Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Resolve

4cvDz1U.png

I N N E R R I M
J A N A R A S Y S T E M
J A N A R A I I I ...|

A low growl vibrated in his throat. Part of him was covered in shadows and the other lit by the sporadic flames sprouting up throughout the streets; the people were upset.

The First Order had been occupying the world, a full scale invasion as they swept the entire planet. People had faith in the rebels and held the ideal that their cities wouldn't be next, but some people knew the truth.

He released the breath he held for those few seconds, and despite his best efforts to step away from the rebellion, he couldn't help but fester with irritation as Anti-Alliance propaganda became the new wave of attack. Janara was a world between both powerhouses, and largely left alone. This psychological warfare was creating a narrative that would cost so many lives.

From Atrisia to the murder of furries...everything was spilling over and the people were turning their backs on their potential allies and of course the rebels who were fighting for their freedom.

The voice of the entire city rumbled below his feet and crawled across his skin. Riots were breaking out, the fighting had gone to the streets. There were always opportunist...

But for him...he'd felt guilty for aiding the enemy unknowingly. A couple of months back...he took a job that threw him right back in galactic affairs. He wanted his revenge as much as he wanted to help but the two went hand in hand at the moment.

He stared at the Holo-screens, watching the constant loop of the false narrative being drilled into the minds of the innocents, all the while the streets burned with the fear of the people.

---------------

I R O N W O L V E S B A S E
S R E I N A U N D E R C I T Y ...|

He stood amongst the pack. He took to the Iron Wolves after seeing their work. He'd always been into swoops better never cared for the gangs, in all actuality he busted a few back on Coruscant when the Galactic Alliance took it back from the clutches of the One Sith. Much of that was his work with the Justicars...

At a time like this, the people needed something they could get behind; he needed something he could get behind. Him becoming an Omega directly tied him to the Rebellion, and would get him closer to the front and eventually would allow him to track down Rexus.

Seems like his swoop bike skills weren't all that terrible anyhow...

"Our city is burning! They call us terrorist...criminals. Well resistance ain't terrorism, and this is our turf!"

From the balcony above, a voice called them to action. Colt Giran had become the new Alpha. Marn was killed, and the people took to Colt because of his affirmation. He had their attention...but loyalties somewhat wavered as many people found him to be an extremist; some actually considered his methods to be akin to terrorist.

Dark skin, bald, covered in tattoos. "The Invasion is cutting close...we need you all on board as things are gonna get bolder. The First Order has a communications tower not too far from here. I'm sure y'all have seen the recent propaganda against us and the Alliance. I say it's time we show them our story...let the Galaxy know what we're going through over here!"

Colt had a special message for his Omega', "Claim your rightful place amongst us! Tonight we ride...we take the battle to them!"

Rebel stood silent while the others roared and howled until their voices cracked and went out.

[member="Vicard Heyn"]

IRON WOLVES BASE
SREINA UNDERCITY

Upon a swoop bike, half a dozen feet away from the Alpha and a few less from the new kid, Vic sat and listened to Colt's motivational speech. The man was still slightly distrustful towards the agent for hire despite Vicard's acquaintance with the previous Alpha - Marn. It was Marn who had been a factor in bringing in the infochant to the Iron Wolves cause. The former Alpha's links with outsiders had found Vicard's employer - a man with ties to the Alliance intelligence. Hence, the latter's appearance here.

Standard security procedure called Vic to keep his tabs on the new member. The fresh blood. The Omega. It would be a disaster if a First Order agent made their ways into the rebel cell's structure.

When the howling of the group ceded, the agent's voice came from behind the Omega.

"You sure you're ready, kid? You look pale." In reality, Vic couldn't even see if the man was indeed pale. The conversation was meaningless on the surface but quite useful as a tool to judge reactions. Small talk could you give you way more than data than interrogation. Usually. "Stormies tend to shoot quite accurately contrary to the holomovies we've all watched."

The rest of the group slowly began taking their places on their own swoops and finalizing the last steps of preparation for what was to come upon the invaders.

[member="Rebel Sunka"]

"Pssh..."

His shoulders rose and sunk all in one breath. He stood there replaying everything in his head after the rally had ended. It wasn't until he heard the voice from behind him. He turned his head slightly to catch a glimpse before turning completely around to get to his swoop.

"Yeah..." He said in short. Of course his mind was in other places, and knew that he was probably one of the ones in the room with the most experience fighting the First Order. "Yeah, they definitely do...that much I can tell you." he didn't look back after walking past him. But when he got to his bike, he gave the guy a glance "Be careful out there..."

In his mind this guy was nothing more than a new recruit trying to join the Wolves. In assuming that, he could imagine that these skirmishes were new territory for him. He could be wrong...

But you could tell there was something under the surface driving him, it wasn't necessarily the rebellion.

---------------------

F I R S T O R D E R O U T P O S T ...|

He noticed the group was smaller when they got to the area. Also noting that most were Omegas...with a few Gammas here and there. Obviously they'd lead. He hopped off his bike and gathered with the group near the fence.

Hmm...

"So no Colt?" he posed the question at large. He wasn't sure if he anyone else noticed.

"Alpha' on a separate excursion. Two objectives and different places. Better we split up, it' up to us. Alright on me!" The Gamma would give a few seconds while everyone else crouched in the shadows just on the outskirts of the compound. The Tower was dead in the center.

Rebel looked around, the lights flashing over his head every few minutes during its rotation.

Hmm...

Not a large patrol...he maybe spotted a few.

"Alright...we still got the element of surprise. Good." He split the group in half. "Rebel, you [member="Vicard Heyn"] , and the rest of you going back are tasked with infiltrating the tower. The rest of us are going to hit the garrison and draw the attention. Lets move!"

TOWER OUTPOST

What struck Vic was the fact Colt was not among them. The Gamma explained why but something told the informer not to be too trustworthy. He cursed his own lack of information regarding the new Alpha but Marn's death was least expected. Not much to overthink about it exactly now. Rebels were about to storm a comm tower manned by First Order personnel. Lights in the darkness shifting from one side to another marked the patrols' locations.

Gamma's orders came and Vic found himself luckily on the same team with the Omega he was monitoring. The man called him Rebel and for a moment the agent wondered if that truly was the man's real name.

"Move, move, move." Whispering one of the rebels urged them to move and follow his lead as they approached the tower from a different flank. Not long after they had taken their first strides, the familiar sound of gunfire and explosions filled their ears. Alarms came immediately after and the tranquil movements of the patrols' flashlights turned into a frantic dance. The stormtroopers were quickly jumping into action to defend their garrison leaving the tower almost completely unmanned.

As the group moved closer to the target they could visualize two guards standing vigilant in front of the dual doors that marked the entrance to the tower. An open field led to them meaning that any sort of cover was impossible.

Vicard remained silent. It was not his place to give orders but time was ticking away. The longer they dwelt on a course of action, the thinner their chances of success became.

[member="Rebel Sunka"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom