Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reclaiming Family Artifacts

Jada Raxis

-Take me out, to the Black-
Space
Near Hoth

OOC: If you ever had a part in any Raxis Char story line, feel free to join. Non replies will be moved past after 24 hr grace period. This ones important to me and I'm gonna finish it.

Time went on in the galaxy, as did most of the bs surrounding the Raxis Family. It'd been quite some time since her estranged cousin and Explorer [member="Eliza Raxis"] disappeared across the stars and then had gone into the black on Enigma Prime. In fact that was the last sighting.

She kinda kept up with the family drama, but not so much. She did know one thing, the folks that were left did not deserve the things that Jack and Vassara had left behind. Nor the rest of the fam. Raze was on a weird crusade that never really panned out.

Kei, possessed by some Darth Krayt and his damn armor.

Gray, almost all but gone, still leading the last remnants of the Clan Jack had created, rebelling against Free Worlds Coalition.

But meh.....such is life.

She opened the data cube Eliza had sent her, with the first lead, and scribbled down a quick note as she conducted pre-flight checks. Then she turned on her vocoder.

[[Captains log, Jada Raxis, of the SS Quantum Cutter]]

Reviewed the logs today and found tons of stuff. Cousin Eliza has a good set of coordinates to an old planetary system that's been lost to the stars for some time. Vassara Raxis, pretty much the Matron of the once proud Raxis Family probably hid her saber there. She Passed the Coords to Jack, who passed it to Raze, whom passed them to Eliza. Whom, well if I got em you can guess what happened.

So yeah, here goes.

Force be with me.

[[Jada out.]]

She shook her head, popped another glittterstim cig between her lips and punched the throttle, raising the prow of the SS Quantum Cutter and then spearing off into the black....

Jada Raxis

Space
Near Tortuga, Uncharted system

The flight went rather quick. The SS Quantum Runner had blazed through the cosmos, and she flipped the lever, cutting off the streaks of Hyperspace. She reverted into the black, surrounded by hundreds of smaller frigates and Freighters that littered the atmosphere. This place was crawling it seemed.

Word must have gotten out over the years.

Jack had led a return trip to try and claim the planet, but they'd been rebuffed. She guessed that had a major part to do with it.

"Well then, here goes."

The SS Quantum Runner angled it's prow down, under her skillful hands and dove into the atmosphere. Soon she was flying above verdant, lush tropical canopies, broken by long yellow sandy beaches, with a mix of Emerald and sapphire waters crashing against them.

No hails. Odd

She knew exactly where she had to go. An old hutt, where Vassara had first been cursed, whilst a Witch healed her wounds sustained in battle. The tree tops burned as she dove through the canopy....

Jada Raxis

f6a20794443425e3a34008574ea96c75.jpg

WITCHES CABIN
What was left of the witches cabin was crumbling. She trudged through the loose branches and soft leaves, crunching the under her boots. Slow but steady she approached, eyes open, ears perked. She reached out with the force, ensnaring the area in a drag net, opening herself to what was around her. The haunted screams of ritual sacrifices met her ears, and apparitions ghostly blue drifted about the area.

"What in the nine hells?"

She crept closer, crouching behind a fencepost, observing the windows of the wooden structure. There was no light from within.

Must be abandoned.

From her sleeve she pulled her map, a ragged sheet of flimsi and rechecked her bearings.

This is it though.

Birds chirped in the woods, singing their siren calls. Everything here gave her the creeps, making the hairs of the nape of her neck stand rigid.

She crouched and waited, still quietly observing, letting the sounds of the wood and the force echo around her.....

Jada Raxis

WITCHES CABIN
She waited a few more moments, and then rose.

Whatever was going to happen if it was bad she had guessed would already happen. Immerse in the force she stepped forwards and took her place next to the door. But as soon as her hand touched the knob she felt her vision blur. The force was calling offering her a vision.

A vision which she took.
First the Witch enchanting her crafts, then Vassara wounded.
She breathed a small breath out and watched as the Witch cursed her.
And then the cabin was empty and the witch was dead.
Then she was disgorged into the next flowing picture on the river of the current.
The last one. Vassara's saber, being hidden by an agent looking fella with a side arm and dusty jacket. He nailed down a floorboard, dragged a rug over it, and then a dresser.

She opened the door, and stepped into the musky cabin, where abound she saw moldy curtains, and old withered herb baskets that hung from hand hewn rafters. The place made her hairs stand on end. Dark Magic was glowing in runic verses that were inscribed on the walls. Jada picked herself up a tome, and cracked it open, moving the dust from the pages with her pale fingers.

Old Dathomiri. Beyond her ability to read.

"Hmmm."

She set it back down, then turned, eyeing the rest.

Dirty table tops, rusty knives, what looked to be chicken bones and fathers in a pot.
What a strange place.....

Then she shoved the dresser aside, and ripped up the rug.

A pry of the floorboard revealed a hidden space, where her hand sunk into loose earth. Then another breath escaped her as her fingers brushed a metallic cylinder, sparking a series of force whirls within her like electric currents.

Could it be?

She pulled it free, jostling it up through the floor boards, until dirt and cobwebs fell from the pristine but grimy metal.

She held it high, examining it with a grin, then let her thumb slide over the activation switch.

A burst of orange light emerged with a snapp-hisssss, blade thrumming like an old friend. She felt it emanate a calm yet soothing force presence.

"The Force is with me today, auntie."

Alas it was just like Eliza had predicted. A rustle in the nearby trees caught her attention and she glanced through the window, then deactivated the shimmering blade. T'was now that she searched the rest of the room, scooping up an amulet of bone and wood, inscribed with runes, and the tome.

For later Examination.

Clues abound, she knew the saber was the link to the rest. Rather than be ambushed by whatever hells awaited in the woods, she sauntered out and crept back down the path, wary as she made her way to her ship....

Jada Raxis

Captains Log
CPN Jada Raxis: SS Quantum Runner

Entry # 635

Recovered the Lightsaber of the Eldest family Matron, Vassara Raxis.

Alas my path leads me to the Doorstep soon of one [member="Jorus Merrill"], whom as I understand it worked with my late aunt during the formative years of the /underground. Once she may have been a legend, but rumors now reach me about a reincarnated darkside version of her. One can only hope this is not the case. Taken off the trail for a short time by the events of the battle of Skor II. First Order dealt us a whopping blow there.

Wont discuss the details but hell.

Next target is her old vessel The Void Runner.

If he's still got it, I'd like it. In fact gonna send him a message right now. Also since most roads and clues I've gather from the datacron hidden in the pommel of my aunt's saber point towards good ol' Orrazerus; I'll be headed there next. Apparently Hammerlocks Rangers hosted her and a crew once, and they saved their bacon. Hopefully that's where another cache of her chit is hidden.

Treasure hunting is exhausting. I don't envy Eliza. Wonder if she perished on Enigma Prime for real or just went to ground and never came back.

Either way work to do and light years to travel. Engines acting up again too. Time to take her in for a tune-up.

Cap'n Raxis

Signing out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom