Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Alliance Gathering Order (Golf-Oscar)/Recruitment

Wan Min checked her Alliance comm unit. She had never received a message of this kind on open comm before. "Golf-Oscar-Whiskey-Mike-Bravo-Kilo-Delta, Golf-Oscar-Whiskey-Mike-Bravo-Kilo-Delta, Command transfer immediately," it read. She pulled out her Alliance datapad with codes. "Force...I'm...I'm in command?" She muttered. She looked to her compatriots on the Indefatigable, the wreck they were salvaging, and knew what she had to do. Min activated her Alliance communicator, all frequencies.

"All Alliance starships and crews, this is Admiral Klutzy Dreamer. Command over the Alliance fleet is transferred to me effective immediately. This is a Golf-Oscar, say again this is a Golf-Oscar (Gathering Order) effective immediately. All Alliance crews please gather in orbit of Planet Designate Sierra-Echo-Lima-Victor, say again Sierra-Echo-Lima-Victor (Selvaris). Home One crew make best possible speed for Golf-Order planet designate. This is a priority one order, all other orders rescinded.

I am declaring a fleet-wide State of Emergency until I receive word from Forecaster, say again this is a fleet-wide State of Emergency. All previous orders rescinded. Exception being to ships guarding planetary headquarters, say again exception being to planetary headquarters garrison ships. This Golf-Oscar does not apply to those vessels.

Anyone listening on these frequencies and in need of shelter or aid, make contact with local Rebel Alliance crews and head for Golf-Oscar planet designate. May the Force Be With Us All..."

RAV-20M Intangible was on its way in with a couple other corvettes, the retreat from Makeb complete. There were sore things on Geneviève's mind, and she was not in a good mood at this point. Too many things had gone wrong--unpredictable things. Who had fired the first shots? She had not ordered it, and they were not Rebels, to be sure.

And she had failed the people. They were liberated for only an hour... before that monster mutilated and murdered every last citizen in Talaos City.

She had failed.

Her good deed had been the killing of men who had been dismembered into a state that living would only be torture. Was blood on her hands? There certainly was blood. But was it of her volition? Whose blood belonged to whom?

It was that monster who had done this. The monster. And how had he been there without challenge. The Ravens were responsible for everything. She was clean. She was absolved of all wrong. Someone needed to kill that monster--and then [member="Cryax Bane"]. For justice. Geneviève was Justice. She knew this was truth as soon as she walked through the airlock and into Home One.

There were too many things on her mind and too many problems to solve. Thank the Force she had an admiral as of now.

[member="DasGeneral"], [member="Jarven Zexxel"]

Min toggled her Alliance comm and signaled ahead. "Forecaster, Forecaster, this is Admiral Kilo-Delta, I need authentication of orders transmitted. Repeat, I need authentication of orders transmitted. Am I now officially admiral of the Alliance fleet? If so, I need tactical on what happened. Where did the old admiral go? And why was I selected?"

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Jarven woke up disoriented and discomboluated inside the Recalcitrant's med bay. He staggered up out of bed and reached for his helmet and gloves on the nightstand....they weren't there. Groggily, he looked down at his body and realized, Hey....no armor. He gazed at the room around him and spotted his gear on a table. He tried to get up and make his way to the table, stumbling about like a drunk. He got to the table and tried his best to put his armor on. Thankfully, there was a chair nearby that he could sit on while suiting up.

It wasn't long before the medical droid hovered up to him and said, "You have just been administered dosage. You should not be up right now."

"I'm fine. I'm fine...Say, where's...erhm, that one guy. Renekton...Franklin...Kenerath...Kenny...Keffich...What's his name....Um, where's the guy in charge? I should probably go speak to him...." Once Jarven was suited up, he began to walk out of the medbay and through the corridors, each step becoming sturdier than the last. The Med droid continued to caution him until he had left the doorway to the Med Bay.

[member="Corruck Kazen"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="DasGeneral"]

The Recalcitrant reverted to realspace after quite a long journey from Makeb. They had escaped, but there was little to celebrate for, for all intents and purposes the attack had been a dismal failure. They had not accomplished much damage against the Red Ravens, there had been little in the way of success on all fronts, and many of the soldiers had died or been captured.

The crew's morale was very low, Nothy had caught a last glimpse as they left the atmosphere. She had seen Corruck and his men surrender. When she told everyone else, well it didn't help. Sheera was still piloting, though now Rathur didn't leave her side. Karneth had been meditating in the ship's galley and Nothy had spent the entire time in her room.

By the time that [member="Jarven Zexxel"] had awoken, Karneth had moved to the bridge and was about to engage in communication with the Rebel fleet. A communica from the medical droid stopped him. Apparently their little friend was trying to find him. So he looked over and told Sheera and Rathur to steer the ship along with the rest of the fleet and to answer any questions.

He found the man in one of the many hallways, this one leading between the galley and the stairs that took one up to the living quarters area. "Good to see you up and walking. Though I think you may have upset the medical droid." He smiled as he spoke.

He then asked, "Now, what can I do for you?"

Meanwhile on the bridge Sheera sent a message to the fleet, "Fleet, this is Recalcitrant entering space. Friendly." Her voice broke midway through the transmission but she forced herself to continue and then left the channel open in case.

[member="DasGeneral"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

"Well, I'd hate to tick off the machine that brought me back to good health. Send it my apologies." Jarven smirked.

"Well," said Jarven, "for starters, how long was I out? I feel like the Tin Man from that..." A small wave of nausea passed over him and then settled. "...one movie...I don't know"

"Other than that, I'm just curious as to where we go from here."

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Karneth smiled, "A few hours I would guess. I haven't been keeping track, been trying to hold the crew together."

He sighed putting his hands on his hips and looking down. It was quite difficult to keep everyone focused on their escape. Most of the others had wanted to turn around and try and save Corruck and his men, but Karneth knew they could have done little. He had taken matters into his own hands and ordered the crew to continue the escape plan and followup rendezvous with the Rebel fleet. He intended on speaking with the leaders, the names of which he knew not, and hopefully getting a search and rescue party set up.

"What happens? That is dependent on a number of factors. Firstly, do you think you are a good enough condition to do quite a lot of talking?" He was sure that there would be a lot of explaining on both of their parts to superiors.

[member="Jarven Zexxel"]

"Well, I'm more of a fighter than a talker. Seeing how, technically speaking, this is enemy territory...I have a feeling that I'm gonna' hafta' adapt REAL soon."

Jarven leaned up against the wall. "...Why do you ask?..."

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Karneth smiled weakly as he explained, "Well, you are a Red Raven. We lost a lot of good people back during that raid, including my boss and friend Corruck. I get the feeling that Corruck's superiors will be quite happy for a prisoner to interrogate."

Karneth would have preferred it to be otherwise, this guy obviously had just had a bad break. But unfortunately, one could not change the past. For all intents and purposes, [member="Jarven Zexxel"] was now officially a prisoner of war. Karneth decided that he would try to help in whatever way he could, but he had an obligation to Corruck, and if this person knew anything about the possible whereabouts of his friend then he had to get that information. He knew that Sheera or Rathur would gladly have taken out their anger on the closest Red Raven, Jarven, which was one of the reasons that he was either trying to keep an eye on them or on Jarven. No matter how much the man may know, Karneth knew that he had to be alive and in good condition to speak, especially after that first stunt. Anyways, it wasn't like he could go anywhere or try much before he would be taken down.

"I would like to help. I'll tell the Rebel leaders that you were out of the fight for most of the time. But I expect that they will want to debrief you. I don't think you'll be doing much fighting for awhile."

"---prisoner to interrogate---" Jarven snorted with a bout of laughter inside of his helmet. He tried to stifle it as much as possible so that he could be respectful to Karneth while he was trying to talk. As soon as he was done, Jarven bust out a hearty laugh, slightly sliding down the wall. His laughter subsided, and he tried to speak through the chuckling.

"I *hee hee* seriously JUST joined the Ravens. *Ha ha* Oh, I understand WHY they would want to do it, but they just happened to catch the smallest *HA HA haaaa* gunker fish in the pond! *hoo hoo hoo...*"

After his little bout, he felt another wave of disorientation come over him. He stood up, groaned, and held his head in his hands.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Karneth was surprised, he didn't know what to think of this man. He seemed to find the notion of interrogation amusing. Karneth wasn't sure if this was a sign that the man was insane or maybe he didn't think he could be broken. He was about to ask when [member="Jarven Zexxel"] started talking. It made sense to Karneth as it was explained, and it also gladdened him a little. If nothing else that would at least make the interrogation that the Rebels were probably going to do anyways much shorter. Karneth feared, possibly incorrectly, that the Rebels would be outraged at the loss in this previous battle and the loss of some of their personnel. He guessed, again possibly incorrectly, that they would interrogate just about any Red Raven they had captured for information.

So the fact that Jarven was nothing short of a green soldier in the Red Ravens meant that he would hopefully have a short time spent with the Rebels. He spoke on his thoughts. "I am glad to hear it!" He laughed a little as well, though it felt a little forced to him.

When he heard the groan he instinctively reached over but caught himself and pulled his arm back. "You alright? Need a medic?" Karneth doubted it, but it was important to ask rather than assume.

[member="Jarven Zexxel"]

"Frell, I'm fine. I think it was that med droid injecting me with...stuff...woke me up. I..." and Jarven let the thought trail off in mid-conversation.

"...We're rendezvousing with Rebel forces, aren't we." Jarven stated it more than asked it.

The nausea passed. "Well, time to face the fanfare. Where to?" As they started walking again, Jarven remembered something. "What happened to that landing party that this ship dropped off?"

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

The broadcast came over the closed-comms system of the Rebel flagship, asking for 'Forecaster'. It took a moment for the intended recipient to realize the message was for her, considering she had only just altered her code name en route to the fleet.

Apparently there was confusion as to whether the Benefactor had been serious or not when making the call to promote this fresh military coordinator. To tell the truth, that might be expected. Dreamer had only been involved in salvaging operations up until this week. But that was exactly the mind Geneviève wanted commanding the fleet--someone who could respect it and who knew how to organize a group of flyers and midshipmen. She was perfect.

Taking the turbolift up to the command bridge, Gen wasted little time making way straight for the new admiral. There had been no need to reply to the message, after all, when one was aboard the very same ship. "Admiral Brightsky."

[member="DasGeneral"]

Karneth smiled as [member="Jarven Zexxel"] spoke. He had been under the influence of those kinds of sedatives before, though they rarely affected him as badly as non-Jedi. He nodded to answer his first semi-question. Whether or not the man was important within the Red Ravens was not important to him. He doubted that it would matter to the Rebel leaders either. He was afraid that the Rebels would take out their anger on whatever person was easily available. He had a feeling that this would not come to pass, however he not one to trust his own feelings.

Karneth led the walking towards the main loading ramp. It had been kept clean and clear, especially after the run on Makeb. This was the main entrance of the ship and was normally kept in a fine condition. He stayed silent for a moment when Karven asked about the landing party. He took a breath, let it out, and then spoke, "They were captured. Mostly they were soldiers, but Corruck was in that group. As far as we know he is likely dead already. That... that is why I fear for your safety. I don't know how well Corruck conducted himself with the rest of the leadership, however I have a feeling that he made a number of friends. Those people may be thirsty for blood, possibly in vengeance." He kept his voice perfectly steady, there was nothing in it but seriousness.

--------------------------------------------

Sheera continued her previous transmission, "Fleet command, sorry I don't have the names. I would like to report... to report that the landing party at Stronghold One was captured. We have also picked up a passenger who was with the Red Ravens. I would like to request landing clearance."

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="DasGeneral"]

Karneth did not really know how to describe Corruck. He had never really talked about the man in the past. He tried letting words just flow. "He was a good man. By no means perfect, but he meant well in most of his deeds. He made his share of mistakes, but he normally tried to repair or ask for forgiveness of his failings. He didn't enjoy failing those around him, he seemed to think that he was letting them down and therefore not being the person that those around him needed. He had something of an ego, he often believed himself to be even somewhat superior to those that he saw as enemies. Many times it was by sheer luck that he was able to succeed. He had a mind for preempting trends in the market. It was as if he could read what the next fad was and then take full advantage of it. Many of his guesses were wrong, but most ended correct. When I first met him he was something of a crime lord. He fit that title very well, just as ruthless as the next guy. But later on, after he left that business and later joined the Rebels, he seemed to have a change of heart. He joined the Rebel Alliance, I think, to repent and repay for the actions that he committed as a crime lord. He has... had a difficult time letting go of past failures, his own specifically. I don't really know much about him beyond that. I know that he went into that last battle full of confidence. Apparently his luck had run out."

He smiled sadly, he didn't know what would happen now. The ship had been Corruck's, but he assumed that it would be given to one if not all of the crew members. He would have to take a look at the holo-messages that Corruck had made just in case of his death.

[member="Jarven Zexxel"]

(Yeah? Well, I bet [member="Corruck Kazen"] didn't see MLG coming...)

Upon hearing this, Jarven's heart felt heavy. Nothing was ever simple in the galaxy. Good men died and bad people lived. Sometimes, it was vice versa, but not often enough. He knew that the events had been beyond his control, but he still felt like he was somehow responsible. He put his hand up to his aching heart and put his other one on Karneth's shoulder. His head slowly slumped downwards as he spoke.

"He sounds like...a good man." He let his hand slip off of Karneth's shoulder and let his head hang low with depression.

Karneth let a smile, not one of joy but of understanding, cross his face as he spoke, "Don't be upset. There was nothing that could have been done. He knew the dangers inherent with the attack that he led. I just hope that he died well."

He had been sure that Corruck would die that way, in a blaze of glory leading a charge or following a retreat. It just made sense in his character. It was just as likely that he would be killed in an assassination or in his sleep. It was difficult to tell with a man like Corruck how death would find him. It happened so many times that good men died in ways that they did not deserve. Death was so unpredictable. Not even the Force could tell one how he or she would die. Many of Jedi died at the hands of Sith, a death that was by no means fair to what they spent their life doing.

He brought himself out of his reverie to ask, "So what were you doing halo-jumping onto the battlefield?"

[member="Jarven Zexxel"]

Jarven lifted his head. "Well, for the most part, I was trying not to throw up. I was also improvising", he said. "When they said come to Makeb, I came. I was foolish, though. I forgot to pick up a Raven comm. Therefore, I had no way of receiving orders. My transport couldn't land because of your ship. So, I airdropped...it seemed logical at the time...Hindsight is 20/20, right?"

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom