Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reassembling the Past

As the rickity old transport landed on the surface of Kalee, 96 stood up from his seat and began to walk toward the exit
"Open the door" He said in his normal monotone voice.
As the door of the transport opened he noticed a familiar face, Its was a Super Tactical Droid. 96 crunched the numbers in his head and came to the conclusion that the weird purple coloured droid infront of him was Rog-r.
"Hello Rog-r, Me and my fleet heard you call and have arrived"
As 96 looked around at this surroundings, he was dissapoitned. Dissapointed because of the small numbers that the droids had.
"I guess this will do, since we have arrived our chance of survival has increased to 35%"
96 was pleased and disgusted with those od's at the same time.

Sparky stepped off his ship amid a cloud of dust. The whine of the engines as he walked away pleased his circuits. Briskly he marched over to where TX-96 and Rog-r were walking. He saluted and said "Commanders I apologise for not being punctual I came as quickl-"
Sparky promptly fell down in a heap.

"WARNING
Critical error...
Please initiate manual reset..."

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Rusty, as he identified himself, was making good progress towards the rendezvous point. He had rebooted and found himself lying in a ditch amist rubble of a decaying crashed ship, slowly succumbing to the sands of the desert. So was he actually, the sand seemed to have inflitrated every open port. It was fortunate he powered down in wheel configuration, or he might have not powered up at all.

He ran a diagnostic on his systems and decided to ignore the multiple warnings that flashed across his receptors. Firing up his servos, he managed to get his systems warm enough to get moving. The majority of the journey was in the old droideka's favour. The ground was dry and tough, hard enough for him to roll along. He raced along the broken ground towards Rog-r location.

Around 2 klicks out, the ground turned soft and loose. Rusty reluctantly changed into a standing configuration, so he wouldn't risk driving himself deep into the dunes. Progress became very slow and the shifting, hot sands played havoc with his radiation receptors. After blasting a few craters in the dunes, chasing shadows of supposed hostiles, he decided to adjust the spectrum on his receptors to better accomodate identification.

After a long march in the hot sun, he estimated he was approaching his destination. Over the next rise he saw the rendezvous point about 500m away.

Now Rusty wasn't familar with proper landing protocol, but it seemed that there had been some kind of breach of the standard. A ship had crashed deep into the terrain and a other ships still airbourne seemed like they had decided on a similar course of action. Others, however, seemed in fine shape and Rusty was beginning to appreciate the force gathering here.

As Rusty approached the site, he saw a group of droids that seemed to be approaching. Ignoring a glitch that shot through his programming, he began to bob excitedly and moved quickly towards the party. After a few steps he tripped on an unknown hazard and floundered on the ground. He was only able to stand again by changing into wheel form and standing up again.

What initally appeared as debris turned out in fact to very much resemble a droid. Rusty was no engineer, but it appeared to be missing some components, possibly a limb. He also seemed to have blades for hands, an oversight that Rusty thought would have been ironed out in production.

Vestigial limb or no, this seemed to be a CIS droid. Rusty poked him with one of his blaster cannons but there was no response. The droid party was approaching closer. Rusty turned to face them, with a flapping motion of a cannon reminiscent of waving.

Rog-r stared at the collapsed B1 battle droid. His optical sensors scanned the droid for damage. Although in bad shape, the general knew the droid was needed to ensure the survival of the CIS. He reached down to the droid, before pressing a combinations of buttons on the droid's back to initialize a manual restart. He turned to face the freshly greased commander.

"You," he said, his voice monotone but demanding. "Carry the B1 until the reset is complete. We will continue towards the object."

Rog-r then turned back in the direction of the object. With the distance left to travel significantly reduced, he could clearly make out the shell of the BX series droid ahead, along with a Q series droideka waving beside it.

"I calculate a 99.7% chance that the object is a BX series commando droid. Spanner, I need you to run over to it and initiate repairs."

The general then raised his right hand, signalling for the rest of his forces to halt. He turned and examined them. Although a small group, Rog-r knew this party of droids was the only way the CIS were ever going to return to the galaxy. He turned to face the commander droid.

"Place the droid down on the sand and prepare a scan for nearby cave systems." he ordered, before turning to the rest of his small party. "Our chances seem slim, but I am confident that we will be able to secure a cave and convert it to a factory and base of operations. We will begin once Spanner has completed repairs on BX and Grease has completed his scans."

All Rog-r could do now was wait and hope.

[member=TX-96] | [member="B1-8108 "Grease""] | [member=IG-192] | [member="B1-8023 Spanner"] | [member='Q-7846 Rusty']​
[member=BX-25233] | [member=OOM-096] | [member="B1-6745 "Cheese""] | [member="B1-1853 "Sparky""]​

Grease stumbled behind his General, curious at what the scrap metal pile could possibly be. The General looked over towards the curious commander and demanded him in a powerful, montone voice to pick up the scrap and wait for it to reset. The poor B1, nearly had an oil leak at the intimidating General however he quickly hustled over to the junk, giving him a slight kick in the torso hoping it would magically turning on, saving the ancient droid from breaking a connection. However luck was not in his favour.

The droid, which B1-8108 now known as Grease, ironically for his clanky joints was able to be identified as a B1, was slumped over the commander's back. Why me? He though? These lowsey droids should be doing this work. However he sucked it up and listened to the General's orders.

The group marched behind the General hoping they would find somewhere to stay. Grease was hoping this droid would hurry up and reset because his rusted metal couldn't hold up this junk any longer.

The General saved the poor commander's junk of a body requesting him to lay the metal down for the engineer to start some repairs.

Spanner walked towards the Droideka
"Hello, big guy"
After spanner saying this, he crouched down next to the BX Series Commando Droid, and proceeds to say
"Wow, aren't you special"
Spanner proceeds to run a diagonastic scan on the Commando Droid, finding significant system failures and a wire-hanging leg.
Spanner then checked his battery power, and it appeared to be below 10%.
Spanner had a toolkit with him, and was able to repair any damage to the initial hull of the model. Spanner looked further down the commando droid, noticing his near-lost leg. Spanner was able to weld it back to his droid body. Spanner had nearly finished. All he had to do was recharge his power, and hoped is systems returned to normal.
Initially, Sanner thought to himself
"Wow, this droid got pretty beat up"
But now, Spanner can atleast look at him without all his limbs breaking on itself.
Spanner greased up and made sure the leg was secured onto the body, which it was, and moved on.
Spanner opened his toolkit and pulled out a Droid Battery, and plugged it into the plughole droids used for recharging.
It took around 5 minutes, and eventually he was ready.
He turned on the Droid.
"Voila"
As the droid reawakens, Spanner heads back to the General and says
"The droid is fixed, dunno when he will be up and running though. He appears well, slow.

96 lifts his arm and points at the Engineer Droid Spanner.
"You there come over here, I need you to have to ship up to scratch so we can fly the general up to the munificent."
As 96 said that he began to walk over to Rog-r.

BX-25233

The original commando droid with a hat
-initiating startup. Systems charged to 35%. Systems working at 75%-
BX-25233 starts to powerup.
As his optical sensors turn on he is initially surpised to see that he was somewhat repaired.
"Thank you for the repairs and not letting me shutdown permanently. My designation is BX-25233 and i am ready to serve. Fair warning i seem to be unable to use blasters in a manner that would cause no harm to my fellow droids"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom