Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruiting day

Hoylin... it wasn't a planet that McKenna would go to willingly, however she had very little choice in the matter when her A-Wing was running low on fuel. So she stopped, while her fighter was being fueled she would head toward a quaint cantina. Upon stepping inside the Cantina all eyes were on the small girl, she was quite beautiful but she was not one to flaunt it.

She stepped up to the bar and ordered a drink before having a seat in a booth toward the back.

[member="Keira Cerdulan"]

It was always hard not to notice Keira, for what she lacked in sheer physical strength and size she made up for in personality. Loud, maybe obnoxious, and evidently fearless by the rough lot she chose to surround herself with. A handful of drinks down, as was the usual nights when things got boring. She spat out one of her many tall-tales, a mixture of truth and pure fabrication to add that level of fame and infamy to her presence. She had earned both, to a small extent. Merely depended where in the Galaxy you stood at the time.

"-Launched a whole paycheck of ordinance into that thing! And that's how I killed a whole pirate gang in the Cauldron Nebula. While hungover."

As always, improbable but not totally impossible. Such was the theme of all her tall tales...occasionally slurred tall tales. Keira's life was a sad and adventurous one, and with that came a plethora of things few people in the Galaxy could truly experience.

[member="McKenna Rory"]

McKenna had already downed her drink by the time that the short girl heard the loud dialogue going on. She looked over to see where all the ruckus was coming from. Upon laying eyes on the woman she knew that she was hyping herself up to those around her either too dumb or too drunk to realize it. However McKenna sensed some truth to what was being said, so maybe she was partly telling the truth.

McKenna would stand, which would actually lower the girls line of sight a few inches from her seated position. She moved toward the woman still listening closely to all things around her.

Keira continued on her elaborate tall tales, be it missions with the Fighters Guild that had questionable authenticity, fighting with Imperial officers, escapades as a pirate, but most of all it came down to Corellia:

"Damn straight I fought at Corellia! Lost my whole squadron too. Mandalorian rats ripped em' to shreds."

She hid her bitterness well, but anyone with a keen eye and less booze in their system could've seen it. It was hard losing the long dead Mastiff Squadron, and the toll was still felt on the ex-Imperial. The newly formed Void Mastiffs did something to ease the gaping hole left, but it wouldn't ever be quite the same as a bunch of ex-criminals who only could be unified under the fear of summary execution.

[member="McKenna Rory"]

McKenna could tell that the woman before her was extremely bitter about losing her old unit, but she could also hear hope in her voice. It was at this point the extremely short girl stepped forward, she then spoke "I would like to hear more about your piloting escapades, I have some tales of my own" upon saying this the small redhead with a blaster on her hip stepped to the front of the crowd so she could be seen.

So another one stepped to the fold, the unimpressive little Corellian looked at the newcomer with some boredom. Yeah, exploits, sure. Most people said they did, but they all felt dull at the end of the day.

[SIZE=11pt]“What are ya’ trying to here? Pirate? Imp? Merc? Got a whole lotta stories, shorty.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Ironic, considering Keira was far from tall, or physically imposing, growth seemed to have been stunted by one thing or another.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][member="McKenna Rory"][/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom