Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red and Blue

Hok was one of the odder planets to visit in this whole galaxy. One half of the planet was dark and the other almost like a desert to be found on Tatooine. The only reason it remained so well known was because of the rich deposits of crystals anyone could find and mine in from the surface. The planet itself soon became well enough established for a few colonies to be made. Most of them were on the surface with the sun but the few that remained in the twilight area were just as nice.

But the reason Scarlett was here wasn't the sights. She had a more compelling business reason to be here. After all it wasn't often one would go looking for a smuggler who happened to be the planet's Senator. [member="Thalia Kaia"] was a young senator for Hok who, as Scarlett herself had discovered, was also one of the planet's most infamous smugglers. None knew of course dew to the senator keeping her tracks clean but Scarlett had the resources and the keen mind to find someone who might be called a kindred spirit. Rather than trying to expose her or blackmail Scarlett had wanted something more binding: a partnership. A message had been sent anonymously to Senator Kaia instructing her to await the arrival of a 'business partner' in her offices until near dark. While the message was vague it made it clear that however sent it knew what she was doing. All the more reason to have her agree to meet.

As the time came closer and closer the questioned remained however: where was Scarlett already?

Thalia would have received this message but she was oblivious as to what was going on with the Lady whom had sent the note. What could it have to do with? A legitimate partnership? An assassin trying to kill her for reasons unknown or could it be like the last partnership which was an exchange for the safety of her family in exchange for mining the crystals. Thalia had her office situated to where she had two balconies one looking at either biome of the planet for her office sat right between the two of the Biomes. Thalia loved the look of the twilight but also the light for it reminded her of how unique this planet was and its beauty

Thalia was one of youngest Senators ever to serve in the Senate and as such had to fight for every bit of respect she had ever been given in the senate. As Thalia waited for the knock on the door she would smile looking over the desert area as the Sun began to set

[member="Scarlett"]

Eventually a knock would come from the door forcing Thalia to walk away from her desert to answer. When she would open it however there would not be any mysterious woman or unknown stranger at the door. Instead it was a service droid asking if she needed anything else for the night. The dutiful protocol droid would give a long list of options which almost no one accepted because they either didn't have the time or money or patience for any of it. Either way once the droid was gone and Thalia would close the door again she would soon realize she was not alone.

Sitting in her seat was a woman wearing a red coat and matching sun hat. her head and hat were positioned to keep her face hidden, only the sight of her long brown hair coming down from the sides along with the sight of her chin and smirking red lips. She'd taken a piece of desert from desert from the table and was already chewing on it with a delightful sound coming from her lips.

"Wonderful." she said. "No wonder people kill for good food like this."

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

Once Thalia would turn around she would not be surprised to see the woman whom seemed to just appear out of nowhere. Thalia had seen plenty of weird things and this didn't even break the top 200 of weird so she would survey the woman noting little details about her from the way she sat to the way she ate and even the way she smiled at her. Thalia deduced from this that the woman didn't come to Hok very often and that she was a bit of a suspicious character maybe a smuggler.

"So I take it you aren't here to talk about politics are you?" She would say not thrilled the woman was in her chair

[member="Scarlett"]

Perking up when [member="Thalia Kaia"] spoke she smiled "Not really. Never had an interest in them. Always people talking and talking and thinking they're getting somewhere when really they get nowhere." She looked up further, her eyes and the rest of her face clear to see, before saying "But I think you know exactly what I mean, miss Kaia." She soon pulled out a holo device which displayed the picture of Kaia herself meeting with a shady looking character. "Smuggling doesn't usually become a senator, but then again it's hard to sit around and let the real politicians do all the talking and never doing a thing."

"I see so what is it that you want from me? Money? Fame? Crystals?" She asked surprised that anyone deduced that she was after all Hok's greatest smuggler "Or is it a partnership you want?" She asked taking a seat. She had thought she was doing very well in covering her tracks but apparently someone had caught a picture of her with a client. As she sat she smiled at the woman not knowing what else to say

[member="Scarlett"]

"Funny. I was going to make the same offer to you." She smiled before adjusting herself in her seat and then explaining "Perhaps I should introduce myself. They call me 'Scarlett'. You've likely never heard of me though. I'm something of a 'new face' around the galaxy. Looking to make a name for myself while doing what needs to be done in the galaxy. Much like you." She couldn't resist but to take another bite of desert before continuing with "But you've nothing to fear from me. I just needed to show you how serious I was about our meeting." She slid the holo device to her to do with as she wanted. "I was hoping, however, that we could in fact reach an arrangement. Not every day I have the chance to meet a senator after all. Let alone one who moonlights as a smuggler and theif, just like me."

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

As Scarlett spoke a smile crept across Thalia's face, this woman knew what had to be done and wanted to do it just as much as Thalia. As Scarlett finished Thalia would adjust herself in her seat and then speak as well "I see what you are saying here so you want my help because I have power and I know what to do with it and you think a partnership would be beneficial to the both of us?" Thalia would finish speaking and pick up the Holopad smiling at it before deleting the picture "We wouldn't want that picture getting out now would we?

[member="Scarlett"]

After [member="Thalia Kaia"] explained it all Scarlett nodded "That's basically the whole idea. Think about it though. Your resources. My skills. Our two minds put together. We'd be in a fine start. Of course I have other candidates in mind. Other partnerships to make. This operation can't be too small after all. But, if it pleases you, I can ensure your name never becomes connected with me or my other associates. If ever I'm discovered or caught, highly unlikely as that is, you'll be in the clear. They'll never have to know about a thing."

"I will think about that offer but as far as the name goes I could just go by a call by" She said thinking of how to keep them both out of trouble "And as far as the partnership I am in." She would stick her hand out waiting for Scarlett to shake it

[member="Scarlett"]

Scarlett nodded at her first remark before hearing her accept. She could not help but grin before reaching out, taking her hand in hers and giving a strong but quick shake before recoiling it. "Thank you, Senator. Or perhaps I should just call you... 'The Benefactor'." After saying that it seemed a fitting code-name for her to keep her identity clear form any of the connections.

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

"It's enough to let anyone who asks for who you are not to ask any further. Trust me. Code names are enough if they sound scary. And the name 'Benefactor' is enough to keep anyone from guessing that in reality it's a sweet, little politician like you." She couldn't help but take more desert at this point before saying "My word. These are so good."

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

"And now the senator not only agrees to joining with a notorious thief but she buys her dinner as well. I'm beginning to like you." She smiled before standing up and joining [member="Thalia Kaia"] to wherever it was they would dine. Halfway there however she removed her iconic hat and coat to reveal a formal black dress with matching heels underneath. "I'd prefer to keep a low profile when I'm not working." she explained. "I'm sure you understand."

"Of course I understand though I can't really keep a low profile" She said notating to her blue hair. "If you will excuse me" She would slip into a different room and changed into a short dress and heels and placed her beanie on to cover her blue hair to keep a lower profile. She would then return "Now shall we?"

[member="Scarlett"]

Scarlett nodded and waited for her to return. When she did she nodded in approval both at her change in appearance and for going on to their table. The place seemed the sort of fancy restaurant where one would find the richer sorts of the galaxy. While she'd never been in a place like this herself Scarlett was good at acting as though she was. The less anyone was able to pick up on her origins the better.

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

As they walked into the restaurant they got a seat immediately which pleased the Senator. Once they were seated she would look at the menu and try to decide "So what do you think of our little planet here?"

[member="Scarlett"]

Sitting down and looking around Scarlett was soon to answer "Quaint. A little too uneven for my like though. A nice place to visit though not a place I'd retire to. I need somewhere warm and with a beach. Like all thieves do."

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom