Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Red Sands

370d9lz.png

In a way, Malagarr was similar to Korriban. Warmer, though. Not as seated in the corruption of the Sith that left most feeling cold. A mark of the Force's disdain for them being who they were. She hated that, how the Force could hate them for using one side over the other. But here that didn't matter. Alina stood amongst the sands, her faintly glowing eyes scanning the horizon. She wasn't a member of the High Sith, not directly. Curiosity and the always scheming nature of any Sith had her here. Looking for allies. Looking for threats. Her own plans and her own ambitions, they were part of a longer con. If the High Sith helped that in the long run, she would lend them her aid.

On the inverse, if they hindered, she would see them crushed. Such was the way of the Sith.

She paused her thoughts. Movement caught her ears. Movement, but no heartbeat. Unable to feel the Force, it could mean one of two things. A droid, or a Sith beyond the shell of life. Like her. She turned her gaze, scanning her surroundings as she waited for whatever it was she heard to arrive.

S0-T0 S0-T0

Soto hadn't been awake for very long. He had only recently awoken from a powerful slumber, one which lasted thousands of years. Malagarr was not somewhere he considered to be home. The sith he had met so far were different... But at least he knew the order was alive, and unfortunately warring with itself once again. The sith lord knew in his mind that the dark side was far stronger, but they would never manage to destroy the jedi if they were busy destoying eachother...

Since his encounter with the High Sith, the droid remained on the desert world. He required time to meditate, and plan his next action. Onlookers who saw him would only see a darkly robbed figure, with a hood covering much of his head. Even though the Holographic disguise matrix was still in effect, changing his head to that of a Tognath's. The droid was still unaware of his appearance change.

On this particular day, he had been scouring the surface of the planet, looking to find any sort of foolish rebel holdouts against Sith rule. He had yet to find much in the way of local opposition, though he would eventually come across a strange figure in the desert.

It appeared to be a woman, darkly dress in a fashion similar to his own. Was this another sith? He would certainly assume so.

"Be not alarmed. The ability to obscure one's life force is something few master..." If this woman was sith, then the droid knew she would not be able to feel his connection to the force. The ability to conceal that was a speciality of his, or so he thought. "I figured the others would be at the capital... Not roaming the wastes like myself."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

".. An interesting trick. Does it work on droids? Sensors? If so, I'll be certain to mention it to some friends who might want to learn." She looked over the figure, studying. Sure enough, she could see no life. Interesting trick indeed. The Vampire turned her eyes away, back towards the desert around them both. "I prefer to go on walks than sit around to discuss possibilities and visions of power."

Not at all her reason for being here, but she wasn't about to explain anything more to a stranger.

"What of you?"

S0-T0 S0-T0

As the woman referred to his abilities as an 'interesting trick' the droid would chuckle, "I'm afraid the power is quite permeant. Not something gained easily, to say the least." Perhaps if he ever managed to get an apprentice, the sith lord would pass on his knowledge. Though for now, he wished to keep his tricks a secret.

The woman would soon explain her reason for traversing the desert, visions of the future. Soto had been programmed with such visions. Power, destruction of the Jedi, the reign of the Sith. They were all worthy goals. Of course, his own goals were revenge, and to help grow the sith.

"Of me?" he would begin. "I decided to search the planet for possible resistance... Help clear my mind... My situation is a complex one I'm afraid." He wouldn't elaborate unless directly asked on the matter, but the droid was telling the truth. In turn, he would ask her, "What visions do you see?"

370d9lz.png

Alina stared blankly at the figure beside her for a moment. Then laughed. Shook her head with the faintest of a grin on her lips. "I don't see any visions. Not my power, as it turns out. Asides, I'm here to avoid those who do. Sitting around isn't my thing." Her gaze turned back to the vast empty sands. Was this what it was like, all those eons ago, for the first who would become Sith? To see a world so empty, so ready to be shaped?

An interesting thought. Not that she had any intention of shaping anything here.

"You said resistance. Is there a lot of resistance here? My knowledge of the locals is.. Very low."

S0-T0 S0-T0

Soto would give the woman a nod as she explained that visions were not her specialty. He had heard some could see the future within the Sith, and ability that he envied. To see the Sith's future, and then shape it. Such power would provide multitudinous boons to their kind. A quest for another time perhaps. "Actions do speak louder than words. I can respect that." he would remark.

She would then question if there was much resistance against the sith on the world. Soto had come across a few brave farm boys earlier, but aside from those fools it was mostly quiet. "There are not many locals. The ones who are here live in scattered settlements. Those who would resist us are few in number, and technologically inferior." After he explained this, the hooded droid would walk forward, toward Alina's right side. He would then look outward towards the desert.

"Avoiding those who do... Much has changed in the galaxy since I awoke from my slumber. How is it that our kind continue to battle amongst ourselves? Especially with the Jedi still in power..."

370d9lz.png

Technologically inferior? Few in number? Alina let out a huff of air, clearly now just.. Bored. That sounded like a petty slaughter. And that just wasn't something she was into. ".. Differences in beliefs. Everyone wants to be right, even if it means they refuse to change when faced with a better option." The boredom left her face as she straightened up, rolled her shoulders before continuing to walk forward.

"High Sith, Sith Order, New Sith. They're just some of the titles people give themselves to be right over the others. And they'll fight till only one remains. Such is the way of the Sith, after all." She paused, glancing back to the hooded figure.

".. Shall we make sure those here truly pose no threat?"

S0-T0 S0-T0

The sith fighting amongst each other was nothing new, but Soto thought after a few thousand years they might have made some progress. Their order was more divided than ever. He would have to help mend it. The droid could also tell this woman was annoyed by the lack of resistance. Though there was one area which may pose a threat.

"If you wish to join me, then I welcome it. I have yet to visit their largest settlement, but it isn't far from this location. Be on your guard, they are few in number compared to an army, but out number us many times over..." he would the turn around, looking at the large town some distance away. It must be several kilometers distance, but the dark metal of their scrapped together building could still be seen.

The disguised droid would begin walking in the direction of the town, and would explain. "From what I've observed, I believe these locals were settlers who once crash landed here. Much of their architecture consists of broken ship parts..."

370d9lz.png

Crash landed? Alina's interest seemed to be renewed as she peered towards the town in question. She tilted her head, staring over the ruined buildings so far in the distance with ease. Her eyes, like so much of her, were just better than a mortals. In a way, the two were more alike than either knew. "Being outnumbered only makes it farer for them, if they're at least warriors. Farmers and civilians, I'd rather not kill them. Better to make someone worship you than to try and exterminate everything."

Or so she had been taught at one point or another. There was enough merit there for her to accept it. But really she just wanted to have a thrilling fight with.. Anyone. Fighting was just something she loved to do most of all.

"Are you curious how long they've been here? If they're not immediately hostile, perhaps we could talk with them."

S0-T0 S0-T0

As they walked, the droid sith couldn't help but agree with Alina's assertion. "A more fair fight indeed. Though you are correct. If we can convince them with words, we could assure a more permeant end to hostilities. Besides, the High Sith may want to recruit from the local populace eventually. "

The more they walked the closer they came to the large city. It looked as though the buildings were constructed of scrap metal, and primitive barricades of rusted durasteel surrounded the town. Perhaps it was intended to be a wall, or fence of sorts. The Soto would give the woman a nod, explaining "Yes. I too am curious, but I would assume they have been here for some time. Building a town such as this from starship wreckage... That would take a decent deal of time... We'll see if they're willing to talk."

As the pair drew even closer to the town, a group of rugged-looking men with blaster rifles would begin gather just outside. They wore regular clothing with old pieces of duraplast armor strapped to various parts of their bodies. These were likely the town's guards. Before the pair of Sith could speak a word, an older man would speak up. "We know who you people are. Turn around, and maybe we'll let you both live."

(OOC: Feel free to control any NPC here.)

370d9lz.png

"Perhaps. But then, would that make them a future ally? Or a future enemy?" Alina hummed with her question, her golden eyes narrowing as they approached further. She could feel them. Heartbeats. Quickened. The sound of muffled footsteps all throughout this makeshift town. They weren't hard to see from a distance. Sure enough, hostility was what they were met with. Alina's lips thinned to a frown. Her golden eyes were already looking around. Taking in every single heartbeat here. Every single person with a gun raised to them.

"You know who we are, but still you raise a gun?"

"We're not letting you in here. Get out. Tell the others you came with to bugger off too. Get off our world."

Well, at least they didn't mince words or intentions. Her gaze fell back on the man, narrowed. "And if we don't?"

Blasters, slugthrowers, and what ever other weaponry they could get came to life around them, primed and ready to be shot.

"I see."

S0-T0 S0-T0

Alina had an interesting perspective on this all. Even if they could convince these people with words, would they really be allies? Of course, this wasn't a question he needed to ask for long. The leader of this guard band seemed very keen on killing the both of them. As the group all raised their various weapons, Soto would loudly question "You'd all rather throw away your lives then have a simple conversation? What a pity..."

The leader of the bunch would reaffirm his previous statement, now stating "We're giving you until the count of three!... One... Two..." As the counting began, Soto's vision slowed down. Being a droid had it's perks, as he could process information faster than nearly any organic. Though he could not actually use the force, his brain could act with machine-like precision. This allowed him to quickly develop a plan of attack.

Before the count had ended, a crimson lightsaber would fly from Soto's right hand. It was unguided by the force, but his mind had calculated the exact trajectory to throw the weapon, making it look as though he had thrown it with the force. The weapon would strike true against the leader's torso, cleaving the front of the man open. He would shout in pain "Raaagg...: Before falling to the ground.

As expected, the rest of the men would begin opening fire against the two sith. Meanwhile, Soto would thrust his right arm toward the thrown lightsaber. An invisible tractor beam would pull the blade across the land and back to his hand, just before it hit the ground. Several blaster bolts would head the droid's way, and even though he would raise his lightsaber to block, two shots would land against his chest. The sith didn't so much as grunt as they impacted, the droid's phirk frame was proving to be effective.

Though Soto didn't have access to the force, he could use his advanced processor to "Slow down time" in a way, allowing him to better aim his blocks and attacks. The droid would look toward Alina and suggest, "We should show them the power of the dark side..."

370d9lz.png

In that same moment S0-T0 threw his saber, Alina had taken off in a run. For different reasons all together, she too could process things, reality, at a rate far faster than a human mind could. Not quite to the level of a super computer, but she didn't need that to realize they were going on the assault. And assault she did. A blur to the normal eye she didn't even bother with her lightsaber. Her foot came around, cracking into the neck of the woman just beside the man who'd been speaking. Her head came clear of her body in a grotesque way.

They didn't know what was happening. Some continued to shoot at the Sith Lord that had remained where he stood, unaware of how impervious he was. While the others couldn't keep track of Alina's movements. Her fists shot out like bullets, punching with ease through armor, blaster, and flesh alike. Despite the carnage in her wake, she fought with the refinement of a proper boxer. Shock boxing, at that.

They didn't stand a chance. And she grinned all the while as blood splattered over her pale skin.

S0-T0 S0-T0

While Alina was going on a rampage, Soto was going on an offensive of his own. Thanks to the integrated jumpboots within his legs, the droid would make a large repulsor-assisted leap across the desert. He held the crimson saber above his head with two hands, and would cleave one of the guards in half as he landed.

Another near-by guard would raise a blaster pistol toward the droid, but with his A-Droid Shock Arm the Sith would unleash a powerful arc of lightning. The would-be attacker was electrocuted, and roasted alive over the course of five agonizing seconds. "Heh heh heh..." The droid would chuckle as his lightning fired the poor fool. From behind, the droid would sense two individuals running at him with vibro-blades. Before they could land attacks against him however, Soto would spin around, preforming a perfect Sarlacc Sweep in the process. His blade would cleave open the stomachs of both attackers.

Meanwhile, his gaze would turn back toward Alina, who was doing quite well in her own right. It wouldn't be long before all the guards were dispatched at this rate. "I don't know why I expected more from them..."

370d9lz.png

For all of Alina's speed and ferocity, she didn't have even the most basic of sense in the Force. As S0-T0 looked her way, she paused. A shot had rung out. A bullet, solid, had ripped through her back. The cloth she wore wasn't armor. And yet, she didn't bleed, at least for long. She dropped the body she had been carrying by it's throat to the ground, lifeless like all the others she'd killed. And turned her gaze towards the one who'd shot her.

A teenager. In appearance, the same age as Alina was when she was changed. Even now, covered in blood, she still looked young. No, the blood removed a lot of the poise and elegance she put into her appearance to seem older. Now she looked more like she had all those years ago. Before she was given this strength, this curse. The boy stumbled back as she turned. An open wound on her stomach slowly knit itself back together as she stepped over. Crouched as fear filled his eyes.

And she frowned.

"I don't want to kill all of you. It's a waste. Don't resist. Help us. By helping us, you help yourself. We can grow strong, all of us, together." She held out a blood stained hand, her lips a frown. Her golden eyes akin to that of a predator staring at prey.

"Or die, like so many others will continue to do so."

S0-T0 S0-T0

Soto hadn't realized the woman's odd abilities until a few moments ago. She drank the blood of her enemies, and had the ability to regenerate from her wounds. He had never seen such an organic before, and his databanks had no information on their kind. Regardless, he was impressed, if the new sith were all this powerful then surly the Jedi would be dead soon.

He would watch as what remained of the guard began setting down their weapons. Soto would retract his blade before stating, "Good. You lot are wiser than the fallen." He couldn't exactly tell what the woman was offering the teen, but perhaps she sensed something in the young man. If he was lucky, then maybe he would become one of them. That was unlikely however, in the droid's eyes at least.

He would then begin walking in to town, still gazing out the corner of his photoreceptor toward the woman. From what he could tell, most of the people were hiding in doors. Now this was a proper and healthy fear of sith vengeance. "Town's quiet now... What of the kid there?" He would ask Alina.

370d9lz.png

"Answer the question."

The boy had been quiet, and now stared towards S0-T0 with the same fear he had for Alina. He gulped before tossing down the blaster to the side. The Sangnir's eyes narrowed, just for a moment, before she stood. Nodded her head to motion for him to leave. And leave he did. Anyone who was still out on the street abandoned their weapons and fled. Fighting against the Sith was one thing.

These two were monsters.

".. Not what I was hoping for, but effective. Are there other towns like this?"

S0-T0 S0-T0

Soto was pleased to watched even the most stubborn of their defenders drop his weapon. Sure he was angered by this event, but hate was a powerful emotion. A powerful emotion that creates new Sith. If he had a face, he would surly be smirking at the pair's accomplishments. As the last of the defenders left to their homes, the woman would ask Soto about the other settlements. He had visited a few similar towns, but this one was easily the largest. If a town this size had such a pitiful defense force, he expected much less resistance from the other scattered villages.

"Perhaps, there are other settlements. But as I mentioned before, sources claimed this town was apparently the largest. There will be much less resistance in the few areas that remain. Not much fun I guess you could say."

Their work was essentially done for now, with the largest thorn in their side out of the way. The droid would look back toward the capital city the High Sith were building, and then toward Alina. "An interesting bunch, the High Sith. If they can unite us all against the Jedi, then they will have earned my highest respect..."

370d9lz.png

"Not much fun, or use. I suppose it's a handy planet to gather power on, but not much to gather power from." Her gaze followed his, back to the building. The capital. A spiraling land of black classic for any Sith. In a way, it was a welcome sight. But in another, well. Alina was clearly frowning. And what the droid in disguise said only made the frown worsen.

"If they can. Or if another can. Doesn't matter, so long as the Sith unite against the common foe. Too many stubborn old men thinking their way is the only way, even after it had already failed. Hopefully the High Sith will change that. If not." Alina kicked up the rifle beside her, casually glancing it over. Then crushed it, metal and all between her hands.

"Someone else will."

S0-T0 S0-T0

Alina rose some good points, the sith needed to evolve and stop fighting each other. Otherwise they would soon forget who the real enemies were. It was clear that the Sith needed a strong leader, but Soto knew he could never truly rise to that occasion. He simply wanted to support the winning side, a side who's philosophy was superior.

The High Sith sought to improve their kind on an individual level. No more senseless murders. It was as mystery no one put forth a similar idea sooner. As the woman displayed her displeasure, the droid would respond. "For the sake of us all. I hope you're right."

With business all said and done for the moment, the droid would begin a long walk toward the capital which was still under construction. As he left her, the droid would explain. "I never told you, but my name is Soto. Hopefully we will meet again, perhaps on a battlefield against the light..."

(OOC: If you want to exit here, we can. If you'd prefer to do a bit more though, we can keep going. It's up to you.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom