Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Rising [Jen]

Tatooine. You wouldn't find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Even in the year 2015 that would remain true. But a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there was a planet full of scum, bandits, thieves and just generally all the poodoo you'd expect from a desert planet. Within Mos Eisley, was a cantina known for it's notoriety. In some ways, Josh preferred Mos Espa. Less messy, less trash going about. But it didn't have a cantina, far as he knew. So the Jedi Master would find himself in the Mos Eisley cantina, cloaked under a hood, sitting at a table in the corner of the cantina. He honestly disliked how they watered down the ale... But this was a good place to listen... And garner information.

His force presence was hidden, he wouldn't be recognized, except as that guy in a cloak who showed up once in awhile in the corner... One guy had tried to, out of a drunken flurry, mess with him, but nobody tried again after what happened to him.

[member="Jen"]

The fact itself that Jennfier had dared to travel all the way to Tatooine for a simple business dealing such as this showed not only her dedication to the task ahead, but also her commitment to the product she was about to launch. Preparations were needed before you launched a new drug out onto the market, contacts needed to be established, but really? Tatooine of all places? The heat and glass like sand made the place one of Jennifer’s least liked planets throughout the galaxy. She didn’t mind the hive of scum and villainy that much as she was by now used to such types. As a person belonging to the Red Ravens, she feared very little from them, but still. Tatooine? The whole idea with showing up here was to make sure she and the rest of the ravens had a proper outlet from where streams of the new product (once it actually made its way out to the public) could flow from. She wasn’t sure if it was luck or a misfortunate event that she had arrived a day early, but the fact was that she had and now had to spend a whole day here before she could make the business arrangement and get the hell away from this hole. If there was one thing Jennifer disliked it was warmth in a caliber such as here.

She stood out too, everything from her bright blue hair to her expensive clothing made sure of that. As she fought her way from the spaceport towards the nearest cantina she had already tucked herself well into her fine cashmere scarf. Her mouth covered and nose likewise so while she continuously made sure her round lensed sun glasses sat as tight to her face as humanly (and rynly) possible. It was as if it took forever to find the door to the little place, her hand holding her small leather jacket closed for what was probably the first time ever and her other hand attempting to cover her gold chrono with the scarf all the while holding it to her face in order to not mess up the display too much.

As soon as she stepped into the cantina she sighed deeply, the air was much nicer than outside and considering the conditions outside the stench of beer wasn’t that bad for once, almost refreshing actually. As she walked across the floor towards a nearby table, she turned a few heads from the locals. Probably not because she was of some sort of extraordinary beauty, but rather because of both the clearly expensive getup she was in and also the fact that two DD-S1 units followed closely behind her, both obviously newly painted in a shining red, every corner on their surface seeming to be gold plated. It was a shame really that the dust outside had already covered their beauty up a bit, but it was still something people started to mumble a bit about. Jennifer knew know that she had probably not equipped herself too well, but c’mon, how could she have known she had to stay another whole day?

Taking a seat she went to adjust her fine scarf a bit once more to rest around her shoulders, being lazy enough to not take her round sunglasses off, instead lighting a cigarette as she scanned the room with her eyes, cyan smoke starting to rise from the cigarette. “What would you recommend? Or should I rephrase? What drink is not sh-it here?” She said with her melodious, yet attitude filled voice as she spotted someone seated in the corner relatively close to her, her feet by now already resting ontop of her table while her two guard droids had taken a stance besides her.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]​

The Jedi Master was quite used to Tatooine at this point. It had been one of the places that his family moved to and from during their time as runaways, before they were killed on Coruscant. He had ended up here for an extended period years later when he had amnesia. He had blended in with the crowd and become a Podracer. He wasn't able to use the Force at the time, not remembering how, and he was nearly doomed to starvation before the Republic found him. But he had made friends in the bartender here, who by some miracle had kept from getting himself killed in the years that had followed. So he was comfortable here, in this bar. People didn't bother him anymore. They knew who he was, but the usual patrons knew better then to mess with the former podracing champion, and Jedi Master.

But his drink was interrupted when a woman would walk in, with a get-up that did everything but blend in. It turned heads, caught attention, and most of all, caught ire from some of the patrons. He watched then, as her droids would also enter the cantina, despite the usual no droids allowed rules of the cantina. The Jedi Master would crack his neck and watch carefully as she sat near him, and he would smile faintly, even if the smile was all that could be seen under the hood that covered the top half of his head and face. "The South Coreillian Ale. It's not the tastiest, but if you have a good taste, it doesn't sell well enough for the bartender to bother dumbing down" He would remark toward her, getting a good look at her face. He didn't recognize her, but really, he didn't have to. She had the look of trouble to her.

[member="Jen"]

Despite the pair of round sunglasses sitting upon her nose, a large portion of a tattoo would still be visible behind them, drawn around her right eye, arrows of sorts pointing to it. In addition, despite the fact that she obviously was not more than nineteen (at most?) she still, somehow managed to look tough as a nail, her attitude and laid back behavior made sure of it. At least it seemed that she thought so. Other than this there was only one other really odd trait to her, the fact that she seemed very human, but was in fact only partly. That was at least what the Ryn like tail that hung from her chair indicated.

It was true that she wasn’t a known face to any extend, but should anyone frequent the more shady or criminal gossiping places on the Crypt- or HoloNet one had maybe seen her once or twice in the company of the Red Raven bosses, the criminal syndicate that was swallowing the wild space regions like a hungry galaxy sized lion. Not that her affiliations would matter terribly much out here to the local population, but it sure made those aware able to identify her. Either as a troublemaker or possible contact. An ally even.
Those few would know her as Jen, the nickname she usually went by. She was still sitting leaned back in the chair as Joshua replied to her question, her shoes resting upon the table by her, her round sunglasses still fancily placed upon her nose as she observed him, and the fine scarf of hers still comfortably resting around her neck and shoulders.

A short snorting noise was heard from her in response to his answer, perhaps both as an after effect of being exposed to so much sand outside, or the fact that she had somehow found his response amusing. A slight smile spread upon her lips shortly afterwards to capitalize on this, with this also returning the smile of the stranger. “I’ll take one of those then.” She replied, almost softly, her head turning back towards the bar as she yelled out, her order arriving soon enough despite the somewhat pissed off attitude of the barkeep.

While waiting for the drink to arrive it didn’t seem like this Jen stopped herself from socializing, obviously curious as to what was hiding under the strangers, Joshua's, hood. “Judging from your behavior I would say you frequent this place, yea?” She grinned: “I need to burn some time in this hellhole. This fucking heat, it's killing me. Don't get how ye folks can survive out here. And the connection to the holonet isn’t exactly great out here either. So what… Ermm… Attractions does this place have?”

The tattoo was... Interesting, he had to admit. Not many people went for face tattoos. They were generally considered quite grotesque, a robbery of a person's natural beauty in their skin in favor of an inky blotch that resembled designs. It seemed to resemble some sort of arrows... What they represented, he wasn't completely sure. She had a sense of youthfulness to her, she couldn't be any younger then 19 or 20, he thought to himself curiously. What she was doing on this planet, he couldn't be sure. But something told him she might be involved in crime, by the... Well, he couldn't tell, but something about her aura just spoke it. She could be a cashier at the local Droid Mart as far as he knew, but it was a strange aura to him that conveyed it. Maybe it was just Tatooine? Who knows?

Josh himself wasn't much older then Jen. This was shown as the Jedi Master would lift his hood, letting it fall at the back of his neck as he looked over at her. He had a look of youthfulness, yet experience and wisdom, like he had been forced to grow up far quicker then expected, with a lifetimes worth of experience far more then someone his age should. Brilliant brimming brown eyes stared into those of the young woman, at times taking a moment to examine her more thoroughly, allowing them to graze over each of her features, including the odd tail that hung from the chair that indicated that she wasn't entirely a human, if one at all. Or she was one of those weird cosplayers that liked to wear tails from a piece of a costume in public. He wasn't going to judge. Much.

Below the eyes ran an array of youthful, handsome features that had a history of driving people wild, at least as far as what Josh had seen. It wasn't something he cared about much. He could look like a movie star or a comic book superhero all he liked, it wouldn't matter with a lightsaber in his neck. But it had been a topic of attention at the parties he had attended, primarily for information, but his looks seemed to be an attention seeker, a beacon that Josh sometimes wasn't a fan of. Other times, it was a topic of discussion, generally heard during his attempts to eavesdrop for possible information that was worth his time. Above and below his lips that had formerly been the only thing that Jen could have seen under the hood, was a well-scaped mustache and beard, that moved as he spoke. The young man had long blonde hair, that went down to his back almost on the back-side of his head, with bangs hanging just above his eyes.

The Jedi Master was a regular here, but not many knew him by "The Jedi Master that sat in the corner". He was a friend of the bartenders, and that was usually enough for people to leave him alone if they asked about him. He wasn't shy about his work as a Jedi Master though, and anyone with the courage to come up to him and talk about it would generally be met with an honest answer. Of course, not many tried. As he generally had his hood up, he wasn't bothered too much, but his face would be known for people who did their research. A former Jedi Grandmaster, a part of the Jedi Order for many years up until a year ago when his views and the Jedi Order (Republic)'s had begun to differ.

He didn't recognize Jen, nor know where she was from. Her background was unknown, despite his suspicions from the aura she conveyed before. He smiled faintly as his remarks seemed to amuse her. He didn't regret removing his hood, he knew a name would probably follow anyway, it wasn't like he was shy about disguising himself. There was really no need to regardless. Nobody would bother him anyways if they had a brain in their heads...

As her drink was brought, Joshua would chuckle and take a sip of his own, listening to her plight. "Well, sweetheart, it's Tatooine, what do you expect?" He would tease with a smirk crossing his lips. "I mean, you could go shoot things. Womp Rats, Tusken Raiders, Krayt Dragons... You name it, you can shoot it. Hunters are quite common in these parts, but I'm not sure if that'd be your thing" He would remark. "Then there's regular podraces here every day. Can do some betting, watch... Or even get yourself a machine or a sponsor and get out there and race. The roar of the crowd leaves your ears once the engines begin whirring and you're fighting for your life and a prize in an environment where the other racers won't hesitate to destroy your vehicle and you in it though" He would add. "Still, it's a thrill ride. I used to do my share of it. But that was an old life, one I've left behind" He would explain, smirking again.

"There's of course, dancers, entertainers in these cantinas... Pay them a few credits, get a dance. Or if you're feeling extra frisky, there's a spicy establishment just down the street... I mean, if that's your kind of 'sport', anyway..." He would tease, a small grin crossing his lips. "Then there's the oh-so-fun game of try to find the spot with the Holonet. The best spots are usually in the spaceport. Luckily, the bad connection doesn't seem to be in the ships, so if you want Holonet, just go back into your ship and you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure the connections built in" The blonde would add.

"If you want another game, there's one called Try To Trick The Toydarian. Despite their rude nature, they're quite smart. Even a Jedi can't play mind games with them, is the rumour. But it's entertaining to try if you think you can outsmart one of the shopkeepers here" He would remark with a laugh. "Who knows? You might even come out with a haggle on their products"

"Or you could just wander the desert and wait for someone to offer you a job. Happens quite often. People are desperate. Bounty huntings there too, if you want it"

"I think my favorite game though..." The blonde began, tapping his chin in thought. "Is called Try To Make The Scary Guy With The Helmet Laugh. It's nice to liven things up... If you live through it" He would half-joke with a laugh.

He was quite the friendly sort, it seemed. Witty and jolly. He just hoped she'd have a sense of humor.

[member="Jen"]

As Joshua revealed his features by taking off his hood, Jennifer’s amber eyes, hidden by her round sun glasses, curiously looked over his features. She was obviously surprised by his appearance judging from the way she adjusted herself a bit in her chair to look better towards him. He definitely did stand out when compared to the local crowd. For one he seemed to have proper hygiene, which was a thing that could be considered uncommon around these parts, he even trimmed his beard. The second thing Jennifer seemed to take note of was the fact that he couldn’t be much older than herself. Obviously both the beard and the-… She couldn’t point it out exactly, but something certainly did make him appear older than he probably was. A certain wizened look about him as he spoke and moved. His attitude in general made him appear to be such. It could be said that Jennifer also appeared older than her actual age, but that was at least partly for other reasons. One could suppose that living among thugs and killers would make you need to be independent and thereby grow up faster.

She adjusted her feet that was still calmly crossed on the table in front of her, taking another sip from the terrible drink as she listened to Joshua with a slight smile placed upon her face, a brow raising upon her features as he explained he had once been a pod racer.

“I’ll definitely need to go try out that ‘find the Holonet spot’ at some point, I would bore myself to death otherwise.” She explained casually as he was finished talking, a large smirk seen upon her face. Stretching her arm she let a sleeve from her leather jacket fall a bit so she could get a clearer look on her gold chrono watch, quickly checking the time. “But Pod racing? Really? You? You are Human, aren’t you?” Jennifer asked as she once again turned her attention back towards Joshua, her amber revealed as she took off her sunglasses and placed them in the collar of her tank top, that in turn adjusting the shirt a bit. "I didn't think Humans were capable of such sports. Or have we caught a liar? Eh?"

There certainly was this wipe about this man that she could not quite explain; it was barely there at all, as if she could feel his presence when she closed her eyes, but it was probably utter fabrication of mind so she paid no heed to it. Instead understanding it as other signals.

After a second or two of silence, after he had responded to her question she would dig into a pocket to bring forth a long leather case with the logo of a dragon seen upon it, popping it open with a single finger to reveal it to be stocked with a couple of long cigarettes. Carefully she would pick one and place it in the corner of her mouth, extending the case towards Joshua one with a single shake of the container, smiling cheerfully. “But yea.” She would say as she waited for him to take one “Why are you here? Love the place or what? ”

Joshua noted the surprise that seemed to unfold in the girl's head as she would adjust herself, as if bewildered by the sight of him. It was true, without his hood hiding him, he stuck out like a sore thumb. Luckily, with that podracing background, he was recognized in this area for it, so nobody generally bothered him even if they wanted to. Drunken disorderlies did at times, but it didn't take much to send them packing. He smiled faintly as he allowed Jen a moment to take a look at him, as he had already done his part to examine and make his mental observations on her visage. She was a pretty girl by all means, though obviously not from around here. She herself seemed.... Hardened in some ways, ways he couldn't describe if he tried. But so did he. It was likely an effect of just... Having to grow up too fast. If his crime observation was correct, that would certainly explain it. Hell, being in places like Tatooine long enough would sure as hell do it.

"Your ship would probably be the best one. Unless you want to accidentally step on someones feet as they try to find the same Holonet connection you're looking for" He'd crack with a cheeky grin. "I've seen fights break out over who gets the Holonet spot. It's ugly. I usually just go back to my ship, prop my feet up on the couch and surf the holonet for a little while without a pair of Rodians shoving a blaster up my nose" He'd add, chuckling.

Well, her answer to his podracing past told him she wasn't human. Appeared it, perhaps, but that and the tail confirmed his suspicions. He wondered what she was, then? She sure looked like a human. A funny looking human, admittedly, but still passable as one.

He would decline her offer of a cigar. He didn't smoke, didn't feel the need to and never did. "Well, let's start with the podracing. I ended up with a spat of amnesia a few years ago, and somehow ended up on Tatooine in rags. I needed a job to keep myself from starving, and this Toydarian took me in, seeing potential in me as a podracer. I had the gift, and he made quite a bit of money off me, while I gained renown as a podracing champion. Of course, the downtrodden shape he kept his bikes in since he spent all of the money he earned and hardly gave me a cent of it, caused me to lose more often then I should have after that championship victory. Eventually, his bike, the one I'd been using, was destroyed. He was out of the business. He'd been giving me just enough to eat and letting me sleep in the back room, though sometimes I wasn't given anything at all if business was bad. But once he no longer had use for me, I had to leave. Luckily, I found a new job elsewhere, and money hasn't been an issue since" He explained. "I made a friend in the bartender here, who would feed me when the Toydarian did not. He'd serve me free drinks in exchange for podracing stories. So... In the end, this place has a lot of memories. Once in awhile, I like to come back and relax in a comfortable, familiar environment. I still get free drinks sometimes" He would add with a cheeky grin.

"So, what brings a beautiful young lady such as yourself here?" The blonde haired young man would tease with a playful smile.

[member="Jen"]

“Rodians, yea I could imagine that.” Jennifer would joke with a smirk while Joshua talked, leant back in her chair, listening eagerly, after all it had been some time since she had been in a proper conversations. That was one of the downsides of traveling far across the galaxy. At least in Jennifer’s case as she was not a pilot of a crew ship and had no crew either for that matter. It got lonely out there on the hyper routes all by yourself so when you finally met someone interesting after weeks of traveling you were bound to talk, at the very least just for a bit.

Nevertheless, despite her eagerness her expression did however, change just for a fraction of a second as her offer was declined. A saddened or perhaps offended look could be spotted flashing across her features for a second before she returned to her normal self, an almost invisible shrug seen a second after as Joshua continued to talk, an afterthought: He had probably been forgiven. At least Jennifer was soon paying attention once again, being a good listener as she reacted at the right times, nodding and letting out a little saddened “aw...” when he explained the peril he had been through. She smiled somewhat softly, cheekily in her own way, which Josh could probably guess was usual for her when he was finished talking.

“I like pod racing. Takes Swoop and Speeder races up a notch don’t you think? I've always wanted to see that in action.” Jennifer would reply, the compliment she had been given provoking her to underplay the broad grin that attempted to form on her face. She let out a quiet laugh mixed with a fake cough, turning towards the droid on her far side away from Josh to inspect it for a second. Once she turned back in his general direction she grabbed her drink on the table infront of her with her ryn tail, taking a sip from it, an elbow on the back of her chair as she looked out across the bar for a bit as she talked.

“Well… Not the holonet connection that is for sure. Business I suppose. I’m a mechanic you see, I customize swoops and such. Not that what I’m here for today have a lot to do with that. But you know.” Her smile faltered a bit as she said the last part, as if it reminded her of something. “It’s… Ermm… Related to the company I’m working for.”

Since returning to the galaxy at large, it was rare for Josh to find himself in entertaining or intelligent conversation. Here, he seemed to find himself in both, and a smile would cross his face at the thought. During his travels, alone for the most part, he didn't see much socialization at all, and many people he had met were mentally blind, or just brutes. The galaxy at large these days... Had been brainwashed. It was a shame, really. But here, he found something, someone, who's company he couldn't help but enjoy.

He noted the change in demeanor for a moment when he rejected the cigar. He would give a faint, reassuring smile. It wasn't meant as a rude decline. Josh had never smoked in his life, and found that the prospect of smoking repulsed him. It was a personal choice, and one he would abide by. As a sort of peace offering while he spoke, he would snap his fingers, and Jen would find her cigar had been lit for her, almost as if by magic. Josh's pyrokinetic abilities were at work here, of course. It was his way of making it up to her.

He wouldn't answer her response to his story. He had come to terms with it. Thus why he came around here instead of avoiding it like the plague. He was happy now. That was all that mattered. "Hehe... Maybe I'll teach you how to ride a podrace vehicle, huh?" He would suggest with a chuckle. He didn't mind it, though she might find it more dangerous then she was thinking it would be. Podracing wasn't easy, after all. Josh had his Jedi senses to rely on to help him. It was a boon for him, even if he didn't know he had the Force at the time.

"Oh really?" He would inquire when she mentioned her purpose for being here. "And what company is that?" He would ask, casually sipping his drink.

(Sorry for taking so long. Muse took a nosedive for awhile)

[member="Jen"]

The tobacco came to life, glowing faintly orange from the tip of the Dragon Cæmel cigarette still sitting in the corner of Jennifer’s lips. At first, it was obvious she didn’t notice it, taking the snapping of his fingers as… Well she wasn’t entirely sure, but as she thought about this, looking at him with a raised almost brow she took a silent breath and unprepared inhaled a whiff of smoke, making her convulse somewhat mildly. As she started to cough afterwards she quickly removed to cigarette from her mouth, holding it between two fingers and put a fist on her chest as she recovered from the cough. Once done she looked at it puzzled, as cyan smoke started to float from the tip of it and towards the ceiling.

Her amber eyes changed to look towards Josh with a soft wondering gaze, her eyebrow lifted even further upon her features in a questioning manner. “I just realized I forgot to light it… But by blaster, how did you do that?”

She continued to stare at him for a while before slowly nodding a few times as if trying to convince herself that it was completely normal what had just happened. She glanced towards the cigarette before she took a quick drag, letting out another cyan cloud, this time without coughing as she replied to his question, slowly leaning a bit back in her chair once again. “Would be… What do you say nowadays? Interesting to say the least. I’ve experience with Speeders as I said. It isn’t that different from that. I guess.”

As he took a sip from his drink and asked about the company she was working for she coughed again as if trying to get some time to think as she glanced towards the bar for a moment or two as if searching for something or someone. Afterwards she would turn back towards Josh, placing the elbow that held the cigarette on her table as she leant across it, her expression once more somewhat dull.

It was somewhat clear by now that most of the facades, barriers she had entered this cantina with had already disappeared when she was talking with this hooded, or previously hooded man. An odd thing to do. Was it comfort or stupidity, she wasn’t even sure herself. “Hmpfh…” She grumbled, looking piercingly at Josh as if judging him.

“You ever heard of The Ravens? Those red ones to be exact?”

(Sorry for the slowness. I've lost and redone this post about 3 times now)

The blonde haired man couldn't help but laugh a bit to her reaction to the cigar coming to life from his pyrokinetic powers. The poor girl hadn't even realized she had forgotten to light it! Still, he felt bad when she started choking, that he'd forgotten to warn her that he had lit it. He had sort of hoped that the snapping of his fingers would be the indication that he had done something. At the very least, after the fact she seemed to realize that the lighter had been him.

"It's something this old magician taught me years ago, though I do apologize for taking you by surprise" He would respond with a small smile. "I was just a rookie in my profession, you could say. I was walking through the streets of Coruscant when this odd man was doing fire tricks for people to watch and gape in awe at. After the show, I asked him if he could teach me. I was young, naive, and didn't have a beard at the time, and fascinated by the tricks, so I couldn't resist asking if he could teach me. After a bit of begging, he agreed. So he taught me a few little tricks of how to do it. I was a quick learner, and improved more on my own time. It was quite the treat" He would remark with a chuckle.

He relaxed a bit. He didn't enjoy the smell of smoke, but he wasn't going to stop her either. He'd let her take the story in before listening to her answer to his podracing tutorial offer. "Oh, its more different then you know. Faster. More illegal on other planets" He'd crack with a laugh. "Or is that the swoop racing that's illegal? I'm not entirely sure. Politics and the like were never my specialty. I'm a diplomat, sure, but... Bleh" He added, cracking his neck.

As she told of what was obviously her work, he smirked faintly. He KNEW she reeked of someone from a criminal background. Still, it wasn't like he was going to just take her in for no reason or something. "Yeah, I've heard bits and pieces. I've been... Out of the fold, you could say, for quite some time now. Travelling past the outer rim. When I came back, the Red Ravens were a thing, so my information on them is sort of small" He would admit. "You work for them then, I assume?" He would ask.

[member="Jen"]

The cyan smoke from the cigarette hovered gently towards the ceiling of the small Mos Eisley cantina; the crisp orange glowing tip waved a bit around as Jennifer gently lowered the cigarette after a brief drag. After having exhaled yet another cloud, she extinguished it by pressing it into the table she sat by, letting it crumble under the soft squeeze. After she would simply let go of the cigarette, letting it fall onto the table and into its own crumbled ashes.

She had to admit that the magic trick of his was quite something, how she had not spotted it and figured out how he did the trick was beyond her, but that was a part of the magic behind it she supposed. She let out a quiet chuckle, still seeming somewhat at unease to talk about the Ravens, seeming to ignore the question for just a few more seconds. “Well I would love to learn to podrace either way. Or at the very least take a look at one of those racers. It’s somewhat simple tech, but still.” She let a hand run through her dyed hair, casting another glance across the room as if once again checking that they wasn’t been listened in on. “Yea, sort of. Nothing of… That. Kind of work if you know what I mean-… But yea. I invent a few things. That stuff.”

She let out an unsure fake laugh as if trying to wave the fact that she belonged to one of the most bloodthirsty syndicates in the galaxy, her smile quivering for a second before she decided to drop it all together, turning towards her drink to take a sip from it instead as she leaned in over the table with a sigh. Yea, it wouldn’t be safe to tell him about her future plans regarding leaving the group. It was dangerous enough without anyone knowing about it before it happened.

She didn't seem too bothered once she got used to the magically lit cigarette. Good, he didn't exactly want to be responsible for the girl choking to death, did he? Criminal or not, she was still a... Well, not a human being, but a being nonetheless, no? It was very rare that the man killed outside of larger scaled battles, he didn't want to be responsible for one more on accident. The costs of battle had come to him long ago, after he dealt with his own losses. It was funny how losing someone you care about, from someone doing what they thought was just a job, without caring what happened to the people they were close to, did to you, you know? At heart, Joshua was still a warrior. He would fight to protect the galaxy and the people within it, as well as the people he cared about. With his life if he had to. At the same time... His time of fighting in political wars, most likely, was over. It was meaningless to him, to sacrifice innocent lives, to rob a mother of a son, a child of a father, a wife of her husband, a husband of his wife, or someone of their lover, as was his case.

He would smile when she dodged the question. It was typical of any criminal to dodge it when they could possibly be dealing with a member of authority they didn't know about. Standard procedure, no? "I'd love to at least show you if you can get yourself a machine. Like I said, mine was destroyed quite some time ago. Not that it was mine in the first place. It was always another man's machine. I was just the hired rider. Now, I could probably make quite a few credits racing for myself. Maybe even betting on myself if I was a betting man. But I don't have the time, nor do I think my associates would approve, unless I did it at some point for the hell of it and not for the money. Of course, most of my associates don't approve of me anymore anyway. I was never much of an arse-kisser, outside the bedroom anyway" He would joke with a chuckle.

"So you don't do any of that work huh? You know that's a pretty typical response I get quite often from people part of criminal organizations. Granted, what am I going to do, on Tatooine of all places? Arrest you?" He would joke, with a small smile. "Sweetheart, do I look like I'm a cop to you? Or part of the Republic? I don't even think the Republic LIKES me" He cracked, laughing heartily as he sipped his drink.

"Honest to the Force though. I really don't care what you do for a living" He'd admit. "If you're not causing me trouble, you're good. The only time I might care is if you're a slaver. And if you're proud enough of that sort of living that you'll admit to it openly... Well, I wouldn't regret opening you up and feeding your organs to the Womp Rats" He would crack with a small smile. "Granted, you don't look the type to do the slavery thing, dear. So you're safe. I would hope" He'd crack.

[member="Jen"]

OOC
Oh my god. I'm owing you a reply here! :C Want me to make a finishing reply on this thread or should I simply let it off at this? Jen laughed and they went on their seperate ways? I'm mostly saying this because it have been a long time since this thread took place. So the chances are our characters have changed a bit since then.

I'm totally up for starting a new thread though! Letting these two interact once more :)

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom