Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recycling is Good for you! --- No really it is!!!!!!!

Time: 14:32
Theme: horror-thriller

James stared out from his view port, a cigarette smoldering between his lips. The asteroids floated harmlessly around the massive rock his scanners had detected. In his efforts to establish SocMin Fed as a galactic entity, James had begun to search the galaxy for more places to mine materials. Places to extract the raw galactic building blocks and sell them at a fair price. His efforts unmasked the phrik in the Roche asteroids. Bellow him was a base. One that he could salvage and use to fund his less than legal actions.

His scanners indicated that there was nothing wrong with this place, everything seemed to be in order and no life forms were onboard. He just couldn't figure out what was the problem.

For added security he called in a few new associates. Yes they would get a sizable piece of the operation, 15% each and an equal sized portion of the first few months mining run. It was a win win for everyone.

His Lost Angel descended slowly, loaded with replacing mining supplies. His ship docked in the empty, silent bay. As the thrusters came to rest he ventured down the loading ramp, slug thrower rifle in hand. There was something about the that made his skin crawl. He glanced across the atrium like landing bay. It was quiet. Too quiet, the only noise was James breathing and the echo of dripping water from somewhere in the cavernous mining center that had been built in this asteroid. The others needed to get here soon, he decided. The sooner they had this place up and running the better.

In the message calling for their assistance he sent them a message indicating what work had to be done:
-the mineshaft needs a new control terminal
-the main power generator needs a new cooling system.
-the main turboshaft needs a new set of cables
-the deflector shields needed to be replaced before they gave out sooner than later.

He mentally added that the reason for abandonment needed to be discovered.............

[member="James Justice"]

Fifteen percent of an operation was a good haul, and a business connect was even better. Despite being a straight smuggler, Jack was opening up his operations and possibilities. When Zorlac had tossed him a bone after the last run, he'd rushed to take it, trying pay off the greedy little Hutt. For the most part he was good, only five thousand credits to go.

Maybe it would be easier to shoot him, but he needed more work, and Zorlac was his only connect.

Cept this James Justice Fellow.

Once he'd contacted Jack on a commlink handed off via Courrier he was already on it. He was handling the Control Terminal part. It was locked in tight in the back of Kessels Pride, which was touching down just now beside his would be employers vessel. As the reverse thrusters fired Jack and Dak, his scrawny first mate from Dantooine were already moving.

The spacer scooped up his Antique blaster rifle and slung it over his shoulder, moving down the ramp with Dak in tow.

And there he was, James Justice.

"Thats him?"

"Yeah, just keep it quiet squirt, let the adults handle the business alright?"

"Yeah you got it skip."

The pair walked across the pad, coming up just behind the man.

"Oya mate. You James?" Jack asked in a gruff tone.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

James nodded, glad to have a welcome removal of worry for..... Whatever was out there. His Jedi friends like Ryn would have probably called it a premonition but all James knew was he had a bad feeling about this.. It was too late now, they were here and he sure wasn't going to miss this type of oportunity.

He extended his hand with a charismatic smile, shaking off the worry. "Captain James, aye that's me. Appreciate ye being punctual," he said with a nod. If things panned out he could think of a few more occasions to hire this fellow out.. Most likely in his style of prefered work. Justice Shipping always needed more reliable pilots.

"When the others be getting here we can line out the specifics of getting this work done," he chucked and offered his fellow a fresh cigarette. "Have any trouble finding the place?" he asked in a half joking tone.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

[member="James Justice"]

Trouble finding the place. Jack was tempted to scoff. He never had trouble finding any place really, unless he was knocked out cold. His signature skill was his saving grace. A skill his mother had passed down to him through the bloodlines of the Raxis family. They spanned four generations of pilots, and rumor had it a Raxis always found a way around. Even on land he was veritable pathfinder.

"No not at all actually. I have a knack for uh.... finding places."

Jack ran hand through his greasy hair and watched as James lit his cigarette. The guy seemed the part, and he had something about him. Something Jack couldn't quite place. The force maybe? Eh that was hokey tradition.

"So James, tell me more about yourself. What exactly is your trade?"

Dak was nearby drawing a sketch of the area.

Silly kid, Sketches don't make money.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

James chucked and waved his hand dismissively. "Ah I don't do much of the trading meself. I mainly serve as the middle man. Passing jobs to trades like ye and me from the bigger buggers," he explained casually. It was a simple explaination for a complex CEO who specialized in smugling and piracy. However those skilled on the subtleties of the trade, the spacer knew, would catch it.

"I am in the training business as well mind ye," he added with a wink. "I train for empires, firms, corperations, mercenaries--i give them soldiers slicers, and pilots. Now I be entering the material business. Raw materials. I already have a hold on durasteel and phrik, well that I can't pass up."

James released a cloud of smoke. "Some could even call me 'the Kingmaker' but I prefer the 'Peoples criminal' personally," he chucked with a wink. "If ye ever need more employment, feel free to give me a shout. We always be needing more men who know how to get places."

[member="James Justice"]

So he was a recruiter? And a job hawker. Jack could work with that. He was already liking this Justice fellow, even if he spoke funny. Way too funny to be understood clearly if you didn't have an ear for Jargon. He wanted to ask what kinda businesses he was associated, but that would be rude, and frankly if it had anything to do with the slaving going on lately in the Rim? He didn't want to know.

"Here's my Cryptnet number. Give me a shout when you pick up any smuggling runs. I specialize in moving things from place to place, undetected."

The platform was very barren. Jack decided it was time to eat and kicked over a nearby empty crate taking a seat. His hands fumbled around in his belt and he produced a dehydrated ration. The other hand poured a bit of water over it and it expanded, giving him a nice loaf of bread. Hmm bread.

"Whens the rest getting here?"

[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="James Justice"]

15% of a big mining operation would be great. Great enough for me to, with one or two more works, buy a new ship because seriously, Rustbox would blow one of these days. Hyperspace travels always made it shake like it was being struck by millions of tiny asteroids who could do no harm but annoy me. The metal creaking here and there made me almost go paranoid, screaming "Please, please, please, do not blow, do not blow, please, please, please!". I swear, it's not easy, I am almost becoming a religious man. I seriously lost the count of how many times I've prayed with the fervor of a hundred monks in fasting. The good thing is: I was there, safe and sound.

The damned Rustbox descended almost like a literal box, too fast, but could not crash in the end, holding up its own weight and landing almost perfectly, with a strong metal creak. Turned off the engines and the main controls, grabbed my pistol and the disruptor sniper only, as I saw no use for the anti-tank yet. I've just left it there on its box, still sealed. But before leaving, I grabbed a few cable coils and put them over my left shoulder, as the Justice Man stated that they needed. It was all I could get with my credits - almost zero.

So I finally left the ship throught the loading ramp with the sniper on my hands, but on a passive instance, with its tip facing the ground direction, but holding it with firm grip in both hands. The aura of the place was... Strange. You didn't needed to be a force user to get that, since it was too silent. I've heard the voices of a two men, who I proably interrupted by my arrival. "One of them should be the Justice man" I thought to myself, as I walked in their direction and the ramp moved up, closing any entrance to the ship.

As I got close, I noticed that the two men shared some resemblances, such as similar hair, clothings, styles... Maybe it was something common between smugglers and space scoundrels. My clothes - or myself in a whole - were pretty shabby, so I always felt myself a kind of behind those veterans outlaws. Well, not exactly outlaws, but... You got it, right? Anyway, as I got close enough, I raised my left hand - the one not on the rifle's grip - to make a simple wave. Quickly moved it back to the gun right after.

- Well, hey. Which one is the Justice man? I brought some cables. - I said, moving the left hand away from the rifle, as the right moved it up, leaning it on my right shoulder, with its tip now glancing at the skies. The left hand grabbed the cables, holding it casually right in front of my body, for whoever was the Justice man take it. - By the way, I'm Dave. Nice to meet you two. - I said, completing with a simple smile.

My curious eyes - almost hidden beneath my hoodie at this time - looked around in a concerned manner. Something was odd. It was like the famous "calm before the storm".

The spacer chuckled. He had been called many things in many languages but this one was creative. "I be the James man, Dave it be a pleasure to meet ye." he tucked the business card in his jacket and motioned to the other spacer, "this here be Jack. I suppose we can begin our work while the others be on their way."

James reached into his pockets and dug out a key card for each of them, tossing them to his new compatriots. "those should get ye anywhere through this place. Keep in contact on the comms.

"If ye two can run ahead to the main control and confirm that the damage is only as bad as me first droid scan we can begin our work. The scans indicated no life forms but," the spacer didn't want to say he felt spooked. That was discreditable. It was fool hearty. Most wouldn't acknowledge the gut feelings of anyone, even a spacer like him who had it proven time and time again. Instead he said, "Ye can never be too sorry or careful in a place like this. Thar be many deadly things in this galaxy that don't have a pulse. As soon as the others get here I be good to follow and begin working on the main drive shaft of the drill."

The spacer gave them a good luck nod and looked around. The place had the archaic feel of a galatic empire mining operation long ago abandoned. James could only wonder how long it had waited here to be claimed by another set of prospectives like those he had called together.

[member="David Abarth"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]

[member="David Abarth"] [member="James Justice"]

Jack could feel the guys unease. When he started talking about hings with no pulses, Jacks stomach nearly flipped over. Could only mean one thing to him. Droids.

Greeeaaatttt, He thought. Jack hated droids, he was terrified of the prospect of sentient metal hunks running around. Eh.

For a second he wanted to back out. But he was no coward, and Dak was a better shot than him. Plus they had this other bloke, whom he had yet to introduce his own self too. So he extended his hand and turned to David.

"Names Raxis, Captain Jack Raxis of the Kessels Pride."

Dak was gathering his things and checking his twin Westars. He was a smart kid and was already guessing the next move.

"Alright Dak, you first. Youngest goes."

Dak cracked a massive grin, and drew both of his shiny toys. Jack gave his rifle the obligatory lever action pump to lock a tibanna gas cartridge into the chamber. It was old, but the shots were heavy. Real heavy. Done preparing Dak lead the way, snatching the key card and sliding it on the door. It whooshed back and Jack was right behind him, rifle still over the shoulder.

PRIMUS' ship, The Brick, came into view and prepared to land. It was a YV-929 armed freighter, and it lived up to both its classification and its given name. It was more of a gunship than freighter really, covered in cannons blasters and even two missle launchers, and it was brick red and rectangular. The landing gear extended and the ship landed more gracefully than it appeared it could. The ship itself seemed in good order, with just a few unpainted panels. The hull opened up and the boarding ramp extended with gas spitting from the sides.

And as if to answer [member="Jack Raxis"]' fear, PRIMUS stepped out of the ship. The 200cm/6 and a half foot tall droid clanked down the ramp in a high collared armorweave longcoat that matched the color of his ship.

[mood]/interested.

PRIMUS turned to the three men standing in the hangar, his eyes glowing purple in the dim half-light, and raised an arm hailing them. "One of you is [member="James Justice"] I presume?" PRIMUS made his approach toward the men, the flaps of his coat swishing as he walked. "I am Prototype Real Intelligence Military Unit System, designation P.R.I.M.U.S. I received your requests. I have some rudimentary knowledge of cooling systems, so I may be of assistance there." PRIMUS arrived where they were standing and extended his hand to shake as his protocols dictated.

[member="David Abarth"]

Well, this was picking up faster than James had counted on. He shook the robot's hand and gave a grin, "I be James, thank ye. I like ye spunk and willingness to get down to it. Aye, if ye want to get down to that that'd be dandy as a plum, mate."

The spacer motioned for Dave to come along. If the other person ended up getting here, well they would have to play catch up. Perhaps traffic had been brutal or the inevitable asteroids had slowed them down. Either way, he was not going to lollygag around this base. It was giving him the creeps and he was eager to begin getting that phrik flowing. He waved Dave closer and hefted a bag onto his shoulder, "Mate, ye and I will begin working our way to the mining area. We will replace the control terminal and use them cables to get the turboshaft up and running again."

The spacer led ahead with a feigned comfort. His cigarette smoldered from between his lips as he continued his path down the hallway. Water dripped from a few pipes where coolant should have come from. The lighting was dark, except where the flashlight clutched in the man's hands illuminated. The air was crisp, and relatively low in oxygen. It gave James the chills, to say the least. His jaw was set in a tight clench as his eyes scanned the area relentlessly. At last they reached the entrance to the turboshaft. James gave a wave of his hand for Dave like a social grace.

"If ye do not mind me good man," he said with nervous humor.

[member="P.R.I.M.U.S."]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="David Abarth"]

[mood]/default.

"Affirmative." PRIMUS stalked off towards the piping and began sealing up smaller leaks with the welder on his built in multi-tool with the business like precision only seen in droids. Occasionally, PRIMUS would come across a section of pipe too damaged to weld. For these, he pulled out his vibroknife and cut out clean sections of pipe that would need to be replaced. PRIMUS was not a repair droid, but he did have his own cooling systems and the knowledge of how to repair them. His AI was also extremely advanced rather than Artificial Intelligence he was a prototype programmed with RI, real intelligence, this allowed PRIMUS to not only learn, but to innovate and extrapolate. and so he continued to set about his task. recording measurements of each section that he cut from the pipes and their location in his memory. The bright white of his eyes illuminating his work as he went further and further along the pipes, welding and cutting and measuring and recording.

[member="James Justice"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="David Abarth"]

Thalia already knew what she would do with her cut of this job if they pulled it off. She thought about how she would find away no matter what she had something big planned for this money. She had piloted the Kyozist to their meeting spot. Once it came into view she started to get a little nervous this was the biggest operation she had ever been a part of but she knew she was ready for it.

"Come in can anyone hear me I repeat this is The Kyozist come in."

[member="P.R.I.M.U.S."]
[member="James Justice"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]

James pressed his ear piece in, the last person of his rag-tag crew was here. Great, that would work for him.

The spacer took a step away from the turboshaft, "Mate, ye came in at just the right time! We just be getting started, ye are clear to land, and we will be expecting ye," he ended the line and turned to resume his work, but a shadow out of one of other halls branching from here caught his eye.

It had moved. He saw it, he was sure of it. The spacer took a halting step forward. No, of course not, he shook himself. He had just been a little... loopy, that was all. The atmosphere had to be playing tricks on him, and of course the lighting too. Right. He shook his head and scorned himself inside for being so jumpy. He had been in worse than this, he needed to shape up and fly right. He had been through pure hell and came back without a scratch on him. But in light of things, he had to be gentle on himself. He knew he was just a few inches from a mental break down inside--his business had almost literally been torn apart by Rose Blade. Then there was also--

He shook himself. Work. The best cure--all.

As the spacer moved back to his work, a figure did creep out of the shadows towards him. Its tall metallic body was surprisingly quiet. The bipedal form came in a halting gate towards the man. The visage of its head was battered and scarred, the orange-red beady photoceptors glared out coldly. A bundle of loose wires hung from its left shoulder, from the right its one good arm was stretched out, the blade-tipped fingers curled in a cold grasp. As it shuffled into the light, the metal of its body became clear. Phrik.

A single word came out form its worn vocabulator. Worn, aged but still operable enough for one word, "Kill."

[member="Thalia Kaia"]
[member="P.R.I.M.U.S."]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="David Abarth"]

I spaced out for a few moments, but soon realized what I should do. I shook their hand, P.R.I.M.U.S.' hand and followed the Justice man to our job. I followed him to the turboshaft, while firmly holding my sniper rifle with both hand, ready to shoot at anything hostile. The walk wasn't long, but seemed like an eternity. It was cold, the air was strange and the atmosphere was tense. It was like something would jump right from the corner trying to kill both of us. But we courageously went to the turboshaft entrance, where he gestured for me to enter. I nodded, but as I was going to enter, he taked to someone through the comms. "New workers?" I thought to myself, shrugging. But I stopped when I saw him looking back, waiting for something.

- Did you see something? - He tried to ignore, but a few moments later, something really came towards us. I stepped out from the entrance and went to his side, glancing at that metallic thing. It was quiet, worn but still wanted... To kill us? At least it was simply meelee, I could take it down from this distance. I imediately bent down, touching the ground with my right knee, as my left one was supporting my left elbow, giving me precision to target the droid's head. I pulled the lever to load one projectile into the barrel, with a load "Chak-chak". My right index finger was touching the trigger, ready to swiftly pull. - Should I take it down?

I know, it was not THAT far. But the sniper was on my hands, it was the swiftest thing I should do to protect us.

[member="James Justice"]
[member="Thalia Kaia"]
[member="P.R.I.M.U.S."]
[member="Jack Raxis"]

[member="James Justice"]​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​
[member="P.R.I.M.U.S."]​
[member="David Abarth"]​
------------------------------------------------​

They were a bit lost. Despite Jack being a natural at navigating pretty much anyhting with his mind, he couldn't quite figure out this maze. There was tons of turns, lifts and blocked hallways. Determination burned inside him as they rounded another corner,except something was different here. He felt an instincive reaction to level his blaster rifle out.

"Dak hold up, I got a bad feeling about this."

"You always say that ebfore something crazy happens. Can you can it for once?"

Half torn between his desire to slap the upstart youth in the back of the head and keep his blaster level Jack paused and looked down the hall. The lights were barely on, a testament to the stations long period of neglect. Some of the debris from the ancient battle of Roch was still there too, piled in scrap heaps about the dull steel bulkheads.

But it wasn;t droids Jack feared now. It was the lving. Malevolence was in this place. How he knew he could not describe, just that he felt an instinctive need to flee or hide.

And his fears weere answered as a lone horn sounded throughout the station, ringing in his ears nearly deafening. The sound traversed every hallway, bouncing from top to bottom. It was the sound of doom. A sound Jack recognized all too well from his time in the Rim.

"Kark, Reavers!"

And as if in answer to his reply the bulkhead slib open and from them poured the beasts. Twisted maniacal pirates that hailed from space far from civiliized systems. They ate flesh, made fingerbone necklaces and stiched the kins of their enemies into garments. And suddenly they were everywhere, swarming the ntire station!

"Run kid!" He roared over the bloodsthristy screams of beasts. With a swift action Jack managed to get off two rounds, pumping the beams dead center into the mob and grabbed Dak by the back of his shirt. He took off running for the lift as the hallway began to fill with the wretched, fetid Reavers. They needed a more defensible posistion...

[mood]/default.

PRIMUS heard the horn echo through the mine. He dropped what he was doing and did a thermal scan of the area around him. On the edge of his scanning range, PRIMUS picked up life signatures that had not been there before. Why had these not been detected before? perhaps the complex labyrinth of tunnels combined with the mineral composition of the asteroid blocked the scanner's ability to detect them.
[mood]/interested.
PRIMUS stalked back to the hangar where some of his weapons were. His scanners detected a few of the lifeforms in the hangar. PRIMUS' heavy footfalls echoed through the tunnel. He was not trying to be stealthy. The tails of his longcoat flapped behind him as he jogged back to the hangar. When he arrived, he was greeted by the sight of a group of filthy looking humanoids, five of them, who were waiting for him. He noted a look of...what was it? [mood]/confused. Ah. disappointment upon seeing PRIMUS. Was it because he was a droid? Their disappointment quickly turned to anger and the group of five let out primal, guttural yells and screeches.
[mood]/default.>combat protocol initiated.
PRIMUS took aim with his wrist blaster with his right arm, and the readied the vibroknife in his left hand. "All threats will be terminated." The group charged at PRIMUS with clubs and swords and axes made from sharpened scrap metal. One of them had a crude slug thrower and opened fire.

PRIMUS leaned to the side dodging the first shot and planted a blaster bolt right in the eye of the one leading the charge. He slumped onto his face mid run. A scrawny shirtless primitive swung his axe at PRIMUS' head with a screech. PRIMUS ducked under and surged upward within the creature's guard and planted his vibroknife under the man's chin, reducing his screech to a gurgle.

A slug pinged off the side of PRIMUS' head as it grazed his duroplast plating leaving a shining silver dented streak where the round scraped the paint off. The sound rang loud in the empty hangar. PRIMUS turned to the reaver with the gun and jumped, flipping over the other two melee fighters. PRIMUS landed with a deafening clang as all 265 pounds of killing machine landed on the hangar floor right next to the reaver gunman. A look of fear swept over the animal's filth covered face as he looked up at six and a half feet of metallic death. The look remained frozen on his face even as his head tumbled through the air, freed from his shoulders with a snik of the droid's vibroblade.

PRIMUS then faced off with the other two. One a woman, at least PRIMUS thought it might be a woman, with a dingy red mohawk and teeth filed to points wielding a crude machete. The other a mountain of a man with shoulders like rocks, a face that looked like beaten leather and a corpulent gut that shook with each step he took. This one wielded a club that appeared to be made of a droid's arm. The two circled around PRIMUS wary of his wrist blaster. PRIMUS shot at her, and with a shrill scream, she dodged and jumped swinging at PRIMUS with her blade. PRIMUS moved to dodge her counter strike when he was sent flying sideways by a club strike from the giant with a squeal of bending metal as the blow crushed some of the durasteel servos in PRIMUS' upper right arm. The full weight of PRIMUS' heavy body slammed to the ground and some servos in his left leg were damaged by the fall. The leg was still functional though. Before PRIMUS could get up he sensed the approach of the large man through his motion sensors. PRIMUS rolled onto his back and blocked the suet-like man's blow with his vibroblade. The club was'nt even scratched. The droid arm was made of phrik! The disgusting slob grinned sadistically, revealing a smile with no teeth other than a few molars and three sharpened incisors. PRIMUS planted a boot in the man's gut knocking him back with a grunt. He threw his knife end over end at the machete wielding banshee. The blade sunk hilt-deep in her chest.

The fat one bellowed in rage. He charged PRIMUS, who was now on one knee and had a free left hand. PRIMUS drew his Cleanser Mk I trench pistol from its holster on his left leg and fired point blank, center mass at the stampeding creature. He stopped dead, his advance halted by the sonic blast. Seven smoking holes in his torso from the maser blast spread. He looked down and with a whimper, collapsed.

PRIMUS got up and limped over to the dead female and pulled out his blade. He then turned and limped over to his ship and opened the hatch.
Upon entering PRIMUS began gathering weapons. "It appears another job takes precedence over coolant repairs."

[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="David Abarth"]
[member="James Justice"]
[member="Thalia Kaia"]

James turned around and saw the mechanical freak hulking towards him. Then he heard the pandemonium beginning to break out and the hellish freaks begin to purveyed the halls.

"What the Fething hells?" James shouted as he pulled his slugthrower to bear, "Fire mate, take it down if ye can."

The turboshaft began to clatter and rattle with activity, the spacer looked down, his Force Sight granting him vision into the dark briefly. More of the freaks were beginning to climb their way up, their auras in the force appearing like dark smudges of soot on a glass window. James felt his heart sink as he pulled his rifle to bear and blasted a spray of lead into one of the being's shoulders. It fell back with a screech, back into the abyss it came from.

"And it started out as such a nice day," James muttered, pumping his second shot into the chamber.

Another blast caught one in the forehead, its lifeless corpse brought one behind it down with a blood-curling scream down into the bowls of hell. But they were gaining speed faster than James could fire. His next shot ripped a hole through one's leg, it halted in its place, screaming in agony. The mate behind it, impatient, dispatched his friend with a knife slice. He leaped up at the spacer, eyes burning with bloodlust. James instinctively brought the butt of his weapon up in a heavy blow. The foe's face crushed inward with a sicken crack before it fell back and shattered what was left of its skull on the duracrete wall. Blood splattered everywhere, even on James' leather jacket, face, and shirt.

"Feth, this was my lucky shirt," he muttered before activating his wrist com, "Mate, we got company on the 'shaft. Got it secure for now, but I dun't know for how long. Carry on, but with caution. Ye copy?"

[member="P.R.I.M.U.S."]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="David Abarth"]
[member="Thalia Kaia"]

[member="James Justice"] [member="P.R.I.M.U.S."] [member="David Abarth"] [member="Thalia Kaia"]

Jack was none too enthused about the tattling of the lift as it climbed upwards. He had slung the blaster rifle in a sheath at his back switched solely to his word. The weapon he was most versatile in. As the lift Dinged Dak stumbled out first into the embattled hallway. The kid was a natural shot, pegging crackshots into faces and limbs, leaving a trail off blasted bodies as he sprinted towards where the group was.

Jack was not far behind, Besk'ad flashing as he aimed multiple spears into the masses of the enemy. Two quick strikes with the Bes'kad left twin holes that sprayed violent ichor in the back of one reaver. Another attacked with a pipe, and he ducked, snapping his off hand up to catch the forearm of the Reaver.

"Yaargh!"

Two hundred pounds of muscles twisted and exploded, driving the reaver into the wall full force, and the sound of a few ribs cracking echoed through the halls like a slugthrowers crack. Jack snarled, delivering a killing blow into the wounded Reaver. One straight through the gut, then the blade retracted and he pierced upwards, ramming the blade through the bottom its jaw and up through it's head.

There was no doubt they would be overrun soon. A sort of defensive circle had formed, the heroes against the terrors of the deep. Dak behind him Jack held the Bes'kad straight out, point on guard. There was a ring of steel as his left hand grabbed the fighting knife from his holster near the small of his back.

He flipped the fighting knife end over end, and turned it into a reverse grip, cocking back the arm.

"Looks we we're outnumbered. We can fight our way to the controls and get em fixed. Two of us hold the doors, and then we vent the whole damn lot of em into space!"

[mood]/irritated.

PRIMUS switched on his comm and opened his channel to the others. "This is PRIMUS. It appears this mine is not so abandoned. I have returned to my ship for weapons. I recommend regrouping here in the hangar and conducting an exterminating sweep of the facility as a group. I will hold here and keep the hangar clear." PRIMUS got up and went to the mechanical bay of his ship. He could leave his leg alone, but he needed to get his arm working again if he was to complete this mission.

PRIMUS called to his galley cook and first mate, Cookie, "Cookie! Get our shields up and work the blasters. Fire at any hostiles and keep the hangar clear for when our comrades return!" From down the hall the Toydarian called, "Aye Captain! Imma gonna keep this bay safe enough to sleep in. Don't you worry eh!" PRIMUS turned back to his arm. He unscrewed the cracked duroplast outer panel on his arm and threw it in a bin to be repaired later. He had to wrench out some of the bent servos. the joint motor was in decent shape, just a little scratched. He set about replacing the parts that needed to be replaced, opening this drawer and that grabbing parts and tools as he waiting for responses on his comm. Hopefully the others were still alive. The occasional blast accompanied by a sadistic chuckle told PRIMUS that Cookie was doing his job.

[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="James Justice"]
[member="David Abarth"]
[member="Thalia Kaia"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom