Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reduce, Reuse, Renew

Sorenn-Syrush Industries
Attahox Vehicle Manufacturing Facility
Smoke bellowed up around the spire, much of it still under construction as the woman stood silently, her arms behind her, hands clasped as her golden hues fell upon the plant being cobbled together below. Machinery was pulled in and entire sections of scrap metal and other debris and rubbish was pulled from where it had lain upon the surface of the planet. Much of what was gathered was being broken down, or otherwise renewed for later use by massive construction droids that moved about the area.
Attahox was a choice planet, and much like Raxus Prime in the Outer Rim, it was a world filled with what many called trash. However there was just as much treasure in that trash as there was in any unmined vein of ore on some far flung resource rich planet. Keeping her attention forward to the machinations and working of those below, she looked back over her shoulder, hearing the door hissing open as she spun around on her hind foot.
Keeping her hands clasped behind her back, she moved forward, a gust of wind bellowing out her heavy cloak as she offered a small smile to the individual before her. Her golden hues moving over the features of the male as she motioned towards the partially constructed office waiting in the wings.
"I do apologize for the state of the facility. Work is progress as rapidly as possible to ensure that this manufacturing planet opens on time and is able to churn out vehicles."
There still wasn't much, though at least the office had an air scrubber and filter to ensure that the mixture was much more pleasant than what she had just been standing in outside. Pulling open a small cooler, she placed down to glasses as well as a bottle of scotch before producing a decanter of a more sanguine red liquid.
"I understand that we can help one another."
[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Macharius Solaire

M
Macharius stepped inside the office of [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] with the thudding march of his DSA Infantry Armor MK-1's boots. He often didn't travel in armor. He wasn't in the military anymore, technically. It was suited to aid against the dirty atmosphere of Attahox. One wouldn't want to be running around completely exposed here. His host apologized for the state of things but he wasn't bothered when there was business to be conducted. Macharius in the mean time closed the distance and removed his helmet. Worn, weathered and grey were his features. He wasn't really that old despite even himself self referring as an old man.

"There is no need to apologize. It is what it is if you say so."

Mach set his helmet down on the desk before the bottle of scotch. Tempting as a drink was, and not that he'd refuse. Business wasn't a pleasure, it was business. And he wouldn't have himself get distracted from it. "Indeed we can Countess. Both our corporations are young any vying to break in to their respective markets. Speaking of, how is your shipyard project coming along?" Macharius reached across the table with an open hand. Hoping she'd return the gesture. It was after all respectful to do.

Amelia took her own seat, pulling the helm from her heavy brow and setting it to the side. Nimble fingers wrapped around her glass as she took a sip of the sanguine liquid before setting the glass down. Her golden hues falling upon the glass before him, though understanding his own desire to not drink. Of course her own drink wasn't alcoholic in the least, ensuring that her faculties would be cleared.
Reaching across the table, she shook his hand for a moment before thinking on his question. The shipyards were still under construction, though they were coming along in their own time. Having them located in the Free Worlds Coalition would ensure their productivity, knowing that the Queen would have no reason to seize the assets of House Syrush.
"They're coming along. Slowly at this moment, though I project that the Shipyards at Manwess III will be productive soon enough."
Moving her hand along the side of the desk, she lightly pressed the touch screen that flashed on for a moment. Her nimble fingers moving over the various commands before finding the exact one she was looking for. Flickering for a moment, the image of the production plant currently under construction on Attahox appeared, the blue hued image slowly rotating to show the tower that would over look the various production bays and storage houses.
"We're projecting that the facility here will be capable of reusing much of the surrounding material that we are collecting. Just as the Empire used the gathered material on Raxus Prime to construct Star Destroyers in their time."
She took another sip from her glass before offering a small nod.
"What news of Stahl Arms?"

Macharius Solaire

M
"Doing well enough I guess I can say. I penned an armaments contract with a large government a month and so back. That's been the real drive for us. My major issue is our own shipyard project in the Mechis System. Delays, cost overages, management issues, and those killer robots the Alliance were supposed to have cleared out seem to creep back up. I don't know how but they do." Macharius took a seat before Amelia and slumped rather low. His eyes laid on that bottle of scotch as he voiced his woes.

"I've made changes but it seems to do nothing, or not for long. Restoring the place has been a bloody headache and a pain in my wallet." Macharius let out a long winded sigh. Tapping his forhead in thought along with it before proposing an idea. "Maybe I should ask you to take a look at the project. Seeing it from an outside perspective and with experience from your own project may provide some insight. I'm clearly missing something or overlooking my problems. But that's up to you. I'm steering the conversation to my own company when I'm supposed to be talking about Sorenn-Syrush."

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

Amelia closed her eyes, though she had not fallen asleep, nor was she intending it to be seen as her disinterest, rather she was listening. Every few moments she would nod her understanding at the situation, her fingers wrapping around the glass as she brought it to her lips and took a small sip before setting it back down. Hearing of the problems he was facing, her golden hues shot open when the last words were spoken. Looking back to the image of the planned production facility, a small smirk crossed upon her lips.
"I have a proposal for you."
She said as she leaned forward, her hands clasping together and resting upon the desk before her. Golden hues falling upon her, looking him in the eye and locking her attention upon the older looking male. Though what she was about to suggest was a gamble in her own right.
"Aid Sorenn-Syrush Industries in whatever way you can in completing the Attahox Facility. In turn, I will ensure that Stahl Arms receives the aid that you need. SSI produces a droid that we've marked at the SSI SR-SC, its name is rather long and complicated for common parlance. With the Attahox facility churning out vehicles, SSI will equip your security forces with these vehicles to aid in protecting your site. We'll also include a handful of the SR-SCs to aid in any debris removal or additional operations as needed".

Macharius Solaire

M
A generous offer. Only it seemed her company could offer Stahl Arms more than it could give back. Unless she wanted arms or armor. Which wasn't much good unless you wanted to equip an army. Macharius pulled himself up to sit straight. If they couldn't provide goods they'd need to provide services. Making vehicles was like making blasters en mass, line work. And designing that to be efficient was important to any facility employing the method. Stahl Arms could certainly bring in their own factory engineers to look over and work with Sorenn-Syrush Industries own. Of course it was up to the Countess to direct the efforts she'd see fit for them to do.

"Agreed then. DSA will help SSI bring this plant to operational status. How can I and my company be of service?"

Lightly tapping her fingers upon the desk, she took the moment to think. She hadn't thought that he would so willingly or quickly accept the proposal and it put her on a bit of an uneven balance. Though she did not lose her composure, nor did she find herself lost for words. Merely she took the time to pick the right ones that would be of the most use in that moment.
"Personnel and expertise, we can work out any other details for payment if needed at a later time. For now any expertise that Stahl Arms might have in the production of vehicles or manufacturing plants in terms of engineers would be useful."
She took up her glass again before taking another sip. The office relatively quiet compared to the noise below the spire that housed them for the moment. The large construction robots tearing up entire sections of older vessels and scrap piles that had been left to linger over the years. Even as they spoke, the facility was coming into its own.

Macharius Solaire

M
Perfect. Amelia seemed to have a read on his mind. For being an extremely fast deal she seemed to stride along with it elegantly. Macharius pleased she'd assist him in turn made to toast their agreement. He snatched up the bottle of scotch in one hand, and with the other tore the seal and cap open. He took a moment to take a whiff of it. Finding nothing off, a drink was poured by himself. Since Amelia already had one, though a little sparse since she'd been attending to it. Macharius only had to fill his own. Setting down the bottle and bringing both himself and the glass to stand he raised it in the air to toast.

"To new found partnership. May our endeavors bring progress and fortune to our companies."

The woman nodded quietly as she stood up, her seat pushed away slightly as her nimble fingers once more grasped her glass. Holding it up, she lightly tapped the rim of her glass to his, though making sure none of her own drink slipped into what he had just poured. Taking another sip, she set the glass down, the sanguine liquid barely moving from the inertia as she turned towards the large glass windows of the office.
Looking out at the otherwise desolate landscape of scrap and junk piles that were haphazardly strewn about, she smirked to herself before looking back to the male in the office. Her golden hues falling upon his again as her attention was then pulled to the desk. The image flashing for a moment as it shown the progress that the construction droids had made in that time.
"It appears that they're ahead of schedule. Vehicle production may begin within the standard week. How quickly can you get your engineers on site?"

Macharius Solaire

M
Macharius tossed his drink down the hatch. Giving no time for it to be savored as it should. A shame she wasted what was surely a fine twelve-year old scotch on him. The old man set the glass down on the desk, hanging onto the rim with a light grip. Not a coaster in sight. He grimaced at the thought of leaving a watermark, more so with her glare upon him. He lost any care once she asked her question.

"I'd guess twenty-four hours. Judging by the length of my trip and adding on time for them to prepare. In the mean time why don't you give me a walk around the facility. I can send a quick report to my engineers of things I find. Else just let me wander around on my own. I wouldn't want to waste valuable time of yours Countess."

The glass came off the table again. It had left no trace where it once sat. Macharius simply held onto it, adding his second hand underneath to fortify his hold, and await the Countess' answer.

The countess nodded silently, taking the last sip of her own beverage before setting the glass down on the table. Carefully she pulled her own helm from where it rest upon the glass, once more placing it upon her heavy brow. Motioning towards the doors, she stepped forward, pushing them open before stepping out. The different in the air rushing at them as the filters from the room would be of no use in the atmosphere of Attahox.
For now the office at the top of the spire was the only thing with power, much of the rest of the structure still skeletal in someway or another. A few of the other offices had be constructed, though they were without power or any of the amenities they would have.
"Follow me if you would be so kind."
She spoke softly before looking back over her shoulder, permitting him the time to place his own helm back into its rightful place. While her kind was capable of withstanding such an atmosphere, she was unsure if his would be able to handle the pollution.

Macharius Solaire

M
"Right then, right behind you." Scooping up his helmet with a freed hand from the glass. Mach sat it snugly on his head, reaching down only half way as the padding kept it there. A quick bop to the crown sent it down in place. The HUD system came to life as it did. An automatic start up to save time while a soldier readied himself for whatever duty they were doing. The reddyorange photoreceptors came round to stare at the Countess accompanied by a hiss of air as the filtration system sealed off.

"Lead the way."

Heavy footfalls rang out upon the durasteel flooring of the construct, though they were only temporary for the moment until the building was completed. With the male following, she stepped into the lift, her finger pressing firmly to the button before she leaned against the wall. With a soft hiss the doors closed, the light in the lift flickering for a moment before it pulled up then slipped down.
In only a few moments they would find themselves at the ground floor, the doors hissing open as she stepped out into the large open lobby. A soft smirk crossed her lips as her mind envisioned just how it would look once construction was completed. Motioning, she stepped towards the side, slipping around the lift and towards the heavy doors in the back of the facility. Standing to one side, she pulled the lever before turning her attention back towards her guest.
"I welcome you to the Vehicle Production Facility of Sorenn-Syrush Industries..."
The heavy blast doors screeched open, revealing the massive construction bays and production lines of the facility. A small smirk crossing her lips as she stepped through the doors, standing quietly as her golden hues moved over the various droids at work, though with the aid of his engineers, it would be completed much quicker.

Macharius Solaire

M
Macharius tailed with his own heavy footfalls. He took in a quick view of the factory floor while his hostess welcomed him to the production area proper. It looked a lot like a repulsorlift car factory. Well in a way anyways. An assembly line configuration was usually the most efficient means to construct vehicles. Though it only worked so far as you scaled up the size of what you were building. "Tell me Countess. Will the whole factory be fully automated, or automated as much as possible by machines and droids?" The old man placed his left thumb inside his belt while waiting for an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom