Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reclaiming Our Heritage (TJO Padawan Mission)

Shaw McKeller

The Demon of Concordia
Shaw stood at the base of the ramp leading up to the inside of the Baas training vessel. Before him stood the individuals who'd signed on for what should be a simple and easy mission: Retrieving a few items of historical value for the Jedi Order.

It was a simple enough task and one that he felt wouldn't take long, but, as in all things, there was always a chance things would get interesting.

The tall Jedi stood in brown habit and breeches, though his hood was down. He wore his armored boots out of habit and comfort, but the rest of his armor was inside and in its case, just in case he needed it. Jag'kyramud was attached to his back, though his shield was with the rest of the armor.

"Thank you all for coming," he stated to the group before him. "And I apologize for the delay. Today, we're setting out for Tatooine to retrieve an artifact of historical importance to the Jedi. The item is one of many, but the first we've found so far. They're called the Heritage Tapestries and they each depict a great moment or event in the history of our Order. We're hoping to retrieve this one and, with luck, any others we can find. Is everyone ready? Are there any questions?"

[member="Kian Karr"]
[member="Anarya Drast"]
[member="Ellain Hadrin"]
[member="Asher"]

Ellain walked slowly and remained silent, her right hand touching her left arm, a appendage that was nothing mroe than a machine now as she had lost most of it on Alderaan, just as her left leg shared the fate as its paired arm. She had lost none of her spirit though and the injuries only made her more open with a certain ability as she had had her arm and leg, the robotic ones, made in such a way that they would adapt with her own shapeshifting, most notably when she used her shapeshifting to take the form of a large canine, now with razor sharp claws that would appear from the otherwise normal robotic appendage. She stuck by her master though and looked at him for a moment, the man, [member="Kian Karr"], standing there and having saved her from experimentation by Sith.

[member="Shaw McKeller"]

[member="Shaw McKeller"], [member="Ellain Hadrin"], [member="Anarya Drast"], [member="Asher"]

Kian Karr approached the vessel with his padawan, [member="Ellain Hadrin"], at his side. Kian glanced at his padawan for a moment his heart sank as he noticed her feeling her arm. They had both been charged with defending the Medical Facility on Alderaan when the One Sith had invaded...and they had failed. Worse then that, Kian had failed to protect his padawan from a Sith Lord and the result had been the loss of a leg and an arm. Kian was glad that they had some time to recover on a mission that seemed to be far less dangerous.

"How are you Ellain?" Kian asked. Continuing to walk steadily they came before the vessel and the leader of the expedition. Kian had not had much opportunity to meet Jedi Knight [member="Shaw McKeller"] but what he knew of the man he liked. They had both been present at the Invasion of Empress Teta and though the invasion had failed, Kian had heard of McKeller's actions there.

"Greetings Shaw," Kian said raising his hand in front of him in greeting. "I am Kian Karr and this is Ellain Hadrin." Kian said, unsure if his padawan had met the man or not. Kian wore his typical outfit in preparation for the trip, a dark green tunic and dark green pants covered by a charcoal grey cloak and hood. The black and grey hilt of his lightsaber hung on his belt at easy access and he had a small travel bag packed.

[member="Kian Karr"]

"Im fine master... just getting used to the new limb." Once more she glanced at the hand, not even bothering to have had it covered and made to look the least bit human, instead it was a metal creation that crawled from what had been left of her arm and she closed each finger slowly, once more testing it. "Oh and sorry, im Ellain Hadrin master Shaw." She looked back and bowed quickly, her eyes at the floor for a moment before standing straight.

Anarya walked slower these days, her mind focusing on things other than the world around her. She still worried about what would come to pass if the words she had said and all that she had seen. But she could do nothing. She would see the Council in a few days for help, but until then, she would be on her own to puzzle it out and try and be at peace.

Seeing [member="Kian Karr"] was a bit of a relief, but the knight was with someone else. He didn't know who. But she called him master.... Kian had a padawan? Already?

"Am I always late?" she muttered to herself. She hadn't been on Alderaan, having been stuck recovering from her wounds on Ossus and training on Rhen Var. She could walk now, and she was here. That counted for something, right?

"Padawan Drast, here and ready."

[member="Ellain Hadrin"] [member="Shaw McKeller"]

Matreya

Asher walked briskly beside Crystal, his recently found Master. Both were in their own different forms, Asher a darker skinned male of average height with dazzling golden eyes, while Crystal was a petite bourbon brown with her ever present blue eyes. Over his body he wore a simple tunic, and his cloak, with Crystal doing the same.

Seeing all mostly new people as they arrived, he remained quiet, simply choosing to stand almost as guard to his Master. Crystal however, was hushed for a different reason, long ago she worked with the Order but during one of its many falls, had went rouge. Under his own advice, she moved back to join the core as they were now far stronger and more secure in their visions.

Thinking back on their first visit, Asher remembered how she was such a brusque individual, nearly seeming a Grey or even Dark Jedi, rather than the light hearted woman he had seen instantly. After being battered by the woman, he was finally able to get under her guard though and eventually the duo had become closer which eventually led to apprenticeship.

Bringing his mind back to the present, he recalled the reasons they were there. What better to prove his and his Master's use, and loyalty, then bringing back the history - the literal essence - of the order back to their rightful homes? He wanted nothing more than to help the galaxies now, after such a long life of battling the darkness within, and now anyway he could deem helpful in this endeavor was automatically considered with high regard.

"Well, are we traveling in a single ship, or some other arrangement? As I do not own one, nor my apprentice." Crystal asked the gathered members.

"I'm guessing single, as there is likely going to be a lot of those with lesser monetary positions showing." Asher observed. From his understandings, several Padawans would arrive, and accompany them on their journey. Sheer number alone would be an advantage, while a hindrence as well. Touching the hilt of his lightsaber, which hung from his belt, Asher thought about the probability of battles ahead. Crystal had already proven that as an offensive player, she fell far below the notch, but when it came to defense, thats where her light shone through. Manipulating energies was mostly a backup thing in the ways she used them.

"As well, is this all that is going? We heard there would be more." Asher said as he looked to his Master, then around the group once again. It wasnt as if it bothered him, for trully it didnt, but he liked sticking to layer out plans.

"Calm down Asher, the numbers wont matter. With luck we will go head to head with the tapestries, and nothing else, so we need not concern ourselves with other things."

"Master, you know I am not worried, I simply ask as consise planning is always best, and how best can I be thorough in my objectives without the fullest knowledge?" Asher inquired, a bushy eyebrow arching upward against his forehead.

"Dont be so brusque. Let the information come to you, generally, things dont go well when rushed - including planning." Crystal said, placing a hand on his forearm in a loving caress. To keep their relationship hidden, the touch was bare and quick, but he still felt it.

"My apologies." Asher said, bowing his head. He didnt want her to know it, but deep down he did actually hope to find a battle ahead of them. His practice in Form Five was less than he would like. Bearing knowledge over something, and experiencing it were entirely different things.

Sliding a hand through his short dark curly hair, Asher crouched his large form down in front of his Masters own.

[member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Ellain Hadrin"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Shaw McKeller"]

Kian turned and smiled when he saw his friend [member="Anarya Drast"] approaching. He hadn't seen her since becoming a knight and he wanted dearly to introduce her and [member="Ellain Hadrin"], his new apprentice.

"Anarya!" Kian said excitedly, "It is good to see you up and about." Anarya had been injured when Ossus had been attacked by the Sith. She had rallied the padawan's, Kian included, to a defense that had no doubt saved lives, though it had nearly cost her her own. "Allow me to introduce Ellain Hadrin, my padawan." Kian stepped aside so that the two could meet.

Then Kian's eyes were caught by others approaching. He bowed his head towards the two in greeting.

[member="Asher"], [member="Shaw McKeller"]

[member="Kian Karr"] @Asher @Anarya Drast [member="Shaw McKeller"]

Alexandra waved with her still normal hand while she pushed the second one behind her. "Hello, Ellain Hadrin, good to meet you miss Drast. I assume you and my master are friends or just you know of eachother?" she looked at Kian for a few moments, curiosity stretching on her face as she considered if the two really were friends or not. In truth it very little mattered, but she was inquisitive no matter the reason.

Shaw McKeller

The Demon of Concordia
[member="Ellain Hadrin"] [member="Kian Karr"] @Asher @Anarya Drast

"Greetings to everyone as well," Shaw said politely. "If no one has any questions, we'll get started immediately. Make sure you've brought enough gear to get you through a few days in the wilderness and to defend yourself if needed. If your missing some equipment, there should be extra in the ship. We leave in five minutes, so if you're coming, hop aboard."

With that, Shaw turned and made his way up the ramp and into the Baas. Once inside, he gave a wave to the pilots and moved towards the storage area where he'd set up a small briefing section. A small holoprojector stood on a table and a few datapads were laid out. With luck, he could brief them quickly on the way to their destination. It would be a somewhat short trip, hopefully.

That got a smile from her. Few things could cheer up someone quicker than a friend excited to see them. "I wouldn't rely on me fighting, but I can walk now." Still, it was good to be here. Nodding to [member="Ellain Hadrin"], she smiled up at her. "Yeah." she managed, a shot of pain through her back causing her to grab a conveniently nearby countertop for stability. And it was back. Everything she had tried to keep out of her head flooding back in one moment. Shocked, Anarya didn't move for a while, not responding to the outside world.
[member="Kian Karr"] @Asher @Shaw McKeller

The blaring alarm of Tugoro's clock would sound off, causing the boy to almost jump out of his bed. Rubbing his eyes quickly, the Padawan's arms would extend, sweeping across the side table of his small dorm. The alarm clock would be pushed off, falling onto the ground with a thud. The annoying noise would cease as this was done, and so began Tugoro's day. He had been sleeping and staying within his room, hardly anyone had seen him out and about. Having signed up for the retrieval mission, Tugoro would walk forward, opening a drawer in order to pull out his attire. Throwing on his tunic, the teen would begin to strap on his armor platings afterwards, before slinging a brown robe over his shoulders. The long robe would billow as he moved, walking quickly out of his room and towards the hangar.

Pressing a finger against the door's console, the brown haired lad would watch as they opened, revealing the contents of the open room. The large training vessel that was present was most definitely where they were supposed to meet. Walking forward, the teen would begin to approach the large group, casting a few casual, blank glances to the many that were around. Pulling his robe together, Tugoro would obscure his new saber from plain sight, not allowing others to catch wind of it. After his shenanigans on Ossus, he wondered how [member='Kian Karr'] would react to his presence. There was also [member="Anarya Drast"], who was another familiar face. He couldn't say the same for the others that were around. Coming to a halt, Tugoro would begin to examine the spacecraft, admiring it's build. Craning his neck to the side, he would watch as [member="Shaw McKeller"] began to board the training vessel, which meant they were departing soon. Advancing on the boarding ramp, the young Padawan would enter the craft, and take a seat on the nearest bench.

Ellain looked at the woman who had spoken to her and reached over lightly to touch the woman's shoulder. "Are you ok?" She walked around her slowly and looked at the woman's face and was careful to look at the woman with a soft expression rather than a curious one, she had no reason to pry on someone's pain, especially when she faced her own pain in the form of phantom syndrome... even if lessened by her having new limbs.

[member="Tugoro Taidarious"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Shaw McKeller"] [member="Kian Karr"]

Kian glanced anxiously at [member="Anarya Drast"] when he saw the sudden pain come over her.

"Are you alright?" Kian asked stepping to the opposite side of [member="Ellain Hadrin"]. He lifted his arm in case she needed to support herself. As he spoke he stretched out and touched her mind with his, Kian tried to use the force to ease the pain she was feeling, but was unsure if he would be successful.

"Perhaps we should get you inside." Kian said, indicating the ship. [member="Shaw McKeller"] had entered the ship and indicated that it was time for them to get going. As Kian turned toward the ship he saw his friend [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] and he nodded his head to him and indicated the ship, inviting him along. Kian hadn't seen Tugoro in some time and it would do him good to speak with his friend.

[member="Asher"]

Corvus hurried to the ship. Punctuality was normally one of her strengths but of late she'd been rushing her and there always just in time - the opportunities for being late growing more frequent.

She scanned the assembled Jedi for familiar faces. The more training she had done, the more people she knew. The tall Jedi. McKellar? And Jedi Karr was familiar. And she recognised Padawan Anarya Drast. But of all of them, she knew [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] and gave him a smile as she joined the crew. To the others she nodded politely as she made eye contact.

[member="Shaw McKeller"]

Matreya

"Tatooine huh." Asher murmured, his mind wandering to the last time he was on the desert planet. There was a battle that left with him near death, forced to lay with no arms and only a single leg, going near a month before his Electroglobin had replenished enough to heal himself. Without intending, having returned his mind to an old form he had taken, his body shifted color and form. Shortening by a few inches, lightening hair and skin to a dark brown and light punk respectively. His eyes didnt change though.

"Asher, watch yourself." Crystal commented, spotting the shift.

"Huh?" He said and noticed the new body. He hoped others hadnt noticed as he took his seat. Wrapping his cloak tighter around himself, he looked about at all the others.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Ellain Hadrin"] [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] [member="Anarya Drast"] [member="Shaw McKeller"]

Corvus had eye contact with the Padawan called Asher. She couldn't help it, he was looking around and she was looking around. Sne certainly wasn't staring and hoped he didn't think she was.

She smiled weakly and then turned her attention again to [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] - just in casde she'd made Asher feel uncomfortable by inadvertantly staring.

"Hi Tugoro. How's the saber practice coming along?"

[member="Asher"] [member="Shaw McKeller"]

Holding out an arm, the boy would spread it to his side, allowing his hand to point at a seat that was directly next to him. He would offer it to [member="Corvus Raaf"], so the two could converse while moderately comfortable. Tugoro's lips would purse into a brief smile, while listening to the female Padawan's words, his eyes focusing on her own with his emerald stare. "Hey, Corvus," the young Jedi would begin, replying to her initial greetings. He enjoyed having her as company, she seemed smart and kind, two things which the boy could appreciate.

"Been focusing on Soresu," he would explain, seeing as it was his favorite form. She shared a similar interest in the form as well, though Tugoro did not know it. "What about you? How're your techniques?" he would question, wondering how well she had improved with her abilities in the force.

Corvus moved to join her friend. Of all of the Padawan she'd met in her brief time on Ossus, she knew [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] best and would like to think of him as a friend. She didn't come here to win a popularity contest, but it was better to have people who wanted to have your back as opposed to just feeling obliged to cover for you.

"Good to hear it, but I had you figured as a Form IV or Form VII type. As for me, I'm getting there. Practice has really helped along with Master Vosra's tuition of course. And now I'm working with Master Rekali, I'm more comfortable and settling in better."

"Do you know if any others are joining us - or if this is the full complement?"

[member="Shaw McKeller"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom