Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redeeming what was once lost.

I stood at the doors rubbing my pale white arms for a reason unknown to me. I was a Fire shaper, and as I was very resistant to cold and heat. my body seemed to melt some of the snow around me as my body gave off a heat that would make normal humans burn up from the inside. I stood there sticking out like a sore thumb in my cut off black, leather jacket and slim pants. My boots were soaked through with water as I had to trudge in the snow to get here. I wore a scarf to protect my face from the storm outside. The bright red stood out much more than my black. That was if you could see me in the middle of the snow storm.

Ilum The snow planet was just taken over by the Jedi not to long ago. And it was one of the closest planets to the Fringe. I came here for a reason, once more, unknown to me. I had to get away. The fringe was slowly closing around my neck like a serpent that could constrict around my body. Everytime that I exhaled it closed in on me. Allowing me to only breath less air, for every breath after. The Temple that stood before me was made thousands of years ago. The only reason that I knew this was from having a job with the Shapers on looking for information, but now as I was alone in this harsh place. I felt even more so alone. This Galaxy was not filled with people like my own. Where they would have tattooes or piercings to represent themselves. I had some from when I was a boy of 13. Living a harsh life in the slums of Courscant can do that to a boy of only 9.

Now I had grown years from then. I lived on Courscant as a loner, barely making ends meet, with the job that I had at the time. Soon after, I had left home only to come back and treated like an outcast. Among my own people! With the people that knew my parents before their death. Now after I had left them for the Lords of the Fringe, I had become what I hated once more. It seemed as though it were long ago that I had taken lessons from Daxton Bane in sword play. Once I realized that he was only using me, I had left. I never really got my training done. And now I am trying to look for the right person this time. Maybe there were a few Jedi here that could teach me how to properly use a blade and lightsaber.

I remember how I had gotten my first lightsaber when I was a Sith. I had taken a Yellow blade from a training droid and used it against a Red Twi'lik. Now that she was a master with the Lords of the Fringe, I rather hated the faction. We were taking in some Sith, and to behold the leader once was the Sith Empress. Now I wanted to move away from them. I knew that I was a good person at heart, only that I was told in the past that I once was. I knew that I had feelings. I had cried over my parents death. I had cried over my crushes death. Only now do I realize, I am not who I really am.

I want to straighten up my life. I want to be a good person. Every time that I look closer at myself it gets harder and harder to see, if there is any good left in me. I just want to be a good man. I want to be faithful when I know I am not.

Taking a step forwards in the snow, I adjusted my scarf around my head as I thought about my future, and what may come. The temple inside was spacious and vast beyond even Emperor Haru's palace at Kro Var. I looked up as I spun in a circle to try and take everything in to my ever so blue eyes. Coming to a stop. I looked up to a set of stairs that would lead somewhere that I did not know. Seeing as I was not turning back, I took the first of a thousand steps forwards.
@[member="Asha Seren"]

Ilum. Asha hadn't visited this specific planet since she aided the Republic Jedi in restoring it to its former glory, which involved a gigantic crystal monster they had to fight. The memories of such were still deeply embedded in her mind, it had been one crazy fight, to say the least, and they were lucky to have escaped with their lives. But now she was back, and no longer with the Jedi. It may have been their planet, but Asha no longer worked within the government or political aspects of the Galaxy ~ to her it was one place, not divided, and everyone deserved her attention, her assistance, no matter which dictatorial government they belonged to.

But that wasn't why she was here.

Asha had a keen interest in the history of the Order, her beliefs more akin to the pre-Republic era Jedi, those who had just broken away from the Je'daii. As such, any ancient temples lured her in, ensnared her attention. Especially one crawling with new-knowledge for her to learn. She had no idea what secrets the ruins on Ilum held, but she was going to find out all the same.

Ascending the steps earlier that day, the Knight had been in awe at the run-down structure, ruinous as it was it held a mystery, it was inviting, and Asha was willing to humour its seductive state. The doors had been broken, so it didn't take much for her to ease them open a few more inches in order to slip inside. It was somehow colder on the inside than Ilum was on the outside, but the Knight was already immersed deep within Tapas, keeping her body at the perfect temperature, neither hot nor cold.

Inside there were even more stairs, winding their way up through the interior.

It took her all of thirty minutes to reach the top, where a room lay. It was vast, and contained shelves which were mostly empty... Except for the occasional datapad. She tried the first few, which did not work, but she had energy crystals which would power them up. Collecting them all the Knight made her way to the centre of the room, lit one of the old taper candles which lingered around the room, and settled down to read.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

The steps up were slick from the cold ice that may have frozen over the thousands of years after the first built stone. The crystals that hung from the ceiling and the walls, looked as though they had grown from the very spot they were. I unwraveled the red scarf from my face. A cloud of warm mist rose from my mouth and nose for every breath that I took. I could feel the force travel in the bones as this was a Nexus of the force. I felt myself strengthened and hightened. For once in my life. I felt happy. I thought that it was strange. The feeling of being happy. It was forgien unto me.

However, this feeling became stronger for every step that to took up the stairs. They wound up to what may have been a place for study, or the hall where a council may have taken place. That I did not know, but I knew that it may have some importance then, and now. Slowly I felt a spark in the force as someone else was here. I knew that my soul was dark, only that I hoped, that it was not as dark as a Sith. Taking the steps up to the very top I found a room, where the source of force came from. The door was slightly ajar and was easily opened with a push of my hand.

The door opened silently as though it had been used many times before mine own coming. A woman with black hair sat with her back to me. She may have been reading or meditating. Ether way I could not see what was infront of her. Lookng around I could see a few Datapads that were older than Haru, yet younger than I. Each one had to be powered up by an energy crystal as a few of them had a slot where you could place the natural battery. Sudddenly the door hit the wall on the far side as the door kept opening from its own accord. The bump seemed to echo in the room like thunder on a silent night.

I took a step forwards as my presence was very obivous now. Speaking in a silent voice, in which to possibly not scare the woman, "I see that I am not the only one to come for studying."
@[member="Asha Seren"]

The specific datapad Asha had first activated told the story of the Crystal Caves on Ilum, most likely it had been left due to a lack of necessity - after all, the crystals themselves were well known, the most commonly known in the Jedi - but more so than this, hidden deep within it's bowels, was an in-depth description of all the known Lightsaber Crystals, both primary and focusing, at the time of the datapad's creation. It had been about an hour into her reading before she felt a presence nearby, dark but not as deeply-fallen as many, as most who did not tread the light. Which meant there was hope for however it was... And Asha liked hope.

Still she remained in place, unsure on whether the figure was passing through or planning on staying, mayhaps they had been as infatuated by the ruins as she had. If that were so, then the likelihood of her meeting them was already high, and there was no need for her to seek them out. The room had warmed somewhat thanks to her body heat, plus the numerous candles which had been lit.

"Dantari Crystals, formally known as Dantooine Crystals, are found in the deep caves of Dantooine. The native Kinrath are known to lay their eggs around these formations, and are extremely territorial where their hatching grounds are concerned. Proceed with extreme caution. These crystals come in a variety of colours, ranging from the traditional Blue, Green and Yellow of the Jedi, and even the Red of the Sith, through to more abstract colours such as Orange, Purple and Turquoise. They have a unique property whereby they store and release Force energy at the necessity of their users, allowing one to last longer in Force-orientated combat, or other situations where large usage is required. Dantooine has been overlooked as a main-harvesting ground for Lightsaber Crystals, however, owing to how infrequent their caves are, and the issue of the natives."

One of Asha's very first crystals was a Dantari Crystal, gifted to her many moons ago. She hadn't made the right connection to it, and thus it had been rendered useless to her, but all the same it had been a wonder to marvel at for the then-eleven-year-old. Since then she had found even more odd crystals, including those which presently powered her lightsabers, the Barab Ore which allowed a pure beam, often seen to be white, but naturally clear, the Kasha Crystal which was orange in colour and increased ones focus and meditation, and the highly sought after Stygium Crystal, which could render one invisible in both sight and sense.

Deeming this more important than those before her had, the Knight added the datapad to the pile unofficially marked save which had grown considerably in number since she had first sat down several hours prior.

And then she heard a large bang as the door hit the back wall. Lifting her head from the pile she turned slightly and faced a young man. Drawing closer the next datapad, while removing the crystal which was powering that on Lightsaber Crystals, she spoke aloud, fixing up the power crystal to the new datapad. "Greetings, traveller. Come inside and warm yourself, I have a little to eat and drink should you need it." Despite her young appearance she spoke with an air of wisdom, as though she had been travelling for years and had experienced much. With a hand she waved the young man inside.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

@[member="Asha Seren"]
I smiled as this woman looked younger than I. Her face was soft. Though, her eyes pierced my very soul in the very small contact that we made. She welcomed me in with refreshments that I may want. However, it was a want. not a need. I could tell that she was a book worm. More likely to be found reading a Datapad or searching for some lost item than fighting. The aura around her suggested otherwise. Taking steps forwards my foot falls sounded like thunder as they hit the decorative floor. My boots were covered in melting snow to reveal small plates of armor that were around my shin and the top and back of my foot.

I felt cumbersome and ready for war, yet there was not to be one. I went to stand about a meter from her and bowed my head and at the hips. I didnt know if there was some other way to great her, but still I choose something neutral. "I am Morna, and I have come to seek enlightenment of my heart." I was not going to lie. If I were then We may start off on the wrong foot. And yet it would also explain why I may have felt so dark in the force. I remembered back to my old studies with the sith on taking inventory of your foe. Old habits die hard.

I noticed that she wore lightsabers on her hip. She was rather smaller than me, but that was never a disadvantage. Size does not matter. I calculated the seconds it would take for a battle to start between us and who my win. But I did not know of her strength. She may be very well trained in Saber combat. My down fall. or trained in the force. Easy for me to possibly overcome. I closed my eyes to clear my mind of such thoughts. If I was to make myself a better person, I need to stop myself from sizing them up. Looking at her once again I spoke, ​"Would someone here be willing to help me in my endeavor?"

"Morna" she said, lifting her gaze to inspect the young man fully. "Take a seat." Gesturing to the ground before herself the Knight tried to make him feel welcome, and even began to remove some of her rations from her backpack, alongside a flask of juice. All of this she settled before him, away from the precious datapads, of course. She could sense the conflict within him, the darkness oppressing the light, and she knew he required assistance before he even spoke. And naturally Asha would do everything in her power to aid him on his quest to redemption, which she believed was why he had come here in the first place. The Force works in funny ways she mentally thought as she waited for him to sit.

His calculating gaze meant only one thing to Asha, she was being sized up, but she did not care. She had no doubts in her ability to remain alive should this one decide to attack. It was often the response of one who felt they had to change, it made them feel trapped, and had them subconsciously lash out, whether they meant to or not. Yet she did not show any outward caution, she never did. Instead she smiled. "You come seeking the light. Why else would you have stumbled across an ancient Jedi Temple in the middle of a blizzard? Perhaps the Force placed us both here with such a purpose, or perhaps not. It depends on how you view the Force and the way it works." It was clear from just this alone that Asha would not be attempting to force her own ideologies down his throat.

"I am not a Jedi, but I follow their true ideals. I am able and willing to assist you, Morna, provided you are willing to learn, to give up any sense of stubborn pride you might have, such things will only hold you back." Waving a hand in the direction of the old datapads, she added, "You cannot find your answers in tomes, if that is what you hoped for. It will require a lot of introspection, you must be willing to undergo this, you should not be working on a whim. Do you understand?" Suddenly, as almost an afterthought, she said; "Oh, and I am Asha."

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I smiled and nodded my head as she offered me the rations. However, I was not hungry. In the past I have noticed that I preformed best when I was not on a full stomach or an empty one. Still I took a cup and poured my self some of the fruity smelling liquid from the flask. The colored liquid tasted sweet and tangy as it went down my throat. It left a tinge wanting me to drink more. Setting the cup down next to my left knee, I listened to the woman as she talked of not being a Jedi, but that she would help me. If she was not a Jedi, then what ideals did she have? I was very interested in what I might learn as she was speaking of knowledge that was well beyond her years. I nodded my head to her as she was telling me if I was willing to learn from her. I only spoke when she had finished speaking to me.

"Yes, Asha, I am willing to learn. If I am to learn I must learn from experience. A man can be told that fire will burn him, but he will only understands if he is burned. Therefore, I am the man who sticks his hands into the fire."
@[member="Asha Seren"]

She raised a brow to the analogy he chose to draw upon. "One need not burn his entire hand to know that fire will burn him" she said, with a small smile, watching as he tasted some of the juice and deemed it suitable for him. "But I understand what you mean ~ to learn through experience, as opposed to theory. Although both are necessary." Tilting her head ever so slightly to the left the young Knight settled the datapad to the side, and glanced the boy up and down. "Tell me, Morna, what has happened to bring you to this very spot in your life? Where and what were you three years ago, and where do you hope to be in three years time? The first step is understanding, knowing where you went wrong, as this gives an indication of how to fix it."

With a gesture of her hand she encouraged him to be open, there would be no judgements made here within these halls, such was not Asha's way. Reaching out she took up a ration bar but settled it to her knee. She would not eat until there was a correct moment to do so, to do otherwise would be rude.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

Nodding my head as she motioned me to speak about my life. The past three years? That was almost the time when I first left from Corscant. I guess I might as well start there then. I sat the cup down infront of me and straightened my self. Taking a deep breath I started the first day.

"About three years ago, I lived on Courscant working at a bar. I knew that I had Shaping powers. I am a Shaper of Kro Var, but I had ran away at the age of 9 away from my responsibilities. I had just bought a ship to fly back home to Kro Var as I matured, and realized that I needed to take action for myself. I needed to deal with what I had done. When I was a Kro Var, I trained day in and day out. I was one of the best Fire shapers there. But I was lacking in sword play. I had a Sith sword that was given to me by a residing leader, So I had very poor training. I set out to find a teacher and when I did, When I thought I had found the right teacher, I learned that he was a Sith. I left him halfway through my training as I didnt want to become one of them. Even though I was being trained as one under the table."

Picking up the drink I took a sip to clear my throat. Looking up I watched as Asha as she looked at me. I sat the cup down and started again.

"After leaving the Sith, I helped make a Pact with the Shapers of Kro Var and Omega Pyre. I was the ambassador for about a year, when I left once again. I joined the Lords of the Fringe and have been there since. Each day fighting myself, and becoming darker as the leader for the lords of the fringe is a former Sith Empress, and most of the Lords of the Fringe are Sith. Now I am searching for revelation in myself."
@[member="Asha Seren"]

Slowly nodding her head she got straight to the heart of the problem; "You had no choice, that is the issue here - you sought assistance only to have your trust destroyed by one who told you falsities. Had you not found out, perhaps you would not even consider redemption now, and on the contrary, had you found someone who was able to help then perhaps redemption would not be necessary..." Trailing off, she gently nodded her head, although not for the sake of Morna - no, this was for herself. She was collecting her thoughts, raising a hand up to rub at her chin with a tender sigh. "Do you think that learning what you sought from someone you trusted would benefit you?" Quickly she added; "That is, the swordsplay you had initially sought to learn? If so, it would be a good place to start."

Rising from the floor it became obvious just how tall the woman was, standing at 6'2 which was somewhat average for an Epicanthix female, but extremely tall for a human of the same age. "If it will help then I can help redeem you through training, it will make you less dependant on others when we are done here." This, of course, was entirely up to Morna. Asha could do nothing to sway his decision.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I listened intently to the woman. She was trying to help me, and right now. I would take all the help I could get. Yes I have worked for the Sith in the past, but now I wanted to be better than them. I wanted to know what the truth of the world was. If I was to fight for my family, myself, and others I would need to be clear headed. And so, one of the few people that were known to be clear headed, were Jedi. Though, this woman, Asha, was not a Jedi. She was different. She had the knowledge of one, the heart of one, but was not ONE of them. It confused me slightly as I pondered.

Are there other people like her? other people that are nether Jedi or Sith? If so where were they? and most importantly, how are they different? I heard Asha speak again, Saying that maybe If I learned from someone that I trusted that I could be redeemed? I had tried to do this alone, yet I had gone almost nowhere. Standing up to see that she was just ever so slightly taller than me, I nodded my head. "It is worth a shot. yes, if you could teach me it would be most greatfull."

As I spoke I could feel weight lift off of my shoulders. Almost as though I could breath easier. I took a deep breath and before she would even ask I spoke again. "I don't have any formal training. The best I got was some Shien, and Niman. Other than that, All I have to offer is organized swinging of a blade."I was not the best at sword play. If I were to rank myself, I would say low average range. maybe even the lower end. Ether way, I knew that I could hold myself as I had fought a few masters, and knights during my time. Each time I survived with scratches. But as people were seemingly becoming stronger everyday, I needed to get better myself.
@[member="Asha Seren"]

@[member="Morna Imura"]

"You do not need to offer anything, except for willingness." With that she stepped back from him and brushed down her robes, tilting her head a little to the left. After studying him for some time she finally relented and smiled, before gesturing him to follow. "This is not the place for such; with me." And with that she set off through what remained of a once impressive Temple, down through the stairwell she trod until the cold once again enveloped her. But Asha barely felt it. Instead she pressed on, unwilling to let the temperature get to her.

When she neared a large antechamber she finally slowed to a halt. Inside was a slight step down into a ruined training room, yet the ceiling still remained and there was enough room to begin the practise. "It is better to begin right away than it is to linger in thought. Niman, you mentioned... That is my own form, we can begin there." Stepping furthermore into the room she swept across the floor and gently turned to face him once in position. "Tell me, Morna, what do you know of this form already?" It was a typical question for the Knight, it was always best to know where you stood before you begun...

Asha continued to speak saying that I did not need to offer anything in return. Except for my want of learning. As soon as the words left her mouth, she stood up and wanting me to follow her to a different place. As such, this was a library of sorts. Each datapad that was here, was a testament of some lesson that needed to be taught, not destroyed by a lightsaber swipe. I stood up while finishing off the drink that sloshed around in the cup. I then leaned down to set the cup aside as she began to leave with a few words.

I followed her down the steps of the old temple. Once a place of grandeur and magnificence, now a remnant of its glory. Did I trudge down the steps a few feet behind Asha. The cold air was apparent, as every breath that I took, became a warm mist in the air. Dissipating into nothing after a very short time. We came to a chamber where once it had been used for others like myself. Force users lusting after knowledge for ether themselves, or others. Taking a few more steps did we come to a training room where the use of sabers, and the force were apparent. Even after thousands of years, the once past battles lingered here like ghosts that have not been given their last wish. Once more she spoke.

She as well knew some Niman, however I knew that she would know far more than I would. The best that I had would be a few blocking stances, and neutral stances with a lightsaber. Attack forms were taught to me as a random movement of strength. I bowed my head for a second in thought, then rose to make eye contact with her. "I know deference as simple blocks with a saber, and counters. Full on attacks I am not versed in. I left before I was taught that."
@[member="Fiera Eldaska"]

Having fully turned to face him she inspected him for a moment, before nodding her head. "Niman is the sixth form, it's focused on balance as well as Force-aided combat. How is your telekinesis?" It was an off-handed question, which allowed her to continue as she had begun. "It brings together an accompaniment of all prior forms, but as such you gain neither of the advantages in any serious manner - because you do not have the time to dedicate to being overly agile and acrobatic, or defensive, or strong, when learning it. That is, unless you dedicate all your time to studying and learning it, but even so you would have to seek out a tutor in each before hand. As such we will begin with the basics."

Slipping a lightsaber down from her sleeve she span it into ignition and adjusted the intensity so that it was set to the level of a training blade, just as a precaution. "As a warm up we will go through a little Shii-Cho. If you do not yet know this then we will focus upon it for the first half of the session. No lightsaber wielder should neglect this form, as it sets the foundations. Without it you will not get very far. You will begin on the offensive, I the defensive, and then we will swap after a while, understood?" Waiting for an answer, she then said, "You may only use the six target Zones of Shii-Cho, coupled with the Sun Djem disarmament."

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I smiled as she pulled out the lightsaber from her sleeve. Pulling my own from my belt, I turned the nob near the top as well, But before I could do that, a few sparks flew from my blade and it seemed as though my blade were made of condensed lava, rather than plasma. As I tuned it down it didnt drop any thing else and would be much like a training saber. It was from there that I listened to the woman. A question was sent my way, Getting information about how well I was. looking up at her as I let the orange and red blade hang by my side. "I have been training almost all my life in the force. However, It may be a force that not very many know." I kind of left it at that as soon she would see how I was different.

I listened intently as we would begin from the beginning. That was fine with me. If a refresher would help me then I would take it. Niman was a form that used a mix of all of the other forms. Mainly it was just the basics of the other combat styles put into one form. Which was how I was. I didnt really have that much training with majorly offensive forms. I was not one to rush up and strike a man with brute force. I was rather skinny to do that. I was more of a man who would get halfway there and then take you down with a combo of the force and blades. I nodded my head at her describing that I would be on the offensive and her on the defensive. "Got ya, Arms, legs, head and back." I voiced it out loud to remind myself that these where I was supposed to hit, or at least try to hit.

I took the Shii-Cho stance of my saber at a 45 degree angle and my feet shoulder length apart. Once there I looked up to her for a second to see if she was also ready. I could see that we stood a good meter or so apart. A step and a saber length away, and I took it. Taking a very fast two steps with a swing to her left arm followed by her right leg.
@[member="Fiera Eldaska"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom