Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Moon Raid (Enyo Typhos)

Ylva continued covering the woman until the fight suddenly came to a halt. Enyo contacted her and told her to hold fire, then another message came afterwards. "Understood." She replied after a groan of disappointment over the same secure channel, her tone was a bit grumpy for she couldn't bash more skulls. Nonetheless, she stopped shooting, still near to a cover if the talks didn't work.

Enyo contacted the ship above shortly afterwards. Now, no matter how much she would prefer to fight them instead, she couldn't deny that the lizards and she were quite alike. One wondered if Ylva was one-quarter Kraal. Probably not. Anyway, she was looking forward to find out about them more.

[member="Enyo Typhos"] [member="Amara Zarides"]

Amara Zarides

Clones just wanna have fun!
[member="Enyo Typhos"] [member="Ylva Wolfsbane"]

There was a pause, and then there was a reply.
“You have fought well, we shall parley,” the Kraal replied.

The ship came in to land, and from it came ten warriors, better armed and armoured than the previous group. Ahead of them was a leader, bigger and even more heavily armed than the others.

“Warlord Saal of Clan Yogir hails you!” the leader bellowed in sibilant, but understandable basic. “You have bested the Unproven sent to show their worth. They were not prepared for warriors like you, and so they rightly failed. Their punishment will be severe. What parley would you make with the Kraal?” he asked.

Amara meanwhile had ordered the Harbinger to hold course above and behind the landed ship. If negotiations soured they could quickly drop a firestorm onto the enemy.

[member="Ylva Wolfsbane"], [member="Amara Zarides"]

The ship descended, and ten heavily armoured lizardmen marched out. They carried imposing war-axes, halberds and blasters. Leading the pack was a powerful lizard who towered over all of them and was surrounded by a commanding aura. He introduced himself as the Warlord of his clan. Enyo's knowledge of the Kraal was largely based on what she'd learned from Archangel. She understood that they were a tribal society, where various warlords ruled over their hordes, but answered to a supreme warlord who bore the title of Imperator.

The Harbinger hovered above the Kraal ship, ready to rain down a barrage if need be. Likewise, Neda and the sharpshooter team had taken up position on the sand hill. From their cover, they could snipe the lizardmen and bombard them with missiles.

Enyo noted how he spoke of the 'Unproven', who seemed to be young cadres. Enyo's goals extended beyond simply securing the mine for herself, for she wanted warriors. To do so, she would have to gain respect, and take their ego down a peg. And get to to the Kraal homeworld.

"I can defeat far more than your Unproven. I challenge the three champions of your clan to fight myself and the two greatest warriors of my group," she nodded towards Ylva and Amara. That would give all three something to do. As a sign of challenge, she removed her helmet.

The ship landed after Enyo accepted to talk with them, and a much better equipped Kraal squad appeared, coming closer to the gang. Ylva examined their movements, even though their stance shouted intimidation, it seemed to her that their want to talk was genuine, at least for now. Of course, the tension was still high, and one wrong move would turn this negotiation into a battlefield.

Once the leader started speaking, Ylva raised an eyebrow and started listening. Even though she preferred bloodshed, she couldn't deny that words could teach you just as much about your enemy as an encounter in a battle. And teach her they did. They were tribal. They had a rank system. They had a lot of self-confidence. She couldn't help but grin when Enyo proposed a challenge that would determine which group was stronger. One that the lizard leader didn't have a choice but to accept. Even this showed which side was stronger, but she wasn't complaining. After all, she had the chance to find out more information about them the way she liked.

"This is going to be fun." Ylva answered amusedly and moved a few steps forward towards Enyo.

Amara Zarides

Warlord Saal did not hesitate.
“It will be as you say. Naran! Tomor! Ganzorig!” he called. Each call was heralded by a cheer as those warriors stepped forward. Each of them were massive, even as big as Ylva, armed and armoured with grim and brutal weapons.

“And the cost of victory? What do you demand should you triumph? If we triumph your ship is ours, and we take one of your warriors as weregild for each of my champions slain. You leave then and the mine is ours.”

Amara took a deep breath. She wasn’t afraid or unwilling to fight. However she had her own condition.
“If we win, in addition to what our Warlord demands you will leave this mine alone forever, swearing never to return.”
It was a Neutral Good thing.

[member="Amara Zarides"]

"Those conditions are acceptable," Enyo spoke flatly. "If I win, the mine is ours. You shall swear never to return." In her eyes, it was not a Neutral Good thing. Simply her staking her claim. Even though the miners had yet to agree. She had to concede that appearing their rescuer and appealing to their self-interest probably worked better than simply waltzing in and telling them to submit or die.

"You will give me the coordinates to Karakorum and arrange an audience with the Imperator of the Kraal. I will take one of your warriors. He will bend the knee and pledge fealty to me as his Warlord." She did not expect Amara or Ylva to embarrass her by dying, but she figured she could use someone with actual local knowledge and the ability to speak the native language.

The three champions of the Warlord moved forward with his command, all highly armoured and armed and unlike the ones they have fought a few minutes ago, they were also quite massive. The funny part was that the Warlord himself didn't participate, which didn't impress the Valkyrie. Nonetheless, she checked her equipment and prepared herself for the challenge. This wasn't going to be easy.

"We accept your conditions." The Warlord responded without a second of consideration to Enyo, with a tone that radiated his overconfidence. "Now that both sides have specified their conditions, let the challenge commence!" He announced afterwards, raising his weapon with excitement.

The other soldiers quickly emptied the area for the 6 champions and circled them around. There was quite the tension still, which was quite clear from both of the sides. Without further ado, the fight started. The three Kraal champions launched towards our heroes, quite quickly for their size and heavy equipment.

With the strength of a Midvinter bear, one of the Kraal swung his massive axe towards Ylva, which she responded by moving her shield between the weapon and her body. The shield met the axe and absorbed the damage. Using this to unbalance him, Ylva then pushed the shield forward and swung her hammer which was in her other hand.

Amara Zarides

[member="Ylva Wolfsbane"] [member="Enyo Typhos"]

The one named Tomor faced Amara. His face was entirely hidden behind a grim mask, and his armour was blazoned with red suns. His weapon was a halberd as tall as Amara, and wickedly sharp with the inclusion of vibro technology to absorb a lightsabre.

Amara ignited her purple lightsabre and stepped forward. Suddenly, the dual begun as Tomor stepped forward and slashed twice with the halberd, followed by a swift stab at her chest. Amara was forced back, for the Kraal’s speed was deceptive, and his blade outreached hers.

Still, she was easily able to step back, trading space for time. When she moved to block a stab her blade was almost torn from her hand by a hook of Beskar on the reverse side.

The opening stages had been helpful, for it let her know his strengths and weaknesses.
The Kraal came forward, chopping at her head, and she ducked under it, moving in to slash at his legs. Tomor was fast though and brought the haft of the weapon down to parry and delivered a heavy smack which she mostly avoided, but had to stagger back from. A cut on the forehead bled annoyingly.

Amara’s eyes narrowed, she was ready, she had a plan, and now it was just a matter of executing it….

[member="Amara Zarides"], [member="Ylva Wolfsbane"]

The time for words had passed. Now was the moment to draw blood. Three Kraal champions launched themselves at them. The one facing Enyo was a giant of a man. Face obfuscated by a grim, horned mask, his armou was decorated with scarlet suns. In one hand he held a powerful looking sword, in the other a battle shield.

Enyo would have switched her lightsabre for her maul, as the latter was a potent anti-armour weapon that would have nullified the advantage his shield granted him, but the lizardman had already begun his assault. Despite his size, he was quick on his feet.

Falling back on her usual pattern, she pulled back a bit, trading space for time. It was not fear, but calculation. Her cybernetic physiology meant that she did not tire, so she could simply outlast most opponents. With the practiced skill of a duellist, she parried a slash meant for her elbow, pushing the blade aside. Responding to the attack, she launched a strike towards his head. It was more a probing attack than a serious one, and he protected himself with his shield.

Behind her helmet's faceplate, her features remained impassive. Feet firmly planted on the ground, she met his attack as he came at her like an ox or battering ram. So they battled. His dastardly sharp sword clashed with her sabre. Thus it went on for a few seconds.

At one point, he tried to bash her with his shield, ramming her with enough force to break the bones of a man. It impacted upon her face, causing damage. Indeed, flesh burst, causing the metal to show. But though she was pushed back, she showed no sign of slowing down. When he came at her once more, she grabbed the shield, grappling it.

They wrestled for a moment, then he abruptly pushed it towards her and dropped it. The motion knocked her off-balance, and he used the chance to thrust the tip of his blade towards her stomach, impaling her upon it. Alas, she remained standing. He was not allowed to feel surprise for long, for without even bothering to pull the blade out, she slashed across his neck. The plasma had cauterised the wound by the time he hit the sand covered ground.

The lizard dodged her attack by quickly moving to the right and unleashed his own. Ylva barely recovered from her current state and met his axe with her shield once more. Since she moved too quickly to defend herself against a strong attack, her shoulder hurt like hell. Coincidentally, this was the one that was previously dislocated. However, instead of an expression that you could expect from someone who was in pain, she was grinning. She kicked the lizard once more and swung her hammer towards the now unbalanced champion. This one hit him in the helmet, and with the strength enhanced by pain, she managed to break it. The lizard jumped back to regain his balance. Now that he was also dealing with concussion, he let down his defences, which was the opening Ylva waited for. So she moved in, not giving him any chance to collect himself.

So the clash of the titans started. Even in a disadvantage, the lizard didn't give her a chance to land a fatal blow, which could be expected from a champion. On the contrary, he also seemed to notice that Ylva's shoulder was in pain, so landed attacks that would force her even more. "You fight well." Ylva said amusedly as she swung her hammer towards his chest, but her attack was blocked by his axe. The lizard gave her an acknowledging grin and then pushed her back to launch his own. The two tried to prove dominance over each other like that for a couple of minutes, opening more wounds and destroying armor parts but to no avail.

Ylva was at full beast mode at this point, her movement was fast but less precise. The duel continued until the two locked their weapons. The lizard had the advantage, as Ylva's shoulder got worse with each hit. He was stronger than her, and that pissed her off. But Ylva didn't rely on her strength only, she was a huntress. She knew when an opportunity arised. Since the lizard was busy trying to break her defences, he let his own down. It was the time to exploit that. Ylva quickly moved to the left once he was about to land an attack to her. The attack missed, and there was no obstacle in front of Ylva for a direct hit. She laughed. Taking the opportunity, the Valkyrie hit the back of his knee first to make him lose his balance, and then the second hit came directly behind his head. The lizard fell down.

"Great Goddess Ear, may you accept this sacrifice." She muttered before landing a few more blows to finish him off. Out of breath, she looked at him.

Amara Zarides

Amara lacked the sheer brutal power of the berserker, and the tireless durability of her sister. What she did have was an agility they did not have.

Soon it was just her, and it was time to act. Tomor came in with a heavy slash, and she leapt over it, but forward and not back. With a somersault she landed behind the Kraal and thrust back hard. Like the proverbial hot knife she pierced his armour and stabbed into it.

That was not the Kraal’s end though. No, he turned with a hiss and sliced a wild one-handed slash with the halberd which she avoided. However, he remained canny, and his other hand, claws extended slashed at her throat, and she only just avoided that fate. Instead, three painful gouges were cut across her chest.

With a cry of anger and pain she hacked off the offending limb, stepped forward and rammed her sabre through the warrior’s neck. As she withdrew his head came off like an overripe fruit falling from the tree.

Deactivating her blade she moved to be beside Enyo.

The Warlord nodded approvingly. “Your warriors are mighty indeed and worthy of respect. If shall be as was agreed. We shall depart and you shall have the location of our home – the Imperator will be expecting you.”

The duels were over. Three Kraal lay dead in the sand. "Your warriors fought well," Enyo responded, switching off her lightsabre. Imagine what they could do with more advanced weapons and better discipline, she thought to herself, though she did not voice that thought...yet. "Our bargain stands. You will be allowed to leave unmoelsted. I will need a guide. One of your own will bend a knee to me, as agreed," she added.

Through their success, the band seemed to have earned some measure of respect from the Warlord, so he nodded. "The Kraal always stand by their word. Mönkhbat," he called out, and one of the greenskinned, scaled warriors stepped forward. He glanced at them, looking at Ylva for a moment longer. She was kind of like a Kraal, after all. "He is one of the Unproven. Young, but stout of heart and firm. He will join your tribe and pledge himself to you as his Warlord."

And the challenge was over. The three champions of Kraal were no more. Ylva, now that the heat of the battle slowly left her body, calmed down a bit. It was why she kept staring at the corpse of her enemy. It was to remind herself that the fight was over. After all, she could lose her control and attack people around her if she got overexcited. Once she was fully back, she sighed and moved beside Enyo.

The Warlord kept his promise, and called one of his own to bend the knee and accept Enyo as his Warlord. He was an "Unproven", one of the smaller ones they have fought before. Ylva considered this as an insult, but didn't say anything. After all, this was Enyo's battle, and she respected her enough to let her fight it herself. Instead, she kept staring at the lizard, who moved a few steps forward and glanced at the three. A smile formed on the lizard's lips, even though it didn't look like one.

"Heh heh heh." He turned to his Warlord, and then back to them.

"A true Kraal won't kneel before anyone." He finally said, looking directly at Enyo. Courage or stupidity? This one shall let the readers decide. Ylva was kind of impressed. "But your tribe is strong, and I respect that. I will join you."

Amara Zarides

Amara watched the scene with amusement, wondering if the spawnling was going to lose his head. It seemed not because Enyo still needed him.

She went with the Warlord, and took proper notation of all the necessary co-ordinates. Whilst she was doing this Enyo and Ylva were ‘discussing’ matters with the miners in a way which was set to be equitable and fair.

With that done they would meet at the Harbinger which had some in to land.
“So, what’s the plan, sis? Did you want to go straight there or should we deal with other business first?”

[member="Ylva Wolfsbane"], [member="Amara Zarides"]

There was a moment of silence. "You're either very brave or very stupid. Or both," Enyo commented. Her deadpan tone made it difficult to discern her true feelings. "But I don't want sycophants. Slay my enemies, serve me loyally, and you'll be rewarded with action and booty. Disobey or betray me, and I'll kill you."

Mönchkbat seemed to consider this, then nodded, smashing his large hands together. "Heh, heh, so it shall be. May many glorious battles await us. I will add to the honour of your tribe by breaking our foes."

"Ylva's your direct superior. She will help you integrate in our ranks. Follow her orders." Or else...that did not really need to spelled out. Turning around, she headed towards the mine entrance. The miners had stopped cowering and dared to come out once they saw the attackers had departed.

"Are they...gone?" one asked fearfully.

His supervisor shot him a critical look. "Lucius, go back inside and tell the men the raiders have left. But don't stand down yet," he glanced at Enyo. "Uh...we are indebted to you....Miss," he said awkwardly, looking a bit flustered.

"Enyo Typhos, of the Iron Fist. I drove the raiders away. They would have slaughtered you and your people otherwise. But you may be attacke again. This mine is vulnerable without protection. I can provide it."

The supervisor cleared his throat, palms sweating slightly. "We have our own security," he said awkwardly. Looking around, he saw the dead bodies. Not all of the guards had died, but several. "What guarantee do I have that I'm not simply replacing one raider with another?"

"You have one. But I could simply take what I wanted, but I haven't. Your superiors are far away and clearly did not bother to give you the protection you require. I could take over the mine myself, but then I'd have to find people to run it for me. I provide the security to keep you safe, you supply me with a regular amount of phrik."

It went on for a bit, but in the end the miners agreed. They did not have much of a choice. Furthermore, the Iron Fist Consortium received a significant shipment of phrik, which was delivered promptly. It would serve Enyo's cause well. She already had plans to put it to good use. "Get the ship ready. We're done here. We will offload the phrik at a safe location, then go to the Kraal homeworld," Enyo ordered Amara.

The young lizard joined the party after a brief lecture of power by Enyo, and Ylva was to be his superior. Amusedly, she nodded to her. Young and brave, even though it was impressive, it was also a dangerous combination for the weak. So, she was going to make sure to mold him into a powerful warrior by breaking him over and over again.

"You've heard her. From now on, you will do exactly as I say. I will break you, shape you, and break you if I want to again. Disappoint me, and I will crush every bone in your body before sending you to her. Understood?" Ylva's tone and glare was as cold as a storm in Midvinter.

The young Kraal grinned. The giant woman reminded him of his own kind, had the anger and the strength. So, it would be good not to piss her off too much, since it didn't look like she was telling empty threats.

"Understood, Chief." He said, nodding respectfully. "My weapon is thirsty for our enemies' blood."

"Good." Ylva responded with the same coldness. "I will arrange someone to get you properly armed and armored. Report back to me once you are prepared." It seemed like Enyo was also done and the negotiation was successful, unsurprisingly. She followed her back to the ship.

Amara Zarides

Amara nodded and set to work with the crew loading the Phrik up, and then getting everything ready for departure.
She did notice Ylva's new friend. They seemed to be getting on well enough. Who knew if it'd last? The thought of the giant viking being put in charge of a bloodthirsty lizard was oddly amusing to her.

She watched as the Kraal ship took flight, and took the co-ordinates in to the dynamic duo of pilot and navigator Faelar and Shoshary.
"Well, that worked, right?" Faelar asked.
"Sure. We now have co-ordinates to lizard world, have a lizard with us on board and a load of Phrik. What could go wrong?"
No answer. There was a lot which could. Still, it was a good first step on...a road.
"We're ready to go, Enyo, course plotted in for a safe location," she said into her commlink.

"Chazzak, you stay here. Contact Wes and instruct him to dispatch a team to help you organise security here," Enyo instructed the Zabrak.

Neda looked a little put out. "And miss out all the action on lizard world?" then she shrugged. "Fine. I'll get chit done here and whip this place into shape. Set up some turrets, mines, the works. Maybe 'convince' some neighbouring mines they need our protection, too. Better not be left when you storm AA Central."

"You won't."

"Grand. So what's next, cybernetic lizardmen? May be a sight to behold."

"Maybe. You have your orders. I'll be in touch," and with that Enyo turned around and boarded the Harbinger, presumably with Ylva and her new Kraal minion in tow. Shortly thereafter, the phrik armoured corvette took off into the sky, leaving the red moon behind it.

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom