Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Garden (Camellia)

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
[member="Camellia Swift"]

Continuation of Centurion

Ayumi was looking at the world, after her work with Camellia Swift and the warship she was making. It was interesting and had inspired her to bring he woman on some adventuring. Well to also get her out of that stuffy office and allow her to breathed in the fresh air as she gave her a chance to enjoy the sounds of nature. "See we needed a break and now you can help me here, I want to get your input while on a dig." Ayumi was holding her holoprojector while she was looking over the ships and some of the gear she had for this. She knew Camellia liked her own stuff but if there was a chance to get Rendili scrap and shelved items to be recycled and used by them... Well that would be able to do a great many things while she spoke. "As well I have a small proposal for you my dear. Something that could prove useful and is a favor to me."

Outrigger Class
stargate_universe_destiny_wip3_by_stefan1502.jpg

Image Source: http://www.deviantar...-WIP3-146528373
Affiliation: Jedi
Manufacturer: Sasori
Model: Outbound Class
Modularity: No
Production: Semi Unique (only 3 in existence)
Material:
  • Quadranian Steel (Frame)
  • Matrix Armor (Inner Plating)
  • Durasteel (Outer Frame)
  • Alusteel (Outer Plating)
  • Crystasteel (Viewports)
  • Turadium (Blastdoors)
Classification: Heavy Carrier

Length: 2,800m
Width: 2,000m
Height: 900m

Armament: 16
  • 40 Quad TurboLaser
  • 10 Triple Ion Cannon
  • 5 Mass Driver Cannon
  • 40 Mass Driver Flak Cannon
  • 10 Heavy Point Defense Laser
  • 6 Mounted Megamaser
  • 4 Proton Torpedo Launcher
  • 40 Tractor Beam Projector
  • 40 Pressor Field Projector
Hangar: 3
  • Catapult Pressors Tubes
  • 2 Starfigher Squadrons
Special Features:
  • Fortified Primary Molecular Shield
  • Secondary Shielded Emitter
  • Tertiary Shield Generators
  • Advanced Medical Bay
  • Stellar Cartography Module
  • Advanced Sensor Package
  • Sensor Analysis Lab
  • Physical Research Lab
  • Light Manufacturing Module
  • Light Mining/Processing Module
  • Hydroponics Deck
  • Recreation Module
  • Cloning Lab/Livestock Module
  • Converter
  • Water Processing
  • Astrometrics Lab
  • Training Holosuites
  • Kawakami Vault
  • Rendili Type 8 Proton Reactor x4
  • Solar Energy Collectors
  • Stasis Pods
  • Outrigger AI
  • Advanced Living Module
Maneuverability: 18
Speed Rating: 18
Hyperdrive Class:
  • 1 (Primary)
  • 12 (Back up)
  • 22 (Tertiary Back up)

Strengths: Self Sustaining
Weaknesses: Large and slow moving, Minimal Hanger Space

Description:
Constructed as a massive exploration ship bySasori. The Outrigger class is something special, it has the guns to fight in battles and heavy shields but it is not made for that. Having a massive solar energy collector and converter that is designed to charge its power cells. Weapons being automated by the advanced AI that operates the systems to sustain itself and its crew. The hangers are converted to provide more modules and sections to grow food through cloning technology.
Development Thread:
Intent: To Create a Long Range and self sustaining exploration craft
Who Can Use This: Limited
Primary Source:

Harlequin Class Exploration
mythos___exploration_cruiser_by_xelitron.jpg

Image Source: http://pre15.deviantart.net/4509/th/pre/f/2010/113/9/6/mythos___exploration_cruiser_by_xelitron.jpg
Affiliation: Silver Jedi
Manufacturer: Mon Cal Shipyards/Sasori
Model: Harlequin Class
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material:
  • Quadranian Steel (frame)
  • Durasteel (Inner Hull)
  • Alusteel (Outer Hull)
  • Turadium (Blastdoors/Shield generators)
  • Crystasteel (Viewports)
Classification: Exploration

Length: 950m
Width: 500m
Height: 500m

Armament:
  • 6 Duel Ion Cannon
  • 12 Flak Cannon
  • 2 Warhead Launchers
Hangar:
  • Pressor Catapults
  • 1 Fighter Squadron
  • 6 Shuttle Craft
  • 1 Personal ship
Special Features:
  • 10 Tractor Beam Projectors
  • 10 Pressor Beam Projector
  • Holonet Connection
  • Astrometrics Lab
  • Training Holosuites
  • Standard Particle Shielding
  • Standard Ray Shielding
  • Standard Communications
  • Standard Life Support
  • Solar Ionization Reactor
  • Waste Recycling
  • Water Treatment
  • Medical Bay
  • Quarantine Chamber
  • Hydroponics Bay
  • Observation deck
  • Escape Pods
  • Machine Shop
Maneuverability Rating: 9
Speed Rating: 9
Hyperdrive Class:
  • 15 (back up)

Strengths:
  • Self sustaining for long missions
Weaknesses:
  • Lightly Armed
  • Lightly Armored
  • Low fighter defense
Description:
Built as a spiritual successor and upgraded model of the faithful E'ron class. The Harlequin is three times the size with more space to work and maintain a crew for exploration in the sectors of Silver Jedi space and beyond. Using the latest in their equipment and information it can maintain a connection to the Will of the Force network and with the computer there have ready maps of silver jedi space. The guns have been overhauled allowing it to better defend against raiders and pirates in small engagements.

The ship is considered from a military standpoint woefully undergunned and utilized with only one squad of fighters for defense and use. The guns along the hull are spaced out and provide excellent cover at a minimal amount mostly just within each others blind spots. Running along the fins are connection arms able to dock with larger ships and contain pressor catapults able to launch their fighters and shuttle craft. The rest of the ship is made to be functional using information gained from other shipbuilders.

Additional features Sasori put into designing the ship was the need for space and a ship that could function for investigating dangerous situations. To be a sister ship to the more protective and armed Geiger warships. The Silver Jedi's New age exploration craft is hoping to herald in a better way. The emphasis on synergy between the force users where they have training space as well as plenty of space for rangers to work and more crewmen to function. Nothing is spared to give all stations and crew a chance to enjoy the longer missions.

Decks:
Lower Fin: Garbage disposal and collection lined with solarpanels for energy collection
Deck 0: The Solar Ionization Reactor is located here running along the bottom length of the ship and into engineerings main section.
Brig: Carved out in a special section of the lowest level is a section of the ship dedicated to housing prisoners. Designed with bare minimum in way of comfort the six cells have a fresher and a bed. A duo of warden droids are set to monitor prisoners and alert the bridge and security office should anything happen.
Deck 1: General storage and cargo holds with bays for food stuffs and processing. SMall lifts lead to the mess hall for food transport. The second level of engineering is here.
Cargo Hold: Filled with spare food rations and extra parts.
Hydroponics Bay: Used for growing food and extra storage of some droids
Deck 2: Crew quarters and storage for droid, the main droid repair station is kept here for the maintenance droids.
Medical Bay: A stocked and full medical bay for testing and observation. Quarantine cells for protection that can be ejected from the sides of the ship.
Holosuite: Recreation and training suit for crew and jedi onboard the ship
Deck 3: Additional crew quarters,
Hanger Bay: The small bay has two pressor catapults to launch crafts out either side of the ship and bring them back in.
Machine Shop: Repair bay for equipment and droids
Deck 4: Stations in a second level of the hanger bay that hold probe droids and hyperspace buoys. More crew quarters and Brig
Deck 5: Visitors quarters and diplomatic suites
Crew Quarters: The main crew deck with their quarters
Mess Hall: Built large enough for the crew to eat in shifts
Deck 6: Science labs and archeological suites for storing artifacts and relics.
Deck 7: Security and tactical crewmembers quarters
Security: Armory and security offices with secured lifts.
Senior Officer's Quarters: Secured closer to the ships center and made to protect the senior staff.
Deck 8: The captain's ready room and officers mess hall.
Bridge: Long angular bridge with sections lined that hold several banks of monitors and scanners. Science stations for scouting planets.
Deck 9: Primary weapon controls and manual targeting. Armory and ejectable brig cells.
Observation Deck: A training and meditation room encased in crystasteel and designed to look out on the vacuum of space. The room is reinforced and filled with equipment for training purposes.
Private Galley/Kitchen: Made for the captain of the ship and anyone of of important status on the ship.
Central Fin: Designed as a series of training rooms for testing padawans, knights or masters and filled with holo emitters.
VIP Quarters: Built with a view along the front of the central fin that line along it. The rooms are more stately compared to the crew quarters and have extra amenities

Development Thread:
Intent: To Provide an upgraded version of the E'ron class for the Silver Jedi to explore in
Who Can Use This: Silver Jedi
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

Seiger Class Shuttle
puddle_jumper_by_angelwithsoul.jpg

Image Credits: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Puddle-Jumper-16505802
Affiliation: Silver Jedi
Manufacturer: Mon Cal Shipyards/Sasori
Model: Runabout
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material:
  • Durasteel
  • Glasteel
  • Droid Brain
Classification: Shuttle
Length: 10m
Height: 3m
Width: 5m
Armament: N/A
Squadron Count: N/A
Special Features:
  • Navigational Locator
  • Lots of space
Maneuverability Rating: 18
Speed Rating: 5
Hyperdrive Class: N/A
Strengths:
  • Easy to make
  • Droid Brain
Weaknesses:
  • No Weapons
  • Cannot deviate from course
  • Lightly Armored
Description: Designed for the minimalist and serving a single function. To go from point a to point b with no deviations. The shuttles are operating on two beacons. One that is on the ship and one that can be taken to other places. Usually a clearing on a planet so it won't crash into things. The shuttle is in essence a glorified lift but able to leave atmosphere and survive going down to a planets surface. Easy to send and recall, easy to make and disposable if need be. Upon further contact and planning with an old friend. Suggestions for the shuttles structure were given including a droid brain to handle the navigation down to the planet and back again. Slightly better thrusters and engines as well as more space for transporting soldiers or supplies.
Development Thread:
Intent: To create a cheap easy to make and use transport that can be used with Jedi Seed ship
Who Can Use This: anyone
Primary Source:

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

It was only fair Camellia supposed, Ayumi had come to her world, so it was now time for the Rendili woman to go to hers. Plus since her friend had put so much time and work into aiding her on the development of the Centurion class warship, it was also fair game for the other woman to infringe on her for aid on the exploration vessel that had been mentioned during their task before. What was a bit surprising was they weren't exactly at a construction yard or orbital station, something Camellia suspected had to do with her friend's concern she wasn't outdoors often enough. the mention of a break heightened the brunette's suspicions on the matter. "Well I promised to help you before so I will. Whatever it is you have in mind I'll try and give you as much support back at the least as much as you helped me on the Centurion. If not more."

Looking over the screens of each design Ayumi had on the datapad held up for her viewing pleasure, Camellia squinted as she took in the details as much as possible. Pouring over the information until she gave her friend a look. "Should I go over this all at once or one at a time for you?"

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi looked at the woman and spoke. "Yes please, I know the outrigger will be a lot more work but that is mostly why we are here. The rumors and reports of what a species was using on this planet." Ayumi started leading the way towards the shuttled.... The first of which was under construction right there in the hanger for the ship while she was moving. "The Seiger shuttle is one of the things I wanted to get your feedback on. The whole point of it is to be made in the ships on board mechanical areas for quicker use and storage. Something they could use to save hanger space and cargo space. The general idea of the Harlequin is to upgrade the E'ron which is sturdy and good for a master and their students to take around with something a team could take and explore with. The final ship is the big thing we are seeking to make something that can use the seeder ships and be sent out beyond the void to explore."

Nodding, Camellia had plenty to say, but she would try her best to go in sections, so as not to create an information overload like she typically did in all other instances. Still, what she had to say on the Outrigger alone, putting the other ships aside for now despite everything that Ayumi herself had to say on the matter, was still likely to be a bit much. "Well on the primary ship itself, I think it is already quite well designed and I see you took a lot of what I had to say to heart concerning the defensive needs a long term expedition would require. After all, who knows what they might run into and keeping in mind they won't be getting help from civilization anytime soon they need to be able to handle themselves as best they can. However, what I think is a problem is that they are an exploration vessel and a crew meant to chart new worlds and stars. They'll as such inevitably need to create new hyperspace lanes for themselves, which becomes dangerous. They will need to stock up on hyperspace beacons to drop off every so often to create new hyperspace lanes as well as maintain a path they can follow back to the rest of the galaxy. They should also carry plenty of communication buoys as well so they can have lines of communication along that path in case they set up any colonies along the way. Everything else ties into what I have to say on the other parts of the project but otherwise I am mostly happy this ship can generate its own supplies if needed. Its weapon systems seem decent, but I'm confused over the use of Chiss weaponry. Then again I'm none too familiar with its use so your thoughts could enlighten me."

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi was looking at Camellia and making notes for the ship that was another large project they wanted to get going. Sasori had swallowed up the other small grop supplying the jedi and with it the divisions of researchers from the young zeltrons company. Well they had given them a number of different aspects to work on the one of which was their work. "Thank you and we are working on seed ships with an new AI for this. The BAC is great for combat but exploring and mapping the seed ships paths will need something possibly. That is why we are working to try and find some things that are special." Which was why she was here and moving with a small look at the shuttle to head down while one of the ones she wanted an opinion on was being made across from them. "We'll have to see though if these converters are still around where the colony was destroyed."

A variant of the Battle Analysis Computer to control shuttles and seed ships for the main ship was certainly an interesting concept, but possibly not that improbable. In fact if they took the existing programming from the BAC and altered it to function as a sort of super traffic controller, running from a civilian sector standpoint, they could possibly get something fairly workable there. In fact automating as much of the Outrigger itself was probably a good idea to ensure everything was under control, though some people did tend to become afraid when the computers became too powerful. "Personally I don't like the idea of a fully operational AI, too dangerous in my opinion. Not to mention there have been cases plenty of times, or have all the droid uprisings slipped people's memory. I prefer circuit rigging, slaving the systems together so a half the normal number of crewman can maintain two systems fits much better with me. Of course I have no qualms helping you if an AI is the end goal. As for the BAC that sounds doable. We could likely rework the UI of the programming and convert its processing to Civilian Infrastructure so that it does jobs rather than formulating tactics. I believe a separate BAC unit should still be on board. Then you could perhaps run drone fighters off the BAC's UI, though you would need dedicated Databanks or Droid Units to run it to that degree I believe. As for your search here, I hope you find things too, I apologize that digging isn't my specialty. . . . .well I suppose that's a lie since Rendili does have quite the renown digger contraption."

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi looked at her and gave a small grin on her face though while she was looking over it all. She switched her holoprojection as the ship was beginning to head down to the planet. The Hammerhead they had from Rendili was a welcome and sturdy ship they had. The image of the AI they were working on appeared. "Well we thought to build her off of the BAC because it is for now the closest we have to it... But we weren't certain. The AI would be working to navigate and send information from the seed ships the same way the monitoring stations do. To create a display that could be observed from the map room of the ship." The shuttle jerked a little and Ayumi stood her ground while she was enjoying not always grinding her teeth a little in concentration. "Don't worry about the digging we have the work for that coming and researchers who enjoy it."

Good, because while the Rendili woman didn't have a fear of serpents she did have a rather drastic caution against arachnids. Hopefully none such would be around to cause her concern. Either way, Camellia quickly refocused back on the conversation at hand as she listened to Ayumi go into more details on the duty of the AI. It seemed very exciting for a prospect, but of course someone had to be a skeptic. "Hmm, well do you know for sure if the computing ability of an AI can handle the stress as well as have the power output to handle the seed ships over a great distance. The simplicity of a UI on a system can sometimes be a greater benefit even if an AI has greater sophistication. Then again this largely depends on the type of AI and extent of ability we grant it."

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi looked at her and nodded in agreement. She wasn't certain of its skills or strain the AI would face. She was working on some of the things on the fringe like this with the ability to go forward and get that stuff while the others of Sasori were working hard at their tasks to build and expand the group. She looked at her hologram while moving towards the viewport as the savannah like world stretched out before them and she was looking at the research team on the ground. "And your ope opinion on the other ships?" Ayumi opened the door of the shuttle while she motioned. "And there is the getting Rendili to hire Sasori to collect its junk and scrap to recycle and reprocess into equipment. Keeping it from getting thrown into the wastes... Which is where the company would want to construct a station to clean up and process same as on Raxus."

Ah that was news to the Rendili woman, though not unwelcome. New sources for raw materials was always welcome, and purchasing and refining scrap could be a cheaper alternative to mining while also maintaining quality depending on whatever Sasori's people were capable of salvaging. Still, that would come later. Right now Camellia was focused on the starships she had promised to help Ayumi with, and who was now asking for her opinion on them once more. "I have little to say on the shuttles except they seem rather dangerous in their simplicity though that also makes them very versatile, however, they could also be highly prone to malfunctioning in some form because they are so basic in nature. They might not perform as effectively or efficiently as we might expect. The cruisers on the other hand.. . . . .I just worry about how they fit into the scheme of things. As far as colony ships go there's nothing wrong with it, but it seems relatively big for everything that's on it. You could almost run your expedition from one of these without the need of the Outrigger. Then again I can't say I know much in that regard. The only major exploration attempt after the Golden Hyperspace Age was the Outbound Flight, and they used rigging to put seven ships into one. I suppose I just am curious if your expedition is going to be a flotilla or if the Cruisers will have different missions from the Outrigger."

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi chewed her lower lip while she was thinking about it and she spoke watching the research teams digging and recovering what they could find. The natives didn't mind them taking the trash from another species away after all. "Well the outrigger is meant for more distant locations." Ayumi looked at her. "There are some places that haven't yet been touched by anyone as far as we know. There could be allies, could be resources there. The Outrigger could reach them with its seed ships plotting the course." She was thinking about the companion galaxies and future endeavors such as exploration of the mysterious and supposedly destroyed Vong galaxy. SOmeplace that could be an untapped resource in the galaxy. "The cruisers on the other hand for sending out and exploring the galaxy itself more then long distance places they'll be isolated."

Now the Rendili woman nodded, understanding things a bit better. There was a lot more in perspective now for her to consider, though in some ways she was more confused. Nevertheless, Ayumi had answered her question she supposed as they continued along. For the most part Camellia ignored the dig and the progress on it as it was out of her forte, and instead put her attention completely toward the starship side of things. "I guess I'm still confused why the Cruisers are so big then. Do they really have to be if they're sticking to the known galaxy and just digging into the cracks? I just find myself worrying i they seem like a bit much due to their size. The Outrigger's role is what I expected you would say though."

Ayumi Pallopides

"They are being developed to prepare for hopefully something else. A sister ship that will be a warship not to large but not the size of hammerhead which is the biggest ship combat ship the silver jedi have. We want to see if the design will work and prove useful to make it more standard for ships that size." Ayumi was looking at some of the diggers and one came up with roots from the tree like aliens who had done this and she nodded. "Alright continue digging, we are hopefully going to be getting close."

A prototype design then, meant to test the waters before they went ahead with a dedicated warship then? Well while that made a lot of sense, it still didn't help answer why the exploration variant had to be the same size. "That doesn't necessarily explain why your expedition ship has to be so big. I understand the warship being of a similar design, but still, over nine hundred meters for something. . . I guess I'm just a little confused considering it won't be stranded beyond the galactic edge." Watching as the work continued on the dig site, the Rendili woman tried her best to consider it but got no where really. "So will the warship be the same size? Any differences that will make it easier to understand the need for the exploration craft to be so large?"

Ayumi Pallopides

"The warship version will be the same size, we're going to try and get it to lead up eventually to larger ships while we handle the shipsyards and try to develop a way to help the people within silver jedi space." She motioned and was continuing to lok over what they had been getting while her hands motioned with the researcher and Ayumi stood up holding some of the damaged tech they had. "Given how the silver jedi council used the ships at Dac they were in serious need of something larger. The attitude towards things that were just point and destroy was very tiring as was reported and reviewing the ranger's reports. Something that can satisfy their need to not think will come in handy."

Well all that sounded rather complicated and confusing. Then again everything seemed to be a mess within the Silver Jedi's handling of things if Camellia went off what her friend had told her back when they were working on the Centurion. It sounded like the Order was having difficulty managing things and it was wearing Ayumi down, or at the very least that was the impression the Rendili woman got since the last time things had been brought up. "That honestly isn't encouraging considering the Mon Calamari's shipyards are well renown for the quality and design. I have to say I'm sad that even with that resource on their hands the Silver Jedi are having trouble getting things in order. Or perhaps I missed some news of late, have the orbital yards at Dac been damaged in recent years?"

Ayumi Pallopides

"They were damaged but that was a decade ago, their organization is okay but they throw ships at a problem over trying to think tactically. Hopefully if they have something bigger to throw they'll be happy or just give them something shiny to distract them while we work on real things." Ayumi was looking at more of the things though as she looked at the jedi there digging. "I mean they have Dac and they want to go across the galaxy to get ships from the far rim world. They have groups trying to help them and they're going to places like firemane when the mandalorians said they were willing to help to establish better relations. They are more needing the idea to be their own and I don't have the time to coddle them like children."

That was so much of a shame that Camellia wasn't even going to comment on it anymore, well she might but she wasn't going to whine as much as she wanted to. After all, it was such a waste of the Mon Calamari starships that could be being built. They were one of the few shipwrights the Rendili woman respected. Kuat was a powerhouse yes, but they were rivals and she had a distinct distaste for KDY designs. The Mon Calamari were quite unit in their manufacturing skills. And their shield tech was nothing to laugh at. "I certainly won't disagree with you there. After all they're putting some of the most incredible engineers and design teams to waste, but then again I won't complain too much. It means you'll come crawling to me more often. . . . .and I do wish that literally."

Especially after the fun they had last time.

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi made a look at her while she gave a fake gasp with her smirk. "Yeah but lets talk about better things, like Rendili sending all of its junk and scrap to to be picked up by us. We'll recycle it and send back the valuables if you miss anything and be able to use it for other projects. I know the wastes are filled with ancient imperial scrap and failures. One of the goals is to construct a salvage and processing station there."

Scrap then huh? Well Camellia wasn't sure how efficient or lucrative such a business deal would be, but she was certainly open minded to the prospect, as well to helping out her friend. "I can definitely check the numbers there Ayumi. Rendili Stardrive undoubtedly generates scrap when a part is incorrectly made or when a ship is damaged and sent back for repairs and we can't use components too broken to be reused. We do have salvage and repair cruisers among our starship listings. I'm certain you might find those interesting if you're working in expanding scrap operations. There are plenty of junk dumps in space out there, maybe even lost starships that are still undiscovered after becoming lost during the gulag plague."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom