Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recalling The Order (Galaar)

Guilt was a very strong emotion. Even worse when you had to look that guilt in the eye and recognize it every day. Calico stood over the unmoving body of his brother, listening to the rhythmic beep of the life support machines. He set himself down in a nearby chair, hands reaching up to rub his temples. They had barely survived the events of Akala and her minions...not everyone had made it. Galaar was lucky, just barely alive because of Calico.

My fault. My brother.

He reached over and set a hand on the injured soldier's brow, making sure a pulse was still there out of habit. The machine would tell him if it was otherwise, but Calico needed to be sure. "You think Kira would think badly of me if she knew about the Order?" He mumbled to the unconscious man, not expecting an answer. It was one of the many things on his mind that found its way of coming out in the open at odd times.

"She helped save you. I care about what she thinks of me, and you. I want her to come see you soon, I'll arrange it." I want to see her too. "You remember the night, right? Operation Knightfall?" He took a moment to collect his thoughts, and began to delve into the tale....

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
19 BBY, Approximately 34 Galactic Standard Minutes Before The Infamous Order 66,
Arca Company Barracks

Galaar took his armor off piece by piece in near the 'freshers. The incredibly resistant Duraplast plates had taken a rough-housing the last few days; it had been, in Galaar's opinion the bloodiest deployment he had seen since Geonosis. Coruscant... He never thought he'd see battle on it but he just had, now he was standing on the world. This time though, they were being given two days respite in the form of re-training to a water world of some sort.

Two Days to train... And shabala Omega had three weeks. Lucky di'kuts.

That was life in the GAR as a Clone Commando, just about every day was spent on some heart-racing mission. Between them he had enough time for a full night's sleep, maybe a shower, a meal before being shipped back out to the next mission that could very well be the end of his career. Lucky days were days he got to spend in educational courses, retraining, or mundane military jobs such as: guard this Jedi General. Those were few and far between however.

Work! Work! Work! Thats all I do around here maybe I should take my boot and show the Republ-

"Calico! Ca'ika! Where are you? One my shoulder plates is haar'chak." The plate's strapping had virtually been melted to the black body suit by a stray plasma bolt. That was one thing the Commandos had to look forward to at least, their brothers and the generals they actually liked.

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

It had been a rather long night. The Seperatist attack had been random, illogical, and had started a rather big feud between himself and Visri. The Chiss woman had once been with the Seperatists, and had, at the time, tried to convince Calico to help them take the capital. He loved her, shab, he was smitten with her, but she was going to get him into trouble one day. Not to mention the fact that only Fox Squad and Rav Bralor knew of the little affair.

The Sergeant rolled his eyes at Galaar and cracked an amused little grin. "Now what did we learn?" He dug his fingers under the melted plastoid and yanked hard. "That plasma bolts aren't good for the body, remember?" The plastoid gave way, ripping from the mesh under-suit and plopping down to the floor.

Jackpot and Comic were out shopping as Comic put it. Calico guessed that they were down at that CSF bar flirting with the female officers. Comic loved doing that sort of thing. But I've got someone waiting for me. I know we never talk about it, I know it's wrong but....I want out.

"So, ner'vod, how's your buy'ce? Did the techy-droids find your explicit holo-vids yet?"

@[member="Galaar CC-252"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

"Expilicit hold-vids... You mean the records of you and Visri?"

He looked at Calico, with the biggest, dumbest, most innocent grin that could disarm nearly anyone despite how low blow the was. The clone instantly went to work tearing off the next shoulder pad before looking up at his brother. "Its a joke, ya know? I'm happy for you ner'vod."

His voice was rather hushed, he was intent on keeping it their squad's little secret. "You see Atin around? The little chakaar owes me forty creds from a bolo-ball bet... Before you ask! Don't question how we got a hold of that connection. The Ord Mantell-Coruscant game was suberb though! So... Any cafe around?"

"Those would be some pretty boring vids, di'kut. She wants to wait until I propose, and I'd like to be out of the GAR for that." The words were innocent and plain to anyone listening, but all the men knew what it meant. out meant desertion, and desertion was a death sentence. Omega hadn't been very tight lipped about those clone death squads.

"At'ika is....hmm...He should be somewhere around. Omega was called back to deal with some civil services thing, didn't get the details." Calico plopped down on his bunk and began to tare into a bag of warra nuts, courtesy of Visri. "It's not really our place to go asking about it, anyway. You know how closed off Skirata's favorites are."

The Sergeant leaned back against the wall that his bunk was connected to, and set his helmet on his head, making sure all the systems were aligned and active. "If you can find a Cafe that the Seps didn't slag, be my gue-

The helmet's speaker crackled to life. The sounds of clone soldiers going about their business in Arca all stopped at once.

"Execute Order Sixty Six."

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar's facial expression broke into a concerned, skeptical glance as Calico mentioned desertion. Galaar was originally one of Vau's before being transferred over to Bralor's little misfit group: Fox. There were quite a few things that stuck from those days, one of which was his loyalty to the Republic... It was still overwritten by his loyalty to his brothers though and above all else his loyalty to his Sergeant. "Ti gar, ner'vod." And he had just signed his own psuedo-death warrant.

"Well! I'm going to fetch 'Skirata's favorites'." Galaar turned to stride from the room when a very, very familiar phrase came out of the helmet's speakers. It was barely audible but the helmet wasn't sealed but he made the words out... Order sixty six. He reeled around almost instantly, eyes wide with worry.

"Jedi?" He grunted incredulously moving back to his bunk where his armor was neatly piled. He began to gear up rather quickly.

No! This isn't happening, they're Jedi. They protect the Republic. It has to mistake, it has to be a miss call on the order.

"Well, I can't say that this would be out of character for them." Calico mumbled, mentally thanking himself for being lazy when it came to takin off his plates. It had saved him some time. I think finding Omega is going to have to wait until after the show. Shame about the Jedi though, there's a few good ones.

The Sergeant was rather nonchalant about the whole thing. The majority of Jedi were di'kuts, and the good ones were either in the far reaches of the galaxy and safe, or had left the order in its entirety. Well, except for General Tur-Makan, but her boys would never fire on her. She was a good sort.

And Zey. I like Zey.

"What do you say we pay our CO a visit before we're tasked." The Commando put his helmet on. Comm traffic was eerily calm for people who were redesigning the GAR command structure with lethal means. "Before Maze gets to him, I mean. If the bathrobe brigade really went to assassinate Palps like the comms say, then Zey is going to have something to say against it."

In truth, Calico was trying not to panic. The Jedi's attack had been out of the blue, and to think that they would turn on the Republic was rattling. He slipped his 'Deece into its holster, sent a quick SitRep code out to Comic and Jackpot, and typed something quickly into his data pad.

"Ni kartaylir darasuum cyar'ika. Comic and Jackpot are on the town. Galaar is with me. We were given the kill order on the Jedi. They tried a coup. Don't do anything silly, I'll be around when it's all over." The message was short and sweet, just the way Calico liked it. He sent it to Visri, and stood by the door, awaiting Galaar.

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar was instantly worried about one particular Jedi: Jain Kendo. His armor was on rather quickly, even the broken shoulder pad which he had already re-fixed. "We gotta find Jain, ner'vod." His voice was but a whisper, even in the comms of their helmets. Galaar had been rather good friends with the particular Jedi, when they served with him the clone was practically glued to the Jedi General's side and the two always managed to come to similar or near similar conclusions.

He knew his brother was concerned, he knew it deep in his heart. Galaar was too, as they walked he sent out his own messages... One to Rav, one to Omega, one to Scorch, and one to his Jedi friend. He knew he was placing himself as a security risk but Jain had to be warned. He had always treated Fox well.

The hallway was surprisingly active as of now, several Commando teams were moving for the LAAT/i pad for deployment. Galaar switched channels to the Clone Commando General Uplink. The words five-oh-first and Jedi Temple came up a lot. "Attention all essential personnel, the Jedi have gone rogue. I repeat, the Jedi are rogue and outta the manka bag. Lord Vader is rallying a task force to siege the Temple. Commando Squads are to report for assignment with Five-Oh-First staff immediately. I repeat..." The message droned on, over and over.

"We going to the Temple after this Sarge...?" He was slowly going numb at this point, it seemed the whole world he knew was falling to pieces. Knightfall was setting upon them.

"Don't worry ner'vod, we'll find your boyfriend....affirmative. I want to save who needs saving, but the Jedi need to be put in their place. I've been waiting for an opprotunity to get some payback since that deployment under Voss. Chakaar." Calico grunted, turning one corner, then another. Arca barracks had suddenly become very empty in the minutes that followed the order. It all seemed very unreal to the Sergeant. Sure, the Jedi were overzealous and full of themselves, but seizing the senate was something out of even their league.

Laarties will be by soon.

General Arligan Zey, Director of Special Operations, was nowhere to be seen. His office was completely empty, save for a single blaster burn behind his desk. Everything looked disheveled and discarded. "Shab...I bet it was Maze....well, let's go stop a coup."

Calico tried to comm the other two members of the squad, but the systems were clogged up with random orders and reassignments. All available Commandos were to report to the Jedi Temple under the command of one Lord Vader. The Sergeant had never heard that name before, but if he was willing to help put down the traitors, then Calico was game.

He took off on a swift jog down to the motor pool, where the last Commando teams were being whisked away toward the Temple. Night had just fallen, and Calico heard chatter of the 501st beginning to march right up the Temple steps. "Alright ner'vod, where was he last you talked to him?" A bit of urgency found its way into Calico's voice. He took care of his own, and Jain had found a niche with the little Commando family.

He held a hand for Galaar to haul the man up into the gunship as it began to lift off. Two other Commando teams--Calico didn't recognize them, stood quietly in the dimly lit cargo hold. "I reckon he would be at the temple?"

Galaar Tal'Verda

"He's not my boyfriend. He's my comrade, my friend. Burc'ya. Remember ner'vod, I am a better shot than you." Galaar could hardly believe the way Calico was talking about the Jedi. He couldn't believe they had pulled something like this, Kath always said he was too trusting. His boots followed right after his brother's down the near silent hallway.

Zey's office felt nearly chilling as they walked in. The clone closed his eyes under his visor, giving Zey a moment of silent respect. "Always looked out for us. Especially Maze, har'chaak! This isn't right, it couldn't be the Jedi. I know the Jedi. They wouldn't do this Ca'ika!." Galaar finally spoke his piece, he knew Calico would likely be able to sense the desperation under his voice as they moved for the landing pad. He spoke right after Calico. "The last night after the Battle. He was with the Twenty-third near the Industrial district." The clone took a deep breath, looking at the various Commandos, mission objectives filtered into his HUD. Enter the Temple from the roof and kill off any entrenched Jedi, Jedi Loyalists, and Temple Security. "I think he's in the Temple. Shab, this is all bad, very bad." Friend was becoming foe.

"It'll be messy, for sure. The bathrobe brigade was never one to make our lives easy." The Sergeant simply grunted, hand wrapped tightly around the upper handrail. The familiar hum of the LAAT/i wasn't so comforting tonight as it had been. The Gunship set down on one of the outer landing pads. From here, Calico could see a hooded figure leading the 501st up the temple doorsteps.

By the time all the Commandos had boots on the ground, the 501st had made it inside, and the sounds of battle broke the eerie stillness that had overtaken the night on Coruscant. "We find Jain, slot whoever gets in the way, and ex-fill. I just had a ping from Comic. Jackpot went to secure the womenfolk and ready our bail-out. Comic is inserting on the Eastern Wall. He's looking for Jain as well." Calico was lucky that the squad comm could only be heard by Galaar. What he spoke of was treason.

Move it up! Let's go! Let's go!" The 501st Commander roared over the operational comms. The sounds of men shouting orders, wailing their dying screams, the snap of lightsabers, and the pops of weapons fire flooded the secure channels. Someone's helmet had fallen off while he was transmitting.

The eight Commandos that Calico had never met before rushed into the temple. Two Jedi came out to meet them, the familiar white robes of the peacekeepers visible. Their yellow saber staffs gave them an intimidating look, especially when they cut right through the Sergeant of the first squad and sent his point man tumbling over the pad side.

"Damn...they're slotting our boys, Ga'ika! We trusted them!" One of the duelists was met with a rifle burst to the neck, leaving his neck dangling like a loose thread. The other had his own lightsaber jammed through his mid-riff. Commandos were efficient.

Don't get fancy.

Calico waved Galaar forward, past the bodies of the peacekeepers, and into a literal warzone. Squads of whitejobs--regular troopers-- were circling Knights one by one and systematically putting them down. Trooper casualties were rising at an alarming rate. Columns had fallen over, dust caked the air, and someone was yelling about a fire. It would be very hard to find someone in this, indeed.

Galaar Tal'Verda

It was like nothing Galaar had never seen before... The Jedi Temple was offically under siege, the sounds of combat filled the entirety of the district as the Five-Oh-First cleared the Order out. Galaar watched the Peacekeepers being gunned down. Several mundane Security Guards on the other end of the 'pad watching with horrified faces as they looked at the T-Shaped visors. A couple managed to open fire with their rifles, the low power rounds bouncing off the armor with beautiful red-glares before they were gunned down easily enough by the approaching Commando Squads.

Inside was even worse, Galaar cringed at every body. What would happen next was even worse... Galaar turned to a lightsaber popping to life and a young Rodian charging toward him. He couldn't have been any older than fifteen years of age. There were tears, visible tears running down the reptilian face as he charged the clone. The reaction that came from Galaar was instinctive, it came without effort, he lifted his rifle, leveled and fired. Two shots were reflected in random directions; the next three tore through the Padawan's chest sending him tumbling backward in a smoking heap. "Haar'chak..." His throat burned, that felt wrong, unnatural. Galaar wanted to hurl over the balcony side.

"If I know Jain, he's in the Mess, Garden, Library, or Catacombs."

Things were...well they were a big mess. Calico was running on autopilot now. He couldn't do anything else. Some of these people had been his friends, others had been content to enslave him in a war that made no sense. It was a mix of intense betrayal, regret, and retribution. The Jedi and wanted to to take control of the Republic, and now they would pay the price.

"Left, left!" A bearded Knight charged with his blade held overheard. Calico's vibroblade made that distinct shiinnk sound as it ejected up through the man's lower mouth and into the lower section of his skull. The Commando ignored the wet gurgling noise and the crimson blood on his visor as he kicked the man away.

"Di'kut. 501st is capturing the library, so I doubt he'll be there. Comic made a move toward the catacombs. Just got a message from Visri, martial law is coming down." A bolt smacked right into his shoulder and sent him tumbling. He fell into a one of the 501st boys, and barely recovered before a massive chunk of stone exploded against the ground that he had just occupied. The trooper wasn't so lucky.

"Heads down boys! Heads down! You'd think these guys had never fought alongside Jedi before ner'vod." Calico made a sharp turn toward the gardens, particularly the hall of a thousand fountains. Jain had told the Commandos about it, but they never had the chance to visit. Now was better than never.

the scene was oddly peaceful. The 501st boys hadn't made it to this part of the Temple yet--Lord Vader, on the other hand, had. The hooded man sliced through Jedi Masters like butter as they tried to cut him down, his aqua blade cutting bodies with the ease of a man moving a finger. It was beautifully terrifying.

"We move around. He wouldn't be stupid enough to fight that...right?"

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar watched Vader slash several Jedi down with mere flicks of his wrist. The clone pressed himself against a pillar to hopefully hide himself from Vader. He knew the Jedi sensed they were there; he just hoped he could hide his true feelings under a mesh of fear and panic. Neither emotions were really a lie, they followed through him like raging rivers.

He peeked his head from cover and the next thing he saw added more to that horror. He spotted Jain and two other Knights engaging Vader at the same time. The blades arcing back and forth in a phantasmal dance that only Jedi ever got to feel in its entirety. The first Knight, clad halfway in Clone armor with a light blue blade was nearly hacked in half by the Sith Lord sending fragments of armor and burning bone flying across the room. The second, Jain's former master tried a leaping blow only to be caught on Vader's blade and smashed to the ground with force hard that the spine popped.

The clone was helpless as he watched Jain face the already legendary Vader, the fight was over almost as soon as it began. Jain made a downward swing with his green blade which was quickly and mercilessly parried. In the blink of the eye Vader lifted the young Knight by the throat and stabbed him straight through the abdomen in a quick thrust before letting Jain go and slump helplessly against the fountain. The former Jedi marched off with several Five-Oh-First after him.

With the room clear Galaar darted to his fallen friend and comrade. No... No... No. His mind was a blur, all he felt was primal, raw fear that he was losing something he'd never be able to get back. "Jain no!" He knelled right next to the wounded Jedi who was hacking fiercely while left to die by his former Comrade. "G- Galaar... I'm sorry. I sensed you ne---." The Jedi gave a panting huff of pain.

A thousand thoughts ran through the clone's head right there, his hands already working to try to fix the wound regardless of the fact it was mortal. "Ja'ika. Everything is gonna be alright. We're here, we're getting you out. We're getting you out." He helplessly tried to fix the wound, eyes stinging with tears under the helmet. It can't end this way! Kark it!

"Galaar..."

"No! I'm getting you out of here. Suvarir?"

"I... I'm done, you have to go Galaar. He'll kill you if he catches thi... This." The Jedi shifted only to wince in what seemed like agonizing pain. He then leaned his head-foward against Galaar's helmet. "You know what you have to do..."

"I can't! I need to save you... We're going." Galaar was now panicking, fumbling around with his med-kit. His eyes whelling with tears under the helmet. This was his best friend. The Jedi then oddly enough removed the Ga's helmet and whispered something. The clone's shoulders slumped and he nodded, Calico'd see his hand reaching down to grasp his DC-15 side arm.

"I won't forget you Jain... Burcyan draar ash'amur, Cyar'ika."

The Jedi simply nodded at that and placed a hand on Galaar's shoulder. The soldier gingerly placed the trigger against Jain's chin with a shakey hand. Jain gave one curt nod and mouthed the word good-bye before Galaar pulled the trigger; the shot echoing through the empty hall as Jain fell limp. Galaar stood slowly and placed his helmet back on. "Lets get Visri and go, ner'vod."

"Oh, no, no, no..."

Vader went off doing what he was here to do; put down the usurpers. The 501st was all too keen to follow that order as well. Calico took a few paces toward the dying Jedi and his brother, not knowing what to do. He did know that a lump was forming in his throat. This wasn't like a brother dying, not for Galaar. Calico could see it in the way they moved.

One moment, their friend, a man who had served with them the entirety of the Clone Wars, was alive and well. A sharp crack that barely broke through the sounds of chaos later, and he was gone.

One of my guys, and I lost him. We should've moved faster.

He jogged on up to Galaar's side and stared down at the body. "Yeah...stay with me ner'vod." He clamped a hand on Galaar's shoulder and strolled on over the corpse. He did his best not to look into his friend's unmoving eyes and quickly retrieved the cylindrical hilt. To any onlookers, it would simply look like a trophy. To the Commandos, it would be a memento of a friend lost in a sweep of tragedy.

"Jackpot is with Vis'ika. Comic is swept up in the catacombs. All nine of Corellia's Hells broke loose down there. The Jedi are trying to retreat, Masters are waging guerrilla warfare. It goes on for miles...we need to get him out before we leave, Ga'ika."

Calico wished he could understand what his brother felt, but he didn't. Galaar and Jain had always seemed something more than friends. The Sergeant hadn't had an issue with it, so long as it was kept under wraps. Now, that dream of a normal life with someone special was likely gone for Galaar. He would have to support his brother, and hope that playing the part of a doting uncle would fill that void later on.

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar nodded at Calico. He was quite firmly broken right now but he still had his brother to pull out of the fire and he was determined to not let Comic fade from this world, not yet.

You're an animal, a creature built to kill and accomplish the mission. Jain is dead. A corpse. A shell. Save your brother and get out, move it. He sounded just like Vau at the moment; a cold dark void that was lifeless in all regards other than the feral desire to accomplish his mission. The sniper took point, the first group to come across them was a sorry group of Temple Engineers who opened fire with pointless stun pistols. Galaar gunned three of the five down without prejudice. The forth Galaar stabbed twice in the stomach and once in the neck before moving onward and lower into the Temple.

The Catacombs reeked of ozone and smoke. They were an old structure that was made of brown stone under the metal and perma-crete temple above. There were wails of pain leaving them and the sound of thudding blaster fire, most notably the rhythmic thump-thump-thump-fizzle of an E-Web heavy repeater. "Let's shift it Sarge." His voice, was also to put it simply, just like Vau's.

The catacombs were the personification of hell. Singed robes: dismembered bodies, dying soldiers, and destroyed permacrate littered the suffocating halls. Calico hated it, and at the same time, was terrified of it. This was the definition of choke-point-incoming. Galaar's state of mind certainly wasn't helping either. Calico felt for the man, but understanding it was just out of his grasp. He understood why Galaar was shutting down, and how it was done, but not the depths of suffering that he was experiencing right now. At least the battle gave him something to focus on.

"I'm reading him up ahe- A searing pain shot up through Calico's midriff. His HUD screamed and flashed bright red, his vision span in circles from the immense pain. He looked down to see a yellow blade extended from farthest right point of his midriff through. IT wouldn't bleed, and it wouldn't bring about anything serious, but it burned.

Another Jedi, a gray skinned Nautolan of all things, stared in wide eyes surprise as the Katarn armor forced his blade to skid from Calico's spine to a non-vital area. It had saved his life. The Sergeant span away from the blade and shoved the vibroknife into the Nautolan's jugular. A wet gurgling was all the Jedi could manage before he slumped down to the floor--just another body for these horrible catacombs to claim.

"I...really hate sabers. Keep moving." Calico had no time to administer bacta. He simply pushed through the pain, and limpe don down the corridor. The helmet sensors were picking Comic up right down the next turn.

Galaar Tal'Verda

As soon as Calico dealt with his attacker, Galaar had his own to deal with. The green blade whizzed in front of him and barely missed his shoulder; the clone quickly responded with a volley of point blank fire to the Jedi's chest. Whatever species it was it groaned in pained before another volley was let off, the saber deactivated and the Knight fell helplessly against the stone wall.

Without a word he moved on, coming to a large circular room that was the center of a firefight. On the far side the remandier of the Temple Security Force had entrenched themselves with an E-Web and Several Jedi. There was a stack of Five-Oh-First corpses at the door which Galaar barely avoided as he made it threw to take cover next to the white-jobs. "Shiny boys! Its good to see you." The Captain yelled, lobbing a grenade in the enemy direction. "I saw another one of you... Down the left hole. That gun has a point on it though, help us clear it out."

Shiny boys. Calico hadn't heard that name in a very, very long time. Not since the early days of the war, and those seemed long gone now. The Sergeant of Fox squad motioned for Galaar to stack up against the adjacent wall. "We're eager to please, Captain. That would be one of my boys, affirmative."

The Sergeant didn't have to think, he just did. Comic was pinned, and Calico would be the one to fix that. We lost one man, let's not go for two. He slapped the anti-personnel attachment on the nose of the DC-17, used his wraparound cam to gather the positioning of the E-web, and dropped a cylindrical shell into the rifle.

"I hope they enjoy explosives up the tail-pipe." Adrenaline was a marvelous thing. The pain in Calico's side was an afterthought at the moment. He waited until the E-web's streams of fire stopped to reload, pushed himself for one vulnerable, split second into the open, and fired.

The shell hissed as it flew through the air. It hit one of the three prongs holding the E-web, and the whole cavern ahead was engulfed in flame. Shrapnel, body parts, and rubble flew through the dust as Calico moved in to clear.

"Comic, ner'vod, respond!"

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar sprayed blasterfire at a Jedi who tried diving through the smoke after the explosion, the bolts ripped through his back and left him dying before one of the White Jobs finished him off. The Commando was quick to jump down, heading down the corridor their brother was said to be down to find him panting over the body of a dead Jedi.

Force-Users were tough but certainly not invincible, if that were true Jain would still be kicking. You need to stop thinking about him. He's gone. Look after yourself, boy. No matter what Galaar did he couldn't get the image of the Jedi's face from his mind. It was torture, this whole night had become torture. Everything about Galaar's past was slowly being shredded into tiny pieces because the Jedi had betrayed them. The Jedi turned and shanked them in back right before the end of the war.

"Sir! I found him."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom