Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Garden Pt. 3 (Camellia)

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
[continuation of Red Garden Pt.2]

[member="Camellia Swift"]

They had been working for some time now, between recovering and digging and then assembling and engineering the parts. Now as Ayumi was resting for a couple of hours with some food and water while the workers and engineers were getting the pieces assembled. She waited until the tacpad on her wrist chimed with the sound they were done and ready for her. She sent the message for Camellia and was walking as she stood there in a tank top and pants over her bodysuit as she entered the room. The reactor and converter assembled together to the directions of the diagram they had been creating and a computer brought it to work and regulate the power being used.

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

Receiving the message from Ayumi, Camellia would hurry to make her way over to her friend once she was notified it was time for the two of them to get back to work. The break had been appreciated, but the Rendili woman was entirely of the mind that she couldn't really rest all that well until the work was completely finished and her mind could be at ease that there was nothing else left to do. So for the most part in actuality Camellia had spent most of her time checking up on the status of other projects in the works while grabbing a light snack and drink to keep herself going. When she finally arrived though, the sight of the other woman in different attire would have sufficed. "Is it finally getting too hot for you to keep wearing the usual or are we just slumming it today?"

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi stood there for a moment looking at Camellia as she spoke. "Well hate wearing the same thing all the time, plus it does get hot in here.... can't be stripping out of clothing while testing equipment." She said it more as a joke though and winked. "That would be bad." More grinning and smiling as the sight of the converter came and they had some materials to test and make. Her wrist pad showing the information they were working on for safe keeping until she gave it to the ones who mattered. Her attention going to some of the things now while they had food and rations plus some water and random materials to add and work with.

Well when it came to anything official Camellia usually stuck to wearing the same thing herself. After all, it was highly professional to wear her defense force uniform when attending a meeting or supervisory matter. Not to mention it gave a slight edge of awe or seemed imposing to those opposite of her during negotiations for contracts. Thus she didn't really change up her attire much with anything business related, though on her off days she was rather fond of sundresses if the weather permitted, or just a tee and shorts if she decided to slum it on a day at home. "Well I certainly wouldn't have hated the view, but I see your point. How much did the techs get done with things while the first team was on break?"

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi was looking over some of the reports for what they were working on and she spoke. "Seems they managed to get it hooked up and completed with most but not all of the computers information downloaded." She was looking over some of it while moving herself towards the machine while she touched it. A smile appearing while it was a welcomed size for being on a ship or something they could use on planets and stations. "We'll let the tasks finish and then start it up, we have time still and if gives chances to get some more of the materials to work on breaking down."

That was a lot of progress already, which left the Rendili woman both impressed and a little relieved. It was amazing work that Ayumi's engineers and technicians were doing, but it also meant that there was less work left to do so they would be finished sooner and be able to move onto other things as well. Of course there was no rush, just as her friend got finished saying a moment later making Camellia smile as she stepped around to take a closer look over everything. "That was another question I had as well. How long does it take for this device to construct something once its being powered and provided with the raw material? For some odd reason I felt foolish enough to imagine it was instant, but I realize that was unrealistic of me to expect. What's the average time estimate?"

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi was looking at her as she raised an eyebrow thinking about it. "Well I am not certain but we're going to find out. Working on the timing shouldn't be to hard and I imagine if you know what you want it will be easier." She was waiting as the computer chimed bringing itself online with display screens and Ayumi was linking it to her datapad before a small holo image showed how to do everything. Directions and then there were some on the sections itself telling what to do so you didn't mess up. "I think it is time to see what it can do." Ayumi went to it and the display changed with her hands as she ran them over the controls as ir was starting to power up and the machine hummed to life. "It is starting."

Well that was likely true, but if the machine they had just created took longer to construct something than a normal factory would while also needing more power and materials then it was heavily leaning towards being a niche device used for places like Raxus prime where the scrap would normally be unusable as twisted and warped as it may be from the years, environment, and initial damage. It was all up to their testing right now to figure all this out of course, so the Rendili woman felt a little bad jumping the gun in bringing up the negative ahead of time. In her opinion, Camellia just wanted to think of it all ahead of time so they could prepare for whatever they needed to. Still, as Ayumi started up the device, she couldn't help but feel like she was on the edge of her seat waiting for the answers they were looking for. "I hope it works better than expected, I hate worrying."

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi was in agreement with that idea, she disliked worrying about soemthign like this. They had done a lot of work and taking it all into account was going to give them a great way to work on some of the bigger things in the project. A small grin on her face when it was booted up and Ayumi grabbed something sliding it into the one sections. The humming got a little louder but as the metal was being broken down the computer was displaying the process and the materials as it worked. Her eyes taking it all into account as it seemed to go pretty quickly once it was able to feed into it under its own power. FOr larger pieces she imaged cutting and holding it might be involved but here and now they had some raw materials ready to be used. "Well lets see, what would you like to make?"

Well, for it to work for them on bigger projects they would need a way to make the entire device itself bigger which would be a project in its own regard. Of course the Rendili woman was up for that one hundred percent, especially if they built a self operating droid foundry on Raxus Prime with select commando forces they could count on as being loyal enough to safeguard the facility and keep it running while it amassed a droid army. Then maybe they could turn said army over to the Republic to combat the Sith and keep the foundry secret to continue making droids. If even the Republic didn't know the whereabouts then the Sith finding out would be less likely to happen too. "Well I say whatever solves the hunger issue for a planet. . . . or a droid army of sentinel droids."

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi was looking at her and if they could make it solve hunger problems that would be a great thing.... A smirk on her face while she was moving to the other side and started up the design for it. The machine was making more sounds as it whirred up awakening with lights displaying and the imagine showing on the screen for a remote droid. The design slowly forming as it went over the diagram, each piece and component being machined in the converter then displaying there in front of them inch by into until the grey training remote was sitting there after a minute. Ayumi lifted it up and was looking at it while she touched the remote. "Well it looks accurate." She turned it on and activated it as it hovered in her hand.

Solving galaxy wide hunger was probably out of their reach, even with the technology at their disposal it was a matter of cost and production rather than the ability to do so. Still, they could probably help a few struggling worlds or the unfortunate members of society on others like the pits of Coruscant or Nar Shadda. However, it would be fair more likely and cost effective for them to clean up Raxus Prime, use all its waste and scrap to construct who knows how many battle droids, and then terraform the planet once the wreckage and trash was removed so it could be a respectable world. Camellia was so lost in these thoughts she hardly noticed that Ayumi was beginning the activation process. All the Rendili could imagine at this point was success and the grander schemes that came with it.

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi took it in and as she was watching the remote her grin got wider until she was noticing Camellia deep in thought and she attention went to her for a moment. Sending the remote into the machine again along with some more things like plants and dirt, she started pouring water into it as the computer was reading and keeping track of it before she spoke. "Lets see now I am thinking of something fun." She looked through it and spoke getting a grin on her face. "Jasmine tea hot." There was a look at the computer while she was thinking about it and slowly she could see it there on the section before lifting it up to her lips and drinking it. "Delicious"

Camellia honestly couldn't help but laugh when she finally took notice of what was going on with the device they had worked to put together as Ayumi used the technology of the converter to make tea. . . . . her friend used a device capable of engineering almost anything with the right amount of material and components and the other woman was using it to make tea. For some the reason the added effect that it was "delicious" supposedly only made the Rendili woman laugh even harder before she was able to control herself and calm down. "You know you're too much to believe sometimes Ayumi. You do realize that right?"

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi looked at Cam with a grin as she took another sip of the tea and leaned against the console a little while she was feeding some more of the materials into it. Food and water plus some metal. "Well I try and we do want to see what this thing can create." She was looking at the computer of some of the things they could create for this size machine compared to other. Her thoughts going to Cam though now while she set it up and half the tea was done as the machine was working to create a datapad. "We have the materials and the testing to make what we need, now the real question is what do we really want?"

Well that was true, Ayumi certainly did try and performed spectacularly every time. It was also equally true that they did need to test as many avenues as they possibly could to figure out the limitations of the converter technology they just unearthed and put together. Of course, to try everything would likely take all of eternity, but they could still check for the most common and useful items they required. When asked though, Camellia knew what answer she was going to give. "It's mostly up to you. The technology is yours to do with as you please. I think your ideas for putting them on starships, especially for exploration craft, to make repairs and provide needed goods for long travels, is a good idea. I honestly think getting a foundry on Raxus Prime and using the materials for the device to clean the planet up slowly while making goods and products is also great. I am of the mind though, that we turn such a foundry on Raxus Prime to construct an army of combat droids, much like how the Clone Army was prepared in secret once before. So that there is a new force to unleash on the Sith. The materials would be free, and with a strong enough reactor it could run for years without resupply, just stick a security team you trust to operate what little requires human attention and use labor and cargo droids to go out into the wastes to collect the scrap and its set to go."

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi was looking at her now and the ideas she had while she rubbed her hands together wa more sinister, she might not be evil but with the right technology she could think of a few things they could do. She was thinking about a droid army on Raxus and that would be a powerful thing to build up in secret, applying this to a station or two that was set in large space dumping ground could collect debris. They could have more then enough supplies and as she finished her tea. Ayumi put it into the section to break it down before she looked over the computer more form her wrist pad. "Lets see with that amount we could do a great deal more and never know what other uses we might find for it. I am getting more excited by the day to try it out there now."

Considering Ayumi was already sporting a dark bodysuit most of the time, if the woman rubbed her hands together like a villain more frequently then she really would appear like some sort of schemer out of a bad spy holovid. Of course, the image was quickly dissolved by the reminders of how her friend constantly behaved and eliminated the idea altogether that Ayumi could ever possibly be a megalomaniac attempting to conquer the galaxy. . . . .maybe infect everyone with laughter on Tuesdays if anything so the busy bodies stopped working themselves to death. "So am I, I do want to see what we can achieve and I apologize if I'm biased, but it really just doesn't seem like the Republic is doing all that great out there on the battlefield lately is all. I'd have put forth making fleets, but we've already crossed off this thing ever achieving that level of power."

Ayumi Pallopides

"They'll find a way... maybe, in all honesty the fighting gives me a headache. People are always changing sides, they are always making backroom deals and attitudes can change faster then the wind." She was back on the machine and working it while adjusting the systems constructor while it was working. "Lets see what we can do, a little tinkering and it should be able to work better on the processing." Her attention was going to the screens while they were showing the readings for it all, then Ayumi moved back and started giving more of the scrape and things into the converter to get more on the display as it was working to break it down. "This might not build a fleet but it can maybe make ways to test anti sith weapons or make a working model of their equipment to find a weakness."

All of that was true and infuriated the Rendili woman to no end as well. Everything was giving her a headache regarding the war, mostly because the Sith somehow won despite the absurdity of their victories making no sense. It also was equally just as daunting how quickly so many caved to the dark side despite having been raised their whole lives to resist it. It was as if this era of Jedi were all cowards beyond reason, their predecessors dismayed in the afterlife no doubt. Regardless there was nothing they could actually do about that, and Ayumi was already back to fine tuning the machine. Her friend made some very good points about the realistic ideas they could test with the device too. "That will be something. Who knows, I just hope that what we can do can make up for the lack the rest of the galaxy has left."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom