, but she could feel a third? Her eyes narrowed as a sudden jump in their heartbeats met her ears. So she emerged. Instinct and the desire to protect propelled her forward. Her red sabers ignited mid leap as she brought them both around. Her spear, her blade, she caught Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion 's strike and the acolyte's defense.

And blinked. There was no time to explain. Instead she turned her head to the young, her glowing yellow eyes glaring. "Run." They didn't hesitate. Her gaze shifted back to the Jedi as she pressed against his blade, trying to keep him from following.

"Didn't think I'd see you. How ya been?" She flashed a grin, though that couldn't hide how actually nervous she was. It had to be him, of all people.

Reencounter

---​

It all went fast as a second lightsabre could be heard violently humming into life from nearby. Mathieu felt a familiar presence but before he could pinpoint who it was, his lightsabre clashed with with hers. The blue and red of their sabres coloured their immediate surroundings as the weapons locked near the acolyte's arm. Mathieu was surprised. Not only had he not expected a third party to intervene, but he also had not expected the third party to be her.

There she was, Alina, the Sith whom had participated in the brutal attack on the temple of Ossus. The two of them had fought hard that day, and also in the past. Perhaps they were destined to fight once more on Rhen Var. Mathieu shuddered upon remembering their last encounter. The things she had done with the corpses of his fallen comrades made him sick. At least she wouldn't be able to repeat the deed today. But then, she had proven to be more than capable of other feats as well.

The woman hollered for the acolytes to flee. At least they would no longer pose a thread. For the moment.

Almost as if by instinct, Mathieu allowed the pressure she put towards his lightsabre to give him momentum. He turned the other way in a spin to levy a powerful kick against her core. So powerful that, if she wouldn't be sent back by it, he would be pushed back by the sheer force of the impact. Regardless, distance would be created between them.

The moments that followed felt like minutes. He studied her. For some reason, she seemed somewhat different from before. But then, time tended to do that to people.

He processed her words, and the rather unexpected nervousness that manifested in her smile. But before he could think about it too long, his mind was forced back to the present as the acolytes made their way towards the exit. His arms rose as he concentrated, showing little interest in responding to her quip. With quite a bit of effort, the Jedi managed to bring a loose piece of the ceiling down to block the acolytes' escape. From the new hole in the roof, a bright white ray of light shot into the room, straight at the large Morellian.

Readying himself for continued combat, Mathieu spoke. On the surface, his voice carried determination and confidence, but in truth, he was wondering if he hadn't decided to take on too great a challenge by isolating himself with three Sith. "I will give you the same offer as I gave them. Surrender. Surrender now and I will ensure that you are treated fairly."

Alina_divider.png.png

Where she hoped to prolong their engagement by pressing against his blade, Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion had other plans. Her gaze shifted back to him just as the kick impacted her stomach. To her credit, or perhaps to her species credit, she took the blow and only stumbled back a step. It hurt, immensely at that, but her body was just built different now. Stronger, harder, than it was on Ossus.

Her gaze shifted behind her as she heard it. The ceiling collapsing. There was no hesitation as she turned from the Jedi, leaving her back completely exposed as she launched her spear for the falling object. Severing it before it hit the ground so the acolytes could still escape. They needed to escape. They weren't ready, not yet. "Any other time, and I might've accepted it. But there's more here you don't understand. Any chance we can let them go and you and I talk?" She turned her gaze back to him. The saber that was still in her hand disengaged, the red fading from view.

"I don't want to have to fight you."

Reencounter

---​

A drunk bantha could hit her. Where Mathieu had expected a drawn out fight between himself and the three of them, Alina exposed herself to clear a path for the Acolytes. Although he liked to think of himself as a better combatant than a drunk bantha, Mathieu couldn't bring himself to strike at someone who was not doing anyone any harm and who was - relatively - defenceless.

His one hand quickly rose. The intent to create another blockage was clear. But then, she spoke. Talk? It was hard not to remember the events following their first encounter. "I don't trust you." He spoke with a strong but apprehensive tone as his eyes studied her face, looking for signs of deceit or intents for a sudden attack. While the large Morellian displayed a staunch front, there were clear signs of hesitation.

He was already conflicted when he first brought the chunk of the ceiling down, knowing that fighting the three of them would be dangerous. And now, there was new information. Of course, he was aware of how much he had developed since their last encounter, but now, he also had a glimpse of her growth too. She withstood a kick which would have sent others flying and she had the confidence to leave her back open to him. Although Mathieu didn't express it with words, he did allow the Acolytes to leave. His raised arm slowly dropped to clasp his sabre. In an ideal world, he would have been able to capture all three of them. But in this case, pragmatism prevailed.

"Speak" he said, not dropping his guard for a moment.

Alina_divider.png.png

Not wanting to have to fight Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion didn't mean she was unwilling. Even as she extinguished her blade, she was prepared for the Jedi to continue their battle anyway. The last time he'd let her surrender Alina betrayed him and his trust. It was a reality she brought on herself from her own choices. Consequences she would willingly accept, if it meant possibly moving forward.

She made no move and held no intention to even speak until the acolytes had fled. Her gaze drifted after them for a moment, feeling their heartbeats. Making sure they truly did flee. The ex Sith could always find them again, if she wasn't killed or captured by the Jedi before her. As the feeling of them faded her body seemed to relax. She didn't have to fight for their protection anymore.

"They need to be shown another path if they're going to leave the Sith. Not just be demanded to surrender. The life we live, it's full of betrayal and mistrust. They'll attack anyone who's not an ally, even if they're there to help. Especially now with the crusaders purging them." Her lips thinned for a moment, then she tossed her saber towards the Jedi. An underhanded, slow toss. Disarming herself.

"You can take me if you want. I won't deny the wrong I've done. Just, give them a chance. Even if they lash out, there's still hope for them to escape this life."

Reencounter

---​

It would be some time before she spoke. Mathieu looked to his old enemy intently, ready for her to strike at a moments notice. An unignited blade could come to life quickly. But then, she seemed to relax. Her shoulders fell ever so slightly. He had noticed the same thing as she had, the acolytes seemed to have escaped. At least their presence in the force appeared to become more distant.

He shook his head upon hearing her words. They were speaking of Sith. Beings capable of doing a great deal of harm onto others. And as was so often the case for people who had fallen to the dark, many had difficulties in restraining themselves. Mathieu was about to speak, about to offer a counter argument to her. Explain why he needed to capture them. Perhaps even to put her mind at ease with the knowledge that capture by him was better than being caught by the crusaders. Instead, she tossed her sabre to him.

Mathieu was surprised to say the least. His eyes shot down to her sabre before going up to study her, searching for signs of deceit. She had fooled him once, making it that much harder to trust her yet another time. Still, it was hard to deny the meaning that her actions carried. "Their hope to escape this life would probably be better with me" he said, his voice ringing with a solemn undertone. His eyes studied her for a little longer before taking hold of the cuffs that hung by his belt. "These can't really hold you anyways, can they?" he asked whilst tossing them over to the Sith.

Bending down, the large Morellian picked up her sabre and walked over to pick up her spear, giving her plenty of time with the cuffs. Hanging the spear by his back and holstering her sabre where he used to hang his own, Mathieu extinguished his own blade whilst walking back towards Alina. The Jedi pointed towards the direction of his ship. "What's the plan this time?" he asked, thinking back to the last time they were in a similar situation.

Alina_divider.png.png

"No, but I'm sure that won't ruin the fantasy." She teased lightly as she caught the cuffs. As he went to collect her weapons she strapped them on. There was no reason not to, especially with Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion willing to at least talk. Maybe she could convince him that what his way wasn't the only way? Her gaze shifted to follow him once the cuffs were on, listening. She didn't have an answer, not at first.

Then she walked in the direction he pointed. "Other than convince you there's other ways? Nothing comes to mind." Hell, she wasn't planning to get caught for example. But here she was, handcuffed and heading to a Jedi cruiser. She chuckled softly. At least he wasn't a crusader.

"Do you know what it's like to be a Sith Acolyte?"

Reencounter

---​

He glanced at her amusedly for a brief moment. It was odd for in some rare occasions, he felt like they could understand each other perfectly. Moreso than he could ever understand the Jedi Masters back at the temple. At other times, however, she was a complete mystery to him. "Other ways?" he asked, genuinely not quite sure what she was referring to. His mind went to portable holding cells or heavy sedatives but he quickly realised that it wasn't nearly a good enough reason for her to allow herself to be captured. His lips curled to a smile, roughly at the same time as she let out a soft chuckle. What was she thinking about?

Mathieu stayed silent for while as they made their way towards the ship. "A bit different from being a padawan, I imagine." he spoke casually, revealing that he didn't have much of an idea of how it was. Perhaps some more studious padawans would know the answer to her question. But Mathieu had spent far too much time on the field of battle and far too little time in the archives to have much of an idea on the matter. His mercenary experience didn't give much insight either.

"Watch the head" he said as they approached the ship. His arm pointed to a low-hanging cable by the boarding ramp.

Once they were inside, he would look to her curiously. "Tell me. What is it like to be a Sith Acolyte?"

Alina_divider.png.png

"To save them." She chuckled a bit, watching him. What was he thinking she meant? She ducked under the cord as she entered the ship, hands down by her waist. Relaxed for the most part. Which, was a surprise given her capture. Maybe it was just because Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion was the one who'd captured her. Despite their fights, he was a Jedi she could trust not to harm her. Or anything like that.

Inside she found the first place that looked comfortable and plopped right onto the seat, humming softly.

"Hell. Full of fear on if you were gonna die on the whim of your master or some other, more powerful Sith. Fear of your fellows and betrayal. Fear of fates far worse than death. My own fate was to be some trophy wife to a Sith Lord my mother wanted to make an alliance with. Likely some living torture sex doll for their fantasies, I imagine." She shrugged indifferently. "The dark feeds off of that fear. Compounds it. They don't know any better than to feel that fear and hope they'll survive. And to fight and die trying. To not die is worse. And don't let me get started on the fear they have of Jedi.

Crusaders just made that worse. The fear of being purged. Of being stripped of the Force that made them special enough not to just get killed."
She reached up, tapping the side of her head. "They're probably better with you, in the long run. But in the short run? You're one of those fates worse than death in their minds. You gotta be willing to show them you're not."

Reencounter

---​

She seemed to be opening up quite a bit. Moreso than last time. Mathieu prepared the ship for launch rather absent mindedly as he continued to listen to Alina. While he didn't know to what extent the woman should be believed, he did know that she certainly had a better idea of the life of a Sith than he did. And what she told him was in line with what he had been lead to believe so far. He grimaced empathetically as she mentioned her own origins. It was not a fate he would wish upon anyone. Sith or not.

With the flick of a switch, the ship started levitating. Being comfortable enough with how she handled, Mathieu would be able to continue talking to Alina without breaking concentration. Although, he did look away from her at times to manage their course. "They shouldn't fear us" he said, clearly unhappy with the revelation. Of course, he didn't hold it against Alina on an individual level. Still, it was something which made very little sense in his mind. "I don't want to strip the force off of them. Or kill them." he said, almost as if trying to convince her of it.

"Status?" the voice of an older man could be heard over the comms. His tone clear and to the point.

Mathieu looked to Alina apologetically "Sorry. He must've seen my ship take off. I was supposed to contact him." Mathieu hesitated for a few moments before turning away from her to reply "This is Mathieu. Admiral, I lost two of them, but Alina turned herself in. We're heading up to you now." Mathieu turned to the Sith with an awkward smile. It was now rather obvious that he had told Chaussidier Chaussidier about her.

A brief pause ensued "Understood. Chaussidier out."

The large Morellian turned his chair to face his captive. Safe that the autopilot would do most of the work from now on. "I don't see much of a choice here" he said, obviously not all too enthusiastic about it. "If I just start letting Sith go, I might be the cause that a farm got raided, or a speeder got hijacked, or worse. But if I capture them, then we can work to make them better. Or at the very least keep them from doing harm onto others." he sighed "How else would I do it?"

Alina_divider.png.png

"To be fair you coulda just lied about somethin' else instead of saying I was on your ship." She chuckled a little, winking to Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion . Not that she wanted him to lie on her behalf, she was just being cheeky. Again her eyes closed as she let herself relax a bit more. Getting way too comfortable for the situation she was in. What was she supposed to do, though? The Jedi was likely gonna bring her in for a trial, or jail time, something. Better to relax while she could.

Though part of her figured Quinn would find a reason or another to get Alina out and free again.

Oh, wait. He was talking about the acolytes. Right.

"There's the issue, yeah. Letting them run free is letting them hurt someone, probably. Scared children with too much power, power that can kill, is the worst scenario for anyone to deal with. Just, it's easier to win their trust if they're not.." She lifted up her bound hands, letting the handcuffs speak for her.

"Just gotta find the happy medium, y'know? Somewhere between binding them up and letting them run free to hurt others."

Reencounter

---​

Mathieu looked a little confused as she mentioned lying about something else. Whatever it was that he was lying about in the first place was unclear but Alina didn't seem to speak with any malice. He offered her a soft smile and shrug before throwing a glance to the viewport, just to be sure that everything was in order.

They seemed to be in some kind of agreement. At least she didn't object to his stance that the Acolytes couldn't be allowed to do harm to others. And he agreed that a good case could be made for softer approaches. "A happy medium sounds like an utopia" The Jedi resumed control of the ship as it approached Chaussidier's vessel which dwarfed the personal craft in comparison.

"So" he said, looking out the viewport as he finetuned their course towards the hangar. "Let's use that situation on Rhen Var. What would you have had me do differently? They got away now" Mathieu paused to give her a nod - it was thanks to her that they still had their freedom, after all. "The one with the leather plates might be dangerous to civilians. I'm not so sure if it was the right call to let them go. I didn't have much of a choice, but you certainly did."

Alina_divider.png.png

"They've been in chains their whole life. Unable to make their own choices, their own beliefs." Once again Alina raised her bound hands to Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion , giving the Jedi a sad, tired sort of smile. "I just want to help them choose freedom, not make the choice for them. It might be wrong, it might put people in danger, but it's not their fault." That was the core of it. Freedom. How ironic that the Sith preached breaking chains to truly be free, but constantly enslaving the acolytes.

Part of the trial, perhaps. But a horrible fate for most.

"If it's alright, I'd like to sleep. Who knows when I'll be able to without being behind bars again. Is.. That alright?"

Reencounter

---​

Listening to her, looking at her, reaching out for her through the force - it was difficult not to feel sympathy for her. But even when feeling sympathy for her, Mathieu still believed that she was wrong. Her ways were too lax. They offered greater freedom than the interest of the safety of civilians could allow for. She was too trusting of them. Blinded by seeing them as children, only - while seemingly missing their most dangerous aspects.

Suddenly, a wave of shame washed over the young Morellian. His head tilted down and his eyes met his shoes. For all out of nowhere, he realised that the woman was being more merciful and benevolent than him. While he never had any illusions of sainthood, it was still a rather disturbing thought. The person whom he had seen as an evil being capable of resurrecting the dead in order to win her the battle was not the person he thought would bring him this insight. At least not by leading and being a better example.

His lips moved as he tried to form words. But nothing. His dark blue eyes then shot up to meet hers. There was conflict and confusion in him. A loss as to where he stood or what there was to say. Was this another trick? A ruse? But then, he sensed no deception - despite having been on alert for it. Mathieu let out a sigh, allowing his wide shoulders to drop and chest to fall. "You have given me much to think about"

Her request was met with a nod. With a hand by her back and the other pointing down a corridor, Mathieu spoke "This way. I will try to make sure that you can rest undisturbed."

End

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom