Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Rebel Rhythms

wb1.png

TAGS:
Makko Vyres Makko Vyres
alexboarder.png
Braze felt a strong desire to experience what life was like for "normal" teenagers his age, those who weren't Jedi. He yearned to connect with them, to understand their world better. So, he hatched a plan to 'sneak out' for a night on the town, where he could blend in and observe their culture.

In the dimly lit room of the Jedi Temple. His blackened attire was a stark contrast compared to his usual looks. He pulled on a thick coat with a fur trim to keep himself warm.

Braze carefully applied black eyeliner to his already striking eyes. With steady hands, he traced a precise line along his upper lids, creating a bold and dramatic look. The pencil glided smoothly, the darkness accentuating his pale, jade green eyes. He then moved on to his lower lids, adding a touch of liner to complete the look.

Next came the deep red eyeshadow. With a small, fluffy brush, he carefully blended the rich crimson hue into the creases of his eyelids, creating a striking crease-cut effect. The color contrasted with his pale complexion, enhancing the intensity of his jade green gaze.

Satisfied with his appearance, Braze carefully tucked his small black kitten, Soot, into the inside pocket of his coat. He wanted to take the little feline with him, as he knew Soot enjoyed the adventure just as much as he did.

As for getting into the underground concert, Braze didn't think it would be too difficult. A discreet message and a small fee were supposedly all it took to secure entry. It was a place where misfits and music lovers gathered, and it was known for its acceptance of all walks of life.

With his look perfected and Soot nestled safely in his coat, Braze m started off ready to experience a night of rebellion and self-expression.

The bouncer, a burly man with a shaved head and tattoos covering his arms, crossed his arms and stared down at Braze with a stern expression. "Sorry, kid," he said, his voice gruff. "This is a 21 and over event. You can't come in without an adult."

Braze frowned, his determination showing in his eyes. "I understand the age restriction, but I'm here to enjoy the music like everyone else. I won't cause any trouble, I promise."

The bouncer shook his head. "Rules are rules, kid. No exceptions."

Braze wasn't ready to give up so easily. He took a deep breath and tried a different approach. "Look, I came a long way for this concert. It means a lot to me. Is there any way you can make an exception, just this once?"

The bouncer remained unmoved. "I can't make exceptions. It's not fair to everyone else."

Braze's frustration began to show, but he kept his cool. "I get it, but you see, I have my reasons for being here. This concert means a lot to me, and I promise I won't cause any problems. Can you please reconsider?"

The bouncer hesitated for a moment, glancing over Braze....

MAKKO

Makko stepped out of the venue for a breath of air. The whole site was a converted underground landspeeder parking lot. It gave the venue a truly urban techno vibe. Several floors of sparse concrete, techno and live DJs were just his kind of scene, but it got hot down there without any real air conditioning.

He kept his sleeve rolled up so that the stamp on his wrist didn't get rubbed off.

Makko stepped to the other side of the queue and leaned against the wall. He looked up. The low clouds reflected the night time lights of the city. He had been through a difficult few months. Most of the time he turned his thoughts to his training and shut out everything else. Every now and again he still needed an outlet.

He had more freedom now. He didn't need to sneak out and risk getting in to trouble. He still tried not to pick up any attention on the way out. It was a matter of his reputation, rather than of breaking rules.

Makko grinned, hearing some of the conversation between the bouncer and someone too young to get past the rope on their own. Makko wasn't quite 21, but no one had questioned him on the way in.

That smile evaporated as soon as he set his eyes on Braze. It was the kid who had arranged the padawan sleepover. Makko thought, for a moment, that he could leave. They made eye contact and he knew it was too late.

"Feth it."

Makko swore under his breath.

"Hey, you're late!" Makko called out towards Braze. He stepped up beside the bouncer and showed his stamp.

wb1.png
@ Makko Vyres Makko Vyres
alexboarder.png

Braze's heart sank as the bouncer remained resolute in his decision. He knew he might have to try an alternative ‘entrance’ if he wanted to enter the venue. Just as he was beginning to lose hope, a familiar voice called out from behind the bouncer.

"Hey, you're late!" Makko's voice rang out, and Braze turned to see the fellow Jedi Knight stepping up beside the bouncer, showing his stamp.

With a brief look of shock and confusion Braze shook his head lightly and yet Braze couldn't help but feel a sense of relief wash over him. He smiled at Makko and stepped closer, hoping his presence would make a difference. "Ah…Makko, you're a lifesaver," he said gratefully in a quiet tone.

The bouncer looked at Makko and then back at Braze, clearly torn between the rules and the unexpected intervention of an adult. After a moment of hesitation, he let out a resigned sigh and waved the smaller through giving Braze a similar stamp.

"Alright, fine. But you better behave and not cause any trouble kid,"
the bouncer warned Braze before letting them into the venue.

Braze couldn't hide his smirk as he followed Makko inside.

“I didn’t think I would see anyone from the temple here.”
Braze offered Quietly as a small black cat popped it’s small face out the front of Braze’s long fur lined coat and squeaked at Makko.

Braze was a stark contrast to how he typically dressed and could have easily been mistaken for a typical citizen. He padded after Makko curious to see why the newly knighted jedi was in a place like this.

Last edited:
“I didn’t think I would see anyone from the temple here.”

"Yeah same," said Makko.

They entered into a long corridor. Like the rest of the venue, the bare concrete walls were unpainted. A few artistic scrawls had been left. All part of the atmosphere they were going for.

"What are you doing here..."

a small black cat popped it’s small face out the front of Braze’s long fur lined coat and squeaked at Makko.

"...and... you can't have that here!" Makko hissed. They were coming up on the cloakroom. Two devaronians stood behind a counter swapping plastic chits for coats. Obviously they stood in front of rows of metal frames and hangers and not a cattery.

It wasn't as if Makko hadn't dressed to look older to get into clubs, but he had never brought a pet along with him.

Now he had to work out how he was going to convince Braze to go back to the academy. And not tell anyone he had seen Makko here.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png
Braze explained his presence at the underground concert to Makko as they walked down the dimly lit corridor.

"I came to enjoy the music and the atmosphere... to brush up on a bit of research of what it's like on the other side," Braze explained.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to do with my life. I figure getting some experience on what its like outs side the Temple's guidance would help me make a better decision. I'm pretty certain of my choice already so this is a small what if scenario I'm exploring."

Curiosity piqued, Braze turned the question back to Makko, asking, "Why are you here?" He removed his thick coat, revealing the small black cat that had been hidden within. The feline peered out, its tiny face poking through the coat's opening, and it emitted a squeak before climbing up and perching on Brazes should burring its face in his hair. Braze gently secured the cat with one hand. The ball of fluff melded in to his dark shirt looking more like an ornament than an animal.

"And for your information she has a name and it's Soot. " Braze chirped, she wasn't a that after all.

"Aren't you a little ~old~ for playing truancy?"
Braze asked with a smarmy grin.
"I figure since you're a knight and all, now you don't really need anyone's permission to go wherever you want. " Braze trailed drawing a small black sling from a pocket and fashioning it around himself before tucking the kitten in to it. He didn't seem perturbed by anyone seeing her, if they could spot the supper small black ball of fluff against his dark attire.

Last edited:
Makko placed his hands on his hips and narrowed his eyes. He found his was frustratingly uncertain of where he was to start with this.

It was like dealing with the Braggart Boys. A pack of kids from the block over. Having an argument with them in the street just led to each pipsqueak in turn shouting increasingly random insults until you walked away.

As an inspiring gang leader, those had not been his finest moments.

"Well I hope the cat likes loud music," Makko muttered. Already on this floor, the music was loud enough to thrum through the floor, through them.

"I'm here was I wanna be. Because I can," he said, reflecting Braze's observation.

"I'm not buying you a drink," Makko insisted. "But if you want to stay...

"...what do you mean the other side?"

Braze continued to pet the affectionate Soot as he spoke to Makko. "Not much seems to bother her aside from leaving her alone," he said, his voice warm with affection for the kitten.

As he exchanged his fluffy coat for the tokken he was given, Braze perked up when Makko mentioned drinks. He tilted his head curiously, looking at Makko. "I didn't come here to find any drinks," he replied, seeming genuinely puzzled by the notion, as he quirked a brow and tilted his head thinking that sentiment over. Then he added with a playful grin, "Is that why you're here? To enjoy drinks? Or... is it to find cute girls?" Braze couldn't help but tease, thinking that those were more typical reasons for someone of Makko's age to attend such a lively event. He wondered if Makko was just here to have a good time and enjoy the music.

Makko's question about what Braze meant by "the other side" prompted the young Padawan to delve into his thoughts and feelings. "Oh, you know... the other side," he began, searching for the right words. "Like, well, maybe you don't get what I mean... I was mostly raised in the Jedi Temple—strict rules, not exactly the normal 'childhood' lifestyle of your typical civilian citizen." Braze paused, considering his words carefully.

Braze's words flowed earnestly as he tried to explain his reasons for being at the event. "I'm here to sort out an identity crisis I've been having—because I'm self-aware enough to know that broadening my depth of experience should theoretically give me some form of clarity as to my personal truth of who and what I really am and what choices to make," he began, his voice filled with genuine reflection.

He continued, delving deeper into his feelings. "My mind is always filled with thoughts... Wondering If I even want to be a Jedi. If I am even cut out for it... or if I'm just trying to appease everyone at the temple and do what they think I should do... ya know?" Braze's gaze was sincere, and he seemed almost vulnerable as he shared his inner turmoil.

"I just kind of wanted to get away from it all, all the suffocating feelings... all the expectations... I just want to let my mind escape all that and not worry about the war or duties to the Order, to just... let go... and enjoy the solace of feeling what it's like to be a normal 'kid'; even if it's just for a night... I guess that's a little much, huh? I'm sorry; you probably think I'm weird and out of my mind. "

Braze's words hung in the air, and he looked at Makko, as if seeking understanding and maybe even a bit of guidance in the midst of his personal struggle.

Makko rubbed his left temple, just beside his eye. He made a noise if impatience at the back of his throat.

"It's not...weird..." Makko tried to offer. But her certainly needed to unpack everything he had just been told.

"If I want to enjoy a drink, that's my own business," Makko said. He'd only had one or two for a little buzz. Makko had been in a dark place and he didn't think drinking was going to help. He wanted to lift his spirits, not drown them. For the same reason, he wasn't here looking for girls. Not that Makko was particularly tied to any particular species or gender when it came to that kind of other side night out.

"Here's the deal. No more talk of personal truth tonight. Enjoy the music, try and live a little and have a dance. One night out isn't gonna stop you feeling like the weight of the world is on you. Might help a bit, but maybe stop giving so much of a shit about what other people think?"

Hypocrite, he told himself.

He turned his head, looking down the sheer, grey corridor. Colour lights reflected up the hall from the first of several dance floors.

"This might not be...ideal first night out territory."

Territory was a good word. He'd read it in a book recently. In fact, he had only recently started trying to read books. They were actually quite enjoyable.

"Stay close and no one needs to be told we were here, yeah?"

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze's words were measured, reflecting a depth of thought and concern that belied his youth. He stood beside Makko, his tone earnest and devoid of judgment. "I'm not here to judge you or your choices. I understand there are reasons behind every action," he began, his voice carrying a sincerity that was both disarming and genuine. "But, if I may, I'd like to share a perspective... one that comes from a place of friendship."

He paused, a hint of self-awareness coloring his words. "I know I might not be old enough for my opinions to hold much if any weight in these matters, but I believe it's especially important for people like… us …. to be mindful of substances. They have a way of clouding judgment, changing perceptions, leading to decisions we might not make otherwise. It's a tough reality and it’s sucks, but given our abilities, we face greater risks than most. Its nor fair.”

Braze's expression softened as he mentioned Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el . "Jasper and I had a long discussion about this. About being aware, about understanding the responsibility that comes with what we can do. I'm just... concerned about your well-being, you know?"

Shifting the conversation to a lighter note, Braze's demeanor brightened. "But let's set that aside for now. That’s a more than fair deal. I'm glad to see a friendly face here; I’m sure we’ll have a stellar time together too. And about the music – I didn't know you were into this genre. I usually lean more towards electric and synthesized tunes-- but the kind that are typically accompanied by ballads.” His voice carried a cheerful note as he comfortably stayed close to Makko, seemingly set more at eased by the man’s presence and familiarity in an un familiar place.

Last edited:
"I know I might not be old enough for my opinions to hold much if any weight in these matters, but I believe it's especially important for people like… us ….to be mindful of substances. They have a way of clouding judgment, changing perceptions, leading to decisions we might not make otherwise. It's a tough reality and it’s sucks, but given our abilities, we face greater risks than most. Its nor fair.”

Makko knew that the warning came from a place of friendship. Primarily because Braze had told him as much, but Makko would have known anyway.

He knew the danger of falling too deep into spice and drink far too well. He also didn't think that completely avoiding all alcohol would necessarily help. He thought it was better to know his limits, to know when he might present those risks Braze warned of.

"I like loads of genres of music!" Makko said. It wasn't a lie but it hid the truth: that Makko would listen to anything he thought was niche and cool. If he could lord his knowledge over someone about an edgy music act he was always happy.

"Like out the outfit," he said, heading down the corridor and down a small set of steps. "Now...stay close..."

Ahead was a thick crowd between them and the dance floor. Neon colours were splashed across the blank canvas of concrete and the noise was suddenly overwhelming.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Makko Vyres Makko Vyres
alexboarder.png

Braze smiled as Makko mentioned his eclectic taste in music. "That's awesome! You'll have to show me me some of your favorites some time. "

As they moved through the venue, Braze couldn't help but comment on Makko's outfit. "I really like your style, by the way. It suits you." He followed closely behind Makko, navigating through the corridor and down the steps.

The sudden burst of sound and color as they approached the dance floor caught Braze off guard. The neon lights painted a vibrant scene, but it was the noise that really made an impression. It was loud, almost overwhelmingly so, and Braze found himself leaning in closer to Makko to stay connected amidst the sensory overload.

"Wow, it's really loud here, isn't it?" Braze shouted over the noise, trying to make himself heard. "Do you enjoy this kind of loud environment?"

Meanwhile, Braze noticed the small ball of fluff that seemed remarkably calm despite the booming music and flashing lights. He reached out gently, offering soothing strokes to the little creature.

"That's awesome! You'll have to show me me some of your favorites some time. "
Truly, music to Makko's ears. He liked nothing better than showing off the most obscure music in his streaming playlists. That he mostly found it through a few particular holoblogs he watched didn't matter.

"I really like your style, by the way. It suits you."

Even though it was returning a compliment, Braze was quickly elevated from a minor annoyance to one of his favourite padawans.

"Do you enjoy this kind of loud environment?"

Makko had to lean over towards Braze's ear to reply.

"Yes!" he said with a grin. It was what he needed now. No conversation. Just music and dancing. One fist pumped into the air and Makko joined the revellers in the middle of the dance floor.

As Braze settled into the relative quiet of his chosen corner, he watched Makko immerse himself in the rhythm and energy of the dance floor. The sight of Makko's exhilaration brought a smile to Braze's face, a sense of vicarious enjoyment in his friend's happiness.

The music, though loud and pulsating, seemed to fade into a background hum for Braze as he observed the dancers. Each person moved in their own unique way, some in sync with the rhythm, others in their own world, yet all connected by the shared experience of the music.

As time passed and several songs played, blending one into the other, Braze began to feel a subtle shift in the atmosphere. It was almost imperceptible at first, a faint tingling sensation that seemed to emanate from the very air around him. He glanced over at Makko, wondering if he felt it too.

The energy in the room seemed to change, taking on a mystical quality. The lights, the sounds, the movements of the people around him all appeared more vivid, more alive. It was as if the music had tapped into something deeper, a hidden layer of reality that was now slowly revealing itself.

Braze felt a gentle pull, an unspoken invitation to delve deeper into this newfound sensation. It was both intriguing and slightly disorienting. He looked around, trying to discern if this was a shared experience or something only he was perceiving.

Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

If Makko felt anything beyond the rhythm of the current beat, he didn't show it. Wearing an easy smile, he returned to Braze. It was nice to lose himself for a little while. He thought it was probably healthier than pushing himself to his limits - and sometimes beyond - on the training ground.

"You wanna grab a drink?" he asked.

"They have a cool menu of mocktails, no alcohol!" he shouted above the din before Braze could protest.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Makko Vyres Makko Vyres
alexboarder.png

Braze offered Makko a warm smile, "Sounds good to me. What do you recommend?" he inquired, gently petting the smaller creature in his sling. As he interacted with it, his expression shifted, morphing into a peculiar look as he scrunched up his nose, reminiscent of a rabbit's curious twitch.

After a moment, he turned to Makko, his tone laced with a hint of uncertainty. "Hey... do you feel anything?" he asked, his gaze searching Makko's for any sign of shared experience.

Around them, the environment seemed to pulse with an unusual vibrancy, as if infused with a strange energy. It was like a veil descending over their perceptions, subtly altering the world around them. This shift was not just visual; it felt almost tangible, warping their senses in a way that was hard to describe.

For Braze, pinpointing the source of this sensation proved challenging. The feeling was elusive, akin to trying to grasp a wisp of smoke. It was fuzzy and indistinct, making it difficult for him to determine what was causing this peculiar alteration in their surroundings.

Braze offered Makko a warm smile, "Sounds good to me. What do you recommend?"

"Er..."

The bar was a slab of plastiglas lit up from below. The cocktail menu was a flimsiplast with coloured line drawings of the drinks to show what was in them.

Makko smiled at the bartender a little longer than was necessary to get his attention.

"If you want creamy this...fruity this..."

Makko said, pointing to a pair of virgin cocktails. One was a warm spiced milk cocktail, the other a bright blue and green zesty drink that smoked in the glass.

"What do you feel?" Makko asked.

It was easy to lose himself in the crowd of people. To let their emotions wash over him as he danced. As he focused, her felt the slight pull. Like a hit of spice drawing him into delirium.

Braze seemed to choose the fruity option and thanked Makko pausing briefly after but a sip looking at the lights... The dim lights of the street seem to flicker and dance, casting elongated shadows that play tricks on the eye. The distant sounds of the city fade into a muted hum. The energy of the place, charged with excitement and anticipation, seemed to seep into Braze's very being, heightening his senses.

Makko, standing nearby, would feel a similar shift. The Force around them seems to throb in time with the music, creating a tangible connection between the environment and their heightened awareness. The air is thick with a mix of emotions - excitement, rebellion, anticipation - all swirling together in an intoxicating blend that is almost overwhelming.

It all seemed just so... surreal.

"I feel fuzzy... like I'm thinking slowly... feeling my perceptions cross over and blur together... I think It's coming from something..."

As they stand there, caught in this moment, the boundary between themselves and the rest of the world blurs.

The colors of their surroundings seemed more vibrant, and a strange energy permeated the air. It was as if a veil had fallen over their perceptions, warping their senses in a fuzzy, dreamlike manner.

Unbeknownst to them, their altered state was not a mere coincidence. From a distance, barely within their line of sight, a figure watched them with a curious gaze. This was Lunaris. His appearance was hazy, as if viewed through a mist, making it difficult for Braze and Makko to discern his features clearly. His presence alone seemed to bend the reality around them, creating a surreal atmosphere.

The Celestella's horns and hair glowed softly. His wings, magnificent and feathered, were folded behind him, they looked like the stars above with a twinkling sprkle.
image12.png
Braze looked around seemingly settling his gzae twowardsteh stranger whow as watching them.

"There..."

The sight of Lunaris, though blurred and dreamlike, lingered briefly. After a few moments of observation, Lunaris seemed to realize he had been noticed. With a graceful motion, he turned and began to fade away, his form becoming even more indistinct as he merged with the surroundings.

Intoxicating.

Makko had once met a Zeltron with far greater empathic abilities than his own. She had drawn the entire dance floor around her, drawn Makko into the throng.

This reminded him of that moment. It wasn't unpleasant. Braze might have warned him about alcohol, but that had never been a troubling vice. It was spice that he could lose himself in at his lowest ebb. This too, had its own draw.

It was not unpleasant. Like the warm haze of just the right number of shots to get the perfect buzz. More personal, like a happy memory, wrapped like a blanket over his shoulders.

"There..."

The sight of Lunaris, though blurred and dreamlike, lingered briefly. After a few moments of observation, Lunaris seemed to realize he had been noticed. With a graceful motion, he turned and began to fade away, his form becoming even more indistinct as he merged with the surroundings.

"What in the actual..."

Makko paused. He was in enough trouble for teaching padawans new swear words already.

"What was that? Who was that?"

It had sublimated into the ether.

"You saw that too right?"

The event was remarkably sobering. He put his alcohol free cocktail back on the bar. A shame really; they hadn't been cheap.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Makko Vyres Makko Vyres
alexboarder.png

Braze shook his head moving a hand to his fore head, sweeping back snowy white bangs trying to shake the feeling that was lingering over him. " Yeah... I saw some one... they were watching us... weren't they?" It was hard to think. this warm fuzzy feeling was nice but it was certainly some sort of hindrance. He took a few more sips from his ice cold drink and set it down moving to take a few steps towards where he'd seen that... being. " I think they are causing this... "

Makko had only wanted a few drinks and a little dancing. To let the feelings of the crowd wash over him and let his thoughts drift away. Now he was minding a younger padawan and dealing with an otherworldly ghost.

Sometimes he missed the simplicity of carrying spice from street to street in a small bag.

Makko couldn't shake the warm fuzz. Normally he could block out external influences from the Force, but he couldn't grasp enough control to block it.

"Fine, let's go see. Stay close," Makko said. With eyes on the fading shape, he accelerated through the crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom